Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 12:20:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Little Peeves 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Little Peeves  (Read 158016 times)
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #140 on: January 10, 2012, 05:23:54 PM

The companion/loots thing also affects nodes--they have a tendency to stand in the way *just* as I'm about to select the node, having not been there a second before.

Christ, tell me about it. I think Binary is right, they're chasing the cursor ON PURPOSE. Like CATS.

God Save the Horn Players
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #141 on: January 10, 2012, 05:27:44 PM

The companion/loots thing also affects nodes--they have a tendency to stand in the way *just* as I'm about to select the node, having not been there a second before.

Christ, tell me about it. I think Binary is right, they're chasing the cursor ON PURPOSE. Like CATS.

My cats are way more manageable than big ass Khem. They are way worse tanks, however. Cats are more like nature's DPSers.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #142 on: January 10, 2012, 05:48:14 PM

On my consular I am starting to hate having to turn holiday off every time after I get off my speeder. Or when I zone into a place suddenly my bramble wants to mez everyone with holiday dancing.  I hate her, and not in a jealous way.

UnSub
Contributor

Reply #143 on: January 10, 2012, 06:50:02 PM

Why in the hell would you admit to that in public on your own site?

Well, they announced this in the same article:

We were concerned over their making major changes to our engine, but we loved the size of the check that came with the deal.

awesome, for real

It also meant that they didn't have to release Hero's Journey, which is probably in their best interest.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #144 on: January 11, 2012, 05:53:32 AM

They are also going to be getting a ton of production use feedback to roll back into the platform.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Njal
Terracotta Army

Reply #145 on: January 11, 2012, 06:39:15 AM

The game can think you are still in stealth mode occasionally (twice so far). All this does is stop you from using your recovery ability and a relog solves it. Still annoying tho.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #146 on: January 11, 2012, 07:25:15 AM

The wardrobe preview window. I love looking at shit in the AH, and seeing what shit looks like on me. Bonus I can look at my companions in it as well. However, why is it always the lowest rez in that window? If anything, that window should show me all the little details that I see in the cutscenes. I don't mind the lower rez stuff while I play as I am not concentrating on it as much as when I get a new piece of clothing for my virtual dolly. Oh, and why the hell can't I zoom in on the headgear like in character creation? I should be able to mouse scroll wheel back and forth to zoom in and out of my character in that window. (if you can and I have been missing it for a month, then I redact my second question)

Oh and the long standing, WEAPON PREVIEW PLS!

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #147 on: January 11, 2012, 07:34:49 AM

I believe they just checked off "Has preview".

It took LOTRO like 3 years to add zoom, I think it was just as long for wow too. Rift was a bit more clever.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #148 on: January 11, 2012, 07:41:36 AM

I'd really like the option to sell back the piece of armour i mistakenly bought with commendations while trying to preview it.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Terracotta Army

Reply #149 on: January 11, 2012, 08:26:49 AM

I'd really like the option to sell back the piece of armour i mistakenly bought with commendations while trying to preview it.

This too... especially when the god damn light sabre I bought it for OFFHAND only. What the shit is that about? How is it OFFHAND ONLY?   Ohhhhh, I see.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #150 on: January 11, 2012, 08:28:58 AM

This too... especially when the god damn light sabre I bought it for OFFHAND only. What the shit is that about? How is it OFFHAND ONLY?   Ohhhhh, I see.

Your avatar answers that!
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #151 on: January 11, 2012, 10:43:31 AM

It's a left-handed saber.  They have a special grip for comfort.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #152 on: January 11, 2012, 10:47:11 AM

If they stopped using the retarded bind on pickup mechanic then that alone would be a good interim fix - at least you can sell oranges on the market for a decent wedge.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #153 on: January 11, 2012, 10:48:42 AM

I did this for the first time yesterday.   Had a finger-spasm-purchase of some Medium legs for my Jedi Guardian.  Arrg.  Well, maybe some future companion can wear 'em.   Cry
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #154 on: January 11, 2012, 10:49:28 AM

If they stopped using the retarded bind on pickup mechanic then that alone would be a good interim fix - at least you can sell oranges on the market for a decent wedge.

We are going here again, really?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #155 on: January 11, 2012, 11:26:34 AM

I did this for the first time yesterday.   Had a finger-spasm-purchase of some Medium legs for my Jedi Guardian.  Arrg.  Well, maybe some future companion can wear 'em.   Cry

Nope! Unless they're orange, then you could rip the mods out and re-do it for Doc.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #156 on: January 11, 2012, 02:11:48 PM

I love the modular system, and how it all works; but crap all mighty, give me a way to open the mod window on two items at once so I can compare the stats on the mods before I pay 5000cr to pull them out!

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #157 on: January 11, 2012, 02:20:27 PM

If you turn on the fancy tooltips you can see the individual mod details on an item in a tooltip, that helps a lot with that issue.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #158 on: January 11, 2012, 03:01:42 PM

I love the modular system, and how it all works; but crap all mighty, give me a way to open the mod window on two items at once so I can compare the stats on the mods before I pay 5000cr to pull them out!

Turn on the advanced compare? It will expand the mod slots out in the hover windows.

WayAbvPar

Reply #159 on: January 11, 2012, 03:54:49 PM

Why all that stuff is not on by default I will never understand. As terrible as the UI is, there is actually some useful parts that are hidden from new/casual users.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #160 on: January 11, 2012, 03:59:34 PM

Why all that stuff is not on by default I will never understand. As terrible as the UI is, there is actually some useful parts that are hidden from new/casual users.

From what I understand useful features ruin the storyline immersion for some casual players, so they hid them so only the hardcore players would find them if they wanted to.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #161 on: January 11, 2012, 04:01:44 PM

I really do have to give BiowarEA credit for the high quality bollocks they come up with for excuses. It puts Abashi & co. to shame.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #162 on: January 11, 2012, 04:11:37 PM

From what I understand useful features ruin the storyline immersion for some casual players, so they hid them so only the hardcore players would find them if they wanted to.

I think it's just trying to avoid information overload on new players really.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
WayAbvPar

Reply #163 on: January 11, 2012, 04:22:58 PM

Even so, stuff like compare companion's equipment as well as mine should absolutely be a default. It always annoyed me that I had to do it manually until someone here mentioned there was a UI toggle last week. I just assumed it was yet another thing BW fucked up and might patch in later. Turns out they actually thought of it and coded it (good), and then left it as a hidden gem (not good).

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #164 on: January 11, 2012, 06:55:23 PM

Regarding gear comparison, what I want is it to only compare if it's mine (or my companion's) highest tier armor type. So when I mouseover light armor as a Juggernaut (heavy) with Quinn (medium) it shows nothing; if I mouseover heavy it compares to me, and medium to Quinn.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
sam, an eggplant
Terracotta Army

Reply #165 on: January 11, 2012, 07:57:07 PM

I really do have to give BiowarEA credit for the high quality bollocks they come up with for excuses. It puts Abashi & co. to shame.
Please. Abashi was notable for the barely-disguised contempt with which he held endusers. Bioware's CMs are nothing like that.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #166 on: January 11, 2012, 11:30:33 PM

There are roughly 423435643468 different enhancement mods for level 49. Half of them have the same fucking stats as a differently named one. For example, efficient and discipline enhancement 22 both have +22 end, +10 power and +28 surge.

W H Y

God Save the Horn Players
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #167 on: January 11, 2012, 11:47:30 PM

There are 2 level 31 focus items that have the same stats, different names. One takes 210 artifice, one takes 230. I re'd both to blue, with the same name prefix and stats swamp poop

Did this game have a beta test?
Terracotta Army

Reply #168 on: January 12, 2012, 04:13:11 AM

There are roughly 423435643468 different enhancement mods for level 49. Half of them have the same fucking stats as a differently named one. For example, efficient and discipline enhancement 22 both have +22 end, +10 power and +28 surge.

W H Y

I said that in guild chat this past weekend. I really think in this example the surge should have been Alacrity on the efficient one.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #169 on: January 12, 2012, 05:35:14 AM

There are 2 level 31 focus items that have the same stats, different names. One takes 210 artifice, one takes 230. I re'd both to blue, with the same name prefix and stats swamp poop

It did! They just redid the itemization scheme every wave of Beta. I personally went through 3 different versions of it in my 1.5 months of testing.  why so serious?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #170 on: January 12, 2012, 06:48:50 AM

Thanks for the tip guys, I'm glad I took the time to whine.

And I agree, its silly having the compare window pop up me and my companion on a piece of Heavy armor when she can only wear medium.

Don't get me wrong here, I'm loving the game, but the silly little glitches are annoying. Last night I changed out an armor rating 58 mod to an armor rating 70 mod on a pair of gloves - and the Armor score on the item didn't change. Until I put them on. Then it did.  swamp poop

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #171 on: January 12, 2012, 06:54:04 AM

Yes, the updating is annoying. Its worse if you are making something for another person. Its not like you can put on the item.

Crumbs
Terracotta Army

Reply #172 on: January 12, 2012, 07:51:34 AM

No penalty for holding the huttball the entire game.

Actually, there is a penalty for holding the huttball too long.  You randomly explode and die.  I've had this happen twice in the same huttball match.  I think we were farming commendations and I was holding the ball in the middle for a minute.

I see.  They must've been just passing the ball to each other as they stood in a cluster.

As a result I'll dial my peeve back to a more general "pugs v premade" one.  This is obviously happening.  And geared 50s vs 10s with loltenacity is enough to keep even my masochistic self from queuing for warzones.  I'll wait for the brackets to be patehed in.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #173 on: January 12, 2012, 10:31:55 AM

Yes, but the mod system changed every beta iteration including up to pre-release launch.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #174 on: January 12, 2012, 10:34:30 AM

Yes, but the mod system changed every beta iteration including up to pre-release launch.

And a lot of the mods being identical is likely someone going "okay, so the +willpower set needs an end/crit/surge item, and the +cunning set needs an end/crit/surge item.." and not connecting the dots that the freaking items are the same thing.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Little Peeves  
Jump to: