Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:11:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Mayberry's finest passes away 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mayberry's finest passes away  (Read 9188 times)
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #35 on: July 06, 2012, 09:37:44 PM

Best explanation of Romeo and Juliet.

Huh?

For shame.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eR7cNratdek

Also Hamlet, but I'm not finding a quick YouTube hit on that.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #36 on: July 09, 2012, 04:43:31 AM

Man, you guys are making me feel old. Pretty sure I've seen nearly every episode of almost all of those shows listed. In the 70s and early 80s as a kid, you had under 20 channels. Outside prime time, your only options other than Soap Operas and Little House on the Prairie were generally reruns of all the classic comedies. I Love Lucy, Dick van Dyke, Leave it to Beaver, Andy Griffith - those were all morning shows. Then later in the morning you'd get Mary Tyler Moore, Bob Newhart, All in the Family, I dream of Jeanie, etc. Later 80's we started hitting the flood of the newer breed of sitcom reruns like Gilligan's Island, Brady Bunch. There was a stretch in the late 80s I can remember where the only thing you could seem to watch after school was Gilligan's Island or M.A.S.H. (a good thing).

And please note - none of these were sketch comedies. All sitcoms. Some were done by people with backgrounds in sketch or stand up, and the shows kind of played like sketch comedy - especially I Love Lucy - but they were sitcoms.

Sketch comedy of that era was the Carol Burnette Show.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: July 09, 2012, 04:59:09 AM

Its more local differences than age.

I grew up with 2 channels, television from outside your own country was unheard then (we didn't even have German television until cable came).

Austrian TV bought series from a few years ago, not old classics. Things like I dream of Jeannie, Mash, Petrocelli and Lou Grant (hell, I didn't even know Lou Grant was as spinoff until recently).
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Mayberry's finest passes away  
Jump to: