Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:22:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Viktor, The Machine Herald 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Viktor, The Machine Herald  (Read 6256 times)
Malakili
Terracotta Army

on: December 22, 2011, 03:43:51 PM

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/viktor-machine-herald-revealed

Abilities:

Passive: Evolving Technology Viktor starts with a Hex Core that provides him with stats and can be upgraded in the store to augment one of his abilities. The Hex Core can only be upgraded once, and cannot be sold back to the store.
Power Transfer - Viktor blasts an enemy unit dealing magic damage, returning a portion of the damage dealt as a shield.
Ability Augment: Increases Viktor's Movement Speed by 30% for 3 seconds
Gravity Field - Viktor conjures a heavy gravitational field, slowing all enemies and stacking a debuff every 0.5 seconds. At 3 stacks enemies inside are stunned for 1.5 seconds.
Ability Augment: Gravity Field has an additional 30% cast range.
Death Ray - Viktor uses his robotic arm to fire a chaos beam that cuts across the field in a line, dealing damage to any opponents struck in its path.
Ability Augment: Death Ray sets fire to enemies, dealing 30% additional magic damage over 4 seconds.
Chaos Storm (Ultimate) - Viktor conjures a singularity on the field which deals magic damage and briefly silences enemies. The singularity then does magic damage to all nearby enemies every second. Viktor can redirect the singularity.

Kind of sounds interesting.  Upgrading the passive via the store is a neat quirk too.
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 06:32:52 AM

Champ spotlight is up:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/champion-spotlight-viktor-machine-herald

Looks like hitting your death rays is a ton of his game.
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 12:39:09 AM

My games so far — hardly a serious assessment, but still:

Viktor, the nobody cares go sit on the bench with shyvana
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 09:24:27 AM

Vitkor has two responses

Fking Viktor
or
Viktor has been slain
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 01:37:57 PM

I've only seen him twice, and both times he was a total non-factor at best in the game.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
pxib
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 10:51:31 PM

He's certainly disappointing compared to Ahri the Nine-Flash Chase and Escape.

if at last you do succeed, never try again
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012, 06:18:58 AM

He's certainly disappointing compared to Ahri the Nine-Flash Chase and Escape.

I'm really enjoying Ahri, I wished shyvanna didn't suck so bad since I like the concept much more but dash-dash-dash-flash is super fun to play.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #7 on: January 15, 2012, 10:03:05 PM

Shy is starting to see more and more play on streams and even in tournaments. The EU team that made it to finals in their go4lol used Shy jungle almost exclusively throughout the tournament. Can't say I understood why but they did and they were winning against good teams. They beat Fnatic with it.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: January 16, 2012, 01:31:10 AM

Shy is starting to see more and more play on streams and even in tournaments. The EU team that made it to finals in their go4lol used Shy jungle almost exclusively throughout the tournament. Can't say I understood why but they did and they were winning against good teams. They beat Fnatic with it.

Ohh, I gotta see that. Are the streams available on Youtube or Own3d or something?
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #9 on: January 16, 2012, 12:34:08 PM

http://www.twitch.tv/national_esl2/b/305561517

You need to go to part 5 and then 21min in and you'll see the finals which are Apex versus SK. Apex used Shyv though in every single match so you can go through it and find other games they played that were broadcasted if you like.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: January 16, 2012, 01:38:43 PM

Shyv is good, she is super tanky, but requires some skill to actually do damage in that her attacks are area / directional.

Right now Shaco and Skarner are the kings of solo queue jungle though. Skarner is just braindead, he jungles fast, is tanky, and combined with another character with CC is pretty much a guaranteed kill whenever his ult is up.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: January 16, 2012, 02:57:28 PM

Looking at recent champions, I'm seeing maybe 1 in 20 Wukongs, Vollibear is hibernating, Viktor is a joke, Ahri stands out as a great little sniper and possibly the best of the recent releases. I really want to look over Shyvana, but I've suddenly got hooked on Veigar/Lux - Lux's ult brings a smile to my face everytime I get it right.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: January 16, 2012, 06:56:47 PM

I've only played with a single Volibear in ranked since after the week of release and he basically lost us the game by doing absolutely nothing of use.

I've seen a high level player use Viktor on streams and do well with him but whenever I play the team that has him loses. He doesn't seem to have high DPS or high burst.

I see Wu a fair amount, does ok for himself. See Ahri a lot and she's pretty good usually, though I'm getting better at fighting her.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 12:59:57 AM by Margalis »

DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: January 16, 2012, 11:31:39 PM

Vitkor is not a pub stomper, they'll probably buff him till he is but Vitkor is a lot like anivia or veigar. More utility then "KILL EVERYTHING WITH UNDER 2K"
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: January 17, 2012, 01:02:28 AM

A lot of team comps now only have one source of magic damage, so that single magic damage guy really needs to put out major damage.

I can see Viktor working a lot better in teams where either top or jungle also puts out decent magic damage. Unfortunately right now there aren't many choices like that for either slot. (Kennen / Rumble / Swain top, Mummy jungle is all I can think of off the top of my head)

DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: January 17, 2012, 06:19:59 AM

Damage is relative.
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: January 17, 2012, 09:41:54 PM

A lot of team comps now only have one source of magic damage, so that single magic damage guy really needs to put out major damage.

I can see Viktor working a lot better in teams where either top or jungle also puts out decent magic damage. Unfortunately right now there aren't many choices like that for either slot. (Kennen / Rumble / Swain top, Mummy jungle is all I can think of off the top of my head)

Karthas. Don't laugh, he's considered a viable jungle pick now.

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: January 18, 2012, 05:56:55 AM

He got a lot less scary/viable with this patch. The removal of the red buff applies on spell damage actually hurts him bad.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 06:01:19 AM by tastyhat »
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Viktor, The Machine Herald  
Jump to: