Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:36:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: From the creator of Shadowrun... Shadowrun 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: From the creator of Shadowrun... Shadowrun  (Read 79791 times)
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #280 on: August 26, 2015, 02:12:33 PM

I'm on what I think is the final mission and had to quit my game for a few hours.  When I game back and loaded my save, I was stuck behind an invisible door and couldn't open it.  Stuck and couldn't progress.  So I loaded an earlier save and tried the floor out somewhat differently, this time getting into combat.  Unfortunately, I had to step away again.  This time, I reloaded my save and it seemed fine, but once I cleared all the enemies it wouldn't take me out of combat and I couldn't find a way to progress.  Those and the afore-mentioned dialog issue on that one mission are the only problems I've had, though.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #281 on: August 26, 2015, 03:40:17 PM

It got another patch today.  I've seen quite a few bugs but so far none have bugged out whole runs, yet.  I crash at least once every night though.

Unless there's a bug preventing it from working I wish you could turn on turn-based mode in the matrix when you're sneaking since trying to do it with fiddly clicks in real time is frustrating. It would be a kinda fun puzzle if it was turn-based.

I'm actually kinda wondering if I'm doing myself a disservice- I keep doing the non-story runs instead of advancing the main story and I don't know if that's good or bad since it seems to advance time in the game anyway (the dreams and NPC conversations keep advancing, even though I haven't talked to Kindly yet after doing my first couple of runs).
That's the way I did it and I just went past the explicitly stated "point of no return".  It seems like there aren't really that many main story line missions but you do have to do X number of side missions to unlock the main missions so doing all the side stuff is fine.  The only thing I would worry about is ensuring you do the Wampoan mission before you run out of other missions.  You can (if you choose to) pick up another team member there but since you have to talk in between missions to your group to unlock their personal missions if you do the Wampoan run last you *might* not be able to do that character's mission.  I'm not sure.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #282 on: August 26, 2015, 06:28:05 PM

This game is really well scored too, even compared to the first two. Great music.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #283 on: August 30, 2015, 06:52:42 PM

Think I got another bug.

I come back from a job and Law is talking like I did some job I don't even know about, and there's a meatpuppet standing next to him that is clearly meant to be his replacement for some reason.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #284 on: August 31, 2015, 05:55:16 AM

Yeah, i put the game down the first day until they get their issues sorted out.  The bugs don't make the game unplayable but they are screwing up what looks like a very good story.

I am the .00000001428%
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #285 on: August 31, 2015, 06:08:07 AM

Finished it, luckily I didn't run into any major bugs along the way. Got used to the matrix, and otherwise I really loved the game. Pistoleers are still overpowered (3*Chainshot in the first round effectively takes out the most dangerous enemies at the beginning of every fight), but there always will be overpowered skills for people who want it easy, so I don't care all that much.

The story was indeed very good, and even the conclusion was satisfying. Not knowing shit about Hong Kong it felt unique to that place.
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #286 on: August 31, 2015, 12:56:30 PM

Finished it, luckily I didn't run into any major bugs along the way. Got used to the matrix, and otherwise I really loved the game. Pistoleers are still overpowered (3*Chainshot in the first round effectively takes out the most dangerous enemies at the beginning of every fight), but there always will be overpowered skills for people who want it easy, so I don't care all that much.

The story was indeed very good, and even the conclusion was satisfying. Not knowing shit about Hong Kong it felt unique to that place.

Same, game (client) itself was stable and I encountered only two minor story bugs: In one instance a dialog-skill-check failed despite me having the requirements. The other was email that was on the personal workstation that wasn't readable.

spoilers:
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 01:00:29 PM by calapine »

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #287 on: August 31, 2015, 01:11:19 PM

Yea, I just encountered two minor bugs even though I did a fairly completionist playthrough: an unsellable piece of paydata from the kidnapping mission and an unread email. There ARE a few bugs out there, though, based on what people are saying on the steam forums anyway.
Regarding the spoilers...
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 01:12:56 PM by Zetor »

Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #288 on: August 31, 2015, 02:25:32 PM

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #289 on: August 31, 2015, 05:03:27 PM

tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #290 on: September 02, 2015, 04:12:17 PM

Some 450mb large update to the HK game just happened, tho no info (yet) on what it fixed. But hopefully, things!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #291 on: September 04, 2015, 10:15:50 AM

If for some crazy reason you don't have the original Shadowrun Returns (and why the fuck don't you?), it's on a flash sale on the Humble store for less than $2. Only good for the next 12 hours.

Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #292 on: September 28, 2015, 08:33:22 PM

Fuck you, Good Ending. You are apparently impossible to achieve.

Seriously, two tries at the 'good' ending and I can't figure out what I'm missing. (The conversation options aren't there at the end, so clearly I didn't do something. Despite doing all the things I needed to to get said ending).

Ugh.

Fun game other than that. :)
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #293 on: September 28, 2015, 09:59:13 PM

I got the good ending on my first playthrough. Git gud!  why so serious?

Just to make sure, have you done everything on this list?

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #294 on: September 29, 2015, 06:47:36 PM

I got the good ending today as well. I was towards the end and MGSV came out and I only just now finished it.

Great, great game. I'd love to see them keep cranking these out honestly if they could make the combat a tiny bit more interesting and balanced. I kinda ripped the last boss to shreds despite the game's RNG shitting on me at every turn.

Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #295 on: September 30, 2015, 07:12:54 AM

Yeah, the last boss was easy. There were some fights that were rather difficult my first playthrough -- just a couple of places where I didn't have a good crew mix AND awkward positioning.

Second playthrough, I cleared the Assist attack before my decker was even done integrating Raymond. (Pistoleer might be a little overpowered, especially given there were two grenadiers tossing grenades at me and I had the Magnet arm).
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #296 on: September 30, 2015, 08:00:00 AM

I still haven't finished it because I was too pissed off about the progression-stopping bug I encountered, but I recently got a nice note from their support team telling me that the issue I brought up has been patched out now.  I'll finish one of these days!
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #297 on: September 30, 2015, 12:15:51 PM

Yeah, the last boss was easy. There were some fights that were rather difficult my first playthrough -- just a couple of places where I didn't have a good crew mix AND awkward positioning.

Second playthrough, I cleared the Assist attack before my decker was even done integrating Raymond. (Pistoleer might be a little overpowered, especially given there were two grenadiers tossing grenades at me and I had the Magnet arm).
Pistols seem to suffer really bad if you're not flanking dudes or are longer ranges. You can however completely outdamage nearly all other weapon types if you catch a group of dudes in the open at close-ish distance. With a burst-fire pistol you can shoot like...7 times in one round I think if you have all the skills? Duncan's full-auto bursts are about the only thing that can really outdamage a pistol slinger if 1) they all hit, and 2) most of them crit.

The last bit saving Raymond is when I blew the gigantic pile of grenades I had collected along with all the nades on Racter's bot. 2-3 waves of dudes spent their entire fight either stunned, on fire, or both.

Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #298 on: October 03, 2015, 09:56:58 AM

Magnet arm and placing yourself up front basically means they do that to themselves. Gobbet added some poison fog to the doorway too. Also their mage lost control of his summon. Really, they mostly killed themselves.

If I run through again, I'll finally try a decker/rigger setup. Run with Gobbett, Duncan, and Gauichu.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #299 on: October 03, 2015, 11:32:39 AM

I don't know if it was bugged but I'd say four out of five times an enemy summoned something it instantly turned on them.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #300 on: October 03, 2015, 01:41:56 PM

I don't know if it was bugged but I'd say four out of five times an enemy summoned something it instantly turned on them.
Summons turn on summoners in general, but the AI seems to really push it -- or has low charisma summoners.

Summoning in general is pretty crappy except for Gobbet, because she has those regenerating summons. Not enough money in HK to keep buying your own, never enough summon spots, certainly not enough summons loot.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #301 on: April 01, 2016, 01:48:01 AM

Necro.

So, if I have all three games which are worth playing and does the order matter?
Gimfain
Terracotta Army

Reply #302 on: April 01, 2016, 02:25:10 AM

Necro.

So, if I have all three games which are worth playing and does the order matter?
I would skip dead man's switch (shadowrun returns) and just play dragonfall and Hong Kong. Order doesn't really matter.

When you ask for a miracle, you have to be prepared to believe in it or you'll miss it when it comes
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #303 on: April 01, 2016, 02:43:23 AM

Order really doesn't matter. I personally think Deadmans Switch is also worth a playthrough if you have the spare time.

While both Dragonfall and Hong Kong are leaps and bounds above it in both story and characters, it still feels like as short little Shadowrun slice of life. So if you still have that Shadowrun itch after those two, go for it. Otherwise, skip.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #304 on: April 01, 2016, 03:10:41 AM

Yea, the story of each game is separate, there's no need to play them in any order (there are a few minor references to earlier games' events in the Shadowlands BBS, but that's just flavor)

At a basic level, the combat gameplay of Dead Man's Switch is a bit weaker / more shallow compared to the later installments -- however, like Tebonas said, if you enjoyed the later games, playing the first one is probably worth it. Especially since the first half of it is a pretty cool atmospheric cyber-noir story...

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #305 on: April 01, 2016, 06:57:40 AM

If you play the better ones first you'll be disappointed in dead man's switch.  It was good before the other two showed up.

I am the .00000001428%
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #306 on: April 01, 2016, 08:16:13 AM

I enjoyed the first one, and it's short enough and good enough that you wouldn't feel your time is wasted by playing it. But yes, playing it after the other two is a bit of a retrograde. I haven't played Hong Kong, but Dragonfall was better than Returns.

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #307 on: April 01, 2016, 03:55:02 PM

The first game is pretty eh overall since it's really basic.

Dragonfall and Hong Kong however are great.

The only thing that bugs me about Hong Kong is that the extended mission that wraps the thing up is a gigantic wet fart after the main campaign's potential endings were great.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #308 on: April 02, 2016, 07:07:04 AM

Cheers. Playing Dragonfall now and it's good, though the inventory system and team upgrades are a bit underwhelming the other bits are fun.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: From the creator of Shadowrun... Shadowrun  
Jump to: