Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:33:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: So Season 2 ending 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So Season 2 ending  (Read 107909 times)
MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

on: September 05, 2012, 06:25:50 AM

Anyone looking forward to the big tourney come October. I'm rooting for Moscow 5 personally because there the only team that doesn't make competitive league of legends look dreadfully boring.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 10:52:42 AM

The Korean teams are pretty fun to watch as well.  There's a lot of different lvl 1 action and heavy pushing/pressure strategy.

NA Regionals went like I thought.  No NA team is as solid as TSM, but they seem to fall apart when playing heavy aggression teams (like m5).  Dignitas and CLG.NA are unlikely to be factors and the big money team (lol mansion), Curse, didn't even qualify.  However, I don't see TSM strategically or mechanically having the chops to take season 2.  Reggie mechanically is a 2k ELO player, and they don't seem to innovate just react to whatever the current meta is.  The other NA teams are so weak, they don't get pushed as much here.

I like CLG.EU mostly due to personalities on the team and Froggen is a beast. They do play a bit of a boring style.  I just don't care for the team comps you see on m5 and they do get a bit trolly. No doubting though that they possibly have the best jungler, support and mid.  Darien and Genja aren't slouches either.  Just a very strong team in all facets.

I imagine the finals will be M5 v. a grab bag of (TSM, CLG.EU or a Korean team).  M5 with a likely easy finals victory.

-Rasix
MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 03:21:13 PM

Anyway I can watch the Korean teams after the fact?
Rasix

Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 04:20:52 PM

Korean finals are Sept 21.  I don't know if you can find any VODs of the OGN (Korean) LoL league.  Both CLG teams participated in their last league "season", and CLG.EU is in the finals v. the Azubu Frost team.  The Azubu Blaze team kicked the shit out of TSM in some IPL sponsored LAN thing recently.  Their AD carry (Cpt Jack) is just ridiculous.

You might be able to find some VODs on Twitch or own3d.  I know the stuff from OGN is typically behind a subscription fee.  The stuff they put out for free is pretty low quality to the point of almost being unwatchable.

-Rasix
MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: September 09, 2012, 02:45:29 PM

Southeast asia finals came and went. The Viet Jokers schooled the Sentinels who were running double mid, but badly. Is it me or is support nunu kinda bleh, i mean i know the higher elo's love him because he is a ward machine, but in that push comp it would have been faaaar more efficient to just have an aggressive support with cait or at least an ap nunu (which i never see...).
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: September 09, 2012, 03:31:31 PM

Southeast asia finals came and went. The Viet Jokers schooled the Sentinels who were running double mid, but badly. Is it me or is support nunu kinda bleh, i mean i know the higher elo's love him because he is a ward machine, but in that push comp it would have been faaaar more efficient to just have an aggressive support with cait or at least an ap nunu (which i never see...).

It depends on who he is going against. Soraka, Janna, or someone who can't ignore him? Really really strong.

Sona plus a long ranged auto attacker or other high harass champion? Really weak.

Nunu w and e are super super strong in a support role, w buffs his allies attack speed, and e deubffs his enemies
MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 06:43:16 AM

It depends on who he is going against. Soraka, Janna, or someone who can't ignore him? Really really strong.

Sona plus a long ranged auto attacker or other high harass champion? Really weak.

Nunu w and e are super super strong in a support role, w buffs his allies attack speed, and e deubffs his enemies

I don't see meta support nunu outclassing soraka in the support role in lane. Janna and taric yes, but that's about the short list of champs meta support nunu is effectively better than in lane. I would argue he does fuck all beyond his W, simple because by the mid game even his E is only effective when you have that perfect set piece engagement. Beyond that, like against the Viet jokers, your stuck with one note champion that can't initiate, can't tank, can't threaten, can't do anything once the team fight dips a little south. Very little flexibility or margin of error, and if your not dominating? Not much you can do because its basically 4v5
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: September 10, 2012, 07:09:13 AM

I think you are vastly underestimating the strength of his w, e, and r. He certainly does not have the power that Janna has in a team fight with all of her CC, but his w allows carries to bypass Phantom Dancer right to Last Whisper and lategame carry status. His e is only surpassed by malphites e and Nasus's w as an anti-carry debuff. But his E also serves as peel against many champions whereas malphites does not, and you can't get Nasus through the laning phase in a competitive game. His e and w also prevent enemies from escaping which is something no other support has nearly to the same extent.

Nunu ruins soraka in lane. Soraka is all about sustain, and loses lanes to combinations which can simply fight your armor buffed champion straight up. If they can't fight your armor buffed champion then they lose the lane and you bully them. But nunu+x where x is almost any other champion can fight your armor buffed champion straight up. [If Roka chooses a strong fighter like Ezreal or Graves then you can pick someone long range like Ashe or Cait and kite them all game until they dash in separating themselves from roka, if Roka chooses someone with a long range then you pick a fighter and just go in on them, if you already have graves/nunu and they have ezreal/roka just wait until the lategame where you have a proper ADC and they do not]

Press e and w when you're level 2, beat Soraka in lane. In team fights there is no question that nunu is stronger, even if you don't get as much use as you can out of your e and r. [unless you absolutely have to have roka's silence to counter a channeled ult]
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #8 on: September 10, 2012, 07:40:40 AM

I don't know much about the competitive scene, but Nunu support is pretty strong. He may not get a lot of kills himself, but I can manage assists in the teens and 20's with him and I'm not that good. His E to initiate and W to buff the ADC with him can just destroy people if the ADC is worth a shit.

Rasix

Reply #9 on: September 21, 2012, 10:24:31 AM

Looks like only Riot casters (Phreak, Rivington, Jatt, Jaws (THIS GUY SUCKS)) and Deman for the S2 finals.  Big omission here is Joe Miller and/or any of the European commentators (don't mention Zenon, he's terrible).  This is somewhat of a bummer, because while Phreak and Jatt are really good from the analyst side of things, their play by play guys outside of Deman suck ass. 

Azubu Frost lost the drawing for a #1 seed and will have to go through the playoffs. 

-Rasix
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: September 21, 2012, 10:55:02 PM

What? I actually really like Zenon. He's one of the few official Riot casters who will say, 'yeah x ability, or y champion is OP'.

And yeah, no Joe Miller sucks dick. He's a long sight better than Phreak or (ugh) Rivington.

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Rasix

Reply #11 on: September 22, 2012, 12:24:43 AM

Well, Zenon's game/meta/item knowledge is usually pretty awful.  He's admitted as much at reddit and doesn't consider himself good enough at the moment.  He is about the nicest person on the scene and does come across as pretty genuine.  

I think Joe works well with a good analyst.  The guy he's been casting with lately is just OK.  He seems pretty butthurt over this whole thing.  

Hopefully we'll get Deman/Jatt for the finals, but I have a horrible feeling in my lower intestines that it'll be Rivington and Phreak.  Phreak would be better if he wasn't such a dork. Rivington should not be a caster.  Guy is awful and misses the action like an NFL replacement ref.

Could be worse, HatPerson and redbaron could be involved.  awesome, for real  But, it would be nice if they did like DOTA2's TI2 and had a big community caster involvement, but that won't happen.  I don't think they want casters that are aligned with certain team/organizations involved and that would immediately rule out a lot of them.

edit: Wombat is fun too.  Just because he sounds like Cave Johnson.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 12:34:19 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: September 22, 2012, 01:42:25 PM

Want to hear something really weird? I actually like Hatperson  swamp poop. It started because the whole community seemed to loathe him, and I sort of pitied him, but then he grew on me. I recognize that he's not that good of a caster, but there is something in the way that he does it that reminds me of listening to baseball games on the radio as a kid. Personally, I would like to see Dan Dihn or Elementz help casting the final, but am already resigned to the fact that it will be fucking Rivington and Phreak.

Speaking of, any predictions for the tournament? I'm thinking M5 takes it, but that may just be me projecting. I will say I know very little of the Asian teams except their general style. I think I may /uninstall League if TSM wins it.

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #13 on: September 30, 2012, 07:16:05 PM

I've been watching the tsm weeklies (TSM half asses it when not in real tournies apparently)  I've only been watching streams a bit but I really like Digiwombat.  He just goes wherever his warped little mind takes him.

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Rasix

Reply #14 on: October 04, 2012, 07:23:21 AM

Yah, I watched some VODs of the mme ferus v. TSM from last weekend.  Wombat was hilarious.  Guy's sharp.

And... starts today: info.

-Rasix
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: October 04, 2012, 09:55:52 AM

Delays are finally over, in case anyone was wondering. Now to wait for the announcers to get through their preliminary spiel so the games can actually start.
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: October 04, 2012, 09:57:54 AM

That endless dubsteb loop was really fucking annoying. Oh wait, it's Phreak and Rivington talking about nothing? Bring back the dubstep  awesome, for real

Rasix

Reply #17 on: October 04, 2012, 09:59:05 AM

Trying to find a steam that isn't lagged to fuck.  

edit: lag seems to have sorted itself out.

This iG v. Frost is ridiculously good so far.

HOLY SHIT. That was fun.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 10:57:04 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: October 04, 2012, 10:57:09 AM

No shit. I was holding my breath every team fight right up til the end.
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: October 04, 2012, 10:57:27 AM

Epic first game. IG was doing so well, but the second their Leona got caught and they were put in a bad position around dragon, it was over.

Edit: Yup, can't take Phreak and Rivington. They cast they game like the people watching have just found League of Legends for the first time in their life.

Rasix

Reply #20 on: October 04, 2012, 10:58:02 AM

Goose bumps.  So much tension.  

I don't think you'll see a better game the rest of the tournament.  iG was really surprising, but Frost is just so technically sound.

Epic first game. IG was doing so well, but the second their Leona got caught and they were put in a bad position around dragon, it was over.

Edit: Yup, can't take Phreak and Rivington. They cast they game like the people watching have just found League of Legends for the first time in their life.

Yah, there was some really bad calls/positioning from Leona.  The early team fights were characterized by poor positioning from Ezreal and some great Jarvan dunks.  Dunking Alistair, however, was a mistake.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 11:00:36 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: October 04, 2012, 11:03:38 AM

I'm jealous of Asian LoL, it's so much more fun than ours. I wouldn't put it past an EU team to pull out something really fun and crazy, though.
Rasix

Reply #22 on: October 04, 2012, 11:06:36 AM

I think m5 can hang with that style.  Someone like clg.eu has to simply stall.  It's not in their DNA.  I'm hoping against it, but I think they might be a surprise early exit.

SK is crap and should get posterized.   But who knows, they played pretty well in the EU regionals.

-Rasix
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: October 04, 2012, 11:39:30 AM

Ya SK is total fucking shite. Maybe it's a personal bias, but I don't see how the NA teams are going to adapt to the play I have seen from IG and Azubu so far. Can't wait to see what the fuck M5 does  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

Also: you guys think there is any chance we will see an AD carry other than Graves, Corki, or fucking Ezrael?

Rasix

Reply #24 on: October 04, 2012, 11:54:42 AM

CLG.na is bad. I don't see how they get out of this group.  Hotshot is a subpar jungler. 

-Rasix
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: October 04, 2012, 11:55:21 AM

Somebody's banned Sivir once already. I could see her or even MF being a wtf pick against a team who can't adapt in a push comp.
Rasix

Reply #26 on: October 04, 2012, 11:59:17 AM

I think you might see anyone except possibly Varrus.  Cait has a low prob in a poke comp.   Not sure how comfortable any of these AD are with Draven, but he's pretty nasty in the right hands.  And I do expect to see Sivir in some comps.

I haven't seen many tournaments leading up to this, has Ashe totally fallen out of favor?

-Rasix
Rasix

Reply #27 on: October 04, 2012, 12:54:35 PM

Never chase Singed.

Ya SK is total fucking shite. Maybe it's a personal bias, but I don't see how the NA teams are going to adapt to the play I have seen from IG and Azubu so far. Can't wait to see what the fuck M5 does  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

Also: you guys think there is any chance we will see an AD carry other than Graves, Corki, or fucking Ezrael?

That didn't even look competitive. Bottom lane didn't factor in at all.

And, hey, there's Caitlyn! 
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 01:07:16 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: October 04, 2012, 01:12:51 PM

Kinda why I like mmeferus with aphromoo and his draven.  Of course I just like seeing different shit.  the aram during the regionals was hilarious.

Edit: My god these announcer twats are horrible.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 01:20:01 PM by Bzalthek »

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: October 04, 2012, 02:07:19 PM

Hahaha, that was something. Hey, Graves is hitting our towers. Oh well, we'll catch him on the rebound.

Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: October 04, 2012, 02:08:00 PM

Hah, that was awesome.  CLG did good.

Oh Fuck, Azubu Frost is on the ball!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 02:39:19 PM by Bzalthek »

Rasix

Reply #31 on: October 04, 2012, 02:54:13 PM

That was brutal.  I'd hate to have to count on SK beating someone.

-Rasix
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: October 04, 2012, 02:58:31 PM

Heh
Announcer: CLG's only hope is that SK can win their final match against 4 kindergarteners with Down's syndrom and a howler monkey.
CLG: We are so fucked.

Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: October 04, 2012, 03:03:33 PM

It's like there is two tiers of teams in this thing so far. The Asian teams are just Roflstomping their opponents. But hey, this is only the first bracket and the best NA and European teams won't play until tomorrow. From what I've heard of the Koran scene, Naijan Sword (sic) is one of the better teams their, so looking forward to seeing what they pull off.

Rasix

Reply #34 on: October 04, 2012, 03:08:15 PM

Yah, I want to see Maknoon play.  He's just a beast.

Out of clg.eu, dignitas, or saigon jokers, it'll likely be clg.eu or dignitas.  Dignitas and clg.eu do have a reputation for under performing and not much is really know about saigon jokers, except that it's somewhat of a shock that they even qualified.  But, Asian LoL is stomping a the moment.  undecided

-Rasix
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: So Season 2 ending  
Jump to: