Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:32:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: [TF2] Man(n) vs Machine? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [TF2] Man(n) vs Machine?  (Read 24828 times)
Simond
Terracotta Army

on: August 12, 2012, 03:28:10 AM

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
pxib
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 09:13:57 AM

if at last you do succeed, never try again
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 03:13:20 PM

Oh dear god I do hope that they introduce a third team.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 12:49:38 AM

I'm sorry. What in the ever living fuck did I just read?
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 05:14:11 AM

My favorite line:

"I invented a new form of algebra to pass the time.  We were a late birth, you know."

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 12:41:37 PM

I'm sorry. What in the ever living fuck did I just read?
+1

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: August 13, 2012, 01:29:16 PM

The explanation for the addition of bots.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #7 on: August 13, 2012, 01:36:35 PM

Yeah bots seems much more likely than a 3rd side.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
schild
Administrator

Reply #8 on: August 13, 2012, 01:39:00 PM

Well, of course they're bots. And possibly unlockable skins. But like, ...

"Redmond, I propose a truce. So that we can build a machine to make one of us pregnant."
"Mm. Of course."

That's not even within the realm of sane. It's like almost funny, but too weird to be funny. The whole thing is just over the top in a not good way.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #9 on: August 13, 2012, 01:43:39 PM

It's like almost funny, but too weird to be funny.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: August 13, 2012, 01:44:54 PM

That's not even within the realm of sane. It's like almost funny, but too weird to be funny. The whole thing is just over the top in a not good way.

Maybe an 'idiotic crime against nature'? (that line did make me laugh I must admit)

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
schild
Administrator

Reply #11 on: August 13, 2012, 02:48:29 PM

It's like almost funny, but too weird to be funny.

I am 100% sure that's exactly how the writer wrote that comic. Except he was wearing about 6 hats all stacked neatly on top of eachother with the one on top being a Ghostly Gibus.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: August 13, 2012, 02:49:56 PM

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.   Ohhhhh, I see.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
schild
Administrator

Reply #13 on: August 13, 2012, 02:52:04 PM

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.   Ohhhhh, I see.
I am aware of the desired intent of his picture.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #14 on: August 13, 2012, 05:47:54 PM

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #15 on: August 13, 2012, 05:51:46 PM

TF2 meets L4D, except with robots?  Awesome.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #16 on: August 13, 2012, 07:00:05 PM

Yeah, that actually looks really awesome, and a much better idea than a "third team".  Can't wait!

Also, that comic was funny, Schild sucks, yadda yadda.

Second comic explaining things a little bit more as well.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 07:10:34 PM by Teleku »

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: August 13, 2012, 07:13:35 PM

I dunno, I'm with schild here. Absurd quirky seems to be a shortcut for people trying to be funny who actually aren't. Seems to be in nerd fashion though.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: August 13, 2012, 07:14:09 PM

Really, a horde mode? I'm a valve fan boy, but what they've done with the TF franchise is basically criminal at this point.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #19 on: August 13, 2012, 07:19:16 PM

Yeah, that actually looks really awesome, and a much better idea than a "third team".  Can't wait!

Also, that comic was funny, Schild sucks, yadda yadda.

Second comic explaining things a little bit more as well.

The third panel of that comic should just be posted in the TSW Investors thread.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #20 on: August 13, 2012, 07:37:09 PM

Absurd quirky seems to be a shortcut for people trying to be funny who actually aren't. Seems to be in nerd fashion though.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: August 13, 2012, 07:49:50 PM

I didn't say it was exclusive.
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: August 13, 2012, 09:00:23 PM

Were they actually going for funny?  That was more like a self proclamation of insanity.
schild
Administrator

Reply #23 on: August 13, 2012, 09:05:03 PM

Absurd quirky seems to be a shortcut for people trying to be funny who actually aren't. Seems to be in nerd fashion though.

Monty Python was actually funny and they took no shortcuts.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #24 on: August 13, 2012, 09:13:50 PM

Fuck me, I love that episode so much.

(It's Fawlty Towers, not Flying Circus. <3)

God Save the Horn Players
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: August 14, 2012, 02:38:44 AM

In a universe where nine individuals battle palette-swapped clones of each other over gravel with gratuitous cartoon violence and the leading technological development is done by a muscular pastiche of Crocodile Dundee with chest-hair the shape of Australia by a company whose motto is "We sell products and get in fights", showing that a pair of individuals are insane, senile and stupid by the standards of that universe means going to even further extremes of lunacy.

Now if TF2 was one of those tedious "War is hell" cover-shooters with the puerile teenaged obsession over being 'serious'  and 'having a message' then people might have a point. But it's crazy people killing other crazy people in crazy ways on the orders of crazy people, and now fighting robots (that look like they could have marched out of a Warner Bros cartoon) to defend a third crazy person from a fourth.

So... why so serious?

Really, a horde mode? I'm a valve fan boy, but what they've done with the TF franchise is basically criminal at this point.
Pray elaborate.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 02:40:24 AM by Simond »

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: August 14, 2012, 04:55:12 AM

You mean make it relevant?  TF was a funsies mod back in the day and nowadays it stands right next to CS, if not above it.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: August 14, 2012, 04:58:20 AM

In a universe where nine individuals battle palette-swapped clones of each other over gravel with gratuitous cartoon violence and the leading technological development is done by a muscular pastiche of Crocodile Dundee with chest-hair the shape of Australia by a company whose motto is "We sell products and get in fights", showing that a pair of individuals are insane, senile and stupid by the standards of that universe means going to even further extremes of lunacy.

Now if TF2 was one of those tedious "War is hell" cover-shooters with the puerile teenaged obsession over being 'serious'  and 'having a message' then people might have a point. But it's crazy people killing other crazy people in crazy ways on the orders of crazy people, and now fighting robots (that look like they could have marched out of a Warner Bros cartoon) to defend a third crazy person from a fourth.

So... why so serious?

Just because something is already swamp poop doesn't mean more swamp poop is any less swamp poop.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: August 14, 2012, 06:25:20 AM

TF2's odd sense of humor is pretty much entirely within that genre's range. It's the whole Adventure/Real Man stuff that Portal and Venture Brothers uses. If you find those funny, it's the same sense of humor. I'm not really seeing where the derp is coming from.

As for horde mode: Neat. It's pretty much the new standard mode in shooters, so I'm all for seeing it added to one of the longer running shooters.
schild
Administrator

Reply #29 on: August 14, 2012, 06:36:26 AM

Fuck me, I love that episode so much.

(It's Fawlty Towers, not Flying Circus. <3)
My point still stands.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: August 14, 2012, 06:52:06 AM

I must admit I started a reinstall of TF2 before I left for work this morning.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: August 14, 2012, 07:00:56 AM

I really enjoyed PvE in global agenda. This may get some of my friends to play, and I'm sure that was the point of this addition.

They talk about some kind of progress system, is this the same one as in the main game? do they carry over from PvE to PvP?

Lots of questions.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: August 14, 2012, 07:26:43 AM

You mean make it relevant?  TF was a funsies mod back in the day and nowadays it stands right next to CS, if not above it.

I've said this elsewhere, but the addition of dozens of new weapons has really made the game worse not better.  When TF2 came out it was (aside from crits) a really well balanced, pretty well refined shooter.   The addition of all these weapons has, from a pure shooter standpoint, made it worse in my opinion.  It has certainly become more popular because pubbing is just pure shenanigans at this point, but more popular doesn't mean it is a better game.   It seems like adding a horde mode (PvE content) is basically just a final kick in the pants to people like me.   Yes, I'm in the minority, I realize this.
schild
Administrator

Reply #33 on: August 14, 2012, 07:37:17 AM

Naw, I quit playing shortly after weapons got weird also. The first batch of alternatives was fine, but after that. Meh.
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: August 14, 2012, 07:43:06 AM

Fair enough.  I just take TF2 as a wacky shooter with loosely-based team objectives.

Not that anyone actually did them before the weapons changes.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: [TF2] Man(n) vs Machine?  
Jump to: