Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 02:55:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Predictions: 1m+ players 3 days out; how about in January 2013? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Predictions: 1m+ players 3 days out; how about in January 2013?  (Read 279976 times)
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #1015 on: March 14, 2012, 07:37:40 PM

Voss sucked. It made no sense why we even cared as Republic. You mean the Sith might get some weird species who have a fucked up sense of morality to train as force users? OH NOES!

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #1016 on: March 14, 2012, 08:15:53 PM

That makes perfectly decent sense?

My consular had a reason to be there that was tightly wound up with the planet quest reason to be there, too.

God Save the Horn Players
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #1017 on: March 15, 2012, 09:13:56 AM

Voss is WEIRD.
Is that why I like it?

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1018 on: March 15, 2012, 01:43:02 PM

Voss is WEIRD.
Is that why I like it?

Yes, you're a known snowflake.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #1019 on: March 15, 2012, 06:32:27 PM

Fine, ignore that I said it's why I like it too!

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #1020 on: March 15, 2012, 06:49:29 PM

And the reason I like it as well.  Snowflakes unite!

Over and out.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #1021 on: March 15, 2012, 07:12:03 PM

We shall become an AVALANCHE of specialness!

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #1022 on: March 16, 2012, 09:00:33 AM

We need a sub-guild of SLAP.

Ice Queen Cones
Sunday Gamers
Flurry Femes
Special Snowflakes

Huh

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #1023 on: March 16, 2012, 09:53:46 AM

B*RT

We just need a Bert, a Birt and a Burt.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1024 on: March 16, 2012, 11:26:07 AM

I've had two character I've dropped while being on Balsavis.  Fuck that place.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #1025 on: March 21, 2014, 10:29:41 AM

It's official, my guild is dead.  I logged in last night for our regular Tues/Thurs raid nights and only two of us were on.  Seems they are all playing EQ2 while waiting for GW2 to release.  Did I mention that my guild left SWTOR to go back to EQ2?   ACK!

I'd transfer my 50's to Shien, but YOU CAN'T FUCKING DO THAT YET.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #1026 on: March 21, 2014, 03:14:09 PM

I got on last weekend trying to move my BH forward on Voss.  I trudged forward like I was trying to drop off a piece of jewelry into a volcano.  Then I died and had to rez wayyy outside the story area.  Logged off with my BH looking at the mountains. 

My sub expired today.  What happened to ya SWTOR, what happened to the fun?
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1027 on: March 22, 2014, 06:37:09 AM

My sub expired today.  What happened to ya SWTOR, what happened to the fun?

Same turd but the fresh coat of polish wore off quickly.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Raknor
Terracotta Army

Reply #1028 on: March 22, 2014, 08:28:14 AM

While my guild hasn't had a problem filling the 16 man raids on raid night, the amount of people online on the off days certainly has gone down. Seems like most of the pvpers got BM and then stopped playing. Almost no one plays their main raid character during the week except to raid.

What we believe is happening.
1.  Everyone has gotten all the daily comm items and money really doesn't mean much in this game.
2.  No reason to run Heroic instances. They take 45 min to an hour to get 1 item.  We run EV on our scrub alts in 90 minutes which gets us 15 drops. Adding some math to that.  Two groups of 4 people can run 4 HM instances in 90 minutes.  Nets you 4 set pieces. Or combine those two groups and get 15 drops plus crafting materials and schematics.  Math just doesn't make sense.
3.  Our pvpers have achieved the BM goal and are frankly tired of the grind. Increasing the valor gain also seems to have pissed off the people that "earned it" when it was more difficult. (I thought the increase was rather nice but I only pvp once in a while)
4.  Everyone has stopped crafting until 1.2 for the improved RE rates/crit augment slots on gear.
5.  New 1.2 gear looks fugly and really put a lot of people off. Which I find a bit amusing.  Our guys can put up with tons of bugs during our HM raids that cost us hours and repair bills. But what really seems to have broke the camels back is not liking the new gear graphics.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #1029 on: March 22, 2014, 08:47:45 AM

Good illustration of why it's frustrating for folks who primarily solo. All the stuff that's so easy that you've done it to death and don't care anymore is difficult for someone like me, to the point of not even bothering. Solo daily comms at one per quest with no item reward? Hells no. I called the anger over 'nerfing' valor gain...and it's still not something I'll be wasting my time with, too slow. No surprise about folks quitting pvp after getting BM gear, seems most who play mmo are purely achievement-driven, which makes for some really bad game design when taken to the degree this genre takes it to.

And the change to RE is definitely high on my list of reasons I'm on a semi-break right now (also, ME3 and just generally taking a breather from a game I've been playing for months straight). And no desire to play any of my sub-14 alts until they patch over sprint for them.

Trying to please everyone means nobody's getting proper attention.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #1030 on: March 22, 2014, 09:42:54 AM

The dailies just aren't that fun and they're irrelevant to me lootwise now, and this is with me having ran only normal mode EV/Kagarra a handful of times.

The heroics are also harder than the raids.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #1031 on: March 23, 2014, 08:18:44 AM

Yeah, just cancled before my sub got charged again yesterday.  I haven't even logged on in well over a month, and had no desire to now.  Maybe once I've burned though all the other fun games I have in my back catalog I may come back to complete some of the story lines, but that wont be for a long while (maybe it will go f2p by then   awesome, for real).

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #1032 on: March 23, 2014, 11:57:44 AM

I just want LFD. No one runs FPs hardly at all on my server.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #1033 on: March 23, 2014, 01:12:01 PM

I just want LFD. No one runs sits around Fleet spamming for FPs hardly at all on my server.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #1034 on: March 25, 2012, 10:45:26 AM

I'm out. I cancelled my sub a few days ago.  No complaints really.  The game was fun for 3 months and I definitely got great value from it.  Here are a few thoughts.

1) My server is now a ghost town.  WZ queues went from 1-3 mins to over 15 mins at primetime.

2) My guild has all left to play older games

3) Patch 1.2 has some good stuff, but also seems to show a disconnect between the devs and the playerbase.  At least with the vocal minority.

I don't see how this game will maintain more than a 300k subs.  I doubt that will be enough to keep the game profitable unless they reduce the staff support significantly.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1035 on: March 25, 2012, 10:48:39 AM

Ohhhhh, I see.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #1036 on: March 25, 2012, 11:07:11 AM

I agree with Nebu, they've simply made too many mistakes. This is going to cost EA a fortune.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Jherad
Terracotta Army

I find Rachel Maddow seriously hot.

Reply #1037 on: March 25, 2012, 11:44:47 AM

Still playing, but I'm definitely hearing the ticking of a clock in the background. My wife has all but quit now, though she's promised to keep her sub going through 1.2.

I agree on the disconnect and mistakes. They just can't get away with some of this stuff today - maybe 10 years ago. Around 300k subs, give or take, seems like a fair estimate for the future.

Definitely worth the box price and subs so far though. No complaints on value, just longevity and my usual grumble about lack of meta game. It's a themepark, I've seen all the rides that I want to, and there's nowhere chill out while I wait for them to build new ones. It isn't a content problem, it's a 'game life' problem. No reason to hang around Orgrimmar shooting the breeze and duelling, or getting the guild out to plonk down harvesters or kill birds because 'hey Avian meat is great at XYZ today!' or whatever.

The game went into 'only logging in for raids' mode too quickly for too many people.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #1038 on: March 25, 2012, 11:54:47 AM

Is it too bad if for once, just once, I post something like "And I still can't understand how could some of you not see this before launch.

I don't mean to be a jerk, after all I am probably one of the few still playing EVERY NIGHT (only PvP), but my pre-launch criticism seems spot on now, and while I am not looking for an "ok you were right" (which won't come, and that's fine) I can only ask around the same question I was asking before launch: what strange flavored drink mix have (some of) you been drinking that is preventing you to see the obvious issues and what will make this game go down after the 2 months mark?

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #1039 on: March 25, 2012, 12:12:20 PM

I still have 6 more storylines to play through, and I don't give a shit about PVP in this particular game.  tongue

I find the core PVE gameplay fun, and it generally does most of what I want from a PVE MMO. Eventually it will have cross-server LFG, and then it will pretty much do everything I want it to.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Jherad
Terracotta Army

I find Rachel Maddow seriously hot.

Reply #1040 on: March 25, 2012, 12:15:15 PM

Is it too bad if for once, just once, I post something like "And I still can't understand how could some of you not see this before launch.

I don't mean to be a jerk, after all I am probably one of the few still playing EVERY NIGHT (only PvP), but my pre-launch criticism seems spot on now, and while I am not looking for an "ok you were right" (which won't come, and that's fine) I can only ask around the same question I was asking before launch: what strange flavored drink mix have (some of) you been drinking that is preventing you to see the obvious issues and what will make this game go down after the 2 months mark?

Much of the criticism leveled at SWTOR back then (not saying you - I can't remember specifics of what you said) was on how it was a terrible game.

It wasn't. It still isn't, but, as even many of the fans here said back then, the decisions made, patch progress, and direction taken in the months after release would define it for the future. Back in November/December, it could have gone a number of different ways. It still can, though the new subscriber potential drops every month.

We can be all F13 cynical and laugh about expecting good decisions from developers, but sometimes MMOs aren't awful.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #1041 on: March 25, 2012, 12:16:40 PM

Half the people quitting seem to be taking a "baby it's not you, it's me" tone with it, which sort of amuses me.

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1042 on: March 25, 2012, 12:26:28 PM

It's never been terrible, I never thought it would be.

It's just bland and in a world with so many games to choose from, even many other mmo's, that's an unforgivable sin.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #1043 on: March 25, 2012, 12:45:30 PM

It's not bland at all, in my opinion.  It's just the Pepsi to WoW's Coke, while it seems a lot of you were looking for Mountain Dew or Sprite or something.

Over and out.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #1044 on: March 25, 2012, 01:03:55 PM

Why does it taste like piss then?

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #1045 on: March 25, 2012, 01:16:42 PM

At least with the vocal minority.
I agree. I can't wait until they shut the fuck up. Unfortunately, BWA does seem to be trying just hard enough to please them that they'll stick around bitching about things for a while longer.

Hopefully BWA won't have pissed away all the folks who like the game by then. The real test for BWA is if they can cater to the actual fans of the title and not just the mmo gypsies and others who want the game to be something it's not.

Bland? Hardly. It's a great game that needs some tweaking. And most of the loud whining isn't the tweaking it needs. Rift is the bigger failure imo, because they have such amazing gameplay that's shot to shit by one-button macros and a horridly bland setting.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #1046 on: March 25, 2012, 01:31:14 PM

You know what's sad? I am enjoying PvP a lot. So I know for a fact I would be sticking around a couple more months. But with population thinning and Warzones starting more and more rarely everyday, at some point I'll be "forced" to cancel, as Nebu did. Cross-server warzones and dungeons, in my humble opinion, might have saved many subscriptions at this point. It's quite sad they didn't/couldn't act on it timely.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 01:36:22 PM by Falconeer »

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1047 on: March 25, 2012, 02:04:46 PM

I'm still playing but yea, the no LFD/CrossServer WarZones problem is REALLY starting to show. Like more then half of the complaints against the game would go away if people could just LFD and get into a instance run easily.

Like, good luck getting a dungeon that isn't either the very first one, or the very last one at this point.

My personal complaint, would be the lack of class/companion story now. Especially my companions. I was really hoping there would be more done with companion quests/dialogues and stuff.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #1048 on: March 25, 2012, 03:16:37 PM

If they made it so I didn't have to heal after every fight I'd still be subbed.  I can overlook some stuff and wait for patches, but if it feels tedious I'm out.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #1049 on: March 25, 2012, 04:52:44 PM

The story quests don't give enough xp.  That's my major issue with the game.  The side quests scream of "we don't have enough content, so here's some cheap filler".  I particularly don't want to kill 30 nameless, faceless mobs,  especially when I killed 30 of them 5 mins ago for drops. 

If I could level doing nothing but story line and pvp, I'd play all 4 stories on each side.  With the long queue times and the lack of story content, I just couldn't do it a 5th time.

-  Mark Twain
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 36 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Predictions: 1m+ players 3 days out; how about in January 2013?  
Jump to: