Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:28:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: PC Game of the year - Gamespot 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PC Game of the year - Gamespot  (Read 30114 times)
Secundo
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: January 07, 2013, 06:05:28 AM

More like Betrayal of the Year.

Couldn't agree more.  Heartbreak

I don't even see how that works. PR can lie to you, a game can be bad, but betrayal? ... you might need to step away from the computer for a bit if you think the game has it in for you personally.

This is how it works. I will offer a special explanation for you since you are special: It's just, like, my opinion man..

"Klingons do not allow themselves to be probed" -Mr Worf
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: January 07, 2013, 06:06:48 AM

I just started playing this.  I'm not very far in, but it doesn't feel all that interesting.  Particularly not enough to be GOTY.  It seems to play basically like every other MMO I've played. 

I just started playing this as well. I jumped into it without reading much. I like it far more than The Secret World or STO (the two mmos I've recently tried), and I'm not sure where it stands with relation to Rift for me yet. (I liked Rift very much; it's the mmo I think about going back to more than any other).

I like the little pockets of things I come across when I explore. The main storyline is just ok, not particularly compelling, but the little stories are neat.

As far as GOTY goes, for those who don't like it enough for that - I'm interested, which mmo would you say was GOTY?
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: January 07, 2013, 06:43:11 AM

It was PC game of the year, not MMO right? Of what I played, I'd go with Walking Dead even though there's no real game or innovation, there was excellence in writing and acting.

To me GW2 has so many great ideas, but they just never come together into something that's compelling. To me, the single player storyline isn't something I care about (The Walking Dead) nor is there huge diversity of things to do single player (Skyrim) and the multiplayer elements that I want from an MMO aren't really there (even Diablo 3 felt more social, certainly TSW did).

I'm not mad about it though. It was a disappointment. Most of life is.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: January 07, 2013, 07:01:49 AM

Different people have different views on GOTY eligibility.

News at 11
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #39 on: January 07, 2013, 12:19:51 PM

It was PC game of the year, not MMO right?

Yeah this is the objection. There weren't many MMOs in 2012 so it winning MMO of the Year certainly wouldn't raise any eyebrows, but PC Game of the Year?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: January 07, 2013, 08:36:08 PM

I would never have even noticed if it wasn't being discussed... I mean who cares what gamespot thinks? It looks like they don't have any categories so it's pretty pointless. MMO, action and story categories would make the judgement a bit more meaningful.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: PC Game of the year - Gamespot  
Jump to: