Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 10:49:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: PS Vita Apps and Games 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PS Vita Apps and Games  (Read 1039 times)
SurfD
Terracotta Army

on: August 24, 2012, 05:27:39 AM

So, I just became the proud new owner of a PS Vita as a gift, and was wondering if anyone had any good Games or Apps to reccomend for it.

Are there any good "free" games available to putter around with, or am I going to have to buy something from the PS Store if I want to get any serious play out of it?

Also, are there any must have Apps 3rd party apps for it, or am I stuck with the default stuff from sony for now?

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 06:39:17 AM

I can recommend Hot Shots Golf and Lumines - both of which are competent sequels to good titles - as well as SoundShapes (though the latter is available on PS3 and is better on that platform, IMO).  I've heard good things about Gravity Rush, but don't really have any interest in it.

Much like the PSP before it, my Vita is pretty much 'the Lumines machine' - there simply isn't that much out there for it, and the non-game applications available on PSN are very few and far between.

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 09:49:59 AM

Disgaea 3 is a superior-port of the PS3 version, if you're into SRPGs. As MisterNoisy said, Lumines is excellent if you like Tetris-style games; I played the hell out of it on PSP to the point of maxing out the high score.

Other than that, I'm just waiting for Persona 4 Golden which still has no street date but is looking like October.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Tairnyn
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 09:03:09 PM

Lumines and Hot Shots Golf are my current titles, as well. I never had a PSP so I also grabbed Valkyria Chronicles 2 and Final Fantasy Tactics from the store.
jth
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 05:42:15 AM

Motorstorm RC is a fun distraction in short sessions, plus you get the PS3 version bundled. I'm still pissed at them though for not making a new regular Motorstorm game, but I digress.

Uncharted: Golden Abyss is a decent, but somewhat dumbed down "Uncharted Lite". Not worth the current price though, better wait for bargain bins.

Other than that, I'm just waiting for Persona 4 Golden which still has no street date but is looking like October.

This too, I just preordered the Solid Gold Premium Edition (US) yesterday.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 12:37:47 PM

Same here, I'm psyched.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: PS Vita Apps and Games  
Jump to: