Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 08:15:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MechWarrior Online  |  Topic: Mech Builds and Build Planning Sites 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mech Builds and Build Planning Sites  (Read 30509 times)
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: April 11, 2013, 01:26:41 AM

Then I've either never understood CASE or they changed how it worked.  I always thought it had to be placed in the segment where the ammo was and, in the event of an ammo explosion, it only damaged that segment.

Interesting.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: April 11, 2013, 06:26:53 AM

Placing the ammo in the same segment reduces damage, since you don't have it traveling from the limb to the torso.

However, a leg is a lot less likely to get a crit on it than a side torso, so I'd rather store ammo there.  I use CASE as an "Oh shit, they got lucky!" insurance.  If they're hitting it I figure either my 'mech is beat to hell and every bit of damage reduction helps or it's nearly pristine and so I have a ton of ammo there and would rather the damage not core me.

Yeah, I could put that half a ton towards a SL or something, but I tend to build defensively if my choice is between two mostly situational or useless things.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #37 on: April 12, 2013, 07:15:34 AM

Slay's Stable: HBK-4J - Right Torso? Nothing to see here.

HBK-4J

Gotta run the 6ML, otherwise the SP is completely and utterly better. Probably still is, but I kinda fell in love with this fucker as the first medium I every bought. I group my weapons 4 ML (torso/head), 2 ML (arms), and 2 SRM6s.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 07:23:42 AM by Slayerik »

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Jasper
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: April 24, 2013, 06:52:56 PM

Jaded Jasper Inustries presents their most effective mechs:

FLAME  (This is probably my best mech)

HBK-4H  (Similar to the above, but plays more cautiously)

TBT-7K  (I struggled with the K and hated it until I switched to this)

CDA-3M  (Not the best K/D, but the ECM makes it a strong team player.  Held back a bit by being weak against Light mechs.  Surprise UAC5 backshots are rude if you don't jam though!)

AWS-9M  (A nice alternative to the strictly PPCs mechs about, with good speed and Streaks to hold off non-ECM lights)

JM6-S  (Need to work to setup ambushes, but brutal once you close the range)

Some of these are a bit outside the conventional wisdom, but they've worked well for me, averaging I would guess 4-4.5 K/D.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #39 on: October 01, 2013, 08:38:22 AM

Slay's Stable: Kintaro 20 - My Usual Scapper, with More Beef

KTO-20

Feels like a slightly slower, slightly tougher CN9-D. I can't wait till I get speed tweak on this. I completely obliterate things in this, usually going around the outskirts and flanking. Two salvos to the back is lights out for a lot of mechs. I took out a hunchie 1 on 1 last night so bad I felt kinda bad for em. Drawbacks are the same as most of my builds.

1. Cost. The XL 360 will set ya back about 6 mil. Luckily, the XL 360 can be used in a fuckton of mechs.
2. You need to close. If you are impatient, you will die and your score will suck. If you fight smart you will be top damage more often than not.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MechWarrior Online  |  Topic: Mech Builds and Build Planning Sites  
Jump to: