Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:14:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Scrolls of Resurrection 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scrolls of Resurrection  (Read 33105 times)
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #35 on: March 15, 2012, 05:28:16 AM

That cost depends entirely on the server and the market.  You're not doing that on my home server of Alleria.  I went looking to make some of the shaman runes on my scribe and stacks of old herbs cost at least as much as the cata herbs.  I was trying to make indigo ink and a stack of Khadgar's cost 50g.  Meanwhile Cinderbloom was selling for 20g/ stack min.

It was cheaper to buy the Cata herbs then trade for ink than it was to even attempt to buy enough. Crazy, eh?

You need ~2,280 total herbs to level-up inscrip.  At 20g/ stack that's at least 2,280.  You're not getting 114 stacks of any single herb off the AH and certainly not all at that price so your cost is going to be much higher.  We'll even call the parchment cost as trivial.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: March 15, 2012, 06:49:26 AM

It was cheaper to buy the Cata herbs then trade for ink than it was to even attempt to buy enough. Crazy, eh?

Exactly. That's not alchemy, you don't actually need the expensive tbc/wotlk/vanilla herbs that someone is selling for crazy prices. Just get cinderbloom from the chinease and trade down :)

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #37 on: March 15, 2012, 07:34:18 AM

Which ones, the Deepholm ones? Ugh, yeah, they're still mandatory if you want shoulder enchants.  Blame Blizzard for not making the damn things bind-to-account.  Everyone has to see the glory of the FULL FUCKING ZONE.  swamp poop

I'm kinda surprised they never made those BoA like the WotLK ones eventually were.

God Save the Horn Players
FieryBalrog
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: March 15, 2012, 09:16:31 AM

I'm waiting on that day, I took my alt through Deepholm and leveled my main after him without ever going through it so now I'll never have shoulder enchants unless I sit through the whooooole thing again.

Silly.
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: March 15, 2012, 02:47:43 PM

Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: March 15, 2012, 03:02:49 PM

Which ones, the Deepholm ones? Ugh, yeah, they're still mandatory if you want shoulder enchants.  Blame Blizzard for not making the damn things bind-to-account.  Everyone has to see the glory of the FULL FUCKING ZONE.  swamp poop

I'm kinda surprised they never made those BoA like the WotLK ones eventually were.

On the other hand, Deepholm was not an 'optional' zone. It was the only level 82-83 zone in the Cata progression, so they did not need to account for players that ran zone B instead of Deepholm. It's also the only Cata reputation worth getting to revered/exalted at this point, since every other faction reward is out-paced easily by 4.3 dungeons. Still annoying to have to do the zone, especially since you don't get out of Hated and into friendly until you're almost done. My point is that I can see the reason why they didn't feel like it was as necessary to do as the WotLK ones: it's a zone most people will do anyway, and you'd get to exalted pretty fast by wearing the tabard since none of the other reps are worth working on at this point.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #41 on: March 15, 2012, 03:06:31 PM

It is totally optional, if you have rested xp you can easily skip the entire zone with a couple dungeons on top of one of the starter zones. It is also the least fun zone out of the 5 (subjectively speaking of course) and unlike the other factions you have to do the whole quest chain for the entire zone all the way through to even get access to the tabard. It is probably the worst bit of design in the leveling content.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: March 15, 2012, 03:14:39 PM

I know that you can skip it (I did on two characters and had to come back at 85 for the rep), but it's not the same as WotLK where another zone entirely shared the same leveling ranges. Deepholm is more 'mandatory' than Dragonblight or Blade's Edge Mountain. The game doesn't encourage you to skip it or pretend that other options are equally beneficial for your character (which is what happened with Hyjal for players that did Vashj'ir instead). You can still skip it, but most people don't because it's the only 82-83 leveling zone. I'm not saying they shouldn't have made the shoulder enchants BoA (they should have), but it's not as big of an inconvenience for most players as the WoTLK shoulder reps were.

Subjectively I think Uldum is worse as a zone. I could barely stomach the Harrison Jones quest the first character I leveled to 85, and I haven't touched the quests in the zone on any subsequent characters.
FieryBalrog
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: March 15, 2012, 03:24:01 PM

I got to 85 on my main by doing only Hyjal, Uldum and dungeons.

On my rogue, by doing Vashj'r and Deepholm and Uldum, and almost no dungeons. Vashj'r alone got me to 83 actually because I did the entire zone-long chain.

None of the zones are really required bar 1 intro zone and 1 other zone to help you fill out.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #44 on: March 15, 2012, 05:09:57 PM

I just got my mage to 85 yesterday be doing half (maybe a bit more) of Hyjal and dungeons. My wife is 84.5 from the same. Our war and Hunter are both 83 purely from dungeons.

That's largely because we enjoy questing together, but she's fine with me running her characters through dungeons, so this way I've been allowed to play my warrior. Later we'll go through the quests as 85s, because just running dungeons is a bit empty as far as entertainment goes..

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #45 on: March 15, 2012, 05:17:04 PM

The shaman I rolled skipped DH without exclusively running dungeons.  A guild with 10% xp, two heirlooms and rest xp plust one BRC and one Deepholm run got me to 83 before completing Hyjal.  I jumped right to Udlum because I'm so sick of DH.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #46 on: March 15, 2012, 07:18:50 PM

You can still skip it, but most people don't because it's the only 82-83 leveling zone.

Most people don't because of the stupid shoulder enchants, not because of the level range. You might as WELL slog through that boring, terrible place because like it or not, you'll have to eventually. I'm willing to bet everyone goes to Hyjal at 80 now for the same reason.

Shit, even when Cataclysm was brand new, I skipped the bulk of that zone on my character. I got about halfway through, decided I fucking hated that place, and took off and never looked back. I have no idea what level I was, but it didn't hinder my progress in the least. Luckily, she was a scribe, so it wasn't a big deal that I did that.

EDIT: I still have an active account if people want Doomhammer (Alliance) or Moon Guard (Horde), by the way. :P
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 07:21:36 PM by Sjofn »

God Save the Horn Players
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: March 15, 2012, 07:22:13 PM

I'd rather a scroll that goes 60-85 than one that goes 1-80.

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #48 on: March 15, 2012, 09:19:20 PM

I'm Alliance as well. My horde characters are level ...40? and 1.

Paelos and I hang out all the time.

Facepalm

We'd probably get on just fine in person or in-game. Shit, we haven't even been unpleasant to one another on here for a few years now. Heart

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #49 on: March 15, 2012, 09:22:23 PM

I'd rather a scroll that goes 60-85 than one that goes 1-80.

Merusk makes a pretty good point. A couple of Heirlooms (or all 4 xp ones), plus guild exp bonus and the levels just fly past. Add rested and you can casually gain a level or two every time you play just by doing a LFG instance or three every few days. I blinked and my hunter went from 68-71 with three instances and the cooking/fishing quests in one non-catass session.

FieryBalrog
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: March 15, 2012, 11:56:17 PM

It's fast, but it's not QUITE as fast as that for me (I wish it was, I hate and have always hated leveling, especially the 2nd time).

I'm in the exact same level range and without rested a dungeon gives me 1/4 to 1/3 of an XP bar. Which is still great. Took me about 15 quests in Northrend and 2 dungeons to get from 68 to 69 unrested today.

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #51 on: March 16, 2012, 12:41:47 AM

My hunter was already partway through 68, 4x +exp heirlooms, guild bonus, full rested. Plus the dungeon quests clocking over from TBC dungeons to wotlk ones.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #52 on: March 16, 2012, 06:57:41 AM

We'd probably get on just fine in person or in-game. Shit, we haven't even been unpleasant to one another on here for a few years now. Heart

Very true. I save most of my time being unpleasant to Rokal now.  awesome, for real

And also Ingmar when he's being ridiculous.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
FieryBalrog
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: March 16, 2012, 07:44:34 AM

My hunter was already partway through 68, 4x +exp heirlooms, guild bonus, full rested. Plus the dungeon quests clocking over from TBC dungeons to wotlk ones.
Yeah, that explains it. I have 1 xp heirloom and no guild bonus =( and ran out of rested xp.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #54 on: March 16, 2012, 08:58:31 AM

Even if you hate people the XP bonus is worth joining one of those spam-invite guilds for, as is Mass-Rezz if you can find a L-25 guild.  Nobody says you have to interact with anyone and it's as easy to turn of the guild channel as any other.

FieryBalrog
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: March 16, 2012, 11:37:01 AM

All my alts are in a guild with 4 friends. Most of it is one friend playing his 10 lvl 85s. About to get HASTY HEARTH can't wait  awesome, for real

My main is already 85 in a dinky level 25 guild that does mediocre normal-mode raiding.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #56 on: March 16, 2012, 11:47:53 AM

So then none of you actually play together, or else your guild should be high enough to give you more bonuses.  My horde characters on Zul'jin are in a guild of people who've been together since Everquest.  There's only been 4 people playing since the guild stuff was patched-in and they're a level 21 guild because they regularly get together and do old raids or instances (I make person #5 if I'm ever on there.. which isn't often.)

So I'd ask myself at this point why are you all in a level 7 guild that's being advanced ever so slowly since you all don't group vs. using a shared chat channel while leeching off of another guild's higher level perks plus free repairs.

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #57 on: March 16, 2012, 03:48:10 PM

what. the. fuck?

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #58 on: March 16, 2012, 03:59:55 PM

what. the. fuck?

It's a solid example of why Blizzard putting in the guild system was one of their dumber ideas.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: March 16, 2012, 04:02:36 PM

Oh come on.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #60 on: March 16, 2012, 04:03:23 PM

Oh come on.

It was dumb. I've been against it since day one.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: March 16, 2012, 04:05:15 PM

The implementation leaves something to be desired (guild rep  Shaking fist) but the entire system being a bad idea?

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #62 on: March 16, 2012, 04:19:51 PM

The implementation leaves something to be desired (guild rep  Shaking fist) but the entire system being a bad idea?

Yep. All it does is open doors for people who were happy with their guild to suddenly be unhappy with their guild.

Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: March 16, 2012, 04:29:39 PM

Or in my case it gave me a bunch of nice perks for being in a guild and playing with other people. I think it was a pretty great addition to the game, and i'm looking forward to more guild levels/perks in MoP.

My guild in DDO has three people in it total. We level the guild at a snail's pace, but it's hardly game-breaking and I'd still rather have the option of slowly gaining the perks than not having perks in the game at all. Guild perks encourage you to join a guild, which is almost entirely a positive thing for both developers and players in MMOs.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: March 16, 2012, 04:30:32 PM

Yeah, it also drove us to do some fun stuff as a group that would probably otherwise never have been organized in the first place.

Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: March 16, 2012, 05:53:21 PM

My guild has a decent amount of people (20-ish), but most of us are super-uber-casual -- like "can't play more than 30min at a time and 2hrs per week tops" casual, and there's rarely more than two of us online at any time (you need 3+ for guild dungeon runs). Our guild is still sitting at level 7, despite being around since launch. It didn't help that our hardcore segment did all the leveling in the first few weeks after Cata launched when the guild XP-per-week cap was much lower... and then almost everyone stopped playing  awesome, for real

We could probably level the guild faster by doing 2v2 arena (it's fairly common to see 2 people online), but meh.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #66 on: March 16, 2012, 06:00:09 PM

I've gone round and round on the guild thing before. I've never liked it and I never will. The game worked just fine without it, and I think it's less effective with it in place. Needless to say we can add it to the laundry list of things that Rokal and Ingmar disagree with me on.

FieryBalrog
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: March 16, 2012, 10:26:19 PM

So then none of you actually play together, or else your guild should be high enough to give you more bonuses.  My horde characters on Zul'jin are in a guild of people who've been together since Everquest.  There's only been 4 people playing since the guild stuff was patched-in and they're a level 21 guild because they regularly get together and do old raids or instances (I make person #5 if I'm ever on there.. which isn't often.)

So I'd ask myself at this point why are you all in a level 7 guild that's being advanced ever so slowly since you all don't group vs. using a shared chat channel while leeching off of another guild's higher level perks plus free repairs.
It's mostly that 1 friend (let's call him Alan) playing a shit ton like I said. Me and 2 people were unsubbed for about half of Cata, and another friend is perpetually subbed forever but basically just likes to fish and help out once in a while (seriously, he's Blizzard's perfect customer, annual pass, buys all mounts and pets, busy with job all the time).

So in terms of group activities, yeah. It's pretty much since I resubbed running a few dungeons and doing 2v2 arena a lot. Guild leveling "shot up" thanks to that.

As for the shared chat channel thing, I've been for it since day 1 and that's what we do because my main is now in a small level 25 guild so I can actually raid regularly. We used to join a bigger guild together way before guild leveling or perks ever existed, but ever since BC Alan likes his one man army guild and running the guild bank and everything. And tbh it is nice in a way to set all your own rules and mooch off his all-maxed professions  Heart
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 10:37:45 PM by FieryBalrog »
FieryBalrog
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: March 16, 2012, 10:37:53 PM

Even if you hate people the XP bonus is worth joining one of those spam-invite guilds for, as is Mass-Rezz if you can find a L-25 guild.  Nobody says you have to interact with anyone and it's as easy to turn of the guild channel as any other.
Yeah, but I always have a feeling like I should be contributing and getting to know people if I'm in a guild. =/
there's rarely more than two of us online at any time (you need 3+ for guild dungeon runs).
Yeah, that's also a problem for us. 3 people are on pretty regularly but usually only 2 of us will want to do a heroic at a given time.
Gorky
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: March 22, 2014, 12:44:20 PM

Does anyone still have a scroll of resurrection to hand out? I am unlikely to want a server transfer, but will probably sign up for atleast a month to have a look around Cataclysm zones assuming the scroll will still give a free upgrade to Cataclysm. Will PM my email id to the first person to PM me.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Scrolls of Resurrection  
Jump to: