Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:03:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  The Secret World  |  Topic: Men in black vans 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Men in black vans  (Read 8943 times)
Furiously
Terracotta Army

on: June 29, 2012, 08:30:07 PM

This quest is annoying.

Anyone done step 4?

For anyone stuck on the password for step 2.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 08:57:29 PM by Furiously »

tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 10:24:21 PM

since it was excluded from beta testing, it led to predictable results

I petitioned a gm ingame about this, he told me there are "issues" with it, and to "try again later".

incidentally, when i ran across the laptop the hint was "change your password, it's embarassing" instead of "my wife". Think i tried everything from "admin", "password" to very varied expletives.  Ohhhhh, I see.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 12:09:27 AM

The quest is definitely screwed up.

Some people claim to have passed it which makes me think it might be like some early TOR quests that basically had broken reset timers.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 10:29:38 AM

Every fifth question in general is asking if this is bugged and yes, it is.

Something wicked is also mostly bugged, if anyone else is doing it (including the further areas) you can't, don't bother unless you are on in the middle of the night.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: June 30, 2012, 10:33:05 AM

Every fifth question in general is asking if this is bugged and yes, it is.

Something wicked is also mostly bugged, if anyone else is doing it (including the further areas) you can't, don't bother unless you are on in the middle of the night.

Something Wicked is fine. The key is if anyone is doing the last part don't try to jump in. Just let them finish and move on then do your thing once it resets. Easy peasy. I suspect this is essentially what is bugging out Men in Black vans as well. The item in question isn't resetting to a base version.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: June 30, 2012, 10:39:32 AM

Something Wicked is fine. The key is if anyone is doing the last part don't try to jump in. Just let them finish and move on then do your thing once it resets. Easy peasy. I suspect this is essentially what is bugging out Men in Black vans as well. The item in question isn't resetting to a base version.
Something Wicked is only fine on certain instances. I've tried to do it twice so far today. The first raven that's meant to lead you to the others doesn't work. And when I go to the location anyway, where there should be an individual raven instead there is about 20 of them on top of each other and it's impossible to complete.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: June 30, 2012, 10:47:52 AM

I think we're talking about 2 different quests. Something Wicked is the one where you investigate the murder and there are ravens involved but only a few of them. It sounds to me like you're talking about "The Raven" that you get from the fortune teller?

Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: June 30, 2012, 11:08:48 AM

I think we're talking about 2 different quests. Something Wicked is the one where you investigate the murder and there are ravens involved but only a few of them. It sounds to me like you're talking about "The Raven" that you get from the fortune teller?

Nope, it's definitely Something Wicked.

trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: June 30, 2012, 11:52:21 AM

I have had the same experience with the raven in 'Something Wicked'.  Really annoying to have to drop it.  And I was so proud of myself for figuring out tier 3 (or is it 4?  Whatever) too.
Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: June 30, 2012, 12:00:58 PM

I have had the same experience with the raven in 'Something Wicked'.  Really annoying to have to drop it.  And I was so proud of myself for figuring out tier 3 (or is it 4?  Whatever) too.

Well the good thing is when they fix it you can just pick it up from that tier and continue on. You'll just have to take a trip down to see Naahma wink
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: June 30, 2012, 12:09:23 PM

Ooh, that's excellent.  I just figured I had to start from scratch, so that's actually quite a relief.  And Naahma ain't wicked far away or nothin.  (Do old people really say wicked in Maine?)
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #11 on: June 30, 2012, 05:52:54 PM

Well the good thing is when they fix it you can just pick it up from that tier and continue on. You'll just have to take a trip down to see Naahma wink
Most of the tiers involve you  so it won't be so easy to pick up where you left off.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: June 30, 2012, 06:03:58 PM

Most of the tiers involve you  so it won't be so easy to pick up where you left off.

Sure it is. Go the quest starter to reactivate it and

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: July 01, 2012, 01:36:58 PM

Asked in local today if anyone had a working instance and got ported to one do wicker is done now.

Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: July 01, 2012, 02:19:51 PM

Really annoyed this quest isn't working.  It's listed as giving a massive amount of xp.

EDIT:  A GM finally responded to me when I was all the way back at templar headquarters an hour later.  Of course I'd long since abandoned the quest again.   Apparently they're only "fixing" these quests one time per character and he couldn't do something logical like teleport me to the quest giver.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 02:52:53 PM by Amaron »
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: July 03, 2012, 01:33:54 PM

Just as a heads-up, the men in black vans quest seems to be working fine now. Launch-day miracle patch, I guess.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #16 on: July 03, 2012, 01:34:47 PM

The actual button clicking sequence doesn't seem to match the clues given in the van.   Ohhhhh, I see.  I used teh intarwebs.

-Rasix
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: July 03, 2012, 01:39:09 PM

That's strange, it worked for me on try #2 (try #1 involved a misclick and a lot of running).
(sequence spoilerz)

Rasix

Reply #18 on: July 03, 2012, 01:45:03 PM

Odd.  Maybe the quest is still a little wonky at times. 

-Rasix
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #19 on: July 03, 2012, 01:51:20 PM

Once they fixed it yesterday so many people were trying it that it was frustrating.  I finally had to cajole everyone to join one party so that we wouldn't screw each other up.  I know the idea was to do it in reverse order but that didn't seem to be how it worked for me, pretty sure I started with the dish thing on top and that made it work.

If others have been mucking with it the best thing to do is just reset it by clicking it until if fizzles and summons a monster fight.  Then you know you have a nice clean attempt after the fight.  Unless someone else runs up and starts touching it...
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #20 on: July 05, 2012, 08:09:52 AM

(Do old people really say wicked in Maine?)
That's a wicked dumb question, ayuh.
Rasix

Reply #21 on: July 05, 2012, 09:28:54 AM

Unless someone else runs up and starts touching it...

This is precisely why the first quest I did was Madam Roget's revenant quest.  Last tier is almost impossible if some retard is trying to do it at the same time.  Since no one actually reads anything in say, it's futile to communicate with the moron randomly clicking shit.

Also ran into this while doing "Something Wicked".  I was screaming at them to stop clicking the birds.  Finally, while they were scratching their collective heads, I snuck it in.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 09:31:51 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: July 05, 2012, 09:30:40 AM

I read /say, but I imagine a lot of people use /general, which I do completely ignore.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #23 on: July 05, 2012, 09:58:26 AM

I've only had #f13 on, should probably turn on /say, too. All the general/lfg/illuminati/etc channels are barrens chat.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  The Secret World  |  Topic: Men in black vans  
Jump to: