Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:30:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: 1.1 Content Preview: Zombies? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1.1 Content Preview: Zombies?  (Read 23035 times)
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #70 on: February 21, 2012, 07:10:39 AM

So many? I have one ability that needs them to be stunned/incapacitated, and one that needs them to be slowed. They're both pure dps moves, they're not really "good". And in any case neither one works on anything above silver.

This is still a peeve of mine.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #71 on: February 21, 2012, 11:17:32 AM

Yep, two abilities. Both would be high damage / high threat. Given the cooldowns you only have so many viable options as a JK tank if you spec as defense.

Sunder Strike - baseline threat builder / rage building
Cyclone Slash - supposedly the AE tanking move, but its damage is paltry and it doesn't have a threat add
Ripost - when it's up
Force Sweep - I'd like them to add threat to this
Blade Storm - I love this ability talented
Guardian Slash - the cooldown being 15s kinda blows

Then you have hilt strike, the only ability that says it generates high threat, but it's on a 60s cooldown. I have no idea why it's so long.

Because it's a stun, it needs a longer cooldown for PVP. Are you not using regular slash and regular strike? You pretty much need to be using those as filler abilities or your threat is going to be even lower as you won't have the focus to do a move every single time you can.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #72 on: February 21, 2012, 12:37:17 PM

I didn't mention those because strike is basically the JK version of autoattack, and slash shouldn't have to be used it Guardian slash worked correctly.

Also, just remove the damn stun if it fucks up pvp. It's in the damn tanking tree.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: February 21, 2012, 12:47:30 PM

It's concussion blow. The cooldown on it is hardly the problem with our tanking.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #74 on: February 21, 2012, 01:34:05 PM

It's concussion blow. The cooldown on it is hardly the problem with our tanking.

Except it's the only ability with actual reference to threat on it. Smartypants.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: February 21, 2012, 01:43:23 PM

Sure, which theoretically makes it nice for a bit of threat frontloading. Because hilt strike has extra utility beyond threat, making a change to it that forces it into our regular rotation instead of being there as-needed when we need to stun something is a poor idea.

For sustained threat, tacking extra threat onto sundering strike via a talent would be the way to go (we don't want it to apply to all guardians) - it is part of the core rotation so you're hitting it all the time regardless of the situation.

For AE threat, I'm not sure what the answer is, force sweep already does about as much work as one ability should.

Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: February 21, 2012, 02:35:00 PM

To be fair, I don't think any BH/Trooper AoEs have built in extra threat. We just get like 10 of them and most on short or no cooldown.

This is balanced because JK/SW get lightsabers.   awesome, for real
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #77 on: February 21, 2012, 02:39:56 PM

Troopers/BH have a talent that causes Stockstrike/Rocket Punch to come off CD sometimes when we shield an attack. Needless to say when this decides to proc a lot threat becomes no issue. Stockstrike/Rocket Punch crit pretty much every time with talents and actually do pretty good damage in addition to always applying our DOT.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: February 21, 2012, 03:37:58 PM

To be fair, I don't think any BH/Trooper AoEs have built in extra threat. We just get like 10 of them and most on short or no cooldown.

This is balanced because JK/SW get lightsabers.   awesome, for real

It's a lot like prot paladin in TBC, a Vanguard tank kills 3 mobs at about the same speed as they kill 1. They don't kill the one terribly fast, but if you can get 3 or more at once it evens out to be pretty fast overall.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #79 on: February 21, 2012, 08:19:01 PM

Troopers/BH have a talent that causes Stockstrike/Rocket Punch to come off CD sometimes when we shield an attack. Needless to say when this decides to proc a lot threat becomes no issue. Stockstrike/Rocket Punch crit pretty much every time with talents and actually do pretty good damage in addition to always applying our DOT.
I actually get pissy when that talent isn't handing me RPs left and right. Full CD on RP feels like forever after a string of fights with tons of shielding.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: February 21, 2012, 08:30:44 PM

More shield rating!

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #81 on: February 22, 2012, 07:04:27 AM

Do not want to talk end game gearing again.  ACK! I won't even try to put shielding on my lvl 49 crafted stuff til they say they've fixed RE rates ("upcoming patch").

I'm probably close to the cap anyway.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: 1.1 Content Preview: Zombies?  
Jump to: