Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 07:06:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  The Secret World  |  Topic: Things you don't like. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Things you don't like.  (Read 173845 times)
Wasted
Terracotta Army

Reply #385 on: August 07, 2012, 07:38:36 AM

so its probably been said already but / not taking you straight to chat is annoying as hell.
Yep. Go into control options and change it from / to /  Ohhhhh, I see.

They have it defaulted to the / on the numpad, change it to the / you actually use.

ooh thanks
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #386 on: August 07, 2012, 07:47:07 AM

That sounds like it could be quite a problem since the game doesn't seem to lend itself well to group questing.

It honestly gets much better starting in Egypt as there are less solo instances (which are awful for grouping). It's still not perfect (:funcom: afterall) but it's not solomon islands level of retarded either. IIRC there was probably 5-10 solo instances in all of Egypt, and even less than that in Trans (outside of the main questline)

My builds aren't good enough to handle them.  I was able to breeze through a couple in Besieged Farmlands when I bugged my penetration chance to 100%, however.   awesome, for real

Is it using the turret you mentioned or are you just fighting the bugged mobs in Trans that have 100% pen chance? There's a number of mobs in Farmlands where players would penetrate 100% of the time if they had something like 50+ pen rating, was awesome awesome, for real

They fixed the Black Marks in Fusang, back to 7 for taking a facility...  Heartbreak

Mother fucker.  Heartbreak

Yep. Go into control options and change it from / to /  Ohhhhh, I see.

They have it defaulted to the / on the numpad, change it to the / you actually use.

And it still doesn't work perfectly. A lot of the time you have to hit / twice to get it to chat with the / in front of the command you may be trying to type. So if I'm in a channel that is defaulted to talking to the cabal and mean to talk to group, I have to hit //group because the first one won't be entered.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #387 on: August 07, 2012, 08:54:28 AM

My builds aren't good enough to handle them.  I was able to breeze through a couple in Besieged Farmlands when I bugged my penetration chance to 100%, however.   awesome, for real

Is it using the turret you mentioned or are you just fighting the bugged mobs in Trans that have 100% pen chance? There's a number of mobs in Farmlands where players would penetrate 100% of the time if they had something like 50+ pen rating, was awesome awesome, for real

It was caused by fighting those pudgy looking ghouls.  Your penetration chance would just start ramping up until it got stuck at 100%.  Thing is, you could fight anything after getting it to 100% and it'd stay there.  Persisted through death as well.  Entering Agartha or crossing a major zone line seemed to reset it. 

This worked in both Besieged Farmlands and the Shadowy Forest.

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #388 on: August 07, 2012, 08:56:16 AM

Fuck you, Orochi Group quest. Man, that quest was ANNOYING. It wasn't as bad as the chainsaw thing, but constantly getting knocked out by security bots got old. I keep wanting some kind of stealth button but that's probably just me being overly-trained by FPS-type games where stealth is just a matter of crouching. TBH, it's kind of refreshing having quests that annoy you because you can't just bull through them, but it can still be quite irritating getting stunned slapped by floating robot eyes for standing in the wrong place. At least they don't kill you.

And fuck you, Bog. That is easily one of the most irritating areas in an MMOG ever.

Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #389 on: August 07, 2012, 09:21:57 AM

It was caused by fighting those pudgy looking ghouls.  Your penetration chance would just start ramping up until it got stuck at 100%.  Thing is, you could fight anything after getting it to 100% and it'd stay there.  Persisted through death as well.  Entering Agartha or crossing a major zone line seemed to reset it. 

This worked in both Besieged Farmlands and the Shadowy Forest.

That might be what I'm thinking of. All I know is it was awesome.
cironian
Terracotta Army

play his game!: solarwar.net

Reply #390 on: August 07, 2012, 10:57:20 AM

And fuck you, Bog. That is easily one of the most irritating areas in an MMOG ever.

Yep. I'd recommend anyone reaching that point to just skip the quests there and move on to Egypt. While the mobs in Egypt con one level higher, they are actually easier to kill than the late BM ones.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #391 on: August 07, 2012, 11:08:42 AM

Honestly, the bog was mildly annoying, but I can't see why it's so hated. I did it so fast and without many problem even though I am "almost" a melee class. What's all the fuss? The DOTing pools and pulling shades?I read so much hate about it that I was expecting EQ's Befallen levels of aggro, respawn and other mixed crap. Maybe that's what saved me, having the most dreadful expectations?

disKret
Terracotta Army

Reply #392 on: August 07, 2012, 12:01:50 PM

Fuck you, Orochi Group quest.

Wait to try The Castle in carpathian  Heartbreak
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #393 on: August 07, 2012, 03:07:33 PM

Wait to try The Castle in carpathian  Heartbreak

So much hate for the castle, and I like the orochi camps.  I'd like to find the person who designed that one in a dark alley some night.

Also on the bog, they might have nerfed the spawn rates and locations by the time you got to it.  You might have also been over QL.   It's still bad, but it used to be worse.  They did it in like 1.0.3.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 03:09:44 PM by Ard »
Abelian75
Terracotta Army

Reply #394 on: August 07, 2012, 06:39:31 PM

Honestly, the bog was mildly annoying, but I can't see why it's so hated. I did it so fast and without many problem even though I am "almost" a melee class. What's all the fuss? The DOTing pools and pulling shades?I read so much hate about it that I was expecting EQ's Befallen levels of aggro, respawn and other mixed crap. Maybe that's what saved me, having the most dreadful expectations?

This is the first I've read of other people talking about the bog, and I will say it was definitely the worst part of the game so far for me.  Sooooo annoying.  Definitely the most annoyingly punishing area of the game so far.  But yeah, I can imagine being surprised it isn't worse if you've read tons of complaints about it.  It isn't so much that it's annoying to an unheard-of degree, but that it very much stands out as the most obnoxious area in the game (as of late egypt, at least).
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #395 on: August 07, 2012, 07:18:00 PM

Yups, good description. It's not the "worst area in mmos ever" but it's definitly in the context of TSW.

Unusual high mob density.
Filth pools that stack a DOT up to deadly levels in seconds.
Mobs standing in the filth.
Mobs having a pull-attack that ports you to them.
High respawn rate

Not undo able or a cock block, but certainly annoying.

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Rasix

Reply #396 on: August 07, 2012, 10:21:18 PM

The Castle.  This is making me want to unsub.

Yah, this sort of nonsense is just too much.  Even the Cost of Magic wasn't this bad.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 10:25:55 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #397 on: August 08, 2012, 07:05:26 AM

First time through the castle probably took me at least 15 tries, did it yesterday and only got caught once.  The thing that really screwed me up about the mission
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #398 on: August 08, 2012, 08:03:48 AM

First time through the castle probably took me at least 15 tries, did it yesterday and only got caught once.  The thing that really screwed me up about the mission

Same thing that I did, but it was fun trying imo.

For the bog - yeah it's not even close to Befallen level of bad, but it is TSW's equivalent. I think a lot of it was that any place you stepped you were pulled into the filth and it just became annoying. If they just mixed up the mobs a little more so that not every pond had someone pulling you into filth it wouldn't have been bad. I was ql9 or so when I went there and it was still annoying

Also, just because it was mentioned, Cost of Magic Love Letters
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #399 on: August 08, 2012, 08:14:08 AM

Rasix

Reply #400 on: August 08, 2012, 09:06:56 AM

I read a spoiler site that listed a few ways to just blitz through it.  So I stayed up another 30 minutes and did just that.  Then I got caught 4-5 times even getting into the Grey's room.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Luckily while learning how to cheese it, I got fair warning of the end boss.  Died once (got caught like 3 times again), and then just threw on 2 more tank pieces, a heal piece, swapped in Lick Your Wounds, the passive that makes strikes Debilitate, and Anima shot (which I really didn't use).  Turned him into a minor annoyance.  This might be a viable setup for doing any Hard content, as I took almost no damage but was still able to dish it out well enough.  I don't even think Forged in Fire procc'd at all.

-Rasix
Rasix

Reply #401 on: August 08, 2012, 10:14:41 PM

Ohh quest bugs.  Too Deep 4/4 may be bugged on your instance.  Just a FYI.  LE SIGH.

-Rasix
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #402 on: August 08, 2012, 11:34:21 PM

It's been broken since the 1.1 patch.  I keep mentioning it on the f13 channel, I probably should have posted here, given how much of a pain in the ass it is to get to the bottom there.  Sorry about that.
Rasix

Reply #403 on: August 08, 2012, 11:57:07 PM

Yep, it's a bummer.  Had a good partner (some random guy that was in the same area, did a few quests) and that kind of took the wind out of our sails. I think there's something in the center you're supposed to click but it doesn't work.   Bad thing is that I haven't noticed it on the upcoming patch.   Ohhhhh, I see.

-Rasix
Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #404 on: August 09, 2012, 02:21:06 AM

Yep, it's a bummer.  Had a good partner (some random guy that was in the same area, did a few quests) and that kind of took the wind out of our sails. I think there's something in the center you're supposed to click but it doesn't work.   Bad thing is that I haven't noticed it on the upcoming patch.   Ohhhhh, I see.

Yeah I ran into that one the other day. From what I've read, there should be 4 special mobs down there that you have to kill and then when you click the thing it spawns the boss. But it looks like those mobs aren't respawning after being killed as there was no sign of them when I was there.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #405 on: August 09, 2012, 07:47:07 AM

I also lucked into a group for hards in that zone, whole thing disbanded after hitting that bug.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #406 on: August 15, 2012, 07:09:51 AM

Kickstarter ate my gaming funds, cancelled :(

Made it about 1/2 into Blue Mt in a month :)
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #407 on: August 15, 2012, 11:29:33 AM

I did finally manage to log into my account to cancel it. Apparently I didn't realize that my game account, and my account account, are not the same account. Not sure why it works like that, or why the website doesn't say 'hey dumbass don't use your game account' on the page.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #408 on: August 15, 2012, 02:30:21 PM

PvP is horribly unbalanced and gear based and just totally broken.  Some tank spec guy just mowed down 20+ people, his health did not move.

I am the .00000001428%
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #409 on: August 15, 2012, 04:25:16 PM

PvP is horribly unbalanced and gear based and just totally broken.  Some tank spec guy just mowed down 20+ people, his health did not move.

I watch tank/heal-spec guys in PvE do this all the time.  Takes a while to kill things, but yah... non-moving health. 

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #410 on: August 15, 2012, 06:09:36 PM

It was a glance tank, apparently glances heal him and you take damage back.  Tons of undergeared newbs (like me) constantly glancing him kept him healed enough that the actual geared players couldn't take him down, and his AE sword abilities were doing plenty of dmg.

I am the .00000001428%
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #411 on: August 15, 2012, 06:14:26 PM

It was a glance tank, apparently glances heal him and you take damage back.  Tons of undergeared newbs (like me) constantly glancing him kept him healed enough that the actual geared players couldn't take him down, and his AE sword abilities were doing plenty of dmg.

So awesome. The only problem is getting enough AP for all my dream builds...
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #412 on: August 15, 2012, 09:01:09 PM

I could make this into a multiplayer game, but there's no sense of urgency to do so. Therefore, while I intellectually understand the monthly fee, I am not getting anything personally for it. It'd be like making Skyrim $15/mo (and no, I don't expect ESO to be that).

TSW is a fun game with a great look, a cool story, a great storytelling technique and an interesting combat and character building system. They don't need to change anything. I'm just getting too old for the same game that 10 years ago I might have taken a few days off of work to put some serious time into. And I'm no longer interested in paying a few monthly fees just to complete a story arc that back in the day I could have banged out before the first bill hit.
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #413 on: August 15, 2012, 09:20:47 PM

This post right there should be put into the "Things you like" thread.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #414 on: August 16, 2012, 07:35:24 AM

A glance tank is what I'm working on for my Dragon.  Looks like a really interesting concept.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #415 on: August 16, 2012, 07:52:39 AM

They hurt, bad without the right stats. Just remember if you find yourself up against one of these monsters - impairs make tanks unable to glance, at which point they drop much faster. It's also important to know that so as a glance tank you bring CC breakers
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #416 on: August 16, 2012, 08:24:07 AM

Well, it's glance plus other things.  And I mainly solo, so no idea if it'd hold up in a dungeon.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #417 on: August 16, 2012, 08:35:07 AM

Most of the damage and survival comes from being glanced.

As for solo vs group, skills are a bit different (generally still using blade/chaos though) and you want about 80/20 tank/dps gear for normal and elite tanking (don't know what you're running now), but for most dungeons you'll be fine as stacking defense works great until a couple snags in some NM mode that I'm seeing. I tanked elites just fine with def/evade stats
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #418 on: August 23, 2012, 12:31:48 PM

Just cancelled.  I don't hate it, but it's definitely starting to get a bit painful to log in.  It's not a big "I can't believe they fucked THIS up" kind of problem, it's just a million little things that irk me.

Minor things that bugged me:

-The real money clothing thing irks me.  I can't seem to find an outfit I like, and the prices on the clothes are pretty steep.  I don't begrudge them their money, but being asked to pay a sub on top of that rubs me the wrong way.  I'll happily come back when it's F2P and probably grab an outfit or two then, but it just feels too price gougey right now.  I can't get into a game where I hate the way my character looks, and unlike most MMOs, I don't think sticking around will improve that, because the gear I'm getting from quests and loot mostly doesn't change my appearance as far as I've noticed.

-Combat seemed repetitive, as others have pointed out.  I'm willing to concede that this may be because I never got far enough to really diversify (part way through the Savage Coast), but every fight felt a bit grindy and samey to me, and there's a ton of fighting in this game.  If the mobs had less HP or something this wouldn't be as much of a problem, but it just feels like a chore going anywhere or doing anything because I have to constantly stop and throw the same 1111123 sequence two or three times at every enemy that's standing by the side of the road.

-Maybe I shouldn't have picked Dragon, I don't know if the other factions have better stories or what, but so far, Dragon is just a pile of WTF.  I find some artifact, kill some monsters, send in a mission report, and I get back some bullshit fortune cookie metaphor about scorpions or some shit.  I mean, I get that we're supposed to be inscrutable weirdos, but I have something like 28 hours /played and I still have no goddamn idea what the hell I'm supposed to be doing or why I'm here or what even is going on beyond "viking zombie invasion, possibly related to a magic tchotchke".  Their faction outfit is kinda lame, too.

-I think I might have made the wrong weapon choice.  Grabbed chaos at the beginning, thinking I'd be a Bruce Lee type guy, but there's no real good martial arts outfit that I can find, and even if there was, I'm stuck with this big damn hubcap tied to my back for some reason.  Plus, it just doesn't feel appropriate to the setting, fighting zombies with kung fu feels wrong, I don't need to start throwing out flying crane kicks or whatever when I'm fighting against a shambling monster that can barely stand.  I tried switching to pistols, but got bored re-doing everything trying to skill up, figured I'd tough it out in the hopes that maybe I'll stop fighting zombies someday.

-New England is dragging on and on and on.  I don't know if the ENTIRE game is fighting zombies, but the box blurb claims a bunch of exciting locations like Egypt and Transylvania while I've spent I think literally 24 in game hours in the exotic lands of Maine fighting zombies, the most overused horror cliche on the market.  I was psyched for the first few hours of it, sure, but I am so ready for something new.  But no, looks like more zombies, more Maine.  Ugh.

I dunno, I don't HATE the game, it just doesn't grab me.  There's a lot of stuff I like, I'll probably be back when it's F2P, but for now, it just feels like a drag.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #419 on: August 23, 2012, 12:47:27 PM

I dunno, I don't HATE the game, it just doesn't grab me.  There's a lot of stuff I like, I'll probably be back when it's F2P, but for now, it just feels like a drag.

I love the game for what it is but also cancelled before the free month was up.  Something about it just didn't hook me.  I have no real complaints with the game and loved the puzzles and atmosphere.  I just gradually lost interest after finishing Egypt. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  The Secret World  |  Topic: Things you don't like.  
Jump to: