Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 04:32:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Initial Thoughts on Pandaria 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Initial Thoughts on Pandaria  (Read 115203 times)
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #385 on: November 22, 2012, 12:18:37 PM

Is this worth getting for a few months of casual playing?

I have been totally overwhelmed by work lately and havent really been following it.
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #386 on: November 22, 2012, 02:45:42 PM

I have been totally overwhelmed by work lately and havent really been following it.

The 85-90 leveling experience is pretty darn good.  Dungeons are crisp and other than a few minor incoveniences (Wise Mari in Jade Serpent, I'm looking at you), 90 is fun too.

If you've read this thread, you've seen the qualms with dailies.  All I can say there is YMMV.

LFR experiences are pretty good right now, too.  Most folks are over the learning learning curves in MV and HoF.

Plus, I think Friday has MoP for $20. 

So, my vote is yes, worth the price of admission for at least 30 days.

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #387 on: November 23, 2012, 02:16:20 AM

The 85-90 leveling experience is pretty darn good.  Dungeons are crisp and other than a few minor incoveniences (Wise Mari in Jade Serpent, I'm looking at you), 90 is fun too.

Seriously ?

My view :  The leveling experience is a long and shitty non stop conveyor belt of 'kill some things' quests with fucking annoying phasing.  The dungeons are shit and there's only 2 of them.  Well, there's 4, but once you've leveled the first two, you'll only get the next 2.  Experience in dungeons is also very shite, so you're really just going there once for the items.

Pet battles, gardening and, if you have a daughter, raising your pet dragon.  That's it.

And fucking forget alts.  You'll be bored RIGID.

Avoid.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #388 on: November 23, 2012, 02:48:47 AM

I'm gonna echo Ironwood on this one. This is the xpac of the grind. The xp required for the levels is just way too fucking much. Maybe if there was more than 4 dungeons to hit up it would be better, but hey.

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #389 on: November 23, 2012, 09:19:35 AM

Seriously ?
My view :  The leveling experience is a long and shitty non stop conveyor belt of 'kill some things' quests with fucking annoying phasing. 

I rather liked the storyline and don't mind a little grind.  Believe it or not, some people actually like that.  :)

But then again, I don't know what game would appeal to most of f13.  I'm pretty sure Kate Upton or Justin Timberlake screwing you while you enjoy your flavor of Trammel/Morrowind/Dark Sould/pre-NGE/(insert favorite game here) would still get negative reviews.

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #390 on: November 23, 2012, 09:42:30 AM

She didn't work the balls. Would not fuck again.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #391 on: November 23, 2012, 10:30:20 AM

Seriously ?

My view :  The leveling experience is a long and shitty non stop conveyor belt of 'kill some things' quests with fucking annoying phasing.  The dungeons are shit and there's only 2 of them.  Well, there's 4, but once you've leveled the first two, you'll only get the next 2.  Experience in dungeons is also very shite, so you're really just going there once for the items.

Pet battles, gardening and, if you have a daughter, raising your pet dragon.  That's it.

And fucking forget alts.  You'll be bored RIGID.

Avoid.
Counterpoint: It's the best expansion they've every released, some people just want something that's not WoW. It's the least linear expansion they've released since TBC (I skipped an entire zone and a whole bunch of quest hubs while working with no rested XP) and not one of the daily quest hubs is actually needed - finishing Dread Wastes gives you a set of gear good enough for heroics, and heroics plus Sha of Anger is enough for LFR. Speaking of heroics, they're tuned more like WotLK than Cata (or TBC).

Oh, and the quests are (mostly) local affairs rather than the "Do this or THE WORLD IS DOOMED!!!" of Cata and WotLK. It's nice to do things like help a pair of lovers elope against the wishes of their family, spend time training with not-Shaolin monks and help farmers save their crops from stupid, turnip-hating rabbit-things without having the WEIGHT OF THE WORLD ON YOUR SHOULDERS. In my opinion, anyway. I mean, hell, once you get past the first zone there's exactly one pair of opposed Alliance/Horde quest hubs in the entire continent; the rest of the time is you wandering the earth and making beer doing good so even the "War(craft) never changes" bit is toned way down.

...until 5.1 anyway. Fuck Garrosh.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #392 on: November 23, 2012, 11:05:39 AM

I like the questing this time around. Some of the storylines in Cata were fun IMO (Vashir) and I wasn't annoyed like 99% of people apparently were at Uldum, but it all felt kinda janky in that the quest requirements weren't given much thought. Like, I was fighting for spawns with people in Vashir and Uldum despite only sharing the areas with like 2-3 people tops because they were dumb and required way too many kills/drops to finish. Despite the zoning tech lumping me in with like at least 2+ dozen people in each area, Pandaria I haven't had those "I wish I could kill people of my own faction" moments I did in Cata.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #393 on: November 23, 2012, 06:30:26 PM

I like the leveling fine. The dungeons aren't great because the rewards are so fucked up in comparison to points and the points system involves dailies. I'd say give it a month, see what you think.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Initial Thoughts on Pandaria  
Jump to: