Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:58:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: Patch: 2/26/13 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Patch: 2/26/13  (Read 32073 times)
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: March 01, 2013, 12:47:59 PM

Once i saw the lackluster reward i never bothered finishing the story. 

I am the .00000001428%
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: March 01, 2013, 12:52:12 PM

I seem to remember some of the designers posting that they envision dungeons as something similar to the GW1 'elite areas': Underworld, FoW, Tomb, The Deep, Urgoz' Warren, DoA. Which were pretty terrible and you needed min-max builds + consumables to have a chance of clearing them.

On the bright side, the GW2 dungeons ARE more enjoyable than those... maybe in a few more years they'll reach vanilla WOW dungeon enjoyability.  why so serious?

kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: March 01, 2013, 01:49:56 PM

Once i saw the lackluster reward i never bothered finishing the story. 

Was that early on? They added a rare (I tihnk? I'm pretty sure it's not exotic) weapon to finishing Arah Story's quest.

Still, saves you like, half a gold and imo the skins are kind of shit for most of them.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: March 01, 2013, 02:50:18 PM

Just did the guild bounty missions (1-3 just for the "fun" of it). It takes some organizing and the karka bounty was nowhere to be found. We actually managed to fail level 2 mission the first time due to wiping and not being able to kill the mob, but this can be blamed on a nasty bug: all players were downleveled to 43 by the zone while the target mob was level 80. Needless to say it was taking out everyone with a single hit and didn't really take any damage  swamp poop
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: March 01, 2013, 03:05:24 PM

Did they nerf my flamethrower? It seems to be worse than ever.

I know, I should be levelling with power 'nades/bombs/rifle.... but I'm weird, I like levelling with condition pistols, flamethrower, eliixirs and thumper for vets/champs.

On another note - holy crap is guardian easy to level with? I thought ranger was ok but a bit glass cannon to level and engineer is slow.... guardian seems to be non-stop multiple pulls and vets go down fast. I might have to shelve the engineer for a bit. At level 11 on ranger and engineer I was never able to power through like the guardian.

I really want to take my mesmer and necro out as they are sub-10 but seem like fun.

Still trying to work out how to level faster - is it possible to do it through crafting?

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: March 01, 2013, 03:41:49 PM

They (barely) buffed flamethrowers, actually.

edit: and my leveling habits: do 1-9 in your starting zone along with story quests. The zip over to another starting zone, do map complete there. Then go back, finish your actual starting zone and story quests. This is the basic theme: start in a level appropriate zone and do hearts until the mobs start being your level/+1. Then go to another zone of that level and repeat. Never try to do +1/+2 content, it takes longer and provides no measurable increase in rewards.

Stockpile crafting mats and at some point pop a crafting booster if you have one and just power through a few tiers of crafting for an hour. That can easily be 10-20 levels. My necro and engineer are around level 60, and have never been in a zone above level 45.

Personal opinion, guardians and warriors level easy. Followed by thieves (Dagger/Dagger #3 murders trash mobs in pve by the truckload) and elementalists. Mesmers get awesome at 60. Necros are.. boring as shit, imo. Some people love them, but dear lord you're forced to use staff a lot for any reliable AE, and the autoattack is godawful with an irritating noise attached.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 03:47:22 PM by kildorn »
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: March 02, 2013, 05:09:12 AM

I think they have deluded themselves into believing that if they force players into the dungeons enough times that eventually we will learn to love them and thereby justify the resources they pored into making the things.
Yes, that always works well.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: March 04, 2013, 01:50:42 PM

If you have an alt with some gold, you can get some free levels with cooking and JC pretty easily.  I think from scratch it's like 2-4g.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: Patch: 2/26/13  
Jump to: