Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:27:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  The Secret World  |  Topic: Things you don't like. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Things you don't like.  (Read 174861 times)
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #315 on: August 01, 2012, 12:08:59 AM

Hmm. Which situations are you referring to? Didn't really have the same vibe (as girl templar). Overall I would say the mute, passive behaviour leads to appearing  as rather cautious, shy person.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 12:10:41 AM by calapine »

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #316 on: August 01, 2012, 12:10:58 AM

The patch deleted, from my inventory:

- my pistols
- the glyph out of my occult talisman
- an indeterminate number of my potions

Ohhhhh, I see.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #317 on: August 01, 2012, 12:12:38 AM

In the new Kingsmouth quest, the Queen Slut was completely up in my face, sexually harrassing me, which coupled with the Dragon intro has me all "stop that."

fake edit: Ingmar, do not sneak between me and calapine!

God Save the Horn Players
calapine
Terracotta Army

Reply #318 on: August 01, 2012, 12:39:44 AM

Awww. Bah. Can't think of anyone hitting on me yet. Execpt that demon in Hell ("You, me...") and probably Danny Dufresne in his dreams.

Njal
Terracotta Army

Reply #319 on: August 01, 2012, 04:52:01 AM

Certainly Zaha in Transylvania who it is said is lesbian never hit on me. So it's probably just that particular quest that does it.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #320 on: August 01, 2012, 07:03:12 AM

In the new Kingsmouth quest, the Queen Slut was completely up in my face, sexually harrassing me, which coupled with the Dragon intro has me all "stop that."
Oooh!  Where!?!

(I'm kidding.  tongue)

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #321 on: August 01, 2012, 09:45:55 AM

Having to RMA my 470 GTX. I think my weekend marathon playing (family was outta town) was too much for a card what was already down a fan.   Back to the 8800 GT.  Runs the game fine (frame rate aint bad in DX9 and doesn't look too bad), but the fan makes an unholy racket.   Even cranking down all the graphics options, the sucker spins like it's trying to take flight.  
I beg of you. Visit the PC build thread and buy the Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme Plus II I've linked a zillion times now. If the 3-fan version won't fit in your case, get the 2-fan version. Cool temps, max the potential of any card, almost no noise at all under load. It's not cheap, but it can transfer to future gpus for years.

On circle strafing:  I just have been doing it out of habit, too. Be nice if it was worth something.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #322 on: August 01, 2012, 10:03:06 AM

Already sent off the card.  I don't think I want to spend money on cooling a 8800.  I'll just live with the mini-XBOX sound coming out of my PC for the time being and annoy you all with the incessant whining.  why so serious?

-Rasix
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #323 on: August 01, 2012, 10:34:52 AM

Oooh!  Where!?!

(I'm kidding.  tongue)

I should hope you're kidding, I totally said where right in my post!  why so serious?

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #324 on: August 01, 2012, 12:22:34 PM

Already sent off the card.  I don't think I want to spend money on cooling a 8800.  I'll just live with the mini-XBOX sound coming out of my PC for the time being and annoy you all with the incessant whining.  why so serious?
Think of slapping it on the 8800 as installation practice. Then OC the shit out of the 8800. When the RMA replacement comes in, rip it off the 8800 and put it on the replacement card.

If I had the money I'd remove the Twin Frozr on my 2nd GTX460 and put an Accelero on it. I blame kickstarter for this.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #325 on: August 01, 2012, 01:41:52 PM

I should hope you're kidding, I totally said where right in my post!  why so serious?
Kingsmouth is a big zone.

Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #326 on: August 01, 2012, 11:25:45 PM

Argh.  Right-clicking items now only pastes into chat.  I can't seem to make it stop doing that (tried logging out and back in even).  I can't figure out how to activate the item for my current quest, etc.  Very frustrating.  Known issue?
Rasix

Reply #327 on: August 02, 2012, 12:16:05 AM

Probably a bug. Maybe you just had your chat window open for input when trying.  But this is Funcom, anything is possible.

-Rasix
Quinton
Terracotta Army

Reply #328 on: August 02, 2012, 12:37:26 AM

Filed a petition and moments later it started working again.  GM contacted me and theorized that maybe the ctrl key was stuck (since ctrl-rightclick is the paste-to-chat action).  Will try mucking with ctrl if it happens again...
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #329 on: August 02, 2012, 12:45:30 AM

I've had that happen but it is odd that you were able to do stuff like post etc. with the button stuck if that's really the case.

Abelian75
Terracotta Army

Reply #330 on: August 02, 2012, 12:53:16 AM

Am I the only one with off-center subtitles?  Most of my subtitles are left-justified.  It looks weird.
Quinton
Terracotta Army

Reply #331 on: August 02, 2012, 02:12:09 AM

I've had that happen but it is odd that you were able to do stuff like post etc. with the button stuck if that's really the case.

Yeah, I'm not entirely convinced of that explanation, but haven't managed to reproduce the issue again.

EDIT: It happened again, I tapped CTRL, then everything started working again.  I think the game may have a bug where it loses key-up events on meta-keys sometimes.  At least it's easy to work around.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 04:28:22 AM by Quinton »
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #332 on: August 02, 2012, 04:58:25 AM

I've had this issue as well, thanks for sharing the fix
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #333 on: August 04, 2012, 11:12:45 AM

It would be nice if sprint in this game worked like it does in SWTOR: a toggle that automatically reactivates when you leave combat instead of constantly having to manually recast it.

Edit: also, it would be really nice if somewhere on the abilities it told you the range.  I assume a 'dash' attack is some kind of charge, but what's the range?  Would be nice to know before I buy it.  Ohhhhh, I see.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 11:24:54 AM by Nevermore »

Over and out.
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #334 on: August 04, 2012, 11:26:20 AM

Am I the only one with off-center subtitles?  Most of my subtitles are left-justified.  It looks weird.
Seems it's just the way they do it. Frequently the subtitles are long enough to require multiple lines, so maybe they just thought it'd be weirder to have effectively whole paragraphs centered.
Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #335 on: August 04, 2012, 12:53:20 PM

Edit: also, it would be really nice if somewhere on the abilities it told you the range.  I assume a 'dash' attack is some kind of charge, but what's the range?  Would be nice to know before I buy it.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Click the downward pointing triangle underneath the AP cost for a more detailed description of skills.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #336 on: August 04, 2012, 06:53:23 PM

It would be nice if sprint in this game worked like it does in SWTOR: a toggle that automatically reactivates when you leave combat instead of constantly having to manually recast it.

ToR didn't have it auto-activate at first either.  Hopefully that gets patched in.

As for abilities, there's an interface option you can selection to get more detailed power descriptions.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #337 on: August 04, 2012, 07:16:18 PM

I'm going to pick on some more minor things, but overall I actually like the game (outside of that one terrible bug)...  but I actually like it as a single-player game.  If this were a one-time purchase that I could just play through slowly whenever with no sub fee, I'd buy it.  As an MMO though, I still have my doubts.

So, another nitpick: They give you a friends list but there's no indication at all of when a friend comes online or goes offline unless you leave the window open.  It's a large window, with no way to resize it.  This is silly.  Also, there's a box I checked in Settings that's supposed to enable an audio cue when someone sends me a tell, but I didn't hear any cue when someone sent me a tell.  swamp poop

Over and out.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #338 on: August 04, 2012, 07:17:40 PM

Yeah if I could wave a wand and make this the F2P one instead of SWTOR I'd be pretty happy. This one just feels like the 'come back occasionally when you feel like it' game.

Rasix

Reply #339 on: August 04, 2012, 07:49:24 PM

Edit: also, it would be really nice if somewhere on the abilities it told you the range.  I assume a 'dash' attack is some kind of charge, but what's the range?  Would be nice to know before I buy it.  Ohhhhh, I see.

From a post on the forums:

Just tested this in the Crucible.

Assault rifle - 20m
Pistol - 10m
Shotgun 10m

Chaos - 3m
Blood magic - 15m
Elementalism- 15m

Keep it mind that some abilities have shorter range, though. This is especially true for shotguns.

Also, the instant AR builder has a 10m range that you can take to 20m with a passive.  If something has a specific range other than the default for the weapon, it will say it in the ability.  You do see this a lot for hammer/shotgun or anything with differently shaped attacks.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 07:50:59 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #340 on: August 04, 2012, 08:23:58 PM

Yeah the shotgun cone attacks are like 5-7m or so, they're also not all the same.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #341 on: August 04, 2012, 08:42:46 PM

It must have been some skills with 'standard' ranges for the weapon type I was running into is why it seemed so inconsistent in showing ranges.  Like there's a blade skill that says it'll teleport you, but the only range it lists is the minimum teleport range, not the maximum.  Spiral of Death it's called.

Over and out.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #342 on: August 04, 2012, 09:13:09 PM

The charge type abilities can be sort of buggy, by the way.

Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #343 on: August 04, 2012, 10:27:06 PM

Yeah if I could wave a wand and make this the F2P one instead of SWTOR I'd be pretty happy. This one just feels like the 'come back occasionally when you feel like it' game.
I think both games are similar in this aspect - at least all my guildies played swtor as sort of a SP game with occasional co-op (paying the box price, and only subbing until getting 'to the end of the story' with one char), ditto with tsw.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 10:36:59 PM by Zetor »

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #344 on: August 04, 2012, 10:42:06 PM

SWTOR has more replay value for people who like alts, I think, but I can see it being a pretty similar thing, yeah.

SWTOR is a lot more fun in a duo than TSW is, though.  why so serious?

calapine
Terracotta Army

Reply #345 on: August 05, 2012, 08:42:10 AM

Things I don't like: Arcardia is down

cironian
Terracotta Army

play his game!: solarwar.net

Reply #346 on: August 05, 2012, 08:45:00 AM

Things I don't like: Arcardia is down

I think all the servers (except for chat) just fell over and died a painful death.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #347 on: August 05, 2012, 10:56:55 AM

Yeah, servers officially down for an hour. Free weekend extended 6 hours to compensate
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #348 on: August 05, 2012, 11:59:54 AM

Doesn't help when that was the hour I had to play this afternoon.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #349 on: August 05, 2012, 06:45:25 PM

Update: Game still sucks as a duo. Now we had a fed-ex side quest that spawns something that's trying to take it from you. That's fine, except you cannot both do it unless you like having one spawn for each of you, every two steps. And there's a horrible snare involved that makes it so you can't just jog on your merry way. Quest obviously wants you to solo it all by your lonesome.

Fuck that quest!

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  The Secret World  |  Topic: Things you don't like.  
Jump to: