Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:37:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Bungie's Destiny 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bungie's Destiny  (Read 393930 times)
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #875 on: March 01, 2015, 09:52:19 AM

"Being complete shit at them" = "never had a group to try them prior to this patch"

Give us time.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #876 on: March 01, 2015, 12:47:55 PM

Oh, I am. I guided a couple of 30s through Valus yesterday. They were both horrible and died a lot and caused me to die a few times trying to rescue them. The surprising thing for me is that the rules aren't all that different between the weekly and the standard strike except for the addition of burns or difficulty modifiers. Anyone who's done any of these strikes more than once should know there's certain places you don't stand. And even then, if you get killed hanging out in one place more than once, DON'T FUCKING KEEP STANDING THERE!

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #877 on: March 01, 2015, 04:02:46 PM

Yeah I've never even done valus on normal and I've heard he's a bitch so I'm not going to subject two random people to my ineptitude on that.  Pretty brutal strike to kick off the pub enabled weekly.  I might wait until something like nexus comes up but knowing bungie the next three weeks will probably be omnigul, one of the few worse than valus.  At least it's not nightfall, weekly is just two modifiers.  Does it ever have a burn, that might at least both help and hurt.

I hear valus has a nice cheese spot if you have maxed out jump jets and can get on top of those ceiling lights.  Doesn't work so well on nightfall with solar burn because of rockets though.

I dived into PvP today in the hopes of gaining some marks and level 3 crucible rep for the next dlc pack.  I suck but I'm not letting that get me down too much.  By the last few matches it seems like I both got better and the matchmaking started pitting me against other losers so my k/d managed to be around 1 a few times.  I have to stop blindly charging into the red areas of my mini map and if I'm wounded run the hell away until I regen.  Maybe I should just play rumble so that at least I'm not dragging my team down but I imagine rumble is filled with both the best at PvP and a bunch of worthless fucking snipers.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #878 on: March 01, 2015, 07:07:31 PM

I prefer cap points.

Also, crouching and waiting works wonders - just let people walk into your shots.

So does bubble titans with shotguns.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #879 on: March 01, 2015, 08:19:08 PM

If you're on PS4, I'm Heisenboggs. I'll get you through some shit. That said, Control is the way to
Go in crucible. It gives you a shitload of opportunities to fuck shit up in the right circumstances.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #880 on: March 03, 2015, 01:12:20 PM

Does anyone run VoG in the mornings (EST)?  I've gotten my Hunter up to level 31 with an Icebreaker and Arachnid for my dome.  Looking to try my first raid.

most often known as Drevik
Strazos

Reply #881 on: March 03, 2015, 08:49:35 PM

My group hasn't touched VoG for probably two months. We're kind of on a Destiny break, what with the lack of new content.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #882 on: March 04, 2015, 10:44:08 AM

I don't have a job and neither does my best friend, so I might be able to arrange some Morning Glass.  I have another friend as well but I'm not sure we can get him out of bed before 1pm.

All of that makes me sound like a loser, but I'm actually an accomplished professional. Ohhhhh, I see.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #883 on: March 04, 2015, 05:00:04 PM

I don't have a job and neither does my best friend, so I might be able to arrange some Morning Glass.  I have another friend as well but I'm not sure we can get him out of bed before 1pm.

All of that makes me sound like a loser, but I'm actually an accomplished professional. Ohhhhh, I see.

Tried to find a pickup team this morning (posting in the Reddit group), but ended up with a Crota Normal team instead.  It took several tries, but we ended up killing Crota in the end.  I got some mats, a shader, an emblem, and Light of the Abyss.  It was pretty fun overall.  Definitely want to try VoG now.  I'm on ps4 as ewspider77 if you end up doing it.  We can always invite fillers from the Reddit group or any other group you might be a member of.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #884 on: March 04, 2015, 05:31:05 PM

I'm going in to work late tomorrow, I might be down for some glass action.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #885 on: March 05, 2015, 02:36:28 PM

Well, I still haven't even tried Crota.  Somehow, looking for work is more work than having work.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #886 on: March 05, 2015, 08:46:45 PM

Every damn ship engram I get turns into something with such a horrible dark brown colour that I can't even see the ship's shape.  It's just a floating diarrhiac turd that needs to be flushed.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #887 on: March 06, 2015, 07:38:41 AM

Ship engrams really make me feel like I was cheated out of something remotely useful, like a glimmer booster.

Of course, this is because I like two of my ships.

EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #888 on: March 06, 2015, 01:25:28 PM

A veteran 32 from the Reddit group was offering to run n00bs through VoG Normal this morning so I jumped at the opportunity.  We had a couple of wipes in the Labyrinth, but overall it was pretty smooth getting to The Gate.  We wiped a few times trying to spawn Atheon (I was holding the middle platform so not really sure what was going wrong there), but overall that wasn't too bad either.  Atheon was when shit got real.  Definitely a complex encounter for a bunch of n00bs.  I lost track of our wipes as it simply took a while for everyone to learn the encounter, but our leader (and everyone else) was very patient and eventually everyone got the hang of it.  We ended with a bang as we thought we had wiped again, but someone had managed to land the killing blow right before the oracles nuked us all.  I ended up getting the Praedyth's Revenge sniper rifle with the Oracle Disruptor perk, a shader, and bunch of ascended crafting materials.  Even with all the wipes I still had fun learning the raid and look forward to doing it again.  I'll probably try another run or two on Normal before giving Hard mode a try.

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #889 on: March 06, 2015, 01:45:33 PM

VoG was ok the first run, but I HATE jumping puzzles with a passion so that bullshit killed any desire to do that raid again for me. And I even bypass it with the Titan superman across the abyss... still dumb to put it in there IMHO.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #890 on: March 06, 2015, 02:11:59 PM

VoG was ok the first run, but I HATE jumping puzzles with a passion so that bullshit killed any desire to do that raid again for me. And I even bypass it with the Titan superman across the abyss... still dumb to put it in there IMHO.

Yeah, I bypassed it with Hunter triple jump.  I had no desire to even attempt it.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #891 on: March 06, 2015, 08:20:06 PM

Blade dancer super and fly across.

Strazos

Reply #892 on: March 07, 2015, 12:16:15 AM

Warlock float.

That labyrinth is excessively annoying on hard mode.  swamp poop

Fear the Backstab!
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #893 on: March 11, 2015, 10:21:48 AM

Titan trial-and-error floating. awesome, for real

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #894 on: March 14, 2015, 09:56:24 AM

I picked this up again last week and have been going pretty hard at it. Hit Crucible rank 2 last night and also found my first exotic (Hard Light, Auto Rifle) so my gear finally doesn't suck. Haven't touched VoG or Crota yet because I'm pretty shite at PVE even with kb+m.

IGN: Rendakor on PS4, if anyone wants a scrub to team with.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #895 on: March 16, 2015, 05:43:45 PM

Got Rank 3 with Crota's Mom finally and upgraded both Murmurmurmur and the husk.  Too bad I already have Icebreaker and Red Death.  I think I still need a Ballerhorn but not sure what else to lust after.

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #896 on: March 17, 2015, 08:06:31 AM

PvP people love a few of the hand cannons and have to run the old raid if they want the Vex Mythoclast.  I really like my MIDA multi tool, Bad Juju looks neat.

I got to the point I was forcing myself to PvP to get marks and rank 3 and it sorta killed my will to play.  I don't like PvP but four of the five damn factions only want crucible shit.  I think iron banner is starting again, maybe I could grind out what I need while all the more serious PvP people are doing that.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #897 on: March 17, 2015, 05:50:38 PM

Thorn is pretty much the flavor of the month in Crucible and Iron Banner since the auto rifle nerf. The asshats I used to make it my mission to kill over and over again because of their overuse of the Suros Regime are now all using Thorns, Bad Jujus or Red Deaths. I stick to my Hard Light and continue to go apeshit on them because it's always fun to fuck someone up with a now underpowered weapon. 

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #898 on: March 17, 2015, 05:54:30 PM

Got Rank 3 with Crota's Mom finally and upgraded both Murmurmurmur and the husk.  Too bad I already have Icebreaker and Red Death.  I think I still need a Ballerhorn but not sure what else to lust after.

I've been off for a week or so due to work, but I got Invective just before the break, and that gun is legit fun.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #899 on: March 31, 2015, 11:08:30 AM

After two Crota takedowns, I have Crota shoulders and a new non-Hive helmet.  I also got Crota's launcher so I guess I'm covered in that department now.  And Crota's ship. /charliebrown

Grinding out bounties, I'm back at 31 with the new armor.  I think I will need some raid boots to get to 32.

Someone showed me the light in regard to that arc sniper that the Vanguard sells, thanks to a week of arc burn, so I suppose I'm going to dump marks on that.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #900 on: April 01, 2015, 11:08:20 AM

Surprise Crota run, got Hunger and the gloves again.  What are the odds?  Daddy needs some raid boots.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #901 on: April 02, 2015, 02:26:59 PM

My hunter and warlock are now both 32 and my Titan is 31. Need either gauntlets, a helmet or both from my next Crota run or another round of Iron Banner to get him up to 32 as well.

EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #902 on: April 08, 2015, 12:44:49 PM

Just did a Crota run today and got the last piece I needed (chest).  Now I just have to upgrade it and my Hunter will be 32!  Also got a Hawkmoon on that same run.  Another guy in the raid ended up getting not only the two armor pieces he needed to get to 32, but also picked up a Gjallarhorn.  Lucky bastard!

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #903 on: April 13, 2015, 11:45:26 AM

House of Wolves drops May 19.

Launch trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPg3jWn6Nn0&feature=youtu.be

EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #904 on: April 13, 2015, 07:19:32 PM

Completed my first Crota Hard Mode today and got a Fang of Ir Yut and another Hawkmoon (wtf RNGesus?!).  I need a shit load of Radiant Energy now for all the Crota weapons I've picked up.

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #905 on: April 13, 2015, 08:03:30 PM

Annnd no raid for this House of Wolves expansion. It had such promise, but the game just sagged after Crota's End.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #906 on: April 13, 2015, 08:09:08 PM

I'm fine with no raid if the other stuff works out. Group horde mode plus bosses? I'm down.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #907 on: April 15, 2015, 09:56:39 AM

I picked up two exotics yesterday and a Black Hammer, but still no G-horn or fucking raid boots.  32 is so close yet so far.

Thankfully my bank is larger so I can put that Fourth Horseman into it. why so serious?

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #908 on: April 24, 2015, 09:20:21 AM

Crota feet, finally.  I can hit 32 if I wear the Skullfort instead of Armamentarium, which sucks because two grenades is awesome.  Maybe I'll get a Crota hat next week.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #909 on: April 26, 2015, 12:19:24 PM

Crota hats, like VoG hats are the rarest drops. That said, I got one of those before I got a chest plate. Go figure. That said, HoW will let you upgrade even your old gear, so there's a path to the new level cap for everyone, even non-raiders.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Bungie's Destiny  
Jump to: