Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:08:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: The "I hate datacrons" thread (spoilers) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The "I hate datacrons" thread (spoilers)  (Read 21734 times)
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: February 07, 2012, 10:11:02 AM

One on Taris requires a huge-radius walk-around using the area's architecture to get to it, and another requires starting / climbing at a medium distance from the destination where it is.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #71 on: February 07, 2012, 11:11:34 AM

That's probably the one I found last week. Even if you find the starter point, there's a spot where it looks like you should go in a different direction. The second time I tried it I had a goal and was able to find my way, the first time I thought it was a dead end.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: February 07, 2012, 11:13:00 AM

The one I mean is:

If got the one requiring the long walk.  I actually did the same thing Sky did.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Fraeg
Terracotta Army

Mad skills with the rod.

Reply #73 on: February 13, 2012, 09:37:45 AM

did 3 on Hoth yesterday with some friends, was actually a nice break from pvp.   That said I can't see myself doing the 45+ minute ones like the ballon thingy.

"There is dignity and deep satisfaction in facing life and death without the comfort of heaven or the fear of hell and in sailing toward the great abyss with a smile."
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: February 13, 2012, 12:53:20 PM

Lantyssa, if you're ok with looking at datacron spoiler sites:
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: February 13, 2012, 02:02:12 PM

I don't for this one datacron.  I could trace most of the path to it, I was just missing something on reaching one section, despite two of us spending a lot of time figuring it out.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Medic975
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: February 22, 2012, 05:48:28 PM

My only issues with the Datacrons are the hour long balloon ride. Although, if you and another with a knockback ability work together, you can bypass the Tat baloon altogether. I haven't had many issues at all. The only one that has been unobtainable for me, so far, is that one in the Alderaan palace. If you're body style 3 or 4 you cannot fit through the doorway that leads to it.
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: February 23, 2012, 03:05:11 AM

I guess I'm gonna have the problem with the Alderaan one, since I'm body 3.  Tatooine balloon, I thought, was a 40 minute round-trip for the balloon, and once I got on it it was 20 minutes to the destination (luckily it didn't bug out).  Didn't seem too bad; I ate lunch (not at the computer) while on it and almost missed the destination.  

Before you do it, I'd recommend timing exactly how long it takes for the game to log you out due to inactivity.  It's useful information (and no, I didn't do that yet; I'd tell if I knew).

EDIT:  Oh, yeah, I fell off the ramp for the red one, and had to /duel someone and force leap to them to get back on, so that works too.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 03:07:00 AM by ajax34i »
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #78 on: February 23, 2012, 10:35:49 AM

Had a good crafting session during the balloon ride. Not so much good as counting the amount of times I failed to get a recipe while REing a green level 9 belt. That time was > the entire wait + ride.

Then the other two guys on the balloon missed the ledge for the second one after watching me jump down to it.
Medic975
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: February 23, 2012, 11:08:44 AM

I got the bug where the balloon despawns in sight of the second carrier. That was my one  bang my head on the keyboard moments with them.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: The "I hate datacrons" thread (spoilers)  
Jump to: