Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2017, 06:49:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
Donate! | Subscribe! | Shop: Amazon

***DONATION DRIVE 2 HAS BEGUN:
CLICK HERE TO BURN MONEY***
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: Is this game dead or? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is this game dead or?  (Read 71944 times)
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #1225 on: May 26, 2016, 06:11:47 PM

I was talking with someone recently that said that the WvW scene has kinda fallen apart in GW2. I'm sure there will be blobs to follow though.

Be principled, but not too principled.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1226 on: May 26, 2016, 07:41:32 PM

The last patch supposedly made things a lot better.  They actually got rid of the new map they added in the expansion and went back to the old one.  Which kinda tells you how badly they fucked things up, but at least they are willing to admit they screwed up and simply scrap the whole thing.

I am the .00000001428%
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #1227 on: May 27, 2016, 10:56:22 AM

Oh thank goodness. The old maps had their problems but the newer maps were goddam terrible.

KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #1228 on: May 27, 2016, 03:39:40 PM

What was so bad about them (haven't played in a long time, but keep thinking about re-downloading it)
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1229 on: May 27, 2016, 04:15:15 PM

I haven't done wubwub in years but from what i heard from guild mates the map was way bigger and more maze like.  It made it impossible to reach a target in time if it got attacked, it made it very very hard for any armies to even run into each other.  Basically even when full it felt empty, even if you wanted to fight instead of play musical castles you couldn't.  It made all the problems people had with world pvp a whole lot worse.

I am the .00000001428%
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #1230 on: May 27, 2016, 05:11:11 PM

What he said. Instead of fortresses and lakes and whatever you had big tunnels that would round in big random curves and you could not stray from the path to cut cross country. It was kind of like edge of the mists.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #1231 on: May 30, 2016, 11:33:15 PM

Logged in for the first time in over a year yesterday. Didn't have a clue what I was doing. Turns out that when I played before I had completely remapped all the keys to something that felt much better for me, and I have no idea what those keys were. awesome, for real

Silverwastes probably wasn't the best place to be for stumbling around and not having a clue. Still had a decent pop on the map though, which surprised me. Of course they all lost horribly when going up against the big boss. So same old same old.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #1232 on: August 03, 2016, 12:56:44 AM

Just letting people know that "Living story 3" has started. Its the usual "This story chapter is free for 2 weeks if you log in, otherwise pay up" Model.

The story can be summed up as "GW2 does Blizzard" but is fairly enjoyable (aside from non skippale endless talking sequences) and leads you to a smallish map that is built for running around farming and is fairly cool.

Get it while its free.

Crumbs
Terracotta Army

Reply #1233 on: August 21, 2016, 11:00:38 AM

Matchups in WvW seem kind of shit.  EOTM and WvW proper alike.  I'm on TC and it's usually a steamroll in EOTM unless we have a talented commander.  Outnumbered quite often.  Did some EB the other night and people were given the comm shit, and then someone said, "stop giving the comm a hard time or TC will have no commanders left."

I've been searching for an ELI5 type thing for how matchups are determined, but I can't find anything.  Anyone know?  I have to be missing something...people say in chat, "OG are bastards" or "BL sucks," but they say this the week after our group was OG or BL.   swamp poop
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #1234 on: August 21, 2016, 11:08:00 AM

I hear you. I dabble in wvw and its total crap a lot of the time with roamers and the way to victory is "massive blobs leaving everyone elses stuff as paper," and somehow we never have the massive blob.

Also I wish I had never started this BS Legendary weapon path. Its a massive gold sink.

Crumbs
Terracotta Army

Reply #1235 on: August 24, 2016, 03:33:48 PM

I hear you. I dabble in wvw and its total crap a lot of the time with roamers and the way to victory is "massive blobs leaving everyone elses stuff as paper," and somehow we never have the massive blob.

Also I wish I had never started this BS Legendary weapon path. Its a massive gold sink.

Yep, still never going to do a legendary.  The Juggernaut tempted me because of the cool FX, but nah. 

I friend suggested I transfer to a different server with a better EOTM matchup history, but I'd like to better understand the matching up process before leaving TC.   TC4Lyfe
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #1236 on: August 25, 2016, 10:38:01 AM

Of course, I write that and a fucking precursor drops. Not a valuable one, a freaking torch that's "only" worth 140 gold. Of course to actually construct the legendary with it would only take about 850 gold. Winning!  why so serious?

MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #1237 on: August 25, 2016, 02:08:10 PM

Yep, still never going to do a legendary.  The Juggernaut tempted me because of the cool FX, but nah. 

I friend suggested I transfer to a different server with a better EOTM matchup history, but I'd like to better understand the matching up process before leaving TC.   TC4Lyfe

I never really understand the assertion that your going to have a balance mass pvp system in an mmo. Its just dumb at best, nostalgia at worst.

If bored and want something to read click here -> http://memiorsofatroll.wordpress.com/
Crumbs
Terracotta Army

Reply #1238 on: August 27, 2016, 05:07:49 PM

I never really understand the assertion that your going to have a balance mass pvp system in an mmo. Its just dumb at best, nostalgia at worst.

And I've never really understood how, across multiple MMO's, it has been impossible to at least get the numbers evened out even when multiple servers are combined into different battlegroups at regular intervals.  Then again I'm pretty bad at statistics.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1239 on: August 27, 2016, 06:04:43 PM

Because the numbers are only even until someone starts winning. 

I am the .00000001428%
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1240 on: August 29, 2016, 01:13:15 PM

Not one mass PvP game has ever made population and participation balance a priority on day one. They always just assume it will work itself out and they scramble to band-aid their system after everyone shifts to the winning teams (or quits entirely).

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Crumbs
Terracotta Army

Reply #1241 on: August 29, 2016, 03:50:04 PM

But EOTM is a game with "battlegroups" a-la WOW.  Different servers put together.  I can't find a concrete explanation, but these server groupings seem to change when the home bases change.  If all of this is correct, there's some sort of algorithm determining the forming of the battlegroups.  If THAT is true, can't the algorithm be based on who got steamrolled and who did the steamrolling? 

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1242 on: August 30, 2016, 02:51:30 PM

But EOTM is a game with "battlegroups" a-la WOW.  Different servers put together.  I can't find a concrete explanation, but these server groupings seem to change when the home bases change.  If all of this is correct, there's some sort of algorithm determining the forming of the battlegroups.  If THAT is true, can't the algorithm be based on who got steamrolled and who did the steamrolling? 

It is, the steam rolling just begins a new with each match up.

I am the .00000001428%
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: Is this game dead or?  
Jump to: