Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2019, 02:10:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
Donate! | Shop: Amazon
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: [Steam, free] Warframe: mission based fps that is unique and damn fun. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Steam, free] Warframe: mission based fps that is unique and damn fun.  (Read 175919 times)
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #1015 on: November 03, 2019, 07:50:22 AM

I've been working on my first lich on and off and since I wasn't completely focused on killing it its influence has spread across 5 planets.  I don't have any hard data on what triggers the spread yet, but it seems you can't just ignore them once you create one (it's probably possible to simply never spawn one if you don't want to).  If you try to ignore it it will eventually spread to all planets it appears and then it basically does have a chance to spawn on any mission that you run.  So far I think the system is great and it's brought new life to the star chart.  Previously if I went to run an old mission there'd be no one else there and the enemies may as well have been ants.  Now, when I run an old mission where my lich has influence I've been in a full group of people also chasing their liches, the enemies are lvl 60+, and it's beautiful chaos as the liches start spawning in and attacking us.  I did an Interception mission yesterday on Saturn where normally I would have just stood on one point trying not to fall asleep waiting for the mission to succeed (maybe 1% chance of failure) and we nearly lost the mission.  The enemies were high level and spawning at a good rate and we were attacked by three different liches.  It was the most fun I've had in an Interception mission for sure.

Melee changes seem to have split the community down the middle.  I'm in the camp that thinks it was much needed and am loving it.  Yes, CO and Blood Rush have been nerfed substantially, but now nearly every single melee weapon in the game is viable.  Previously, I would have never thought about using anything other than my plague zaw, but now I've been considering and playing with a whole slew of weapons.  Hate, Gram, and Broken War are my favorites so far.  Before the nerf with my zaw with a CO and Blood Rush build I legit could not tell the difference between fighting a lvl 30 enemy, and a lvl 165 enemy.  They both died just as fast once I had some combo counter and with Naramon you could build your counter and keep it.  My damage was in the millions and it was absurd.

Use an Exilus Adapter on the Catchmoon and use Lethal Momentum for a very nice range boost.

most often known as Drevik
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #1016 on: November 04, 2019, 09:51:21 PM

Condition Overload nerf sounds like ass, I actually thought melee was in a good place.

I would argue it is now in a better place. People use Fang Prime now and manual blocking is back. I have been having fun with it at a any rate.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 09:55:55 PM by Meester »
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #1017 on: November 05, 2019, 01:24:51 AM

So have I, and so would I.

Sometimes irony is pretty ironic.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #1018 on: November 09, 2019, 08:24:03 AM

I dusted off Vauban... vortex and nail grenades are now my go-to along with Arca Plasma. Gauss is ok but I prefer Volt still. I haven't played Grendel yet.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #1019 on: November 15, 2019, 03:18:53 AM

Played a bit with the Liches and I have to say its grown on me. I lot of what I said before is wrong. Liches will spread their influence if you ignore them. I don't know if they will grow stronger if their influence hops to a new planet after. I quite like the "puzzle " aspect of figuring out what mods to use to kill them.

Grendel I maxed out and I was kinda of meh about. From conversations I've had you either like him or don't. Part of it is I don't like the sounds he makes when he devours things. If you do you are set with him. He is a very tanky frame, basically.

One issue I see is people trtying to get him having to do those horrid missions for him alone. I can see people doing the Excavation mission solo as I did that myself, but survival would be dodgy and Defense? forget it. And people WILL be trying it alone as once everyone has it people wont be too keen to do those missions again.

Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #1020 on: November 15, 2019, 04:52:41 PM

I have 2 forma into Grendel so far and find him tanky but clunky. His devour is a bit hit and miss, his 2 is barely needed, his 3 is great if you got a good devour off and his 4 brings nothing to the table.

I'm a bit disappointed in both him and Gauss.

I'm about to have a look at the Ember rework and see if she's better now. Right now I'm having fun with Vauban, Atlas and Wukong

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1021 on: November 15, 2019, 05:33:38 PM

They've been in a Warframe design rut for a while now. They had a really good stretch from the end of 2016 (Nidus) to mid-2018ish (Khora) but the last 7 Warframes have been a big "meh" from me.

Nidus, Octavia, Harrow, Gara, and Khora are all good to OP/broken frames. Since then it's been Revenant, Garuda, Baruuk, Hildryn, Wisp, Gauss, and Grendel. I haven't gotten Hildryn, Gauss or Grendel but from what I've seen of them so far I'm not really interested in collecting them. Of the 4 of the last 7 I have played, Wisp is the only one I kind of like, mostly cause her Shock reservoir is seriously strong CC. But deploying her reservoirs is very slow and awkward and you can only really use them in certain mission types.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #1022 on: November 15, 2019, 09:52:49 PM

I use Hildryn all the time, and her 4 is a brilliantly strong CC, basically turning mobile Defense missions into a joke. Her 1 is basically useless, and her 2 helps her tank very well, and her 3 is a great support/offense power. That said I have the anti slash/toxin Arcanes on as she is very vulnerable to them.

Gauss isn't great, but his powers are fun to play around with. There is a benefit to having something that's fun even if you know its not effective. But, I barely see Gausses in actual play any-more

Grendel I will probably never use again. He just isn't interesting to play. Ya he's tanky but I have better and more enjoyable tanks.

Wisp actually have me a migraine when I used her because off the flashing crap. She is still very common so people enjoy using her.

Revenant is so freaking powerful. Having a bunch of enemies suddenly turn to your side is glorious. His 2 actually turns Index into a bit of a joke.

Ember and Vauban have been appearing all the time in teams the last 2 weeks. I haven't tried them myself, but they are kicking several shades of ass out there. Must take them for a spin tomorrow.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 01:10:17 PM by Sir T »

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1023 on: November 15, 2019, 11:28:09 PM

Khora is my go to CC frame at the moment. In fact I've switched from Octavia to her as my main currently thanks to Nightware. Her Strangledomes (4) are crazy good. They do as much damage as Hildryn's Aegis Storm but you aren't stuck floating at a certain location and you can have 2 of them out at once so you can cover even more territory. Plus enemies take double damage from weapons and abilities if they are captured in it. And her Ensnare (2) works on even the toughest non-bosses like Bursas and the Disruption Demos (until their next nullifier pulse purges it).

With Khora it is very easy for me to carry NW Index, for example, as both the goal tender and a runner, even as a squishy frame, since the goal tending Strangledomes don't disappear if I screw up and die while carrying a bunch of points. Unlike, say, Gara and her Mass Vitrify (4) which will disappear. And I can Ensnare enemies for very safe kills (as long as there aren't any bombs around).
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #1024 on: November 16, 2019, 01:03:46 AM

You can float around while in Aegis Storm. And you can have 1200 overshields and a period of invincibility when they are shot off as Hildryn with 20 index points carried. Everything has its advantages I guess. Aegis storm does not affect the Enemies in the index, however.

Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #1025 on: November 16, 2019, 06:50:54 AM

Hildryn is a goddess and I actually rate her 1 as well as her 4. Wisp is fun, but her beam laser hurts my eyes.

Took Ember for a run, she's still not quite back to where she was as a low-level cash cow but she's a lot better than the previous revamp

EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #1026 on: November 16, 2019, 08:49:32 AM

Gauss is one of the strongest frames in the game.  He has everything.  Built-in Hunter's Adrenaline, 100% DR, CC, armor stripping, weapon buffs, speed, and can spread status effects for CO.  Put a Quick Thinking on him and he is immortal.  I can understand not enjoying his play style, but you can't deny how powerful he is.

most often known as Drevik
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: [Steam, free] Warframe: mission based fps that is unique and damn fun.  
Jump to: