Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:46:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Gaming Conferences and Conventions  |  Topic: Pax Prime 2013 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pax Prime 2013  (Read 12656 times)
murdoc
Terracotta Army

on: April 17, 2013, 11:41:17 AM

So, tickets for PAX Prime went on sale today and the 4 day passes sold out in about 20 minutes.

I would suggest for anyone wanting to go, you go buy your passes soon.

http://www.showclix.com/event/3750599/

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 11:52:27 AM

Dafuq.

(edit) The ticketing site has a queue.  There is a QUEUE to get to the WEBSITE where you ORDER tickets for the actual thing.  They need to just do this as a lottery or make it ridiculously expensive or something, it's gotten stupid.  Playing "who can hammer our servers the hardest" is the worst way to distribute a finite resource.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 11:55:05 AM by Samwise »

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 12:15:19 PM

Uh, geez. I was thinking of going since I'm west coast now, but... yeah, maybe not. EDIT: I mean, I won't have the money to consider tickets until Friday.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 06:17:51 AM

And, that would make you several days too late. I got in to the queue 6 minutes after the tweet. I got to the purchase page an hour later, and all the 4 day passes were sold out. So, four one-day passes it is. Looks like it took a few hours to sell out Saturday passes and everything was gone within six hours.

The one thing that worked out well for me, was that I had a meeting I had to attend ten minutes after the tweet - the queue page was still up when I got back.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 06:22:27 AM by Bunk »

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 10:24:03 AM

Yeah, I would have gotten the four one-day passes but they were already sold out for Saturday by the time I got through the queue.  Not worth flying to Seattle if I'm gonna miss the best day.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #5 on: May 15, 2013, 08:33:08 PM

Some folks at Bungie really want me to take a trip to Seattle so they can pick my brain about some stuff, so they're bribing me with a PAX ticket.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

About time my stupid brain did something useful.

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #6 on: August 19, 2013, 12:33:37 PM

So if anyone wants a set of PAX Prime tickets, I have an extra set to sell. (My cancer ridden buddy has pulled out. Fuck Cancer)

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #7 on: August 29, 2013, 12:39:26 AM

I am currently on the train going through Sacramento, will be in Seattle tomorrow night.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS  Bunk and Murdoc, are you guys gonna be there?  You should go on the HP Pubcraft crawl on Saturday.

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: August 29, 2013, 07:24:47 AM

I was going to buy Bunk's extra passes, but with two kids now it's a little more difficult to go to Seattle for 4 days on the spur of the moment :(

No PAX for me this year.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #9 on: August 29, 2013, 07:47:14 AM

I'll be there tomorrow morning. Staying at the Red Lion, so I'll probably be down in the Elephant and Castle most nights.

I'll look into that pub crawl.

Abelian75
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: August 31, 2013, 11:07:59 PM

Man, this is my first year living in Seattle, and being able to hop on a bus and get to PAX in fifteen minutes makes it pretty goddamn awesome.
schild
Administrator

Reply #11 on: August 31, 2013, 11:15:50 PM

Yea, it's like me being able to walk to afterparties for SXSW or ACL.

Except I don't have to deal with gamers. /humblebrag
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #12 on: September 01, 2013, 10:22:33 AM

Last time I did the concerts instead of the afterparties, and I have to say the afterparties are working out better.  Less waiting in lines for sure, and I get to drink.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Gaming Conferences and Conventions  |  Topic: Pax Prime 2013  
Jump to: