Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:16:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: How can I be self sufficient solo? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How can I be self sufficient solo?  (Read 53412 times)
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: July 29, 2013, 07:27:10 AM

Low sec exploration will net you an absurd amount of isk (especially so because it doesn't require a massive upfront investment in isk/sp). Get a probing ship and a tengu, head to lowsec guristas space and keep an eye out for any of the rated DED plexes. The 6/10 can be completed solo. in about 20-30 mins and has the potential to drop 2b. All of the Pithum a-b-c type mods drop there. The 4/10 also spawns in high sec and can drop around 500m it can also be done easily in a AF or cruiser (gate wont allow t3 inside it any more). Guristas have the easiest plexes (EW is almost nonexistent and there is not a single ship that scrambles) that have the highest potential for huge isk. Plexes in null (barring very few outliers) produce less isk.

But with the most recent update to probing has brought a lot of competition. Good thing is beyond probing/exploring you only have to pay total attention for small periods of time.
Wow, I have been gone too long. If a good probing ship and a Tengu are considered low isk/SP investment, things are wildly different then when I left.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Aiwass
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: July 29, 2013, 09:22:55 AM

Low sec exploration will net you an absurd amount of isk (especially so because it doesn't require a massive upfront investment in isk/sp). Get a probing ship and a tengu, head to lowsec guristas space and keep an eye out for any of the rated DED plexes. The 6/10 can be completed solo. in about 20-30 mins and has the potential to drop 2b. All of the Pithum a-b-c type mods drop there. The 4/10 also spawns in high sec and can drop around 500m it can also be done easily in a AF or cruiser (gate wont allow t3 inside it any more). Guristas have the easiest plexes (EW is almost nonexistent and there is not a single ship that scrambles) that have the highest potential for huge isk. Plexes in null (barring very few outliers) produce less isk.

But with the most recent update to probing has brought a lot of competition. Good thing is beyond probing/exploring you only have to pay total attention for small periods of time.
Wow, I have been gone too long. If a good probing ship and a Tengu are considered low isk/SP investment, things are wildly different then when I left.

enough SP to sit in a tengu and use t2 hams with a 300-400hp/s tank is the ideal from an isk/hr standpoint.  You can get away with much less, just requires more than 1 plexing ship. 2 drakes can run up to 6/10 just fine. Lowsec guristas plexing is almost broken in how much isk it produces the investment/risk.  Everything that will remotely approach it requires infrastructure (null anoms,WH's) and or several other accounts. Probing ship can also be your plexing tengu if one only has one account. Just resub once you find something worthwhile.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: July 29, 2013, 09:32:12 AM

Hmm, I might fire up eve to play around with this and FW. Does CCP still reactivate a single account for a couple of days if you want to come back to let you buy plexes and junk to bring other accounts back online? I have enough ISK to subscribe my accounts via plex for a significant amount of time.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Aiwass
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: July 29, 2013, 10:39:01 AM

Hmm, I might fire up eve to play around with this and FW. Does CCP still reactivate a single account for a couple of days if you want to come back to let you buy plexes and junk to bring other accounts back online? I have enough ISK to subscribe my accounts via plex for a significant amount of time.

They give you a 3-4 hour window, you can activate it from your account page.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: July 29, 2013, 11:07:55 AM

It's 4 hours, and worth knowing that PLEXes go for 550M+ these days.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #75 on: July 29, 2013, 03:33:57 PM

It's more of a pain in the ass than it used to be since rats switch aggro to drones now, but an Ishtar with a passive shield tank can basically handle all but the 10/10 Gurista plexes.  It just takes longer.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: July 29, 2013, 09:01:06 PM

What made plexes appreciate in value?

MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #77 on: July 29, 2013, 09:35:55 PM

Isk inflation, there's a lot more money sloshing around the Eve economy these days.  In 2007, I was one of the richest players in the game with a net worth approaching 100B, these days that wouldn't amount to much (still rich, but not "How much for just the station?" plutocrat rich).

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Aiwass
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: July 30, 2013, 07:32:31 AM

Multiple new isk fountains that are easily accessible. When FW LP was being abused and ones profit was limited only by how many alt accounts they could have afk orbiting 23/7 plex value increased significantly. Anoms in null was also a huge flood of isk that anyone with a script and a carrier could cash in on... Lived in Gem at the time and there was barely a system without an afk Russian in a carrier. WH's, incursions (dont know much about them) also new streams of isk.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: July 30, 2013, 10:49:46 AM

Moral of the story is, if you win eve, convert your isk to inflation resistant commodities in case you ever stop winning in future.

When the TEST war brought me back, I was up 40% thanks to guidance systems and mineral prices.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #80 on: July 30, 2013, 05:29:47 PM

It's more systematic than that, you can make isk those ways, but it's trading hands, not being created.  The biggest single source of isk is default insurance, the 40% of nominal value you get just for losing a ship.  The only real drains are clones (trivial) plus NPC space office rents and market fees.

--Dave

Edit: Also 'NPC fuels', another factor in the inflation was removing ice-based fuels from the NPC market.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 05:31:22 PM by MahrinSkel »

--Signature Unclear
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #81 on: July 30, 2013, 07:15:34 PM

Is there any way I can easily just buy RMT all the ISK I want? 
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: July 30, 2013, 07:44:07 PM

Is there any way I can easily just buy RMT all the ISK I want? 

Yes. You buy all the plex for real money that you want. Then you sell the plex in game for isk. No reason to bother with third party rmt companies.

Aiwass
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: July 31, 2013, 06:01:32 AM

It's more systematic than that, you can make isk those ways, but it's trading hands, not being created.  The biggest single source of isk is default insurance, the 40% of nominal value you get just for losing a ship.  The only real drains are clones (trivial) plus NPC space office rents and market fees.

--Dave

Edit: Also 'NPC fuels', another factor in the inflation was removing ice-based fuels from the NPC market.

NPC bounties is creating isk. Not sure how much EVE wide it produces but a single null system could produce 10-20b a day.It has to be a significant figure. The new sec increase system and mission offers also remove isk.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: July 31, 2013, 08:58:23 AM

There is a fairly large drain in the form of people winning eve. Also the LP stores all absorb isk.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: How can I be self sufficient solo?  
Jump to: