Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 02:03:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Patch 5.3 - "Oh dear, the MT is still playing Pokemon". 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Patch 5.3 - "Oh dear, the MT is still playing Pokemon".  (Read 29220 times)
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #35 on: April 15, 2013, 01:30:51 PM

So it would seem.  I was talking to my wife and said they were going to be damn grim.  Our annual pass is expiring this month and I won't be renewing even as monthly.  D3 and Gindaria made me say, "fuck this company." 

I only got one alt to 90 because of the stupidity of the gear grind.  I'm unable to do the last rai with it due to items not dropping for me in the first raid.  The emperor raid? Yeah, maybe if I get lucky with drops in Klaxxi I would see it in another month and a half.

Seeing this brave new direction I decided to take my money elsewhere and I'm glad to see others are as well.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #36 on: April 15, 2013, 01:35:49 PM

A week after our raid team finally managed to kill Garalon (no we're not very good) and they nerfed his enrage timer to being pointless.

A week after I managed to get caught up on the legendary and get my 6000 valor they cut it in half.

I don't have a problem with the nerfs themselves, I'm upset they weren't like that at the beginning.  Garalon was horrible and six weeks of maxing valor for one quest was stupid.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: April 15, 2013, 09:08:06 PM

A week after our raid team finally managed to kill Garalon (no we're not very good) and they nerfed his enrage timer to being pointless.

A week after I managed to get caught up on the legendary and get my 6000 valor they cut it in half.

I don't have a problem with the nerfs themselves, I'm upset they weren't like that at the beginning.  Garalon was horrible and six weeks of maxing valor for one quest was stupid.
wait, what?  They cut the 6000 valor gate quest down to 3000? when did this go live?

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: April 15, 2013, 10:03:35 PM

They didn't yet. Those are not live patch notes. Those are from today's PTR patch notes post.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: May 23, 2013, 07:46:14 AM

For the first time in a while I was able to cap VP without really putting an effort in. Heroic Scenarios are very easy and net ~200 VP, weekly barrens quest nets 200 VP, raids now give more VP, etc.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: May 23, 2013, 12:06:39 PM

yeah, not to mention that simply doing the weekly barrens quest also netted me something like 25-30 lesser charms from killing mobs, and it seems like the charms grind has practically evaporated.

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: May 23, 2013, 12:16:21 PM

The weekly heroic scenario quest reward bag also has a guaranteed ilvl516 item inside, by the way.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #42 on: May 23, 2013, 01:34:21 PM

A lot of full time PvP people seem... displeased, with 5.3.
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: May 23, 2013, 01:43:47 PM

What are the complaints about? Wasn't really paying attention but it *seemed* like a good PvP patch. New BG, new arena, Barrens event encourages world PvP, scaling-down to 496 (or whatever) ilvl in Battlegrounds encourages more balanced matches, PvE gear changes lets people step into PvP without being totally destroyed while still giving PvPers an advantage, healer-queue balancing makes BGs less one-sided, etc.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #44 on: May 23, 2013, 01:48:39 PM

If I had to guess, full time PVP people probably don't like anything you said after the words 'scaling down'.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #45 on: May 23, 2013, 01:56:08 PM

I can't tell if it's a vocal minority or wide spread but they are mainly angry that PvP gear isn't that strong in PvP anymore.  They all but removed resilience from gear, then gave everyone a baseline of 65% and then they nerfed PvP power.  I can understand long term PvP people being unhappy, all that gear isn't very special anymore, they are doing less damage, getting fewer kills and so on.  In some cases PvE gear might actually be better depending on gems and set bonuses even if scaled down.

Also, a lot of that stuff you listed broke and had to be turned off in hot fixes until the bugs are worked out.  In the barrens PvE gear would be better than PvP because there is no scaling down.
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: May 23, 2013, 01:58:24 PM

I think there is still high ilvl PvP gear, and PvP power doesn't count towards an item's budget so any PvP item at the same ilvl as a PvE item will automatically be better for PvP.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: May 23, 2013, 11:35:10 PM

I think there is still high ilvl PvP gear, and PvP power doesn't count towards an item's budget so any PvP item at the same ilvl as a PvE item will automatically be better for PvP.
Problem being that i believe all PvP gear is currently a default lower item level then it's equivilent tier PvE gear.  Take for example, the loot off of Sha or Nalak.   They should be equivilent tiers of their respective PvE / PvP drops, however: Sha PvE gear is 496, while PvP gear is 483.  Similarly, Nalak PvE gear is 522, while PvP gear is 496.    There is currently a large iLevel discrepancy between top tier PvE gear and top tier PvP gear for each patch cycle.

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #48 on: May 24, 2013, 11:33:48 PM

For the first time in a while I was able to cap VP without really putting an effort in. Heroic Scenarios are very easy and net ~200 VP, weekly barrens quest nets 200 VP, raids now give more VP, etc.

Is there a specific list of these? I haven't played in close to a month due to VP grind burnout.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: May 24, 2013, 11:57:21 PM

Is there any particular reason why heroic scenarios aren't LFD-able? It's very fun trying to run one on a completely dead server like Crushridge... and I'm not sure I want to bother using openraid for this.

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #50 on: May 25, 2013, 10:03:20 AM

Because blizzard considers them too hard for random strangers to do without lots of drama and frustration, like challenge modes.  Also to pacify the people who don't like automatic match making.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: May 25, 2013, 02:46:25 PM

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: May 25, 2013, 03:53:04 PM

Good, now try to actually queue for a heroic scenario while solo. Feel free to post a screenshot of that instead of the standard scenario LFD screen, too. Ohhhhh, I see.

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #53 on: May 25, 2013, 07:01:10 PM

Is there a specific list of these? I haven't played in close to a month due to VP grind burnout.
http://www.wowhead.com/news=211957/5-3-ptr-new-and-heroic-scenarios-overview
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: May 26, 2013, 02:47:57 AM

Good, now try to actually queue for a heroic scenario while solo. Feel free to post a screenshot of that instead of the standard scenario LFD screen, too. Ohhhhh, I see.
Welp, don't I look dumb.  Facepalm

Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: May 30, 2013, 03:27:18 PM

New sparkle pony in the store today.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #56 on: May 30, 2013, 06:31:36 PM

It's cool looking. Too pricey though.

Do they ever do raid mounts now that they sell mounts in the store?

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: May 30, 2013, 07:07:53 PM

It's cool looking. Too pricey though.

Do they ever do raid mounts now that they sell mounts in the store?

Yeah more than any previous expansion I think. Every world boss drops one, 1-2 bosses in the zones do, etc.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #58 on: May 30, 2013, 07:20:58 PM

That's good. I always liked having bosses drop rare mounts.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #59 on: June 04, 2013, 02:34:14 PM

Got an email today for a free 7 days to see Patch 5.3 ESCALATION!!!

I have no idea why we're working with the Horde again to beat the other Horde. Wouldn't it make more tactical sense to just let them beat the hell out of each other?

Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: June 04, 2013, 04:31:41 PM

Blizzard is offering discounted extracirriculars for a week. Maybe they want you to come back and try 5.3?
Realm transfers, race/name/gender/face changes, etc.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: June 04, 2013, 05:13:03 PM

Got an email today for a free 7 days to see Patch 5.3 ESCALATION!!!

I have no idea why we're working with the Horde again to beat the other Horde. Wouldn't it make more tactical sense to just let them beat the hell out of each other?
I believe the reasoning for the Alliance working with the rebels is because currently, Garrosh is a raging warmongering lunatic, who is almost hell bent on wipeing the alliance off the face of the planet.  Meanwhile, he currently views the rebellion as an irritating inconvenience, which he can deal with whenever he gets around to it.  So the Rebels are basicly like "Well, you can help us get the drop on him before he realises what is going on, or we can let him go full on warpath on you, and stab him in the back after he has spent most of his energy erradicating you".  And the Alliance is like "Yeah, option A seems a bit better".

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: June 05, 2013, 06:09:19 AM

Have they gone f2p yet?

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #63 on: June 05, 2013, 06:59:45 AM

I guess it's because he is using/being used by either the last sha or the newly uncoverd old god dwelling beneath pandaria so neither group could stop him on their own.  Although I don't think the npc's know that yet.
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: June 05, 2013, 08:21:59 AM

The 5.3 quest content isn't gated so you can blow through it in a day. May as well use the 7 day invite if you get one and check it out. The "why are we helping the horde" question is addressed in-game.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #65 on: June 05, 2013, 08:55:27 AM

I'll give it a shot this weekend.

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: June 05, 2013, 11:46:22 AM

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/nazgrel/Scbrock/simple
Someone has gotten up to ilvl 485 without a single piece of raid or pvp gear.

SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: June 05, 2013, 05:22:43 PM

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/nazgrel/Scbrock/simple
Someone has gotten up to ilvl 485 without a single piece of raid or pvp gear.
shouldnt be very hard to go a decent bit higher then that, especially now that the upgrade NPC is back.  Also, are you counting raid gear as craftables that require raid mats?  Cause he could totally go higher with crafted 522 Boots / Helm, and he seems to be missing the Shadowpan Assault Neck (which requires neutral, so can be grabbed without ever going into ToT).

craan
Terracotta Army

... . ...br.. . ..br. . ...br

Reply #68 on: June 07, 2013, 11:15:16 PM

I stopped chasing the high end gear and other (I feel) grindy stuff and just use my BOAs while running low level battlegrounds.  When I get past 30 or so I delete and reroll.  Playing low level disc, resto druid, or hunter in full BOAs is a blast.  Well, maybe not for the non-BOA players.

I made a 'loomed rogue yesterday.  Not quite as OP but stealthed ambushes are the bee's knees.

PWYWWYFSWLSOCA
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Patch 5.3 - "Oh dear, the MT is still playing Pokemon".  
Jump to: