Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:33:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  The f13 Radicalthon  |  Topic: TOP OR I FEED, A LoL story. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: TOP OR I FEED, A LoL story.  (Read 27887 times)
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #35 on: April 09, 2012, 02:16:27 PM

Grand update:  Getting trolled.  This ELO is grand.

Game 1:

No picture.  I went 2/7/18 as support Nunu and got trolled hard by a first pick Nocturne.  Guy at half health dives into bot lane while we're pushed to tower and they're full health.  He did this all game and ended like 3/15 or something like that.  Fucking ridiculously bad and just caused the game to be pretty much unwinnable due to diving and getting caught all of the time.  Plus, like all guys that are feeding uncontrollably, he was berating people the entire game.

Game 2:

TROLLED AGAIN.

Volibear, calls top.  Olaf selects top.  Olaf explains that he's second pick and Voli is 4th and just deal with it.  Voli goes off the rails.

Voli is a cranky fucker the entire game.  Bot lane gets annihilated and blames it on me.  Olaf does pretty good as I was able to gank for him.  Bot lane doesn't realize that being dead or nearly dead all of the time doesn't make for great ganking potential.  Ganking for mid was a waste of time as he couldn't hit his skillshots if Zig was standing still.  We had a dragon where we get aced because he basically wiffed on his entire ultimate and just spent the entire fight missing every shot.

Bot lane informs me that they will be tanking my jungle the entire rest of the game because obviously I'm not jungling.  OK, whatever kids.  I was really happy when this one ended.

Game 3:  

AND AGAIN.

Not a great game from me.  But top lane was a bit of a back and forth affair, with me having the benefit of my jungler not being a retard.  That Xin was ridiculously bad. Every attempt at counter ganking was met with him hitting the floor.

We were up huge, and then bot lane just started to feed.  And then at some point in the game, bot lane and Yi would totally split off from Udyr and I and go balls deep jungle invading.  It'd always result in Graves picking up multiple kills and AP Yi getting a kill or two and running off. They just ignored the entire map and spent most of the game dying around enemy red.  

For someone with a shit ton of kills and a full build, AP Yi just does nothing late game.  He goes in, Soraka silences him, and their team just dogpiles on.  Lux did nothing.  Trist did no damage.

To kick it off, our surrender vote goes through just as their Graves DCs and we pick up a few kills.  Thanks, whomever hit that last yes when he had an obvious advantage.

Game 4:  

THE FUN TRAIN MARCHES ON.

Missing picture.  Every lane gets destroyed thanks to bot lane of Sona/Ashe somehow getting mauled by Kayle/Alistar.  Then top lane feeds like crazy (actually apologized for playing so badly) and I get to deal with 4 man dives for the rest of my time in game.  Not a fun game.  

I would have won my lane, but end up going 2/5 on Ryze.   Jungle Olaf and Sona go afk for the rest of the game at the 12 fucking minute mark.  Yah, 3 on 5 for 8 minutes.  

Game 5:  

CCccccc-combo breaker.

Standard Soraka game, even if I was a bit rusty. Ashe was pretty horrid (in her defense, we were against a hard kill lane), but top/mid/jungle all did very well. Fiddle could have carried even if someone else slipped up.  He was really solid.

Post game chat was kind of funny.

Game 6:

Everytime Garen left lane he got a kill or two.  Thanks guys.   I really didn't play that poorly, but when your lane opponent gets that kind of boost, Yorick's lane advantage goes away.

This was pretty much your standard snowballing romp.

Game 7:

Fuck Vayne.  And fuck Skarner that tower dives at lvl 2, thus starting the snowball.  She wasn't that much of a problem, but she got a lot of kills out of lane and our Cait did not harass at all.  Vayne had an easy time and was just an unstoppable beast late.

You know what's also super, when your first and second pick both instalock mid champs.  Swain just did nothing top.

Game 8-9:

ALL BOW BEFORE THE SLUT UNICORN DEMI-GOD OF ASSISTS.

Vlad romped.  He had like an 11 minute warmogs.  Even with that misguided build, he was dominant.

Corki played rather solid.  We were up against a tricky kill lane of Blitz/Xin.  Blitz was solid.  Guy hit a lot of pulls.  Caught me a couple times.  Mumu was pretty awful, but it didn't matter.  All 3 carries were playing well.  

Only reason this game went on for so long is that Jax dc'd for about 10 minutes mid game.  Team was hyper aggressive, so I had to really save a lot of ass.   Probably my best Soraka game of the bunch, but the team made it pretty easy.

Double Shurelia's with Vayne and Sejuani = no one gets away.  Ever.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 02:22:36 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #36 on: April 09, 2012, 03:18:29 PM

Soraka gets so boring though :(
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #37 on: April 09, 2012, 03:41:12 PM

I am convinced that the lower your Elo, the more the matchmaker tries to set you up with the shittiest players who are also shitty human beings. The level of skill on the opposing team is almost always of a higher quality than my own team and my team is full of complete shitcocks.

Rasix

Reply #38 on: April 09, 2012, 03:42:31 PM

Yah, she's pretty boring.  Horrendously designed champ.  Her only downside is lack of CC.   

I tend to pick her because I have no faith in my bot lane partner not being a complete moron.   Other support either require your bot lane to be competent in avoiding harass in a non-sustain lane, or require a level of coordination that just won't be there.

Oddly enough, with the amount of sustain nerfs that have gone in, they've just made Soraka's sustain that much more powerful.  She can't heal stupid, but she'll handle most harass like a champ and win you that bot lane. 

-Rasix
Rasix

Reply #39 on: April 09, 2012, 04:00:19 PM

I am convinced that the lower your Elo, the more the matchmaker tries to set you up with the shittiest players who are also shitty human beings. The level of skill on the opposing team is almost always of a higher quality than my own team and my team is full of complete shitcocks.

The lower my ELO dips, the worse the teams are.

These points I mentioned earlier, just seem to get out of control:

- No one wards.  At all.  Not even support unless you're playing it.
- It seems like a good quarter of the people I'm playing know one or two champs, and that's it. 
- No one counter picks.  They have a champ and role in mind, and, fuck you, I'm first picking Nasus.
- It's hyper, hyper aggressive, especially bot lane.  Fuck CSing, TRADE TRADE TRADE.

People go apeshit when they don't get their lane or champ.  The Sejuani in my last game was yelling at the enemy Malph the entire game for picking Malph.  I even told her that it was a good likelihood that Malph would get picked because we just had a dodge and someone on my team was all "I PLAY MALPH JUNGLE".

If you're naming your champ and lane before the bans are even done, perhaps you need to broaden your horizons. I can see if you're comfortable in a lane, but if you're only comfortable in one fucking lane, maybe you should learn how to counter pick it. 

And man, if you can't get your lane, thems the breaks.  Unless you're first pick every time, get used to disappointment.  Not everyone wants to play support because 5th pick is "MID OR FEED".

-Rasix
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #40 on: April 09, 2012, 04:22:27 PM

None of what you described sounds like any fun.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: April 09, 2012, 04:32:54 PM

Ranked often isn't fun because people take it "seriously".
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #42 on: April 09, 2012, 07:08:59 PM

Yeah, this. Also, a veritable shitton of the players I've seen in ranked are TERRIBLE TERRIBLE players - and I say this as someone who is a terrible player compared to most of the people I've played against in ranked. But because they are in ranked, they seem to think they are somehow decent players and certainly better than anyone else. Which always makes me want to go "I'm sub-1000 ELO, fuckface. You didn't get in this game with me by being GOOD."

Rasix

Reply #43 on: April 10, 2012, 09:50:23 AM

I don't mind people take playing seriously or going into tryhard mode (always on for me). I do mind when they take everything that happens along with losing super seriously.  I suppose I get the rage if I put myself in the shoes of a teenager or early college student (I'm not sure I was that much better 15 years ago), but mostly the behavior is inexcusable.  Just because there's a visible number attached, doesn't mean you need to be a complete cockhole about every little thing.

It's hard to reconcile just how touchy everything is with how much worse the play is overall.  The quality of play of my normal draft games are a lot higher.  This also may be a result of my normal draft games having a lot more built in cooperation due to all of the premades present.  However, I do think my normal "hidden" elo is currently maybe a 100 or so points higher.

Yeah, this. Also, a veritable shitton of the players I've seen in ranked are TERRIBLE TERRIBLE players - and I say this as someone who is a terrible player compared to most of the people I've played against in ranked. But because they are in ranked, they seem to think they are somehow decent players and certainly better than anyone else. Which always makes me want to go "I'm sub-1000 ELO, fuckface. You didn't get in this game with me by being GOOD."

You have your moments.

But then again.. you also have your moments.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 09:52:12 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Rasix

Reply #44 on: April 10, 2012, 10:17:14 AM

Soraka Again.. ZZZZZZ

I didn't really want to play her, but I felt like she's a viable counter pick to Lulu.  Your silence is longer range than her CC and shield (not worried about that Q, honestly), and you can out sustain her aggression pretty easy.  The only annoying part in the lane was waiting for MF's heal debuff to wear out while your AD carry is polymorphed. Soraka + Graves = massive lane bully.

The Graves, while dominant, was a gigantic asshole.

I could swear his name sounds familiar.  Sounds like a name someone here would use.  Better not be.  Shaking fist  Not only did he pull that crap in champ select, along with saying "support me Rasix, like the bitch you are", he trolled the team the entire game.   I'm not sure what his deal was, I think he's either playing on someone's account or purposely dropped ELO. His top ELO isn't too much higher, but his recent game history is absurd.   In games previous to mine, he's duo queuing with a 1510 ELO player.  So, yah, something's up.

Free win bonus, free elo, 20 minutes only, went and played ME3 afterwards.   Just didn't feel like getting that asshole in my games again.

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #45 on: April 10, 2012, 11:26:21 AM

To be fair to my moments, that team we played against was SUPER shitty. I absolutely ABUSED that Singed early on and got rolling. My typical ranked game I'm usually up against someone who lanes the fuck out of me or feasts on me like it's Thanks-goddamn-giving.

Rasix

Reply #46 on: April 11, 2012, 10:19:16 AM

Next time someone talks about their drug habits in chat, I need to dodge.  8/6/5 Vayne complaining how the game of her life was wasted.  Plus, this is one of the only times that I've seen a Vayne become less scary over time.

-Rasix
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: April 11, 2012, 11:10:35 AM

Posting just to say that I am enjoying reading this.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: April 11, 2012, 03:13:11 PM

Hell! I befriended Rasix last night because it's so fun to read!

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #49 on: April 11, 2012, 07:38:00 PM

I dusted off Soraka in honor of this thread.

2-0-22 did not disappoint.
Rasix

Reply #50 on: April 12, 2012, 12:52:28 AM

LOSING STREAK.. HO

Game 1:

I won my lane like a boss in this game.  If I would have taken ignite, I probably would have had another 3-4 kills.  Fucking Lee Sin was ping ponging all over the place. Guy would not hard engage at all.  Anytime he got low, PING PONG, SHIELD, REGEN, here comes their jungler.  As is, I zoned him pretty bad, out farmed him by a lot, but in the end it was for nothing.

Vayne, as you can see by the clever name, was a stoner.  At one point she was apparently "tripping balls" and had to base for a few minutes.  8/6 was the game of her life as well, and we wasted it.  Ohhhhh, I see.  Like I said earlier, I've never seen a Vayne get less scary as a game goes on, but this one managed to.  Some how all kills and all farm on the other team went to their 2 carries.  Made life a bit miserable in team fights.  I really needed to get a Randuin's but Fizz was gibbing folks as well.  

Skarner was terrible. He just blew up in team fights. Ahri got pooped on mid.  It was a solid loss, we mostly got outplayed.

Game 2:

No picture, I was too frazzled. I got fucking worked.  0/4/0 Lee Sin top.  Half of the farm.  Lost my lane hard.  About lvl 2 Xin Zhao just jumped on me, and I had no answer.  We lost something like 2-20+.  So I wasn't alone in getting slammed.

In retrospect, I could have started cloth 5.  Played cautiously early.  Perhaps, leveled cripple for when he jumped in or been better with safeguard.  I'm not sure it would have mattered: every lane lost hard, I got outplayed, and our jungler did nothing but die.

Game 3:

THIS IS WHY YOU BAN SHACO. This is also why you don't capitulate to assholes that only want to "tank" and "play Naut" and then lock in and say "top" when you were supposed to go top.  Fucking trolls.  Don't know why I picked Lulu without knowing my lane partner, but I had to choose fast.  

For a guy that managed first blood, he was terrible.   He did nothing and Lee / Shaco abused him hard.  Shaco was just everywhere.

This Graves was awful.  So passive.  So dumb.  I hear Shaco.  I ping to go back.  I hear Shaco drop more boxes.  I toss a ward onto the bush with Shaco in it and his clone out.  Graves rambos into that shit.  We get the kill, but Ashe cleans us up.

Game 4:

We were winning this one hard.  I had Garen owned.  Every lane was winning.  Karthus (last pick, not pictured) was just rolling.  Then Karth dcs at lvl 9 and never comes back.  We held on for a long time and even pushed down an inhib.

So, a possible 20 minute win turns into a loss.  Sucks.  Their Anivia was a complete troll, but she could contribute CC, some damage and an extra warm body.  

The Shyvana, while good, made some really awful calls at the end that lead to getting caught over extended and eventually pushed down.  Riven got reasonably fed and was just too much.  Their bot ended up being a GP/Karma.  So no ranged AD, but we still had trouble initiating and a late game GP is kinda nasty.  

In the end, it's just a 4v5, and you don't usually win those.  If maybe Lulu dc'd, we could win, but not with the fed AP mid gone.

Game 5:

Virtually identical score as last game.  Olaf does not really work well v. Vlad.  I first picked Kass for someone else and decided I wanted Olaf, before seeing the Vlad.  Then after seeing the Vlad, and having someone on my team say "you sure about that?", I STILL WENT OLAF.  Really, I could have gone Kennen or maybe Rumble.   My Kennen is awful, and I haven't played Rumble in forever.

Early levels were OK, but once he hit 6, my ass was zoned. Once his cooldowns get better, you just can't trade anymore.  I got zero ganks.  All game.  OHH WELL. I still did fine.  Built intelligently and did a lot of damage in team fights.  

We won with no farm.  AD Lulu + Warwick + Kassadin is a hell of a lot of guaranteed kills.  Just a ton of damage once we got in.  WW got fed really early and was a terror all game.   Kassadin played kind of dumb and got caught a lot, but he's Kassadin.  You expect that level of hubris from someone that finally gets to play Kassadin.

Ohh, and triple AP with support Ryze is just a little weak early game.  Heh.

-Rasix
Rasix

Reply #51 on: April 12, 2012, 08:58:18 AM

Just a quick look at my stats shows the following:

Win/loss in role:

Top: 3-7
Mid: 1-5
Support: 6-3
Bot: 0-1
Jungle: 2-1

This is showing that I'm either best when I'm playing a mostly support role and enabling my teammates or that I've just had a bad run in solo lanes.   My Ryze results are really, really odd.  I've had mostly good games with him or games where at least I'm not the issue.  But I just don't win.  I also think I get a bit of tunnel vision when I'm in lane and don't attempt to make plays in other lanes.  To be fair to myself, farm is important. But without good wards or good map sense, a MIA opponent will start getting kills and changing the game more than some guy that's getting a hefty CS lead.   I've done 2 "first time" top lanes, which probably isn't something I should do in ranked, but who knows if I'll ever get the role I want in a normal.

This also might be showing that a lot of players aren't really comfortable with support or just aren't good at it.  When I take a solo lane, they're usually relegated to support or another role they are not use to.  When playing support, they often do not do the things you need to do in order to win games.  In particular, the ward coverage is very poor.  They also seem a bit lost in team fights.   Additionally, guys that reluctantly jungle, usually end up feeding like crazy.  Fuck, you don't have to gank all of the time.  And for god's sake, stop counter jungling when you have no vision.

Champ bucket (comfortable with):

Olaf, Soraka, GP, Yorick (I think I can play him), Ryze (CAN'T WIN), Taric, Nunu, Lulu, Irelia, Udyr, Caitlyn.  

Reluctant to use: Rumble, Kennen, Swain, Gragas, Wukong, Urgot, Blitz, Alistar, Noct, Jax, Sion, Singed.   Really rusty with these champs.  Some are hard to play with unorganized teams.

Would love to work in some:  Karthus, Poppy, Anivia (I might suck too bad with her), Twisted Fate (ditto), Lee Sin (double ditto), Shen,  Teemo

I'd really like to work in some more mids, but I haven't been able to mid in the last 10 games.  That's usually the one role that some jerk on your team is going to throw a shit fit if they don't get it.  For top, I need to work in an AP just to have some better success against other AP tops and fucking Garen.  Even if I beat Garen in lane, I tend to lose.  Garen scales well into end game at this level because no one builds armor other than fucking thornmail.  

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #52 on: April 12, 2012, 09:10:24 AM

I think the problem with support is that since no one wants to fucking play it, the person usually stuck with it is either last pick and annoyed at having to play it, or the only guy who didn't pick another role and is reluctantly playing it anyway. Whenever I've done support, it hasn't been my first choice but because I didn't say I wouldn't do it, I got stuck with it. I am really bad about not warding. Other people are fucking CLUELESS about warding, as in they have no idea where to put them and don't ever bother to do it anyway. I have to train myself to do more wards, better last hitting and less "FREEDOMMMMM!!!!!" charges.

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: April 12, 2012, 10:41:38 AM

I enjoy playing support because if you are motivated you can actually feel like you make a difference.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: April 13, 2012, 01:45:28 AM

Or totally worthless when the yorick/shen combo go 41/0/45 together.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #55 on: April 13, 2012, 08:11:09 AM

I think my best win % in ranked is Sona, and I'm not even that good with her. I think it just has a lot to do with warding and not giving up bad deaths.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Rasix

Reply #56 on: April 13, 2012, 09:18:27 AM

I think my best win % in ranked is Sona, and I'm not even that good with her. I think it just has a lot to do with warding and not giving up bad deaths.

This is probably why I'm 6-1 with Soraka.  My lane DOES NOT GET GANKED. Plus, I'm in back, so I don't eat a lot of deaths due to an aggressive support initiating on to me.

Also, Soraka provides a high amount of idiot insurance.  You can save a lot of morons that aren't dodging skill shots, going in for bad exchanges, or just plain ignoring your retreat pings  (jungler inc, moron).  Plus, you can back up a lot of ballsy play from your AD or jungler.  I don't even think I'm going to take flash with her anymore.  Dunno, still thinking on it.  CV/heal too stronk!  But there are a few situations where flash saves my bacon or where a flash/silence actually has merit.  

The problem is, as mentioned, is that a kill lane that makes it to late game is going to out-scale you by a ton.  

-Rasix
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: April 13, 2012, 09:44:06 AM

The one thing I like about Soraka is that you don't really need to synergise with your lane partner. I'd definitely ditch the flash.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: April 13, 2012, 09:48:11 AM

As a jungler, I say don't ditch the flash. I make a living off, and terrorizing, those who don't have escapes. Soraka with her silence and all.

I play a pretty aggressive Sona, but if I get an idiot bot with me I start leveling up the heal big time.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Rasix

Reply #59 on: April 13, 2012, 11:24:43 AM

TOP AND FEED

Game 1:
I'm really having a rough go of it lately up top.  

Yep, just got wailed on.  I haven't played against a Tryndamere in FOREVER.  This all got out of hand when I got in a lvl 2 fight with him, got exhausted,  and then got baited by his heal.  And I forgot to ignite..  Facepalm

Bot didn't fare much better.  Amumu wouldn't surrender because "Lux is getting fed".  Great, so she'll be able to wombo-combo one person and then stand around and do nothing.  No help at all, just them bitching.  Lux just went bot for free kills, while Malz farmed up and got kills of his own.    It was a stomp, so I don't feel that awful, but I don't like getting owned this hard.

Game 2:

Palette cleanser.  

Hat pinged me toward the end of the previous game, so we decided to duo a normal draft.  After about 3 or 4 dodges we get a game that goes through.  I first pick monkey, just because I hadn't played monkey in forever.  In a previous game I was going to play Rumble, but didn't feel like going triple AP (we knew the last pick was going to be jungle Fizz).   Plus, FP Rumble.. I dunno.

I beat Irelia pretty soundly and mostly on my own.  Bot lane needed a lot of help and with Wu's escapes, I was doing OK.   Even more than the kills, I forced Irelia out of lane a lot.  Pushing your lane post 6 with Wukong's ult is not smart.   I never really felt pressured or in danger in lane.

We were up big at the start, but a bad fight at dragon led to an early ace and a lot of kills going to Irelia/Graves.  We recovered.

Team fights went really well and we just out pushed them.  Hat was right, that Lux really did nothing but farm.  Total non factor.

It was a fun game, but a lot closer than it needed to be.  It didn't feel like we'd lose at any point, but if we had a bad fight, it was certainly possible.  

Game 3:

I got camped.  Looking at their match histories, the WW/Noct were a duo queue.  Even with oranges, I really had no shot.   I had one derpy play early on, where I was lining up an ult for bot lane and then got jumped on by WW and Noct.   I think I could have won this lane, but even mid would join in the ganks.  Having a Karthus on the other team and WW in lane kind of skewed my build badly, and I think I should have just gone a standard wriggles build first with the merc treads, instead of rushing the hexdrinker.  

Got outplayed and that Noct was a beast.  He got a quadra at the end to seal it.  

My first time against a WW top, and I didn't play it right after he hit 6.  But then again, not sure I could have done much against getting camped so hard.

Game 4:

champ select goes somthing like this (I'm first pick):

second pick: I'd like to top.  
me: ok
fourth: I can jungle
me: Ok, I'll mid.  Ryze I think (since I'm first pick on purple)
third pick: lol, no, I'm mid.
me: really?
me: Fuck it, I'll support.

Pro-raka to the rescue.

Ashe was fucking awful, but it didn't matter.  Their Zilean was pretty useless, and .. OOH SHIT, Irelia just killed Garen again while typing this.  I didn't think it's a great matchup for Irelia, but good god, she destroyed.  Even with the questionable Sunfire Cape (imagine her with an atma's on that), she was just a mauler.  She did go a bit ballsy in the late team fights, but luckily I could keep her up.

I didn't go flash here, and it didn't hurt me.  They didn't have a hard initiate with their jungler or really any hard CC in lane.  So, I was fine.  I had a funny moment were Garen tried to kill me after a team fight, but he just ended up escorting me back to tower.  It was their tier 2 bottom tower to our tier 1 and he couldn't do more than take a little HP off (that was quickly healed back). Poor fella must have been feeling crappy at that point.  

We had some good plays with myself and LeBlanc as I was able to heal her up in between her dives and allow her to keep putting a lot of pressure on them.

There was a really odd moment in game where I was holding bottom tower alone for like 5 or so minutes.  They'd rotate people in trying to pressure it down, but I could hold them off with little problems.  But I was effectively out of the main action for a while.  It was pretty weird.

Easy win that went on for far too long, but people don't like to surrender in ranked.  If there's the slightest gleam of light, they'll hold on.

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #60 on: April 13, 2012, 02:28:15 PM

Easy win that went on for far too long, but people don't like to surrender in ranked.  If there's the slightest gleam of light, they'll hold on.

My experience is the exact opposite. The ranked teams I've played with seem ready to surrender after the first death.

Rasix

Reply #61 on: April 16, 2012, 11:02:12 AM

STILL NOT PLAYING WELL

Game 1:

I honestly can't even remember what happened in this game, other than me dying a lot more than I usually do on Soraka.   

I think I remember the end.  They're doing Baron, we attempt to contest.  Everyone focuses Kennen, he pops hourglass, and Vayne kills everyone.  I just remember focus in team fights being very, very poor and the team getting caught a lot in the later parts of the game.  Jax had a very bad early game. 

Game 2:

Problem during this game: 

1.  Mordekaiser got super fed.
2.  Mordekaiser destroys his lane.  Zilean has to switch lanes.
3.  Morde proceeds to fuck every other lane.
4.  Jungler still thought he could solo Morde. 

I did OK in lane.  Got some ganks but Akali got away every time.  Then I got camped and pretty much couldn't do a thing.   It was too risky to CS away from tower and got zoned pretty hard. Died every team fight.   Made a mistake early on where I bought the wrong item and that set me back some. 

That Sona build isn't very helpful. She got shit on all game and ragged on pretty hard from the team.

Just a bad team comp that got worse when Zil and Sona locked at the same time.  Perhaps Zil was picked to counter Akali, but he ended up mid.  Probably should have switched.  Zil's kill were pretty much all suicides aided by his ult.  Zil ulted Zil and pretty much no one else.

Game 3:

BIG SIGH.
Must people be twats before the game has even started? I could tell this game wasn't going to go well.  Trundle was just on everyone at the start.

I had some fun with the 5th pick.  He was crying about mid from the very start of champ select.

So, luckily enough, he wasn't that bad.

The Trundle and Olaf lost this one hard.  Cait positioned very badly in team fights.  Despite early problems with Sion, Ahri turned into quite a force.

Trundle and Olaf got caught ALL of the time.  Trundle thought he could 1v1 everyone, the problem being that Trundle takes forever to kill anyone.  He fed Sion bad early with some really awful gank attempts.

I think this one ended with Trundle trying a fucking retarded Baron steal and getting himself and Olaf dead.  Then it was just a matter of them pushing us down from there.

Game 4:

CCCCCCcccombo breaker.

Played a normal blind with Phry.   After maybe 4 dodges, we finally get a game.  I jungle because no one else will.  No one will play a ranged AD either.  I LOVE BLIND. 

First time WW, so I just played to get the hang of him.  I farmed well and did some OK counter ganks. I was way too passive.

This game was terrible, however.  Malphite had connection problems and probably dc'd 4 times.  Their Ashe ragequit after going O-2 at level 4.  Everyone was raging really hard.  It was fucking obnoxious. 

This is why I hate blind.  There's just so much rage for what should be fairly relaxed. 

Game 5:

Easy?  Yah.  Jungler was kind of a muppet.  He started in turtle.  undecided

Everyone was all over our first pick for choosing Trist.  My only words to Trist: "Hey, don't go hyper aggressive early on.  Wait until I get a few points in heal." She said "ok", listened, and we did.. well.  I kind of wanted to play a different support, but Karthus pick kind of forced my hand.

The other team was just flaming each other to death.  Jungle Wu got a lot of crap.  Karth got a lot of crap (and gave).  Everyone was mad at everyone. Didn't help that our mid and jungle were egging them on.   Hell things were snippy early with our team when Nasus gave up a really early FB.  He had disco'd, not derped.  He came back and did fine.

Kind of needed an easy win.  I did make some decent plays.  I got focused hard in some situations and had to use all my wiles (heals) to keep myself alive  long enough for the cavalry to get around to killing everyone.

-Rasix
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: April 16, 2012, 11:14:26 AM

Going for early/lane dominance can really win you a game in solo queue. Everybody just wants to blame each other.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #63 on: April 16, 2012, 11:31:43 AM

I'm finding the derpiness is strong in normal draft. Got trolled last night in normal draft. After 4 queue dodges, I was just finally glad to get a game. I should have known the guy causing the queue dodging was our first pick because he kept picking the same idiotic list of banned characters. Evelynn... WUT? I mean, it was just a retard list, then he first picks Mundo and proclaims he's jungling. I'm like, ok, but he doesn't have smite so I think maybe he knows more than me since I've never played Mundo. By the 3rd time he got killed, I realized he wasn't just a retard, he was intentionally trolling the game. After he says in all chat that his team sucks, I looked at him and informed him he had no kills and 2 deaths. He says something stupid like "But I bought oracles!" He ended with like 12 deaths, and we surrendered at 20. I think everyone reported him.

Rasix

Reply #64 on: April 16, 2012, 11:43:28 AM

Going for early/lane dominance can really win you a game in solo queue. Everybody just wants to blame each other.

Yah, it's all 90% early game dominance which relies on a lot of hyper aggression and early ganking.  Both facets of the game I don't do that well with.  

It's been difficult adjusting to just how balls deep the top laners at this elo go.  They don't really care about farm, last hitting, countering, builds; they just want to kill you at lvl 2.  And one lane losing badly early on just cascades.   Everyone leaves lane and ganks a ton.  My normal drafts were a bit less chaotic than his.  Might be due to the prevalence of premades in normal draft.

Plus, I don't play enough. I'll willingly admit this.  I like to play mid and top, but there's champs I won't see for weeks or months just because I play 2 games day and half of those are support. I haven't played mid in more than a week.  

-Rasix
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: April 16, 2012, 11:53:11 AM

I found it wasn't that hard to do decent in ranked, just by learning a top jungle character. A good jungler can really dictate how a game turns out, and sure, some idiots will blame the world on you (DUDE I DIED, WHERE WERE YOU?!? FAIL JUNGLE). Overall, you can usually call jungle and get it.

That is if you find jungling fun.... now I read your first post - well, Udyr was my ticket to 1500 ELO. Try to watch Saintvicious play him, or maybe youtube it some. He is what changed me from Tiger Udyr to a way better Phoenix Tank Udyr.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 11:55:55 AM by Slayerik »

Rasix

Reply #66 on: April 17, 2012, 04:36:10 PM

DUDE.

Game 1:
No picture.

Wasn't very interesting.  I decide to be a good guy and play ranged AD so someone else can play top.  

We got stomped.  We were second pick and DID NOT BAN SHACO.  BAN SHACO.  Dude was a terror, even if he wasn't that good.  Team bickered incessantly. Ended up reporting the Veigar.   First pick gave him mid (and went support blitz) and it's not like Veigar isn't easy to counter pick.  Guy didn't lane a single stun.  

The guy that went top apparently runs boots of swiftness everytime on Akali.  OK. "I need to catch up to them".  Isn't that what your fucking ulti is for?  His other most played champ: AD TF (which he seems to be actually good at, might want to let him bot next time).  

We just got beat.  We were able to zone and deny bot pretty easy, but it didn't matter because they'd just fall back to tower, and then we'd be easy prey for Shaco

Game 2:

Just a bizarre series of events that led to a very strange game.

1. 3rd pick on our team really wants to play Soraka.  
2. I pick Soraka for him if he'll pick me Ryze (or another mid).  
3. He picks Ryze and we complete champ select.  
4.  I initiate trade and he doesn't trade in time.  

So, I'm a little dismayed at this.  Upon entering game, we get the message that he had reconnected.  I start buying my support items, and then he says he'll support anyways.  I notice at this time that I'm still running my AD masteries/runes from last game.  OOOPS.  Nothing like the power of 76 AD bananas.

Game isn't going well, we're getting beat up.  Everyone is losing their lane and jungle Mundo is making questionable plays.  Oh, and I forgot to mention: NO ONE BANNED SHACO AGAIN.  So, Shaco's just killing the shit out of everyone.  I think at one point we're down like 26/10 before we win a team fight and you could feel  like we're starting to get back into it.  

I have to redo my entire item build.  Luckily I hadn't gone too far down the AP Soraka path.  The problem is my masteries/runes and lack of GP items has killed my gold intake.   Bot starts doing a lot better.  Wards help, but we had to go wardless for a little while so I could get my gp10 items.

We start heavily forcing fights, both at baron and dragon.  We tend to win these.  Despite their lead in kills, we're out pushing them, our farming, and getting objectives.  Just a crazy game.  

I have no idea what the hell is up with that Ashe build. At least our team build ok and recovered from the role swap.  Ryze rushed the wrong things but he did fine and was able to get some really good snares.  

Just a weird game, I could hardly believe we won, even when the nexus went down.  Shaco was pissed.  I'd be pissed too if I lost to a team with only one positive k/d player.  

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #67 on: April 17, 2012, 05:45:25 PM

I've found the same thing with Shaco lately. He's like the first guy to ban, unless you are already banning Morgana with the first pick. If either of those two are available and you have first pick, you take them. Otherwise, you ban those motherfuckers with the quickness.

Rasix

Reply #68 on: April 26, 2012, 10:29:40 PM

So, sorry for the lack of updates but I've been pretty busy. Son started school, Hecarim patch made everything really buggy as hell, I needed to finish ME3, D3 beta, I got mega sick, and now I'm going to be off to Israel in a week.

This game, however, was interesting:

Team Tryhard v. Team Support.

They all had heal and revive.   Popcorn I was top lane v. a Janna and Taric.  Luckily I picked probably the best 2v1 champ in Gangplank, and they were kind of idiots. They pushed the lane instead of freezing it.  Granted their strategy going into the game wasn't any more complex than "LOLOLOLOL", but seriously, they just let me hang at tower.   I went Oranges first, which was a must here.  Every time I stepped out to CS I got stunned, slowed and jumped on.  Luckily it was an easy lane to gank for Warwick since only Zilean on their team did any damage.  So, basically I had to hang on for dear life, while everyone had fun killing the shit out of supports.

They did it wrong too.  But I guess AD Soraka is funnier than the legit AP Soraka.  AD Taric would have been rad. 

Still, team fights and getting caught were fun. SO MUCH HEALING.  SO MUCH CC. 

Since the client is still buggy.. that end score was 36/8 at 21 minutes with a manamune Corki going 13/0/9.  To quote Alistar, "I don't think this worked so well for them."

I haven't played a lot of ranked, I think my last 3 ranked games were 1 jungle Udyr loss and SURPRISE 2 Soraka wins.  Heh, I'm 10 and 3 with the banana flinger.   My jungle is AWFUL.  I not enough map awareness and still just not enough reps. 

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #69 on: April 27, 2012, 09:07:30 AM

That's got to be a troll team. AD Soraka? WTF? And all Doran's on Taric? Really? There's no fucking way those guys thought that'd be viable against humans... did they?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  The f13 Radicalthon  |  Topic: TOP OR I FEED, A LoL story.  
Jump to: