Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:09:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 12/13 NCAA Basketball 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 12/13 NCAA Basketball  (Read 18868 times)
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #35 on: March 24, 2013, 08:30:54 PM

Yep they did.

And this Duke game is a fucking disaster. It's 43-32 with less than 10m to go. Holy shit, people can't shoot at all. Duke is shooting 35%, Creighton is shooting a mindboggling 28% from the field. Creighton was literally #1 in shooting in the NCAA this year. I'm stunned.

Go figure that when Duke can't buy a bucket, the other team can't throw it in the ocean.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #36 on: March 28, 2013, 05:03:50 PM

Ugh. 29-16 at the half in the Marquette and Miami game.

It's the sweet 16, and a team is scoring in the fucking teens at a half.  Facepalm

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #37 on: March 28, 2013, 07:09:11 PM

ggwp

Fuck those guys.

-Rasix
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #38 on: March 28, 2013, 07:43:17 PM

ggwp

Fuck those guys.

I'm still amazed they can shoot 50% from 3 in 2 consecutive games. Arizona played well, but they just couldn't defend in the second half at all.

Also, now OSU gets to play Witchita or La Salle? Why not just put the Buckeyes on the plane to Atlanta now? I didn't realize how ridiculous that division was coming down the stretch.

Wow and now Indiana is getting run early, Miami is out. There's a very real chance Kansas can lose to Michigan tomorrow, and Duke to Michigan State. If Louisville trips over themselves, we could be looking at a final four with no one seeds at all, and maybe not even a couple of 2s.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: March 28, 2013, 08:06:39 PM

I honestly believe that the winner of the Duke v Michigan State game will be the tourney winner.

Feel free to laugh at me when I'm wrong.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #40 on: March 28, 2013, 08:23:39 PM

If I was guessing, I'd say the teams that have looked the best to this point were Michigan State, Michigan, and Louisville. I wouldn't be shocked to see any of those if not two of them in the four. The team that would shock me the most of the 1-4 seeds left would be Marquette.

EDIT: Indiana is on the ropes.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 08:41:03 PM by Paelos »

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #41 on: March 30, 2013, 03:27:21 PM

No real shock that Marquette is getting dismantled by Syracuse. They were in way over their head for a couple of games now, barely escaping against inferior talent.

Ohio State should have no problem with Wichita is they control the rebound battle. They have size on that team. Then, they get to pick their poison against Louisville or Duke in the Final Four.

The matches tomorrow should be the best, and most competitive. Duke and Louisville should be really good, and Florida v. Michigan should be high flying.

Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #42 on: March 30, 2013, 06:56:19 PM

eh.  I didn't really see Ohio State going out like that.  Bad calls aside, you can't win a game if you don't make the shots.  Ah well.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #43 on: March 30, 2013, 09:18:00 PM

eh.  I didn't really see Ohio State going out like that.  Bad calls aside, you can't win a game if you don't make the shots.  Ah well.

I don't think many expected Ohio State to lose to Wichita.

The fact they were winning with 50% shooting or more from 3 finally caught up with them. Eventually you go cold from 3, and you have to do something else. Ohio State didn't start doing it until about 10m left in the game, and they almost came back.

That being said, they got beat on the offensive boards, they got beat on blocks, steals, threes, and their best player went 2-12 from the floor. It's pretty impossible to overcome that.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: March 31, 2013, 07:45:19 AM

Ohio State beat themselves.  They went into the game believing that they would easily roll over Wichita.  The first half showed a lack of preparation, lack of mental focus, and overconfidence.  When they got it together, all Wichita had to do was make a few plays and the game would be over. 

It was a dreadful game to watch. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #45 on: March 31, 2013, 11:29:31 AM

That's almost mind boggling to me though. They won their last two games by last second shots. They weren't steam rolling anybody just by rolling the ball out on the court. You have to blame the players for that as much as the coach not impressing upon them to play through the media hype.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #46 on: March 31, 2013, 02:44:51 PM

Dear god. The Ware injury. I'm in tears. So horrible. I can't even describe it.

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: March 31, 2013, 02:46:04 PM

I walked away for a minute and came back to this, did he destroy his knee or something?  I've never seen this kind of reaction out side of serious looking neck injuries, but he seemed to be conscious and moving around, so I didn't think it was anything like that.  What happened?

EDIT: I'm hearing now compound fracture?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 02:50:33 PM by Malakili »
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #48 on: March 31, 2013, 02:51:21 PM

If you saw the Tyrone Prothro injury, that's remotely the only thing I can compare to it.

It was horrible.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: March 31, 2013, 03:52:51 PM

Watch a kung fu movie, wait for the part where the hero grabs someones arm and literally snaps it in half over his shoulder and there is a hue piece of bone sticking out.  It was EXACTLY like that, that was bar none the most disturbing thing i've ever seen happen live.

I am the .00000001428%
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: March 31, 2013, 04:17:02 PM

This is a very different Louisville team from the one Duke beat early in the season.  Duke has no answer for their speed.  I was very wrong about Duke winning this one. 

-  Mark Twain
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #51 on: March 31, 2013, 05:56:19 PM

Wichita and Syracuse have their work cut out for them. Louisville might have destiny on their side. I think Syracuse could stifle Michigan's quick offense and go to the finals.

There's a chance we could get a Big East finals rematch in the tournament. The media would lose their minds, especially since it would draw the NY market.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #52 on: April 02, 2013, 01:35:50 AM

First Final Four in women's basketball in school history.  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

UConn is gonna be rough though.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #53 on: April 02, 2013, 06:20:08 AM

I think UGA is in there too!

Oh no wait, Cal beat them. Back to not caring.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #54 on: April 05, 2013, 10:57:30 AM

Good god, Kentucky has a fuckload of badasses coming in next year.   awesome, for real
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: April 05, 2013, 11:22:37 AM

Good god, Kentucky has a fuckload of badasses coming in next year.   awesome, for real

That means they have a year or two tops to make good of it.   why so serious? 

-  Mark Twain
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #56 on: April 05, 2013, 11:27:36 AM

That means they have a year or two tops to make good of it.   why so serious?  

Fixed.   Ohhhhh, I see.

Oh, and glad to see your team fire Tubby Smith to hire Ricky P's kid.  What a fucked up scenario, right?  I think he's going to suck.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: April 05, 2013, 11:39:36 AM

I was just happy to see a team other than hockey do well.  The Tubby Smith thing made no sense to me.  Maybe someone can explain why they let him go. 

-  Mark Twain
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #58 on: April 05, 2013, 11:54:20 AM

Everybody says that Tubby is an awesome guy and he's just absolutely super, etc., but I'm not all sure about that.  I know that one of the primary reasons that he left UK wasn't because he was "forced out", but that he insisted on being able to hire Saul as an assistant.  Sure, that may have been a convenient way for UK to get rid of him, but not even Adolph Rupp could hire his kid.  The nepotism rules there are pretty stout.  Plus I've had a few acquaintances that have had run ins with him that weren't exactly pleasant.  He's no Mike Rice or Bobby Knight though, so maybe it's par for the course.  By contrast, some folks I knew managed Pitinos restaurant in Lexington and he was a lot more approachable (oddly enough).  Well, maybe that was just if you knew the right people.

In summary, people are dicks..   Ohhhhh, I see.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #59 on: April 08, 2013, 08:45:06 PM

If those were the best they can do for refs I see no reason to ever watch NCAA basketball again. What a wild game with great stories but there were just too many questionable and outright blown calls to enjoy it.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #60 on: April 08, 2013, 08:54:40 PM

If those were the best they can do for refs I see no reason to ever watch NCAA basketball again. What a wild game with great stories but there were just too many questionable and outright blown calls to enjoy it.

If that's all you took away from that game, you should stop watching. That's one of the best finals in years. Probably since the Kansas v. Memphis OT game when Coach Cal was at Memphis.

EDIT: Oh and expect to hear Michigan fans whine about fouls. Never mind the fact that the refs gave Louisville 22 fouls to Michigan's 15, and all the shots that came with that.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 09:14:26 PM by Paelos »

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: April 09, 2013, 07:47:58 AM

That's one of the best finals in years.

This.  Was an excellent final and the better team won.  You could see the momentum change in the second half.  The refs had little impact on the outcome.

-  Mark Twain
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #62 on: April 09, 2013, 09:19:15 AM

I couldn't help thinking that I was watching Teen Wolf with little Spike Albrecht getting busy in the first half.  Then his amphetamines wore off......
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 12/13 NCAA Basketball  
Jump to: