Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:14:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#5 - Playoffs *THE FINAL* 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: S#5 - Playoffs *THE FINAL*  (Read 10151 times)
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: February 07, 2012, 06:59:58 PM

My current play is to play my Goblins and to try and kill the other sides.

I expect this might not make everyone happy, so please let me know in advance if this is the case.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #36 on: February 07, 2012, 07:09:48 PM

If there is a general feeling that i should re roll, then I will. I think I would be happy to change, but to what?

Khemri? Amazons?  or maybe Undead? - their not featured much

I might be one of the few who wouldn't mind Andy keeping his Dark elves... Although losing twice in the finals could have influenced my preference...  why so serious?

Go for it Lamaros, just be ready to lose as many goblins as you hurt others  awesome, for real
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: February 07, 2012, 11:49:07 PM

To be clear, I have no problem with Andy keeping his current team -- after all, it's not every day you get such a well-developped squad, it's not like that should somehow be twisted into a reason to stop playing the team. (It certainly is a good reason for people to start fouling them a lot more though, geez.)
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: February 08, 2012, 03:04:24 AM

My current play is to play my Goblins and to try and kill the other sides.

Not if I kill your goblins first  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: February 08, 2012, 09:35:06 AM

Play what you want to play, Andy.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #40 on: February 08, 2012, 01:18:35 PM

Play what you want to play, Andy.

And by that he means Halflings.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: February 08, 2012, 01:58:18 PM

lol! Well i may then give the Paper Dolls 1 more season, but then i'm going to reroll to something else. I think maybe undead would be a total change. Or i will reroll to them next season, would be different!
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: February 09, 2012, 02:55:02 PM

i'd like to see the talk of a TV cap (at least a soft cap, as in, if you pass it during the season, nighty night at the end) reintroduced, but i don't have super strong feelings about where it ought to be.  ideally under andy's current TV Tantrum
AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: February 09, 2012, 03:11:30 PM

not sure a tv cap is of any use - inducements make up for a lack of skills nicely, they also allow you to tailor your team to your needs. I'd play tv1000 teams without fear. I might even make an UD team and prove it :)

What does a TV cap do other than force you to reroll a team that you clearly love?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #44 on: February 09, 2012, 03:26:23 PM

It also narrows the teams that are truly viable, since some don't start performing well until they get pretty high. Chaos would be an example.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: February 11, 2012, 03:14:56 AM

The only rule that should definitely apply to the main league is the 'f13 games only rule'. tbh I'm not even fussed about the 'max TV for transfer from the feeder' rule. And I'd certainly like to see the 'no transfers from gimmick leagues' rule go away.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: February 12, 2012, 03:08:27 PM

I;d just like to mention that I have never in 3 seasons rolled a double to get a stat up. My luck is atrocious in this game.

Hic sunt dracones.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: February 12, 2012, 03:13:15 PM

I;d just like to mention that I have never in 3 seasons rolled a double to get a stat up. My luck is atrocious in this game.

I have. Then they died.

It's better your way.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #48 on: February 12, 2012, 07:45:52 PM

I saved up 150k in all losses to buy a minotaur who got killed on my second turn.

That one hurt.

drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: February 13, 2012, 11:41:14 AM

my lizards not only have no stat ups, they have a single non-normal skill up Heartbreak  two in their entire history, the other was on a str 1 skink who promptly died.

It also narrows the teams that are truly viable, since some don't start performing well until they get pretty high. Chaos would be an example.
we could set it high enough that a chaos team could dominate for a while - maybe 2000? 
not sure a tv cap is of any use - inducements make up for a lack of skills nicely, they also allow you to tailor your team to your needs. I'd play tv1000 teams without fear. I might even make an UD team and prove it :)

What does a TV cap do other than force you to reroll a team that you clearly love?
a team like the dolls against a team that doesn't have as much careful husbanding/luck (like my poor lizards) is a messy matchup.  at least a cap forces the retirement of teams that are so carefully manicured as to be overwhelming against a fresh team.  i don't believe the dolls are unbeatable, but i do believe your luck thus far with them has bent the probability curve in a direction that at least to me is a bit unfun.

not to take away from your skills as a coach - i'm sure you could be viable and even dominant with a fresh out of the box team.
AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: February 14, 2012, 02:27:07 PM

Thank you  for the compliment. I came to this league initially at the request of Falc, when you guys were short of people. This now isn't the case so I was wondering if now is the time i step away from the league? I know not everyone is my greatest fan and sometimes I feel like I metagame too much for some peoples tastes - when I view it as perfecting a team.

If people think it is time i left and let other F13 players in I would sadly go. Also if, as i have previously said, people wish me to reroll to something else, I can. I view this league as a "fun league" and therefore I would not want to take away from the fun of others deliberately - A point I would do well to remember myself sometimes!

If others think that the dolls are too powerful I wil reroll.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: February 14, 2012, 02:45:38 PM

I would say you do whatever the heck you want regardless.  If my inaugural season here of Blood Bowl has taught me anything, is that anything is possible, and everything is fair, regardless of how unfair it may be.  Sometimes the dice work, sometimes they suck royally.   why so serious?

The Dolls are a magnificent team and a testament to how well the Dark Elfs can be when played well and when they get the right skills.  You shouldn't be penalized or regulated just for playing the game as the game rules allow; rather you should be celebrated for your fine coaching skills and luck of the dice rolls.

If anything, I look forward to the next season in which I'll be playing my serious face and bringing Blackrock and Roll to the big show, and if the Dolls want to return to defend their title again, I hope to the get the chance to take them on myself (no, not again, you know...because that match with the 'flings didn't count  why so serious?)

DRILLING AND MANLINESS
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 02:47:43 PM by luckton »

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #52 on: February 15, 2012, 07:55:07 AM

I'd vote you reroll in the name of fun. I think you've established that you can win with Dark Elves given the 3-peat.

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #53 on: February 19, 2012, 07:37:29 AM

The skillups just make them painful to play against.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#5 - Playoffs *THE FINAL*  
Jump to: