Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:44:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Path of Exile 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Path of Exile  (Read 453600 times)
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1575 on: May 26, 2020, 01:15:55 PM

Herald stacking guardian is now functional. Somehow I still manage to die.

Single target is way worse than my hierophant. The clear speed is nuts and like every point invested is a massive boost in some fashion. Don’t think I spent more than 15ex, but I bought cheap Voices and some less than optimal pre-Vaaled uniques.

Might as well give it a shot before it’s nerfed into oblivion next league.

-Rasix
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1576 on: May 26, 2020, 01:59:33 PM

I wanted to test a Herald build but I don't have the strength to grind out the currency. I suppose I could try to sustain some burial chamber T7 grind with the golem build. I can probably sustain the maps well since I have all the maps complete in that region.

Not sure how long it would take to farm up 15-20ex for a build like that.

Most likely I'll end up grind for a few hours and see what my return will be if I get bored tonight. My current golem setup is perfect for it. I just don't have the gear for farming the end game stuff. DPS is great, survivability is limited.
Rasix

Reply #1577 on: May 29, 2020, 12:17:17 AM

There's now the option to select Vulkan for the renderer. This is option is in "beta" but so far has provided a pretty nice performance bump in cluttered maps. You can pop a Legion encounter in the Delirium fog and it barely hiccups at all. Some are experiencing issues with crashes and difficulty getting it running, but the response so far has been pretty positive.

My son was goofing around with display settings on my PC and made it so the game would crash every time I selected it. He had installed OBS and that has set some user settings that were causing the issue. That was fun to track down..

Still, I'd give it a shot if you have some sort of GPU melting build, or your PC is struggling with the current state of the game.

-Rasix
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1578 on: May 29, 2020, 05:48:44 AM

I'm going to have to piece back together my VD build to test.

I bet you it may be the one character where I deleted my gems to make room for some other garbage.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 05:51:47 AM by Draegan »
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1579 on: May 29, 2020, 07:36:34 AM

Holy shit, that update actually works.
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #1580 on: June 03, 2020, 02:35:00 AM

So, the new league, Harvest, was announced yesterday.  Releases 6/19.

https://www.polygon.com/2020/6/2/21277116/path-of-exile-harvest-reveal-details-garden-sacred-grove-seed-cache-crafting-lifeforce-grow

Seems like it will be an improvement over Delirium, if nothing else.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1581 on: June 03, 2020, 05:34:47 AM

Not sure I want a farmville league. Lots of clicking/looting/planting.

I'm not a big crafter, with all the options I'm not sure what I should be doing with everything. I typically craft a few good flasks and resistances/+stats on my gear.

I do like the idea of new passives/skills/uniques.

I hate how clusters are tied to delerium.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1582 on: June 03, 2020, 08:59:27 AM

So someone from these boards was generous enough to give a shit ton of currency as they were done for the league. I made a average level herald build and the onlything keeping me from being better is laziness and I'm only level 88.

Anyway fought Elder and this build is a cake walk. The only thing I couldn't do was a simulacrum because I didn't feel like being cautious at level 19. I only have 5.2k ES.

This build is dumb.

Also, with Vulkan renderer I almost wanna try one of those cyclone CWC Ice Storm builds.
Rasix

Reply #1583 on: June 03, 2020, 11:20:15 AM

Put PoE on hold until the next league. Had a couple of Sirus wipes and that kind of pissed me off. That fight in phase 4 is pretty goddamn shitty. I die every time to those blink then off-screen die-laser. I should have made a tankier, max-block character to deal with him, but instead I'll go play something else. Funny that my hierophant killed him easily, but my herald stacker has issues. People are welcome to whatever's on my characters (herald stacker, stone golem ele, bleed bow glad). 

I'm looking forward to the next league, although mapping is going to feel absurdly easy and monster density is going to feel somewhat paltry without the fog. At least it sounds like Delirium will have a decent chance to proc the more you juice your maps. New supporter packs both look really good.. gah.

-Rasix
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1584 on: June 03, 2020, 01:31:17 PM

This is the longest I've played a league, I've leveled a bunch of characters too. I don't particularly like this league's mechanic either.

Funny.

Rasix

Reply #1585 on: June 17, 2020, 05:17:00 PM

I have no idea what I'm going to be league starting with. Probably a max block gladiator or maybe some sort of spellslinger build. I probably need to test run the latter to see if I can actually play it without too much lag. Starting with the new slams and 2 handers may be a bit dicey if you want to try it. Melee itself is a pretty poor starter.

The mapping this league shouldn't be anything difficult. The league mechanic is off to its own area and there are only fights when you initiate them. This is probably good considering they nerfed quite a few aspects of passive defenses. 

Brands look dead. A bigger brain human will make them work, but they just seem clunky as hell now. They're basically sticky totems that don't last as long.
Dual wield got nerfed in a couple ways.
Archmage got giga-nerfed.

I'm not super hyped about this league, but it may just be PoE fatigue. This league was initially supposed to be what will end up being 3.12, but they had to go with a smaller league due to COVID impacts.

-Rasix
Hoth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1586 on: June 18, 2020, 02:53:13 AM

If you can handle the playstyle, miner, and especially Ball Lightning miner, are solid starters as always. Just get a Tremor Rod and Kaoms Heart and you're set for red maps. 

Another obvious choice is necro which is virtually untouched and has plenty of power with very limited investment.

If you wanna go for some two-handed goodness Tectonic Slam/Earthquake with the new Fist of War support and warcries mixed in seem to be the way to go for easy league starting.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #1587 on: June 18, 2020, 04:48:53 AM

Next league sounds like Beastiary, which was dogshit.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1588 on: June 18, 2020, 08:59:57 AM

Berserker Earthshatter or EQ with Fist of War + other links

General's Cry with something. Maybe Earthshatter? Maybe Conc Path?

Intimidating Cry - Seismic Cry - Urgent Orders - Second Wind

Build around Impale with Impaler keystone (or bleed maybe?)

Messing around with a tree that kind of looks like this before Cluster Jewels are a thing.
https://pastebin.com/csgak0yf
Rasix

Reply #1589 on: June 18, 2020, 12:21:41 PM

League starting as melee is pretty miserable. I wouldn't do it unless you're ok with being really slow. For mostly regular players it's a few hour to double the time to maps and feels worse.

Looks like my system can handle the VD ball spam (that sounds wrong), so I'll be using that to start. If that doesn't work out, necro of some variety is always strong. I kind of want the dust to settle on chieftain changes, slams, two-handers, reworked gems. etc.  

-Rasix
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1590 on: June 18, 2020, 01:00:40 PM

Pfft, slams are going to be amazing.
Rasix

Reply #1591 on: June 18, 2020, 02:43:38 PM

Probably, but I'm not trusting my ability to league start with it or come up with my own build/ascendancy choice that doesn't suck.

-Rasix
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1592 on: June 20, 2020, 10:43:20 PM

Ok so I'm in act 6 I think with earth shatter. Fun build I also switch from impale to bleed and I'm not sure if it's better.

I like generals Cry though.
Rasix

Reply #1593 on: June 22, 2020, 10:44:01 AM

Seems like they kind of messed up Vulkan for me in Harvest. Updating my Vulkan driver made it worse. There was a huge black box in the middle of my screen and it was really choppy. I went back to DX11 and enabled the new "Dynamic Particle Culling".  Seems to work greate.

VD ball spam has me into maps now. My gear is a huge joke. It's really bad. Due to the general lack of currency explosions, it's been really hard to get the socket color right.  The clear on this is pretty great, but the single target is poop. Once I can get some decent currency and a set of twink gear, I'm going to try something with the new slams. Maybe a gladiator big stick bleed character or a berzerker with EQ/ground slam/whatever. This was the safest and sturdiest build I've done, however. It has only died 4 times, and once since hitting maps. The one death was me trying to facetank Esh. The three deaths while leveling were me just misplaying mechanics and being dumb.

-Rasix
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1594 on: June 22, 2020, 12:05:04 PM

VD is super cheap to ramp up to maps. You don't need much.

I love the new harvest thing. I'm actually crafting with it.

I'm setting up my harvests like this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b1maezGBODta9rGgcd58bkcG6DwrCdoFfBjRTyUOqyo/htmlview?pru=AAABcvgE1Ig*yFJLWEp9keyMVLenprt9xQ#

My build is really good right now, once I bought a unique 2H axe.

https://pastebin.com/HajN5pg8

POB has the new gems etc now. But I haven't figured out if exerted attacks are in though. Everything melts around me. My survivability sucks. Need more defense.
Rasix

Reply #1595 on: June 22, 2020, 12:27:15 PM

I used a build guide from a SSF HC player. This shit is so tanky.

-Rasix
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1596 on: June 22, 2020, 01:21:35 PM

I think I used that guide last league.

Pretty good build.

Did some tinkering if anyone cares: https://pastebin.com/YtpSnS7H

One think I want to test is curse on hit for general cry "allies". Wonder if it works.
Rasix

Reply #1597 on: June 23, 2020, 10:32:07 AM

Almost to yellow maps now. The problem is mostly that there's almost no map sustain and the currency drop rate is really low. The last 4 leagues before this have had some sort of loot explosion mechanism and that's where I got most of my alchs/transmutes/alts/maps. Maybe it's just too early in the league for me (still) and I'm only level 78, but this just feels kind of bad. I'm probably going to have to roll maps in batches using seed crafting. Yay.

On a positive note, I got my first Fenumal Plagued Arachnid drop, so now I'm not super poor anymore. I think before this I had like 3 chaos total.  awesome, for real Now I just need to 6 link this Inpulsa's and thing will be a bit better on the damage front.

-Rasix
Rasix

Reply #1598 on: June 24, 2020, 10:59:42 AM

Not that reddit ever likes anything, but reddit really hates this expansion. It's not going over well. In addition, they just added 3 separate stash tabs for 3 the last 3 leagues, instead of incorporating them into existing tabs. Granted, they are very cheap at like $4 each or all 3 for $10, but this is really pissing people off. With no actual loot explosions this league and metamorph at a 10% chance, do you even need that tab? Only one that I feel may be useful is the blight tab, because you can anoint and combine oils in it without using Cassia or a vendor. Blight still drops enough oils for it to be bothersome.

The cluster jewel nerfs are really harsh. Good luck rolling a large jewel with 2 sockets and a notable. The roughly calculated costs are around 10-15ex per jewel.

I'm still having an OK time. I don't love the mechanic, but I'm OK with this not being a "only the best builds can do this shit and not get stomped" league. My atlas progression is pretty awful, but this isn't a change from last league. I just think I didn't notice it in Metamorph.

-Rasix
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1599 on: June 24, 2020, 12:06:57 PM

I dig the league. I'm level 80 and I'm close to finally unlocking all the citadels. I am enjoying my warcry build. It destroys everything in a single hit. My new axe is a little slow though.

The tab things is dumb. I get why people are upset, except all the past league shit fits in a single normal tab anyway so who cares.

I use my garden to alch all my maps and roll cluster jewels. I was able to roll a 4 passive medium with at least one of the notables I wanted. I'm at the point where my gear can't really be upgraded unless I get a 6L or better bases start dropping in yellows so most of my lifeforce is just alching shit.

EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #1600 on: June 24, 2020, 01:47:31 PM

I'm a bit burnt out on PoE still.  Tired of slogging through the same Acts over and over again only to get to the new Atlas, which I pretty much hate.  I don't care for the map system in general, to be fair, but I've tried to deal with it as best as possible in the past.  I'm currently still in Act 5 messing around with the new Brands and the new league mechanic has been ok to dabble with, but I've seen the spreadsheets people have been making in order to efficiently harvest higher tier seeds and that shit can fuck right off.  I kind of want to get to 24 Challenges for the cloak, but honestly not sure I'll be able to slog through it.

I don't mind so much the monetization of the tabs, the problem for me is that loot management has become an absolute pain in the ass.  Having to click around 20 different tabs just to empty my inventory after a few minutes of playing the game is fucking stupid.   5 minutes of game time followed by 15 minutes sorting inventory and 10 minutes dicking around with seeds (if you've already invested the hours necessary to set all the stupid shit up) is not my idea of a fun time.

most often known as Drevik
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1601 on: June 24, 2020, 03:43:41 PM

For sure the inventory management and UI is fucking terrible. I also hate the map system too. I wish that when I clicked on the mapndevice the atlas opens up and I can click on the different maps I have and then juice them from there.

I wish map drops were not a thing at all. You have access to all the normal versions but the augments to them like all the shit they have now are the drops.

Mapvsustain is a terrible mechanic.

Also the Chinese client is so much better

I wish
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1602 on: June 30, 2020, 06:06:41 AM

Man this league.

It's boring. I wish the crafted wasn't gated behind RNG and a shit load of time. I mean I appreciate the free chaos spam, but it's useless for the most part.

So I'm playing a meme build because it's fun and not serious

Guardian:
6L GC/Dom Blow (Still on a 4L)
6L HoP (On a 5L)
4L Conc Path (can downgrade to 3L)
4L Zombies (with gloves that make them corpses for GC)
4L Rally/Seismic - Second Wind - Dash
1L Ring - Carrion Golem

Some alternatives that may or may not work - Remove Conc Path for Smite and remove Seismic for Infernal. Depends if I want to invest in my own slamming or not.
Rasix

Reply #1603 on: June 30, 2020, 09:38:48 AM

Yeah, it's not good. I've made one or two decent items and gotten a couple of free five links, but whoop-di-doo, who cares. So far it's not worth the effort. There's not enough targeted annuls or exalts to really get the most out of the system.

And to top it off, I haven't gotten a single exalt drop all league. I usually get at least a couple a week. But that's the nature of RNG I guess. On the flip side I've had two Fenumal Plagued Arachnids drop, where I haven't seen one of them in all of my time playing until now. Still really currency poor: I'm out of fusings and alchs! I really don't want to trade for currency as the only ones that respond are bots.

I made two handed slam character and so far it's been fun. It's a bleed based Gladiator and it's been working pretty well so far. Fist of War is a really cool support (and sounds manly as hell), but when you're already attacking 3 times a second, something on a 2 second timer is kind of useless.

I think this is one serious character and done league unless they make a lot of changes.

-Rasix
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1604 on: June 30, 2020, 10:55:37 AM

If you're poor I'm super poor. I'm constantly out of fuses and chromes and have been relying on Harvest stuff to do normal currency stuff for shitty gear.

It's not all bad. But now has levels start slowing down in the 50s and 60s, and gear is not upgraded every couple minutes, it's still annoying.

I think they lower currency drops as well as fuck up Harvest numbers. It would be really nice if I could manipulate items other than reforging rolls. But apparently GGG likes making that hide behind people who play 5+ hours a day. A better league would make it so you could sit there for a few minutes manipulating items with different targets etc.
Rasix

Reply #1605 on: July 09, 2020, 10:40:10 AM

In a way, this league is working, because without the crafting I would have given up on it due to not being able to gear my characters at all (still no exalts, wtf). I moved my gladiator to 1H + shield and it's a lot safer. It is, however, some serious zDPS action and slow as hell. So, I'm currently rolling a speed clear character, but I'm unsure of going toxic rain trickster or bv assassin.

Oddly enough, Sirus is easier as melee IMO. Phase 4 is a lot less getting popped while Sirus is offscreen, since it's a lot easier to track him when you have to be all up in his business.

-Rasix
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1606 on: July 10, 2020, 11:18:35 AM

I've been messing around with General's Cry Charged Dash on a Berserker, level 86ish. Did Baran on a T8 map and it took forever to kill him. My gear and tree sucks because Chaos Orb = Regret. I need like a few chaos worth of gear, and a ton of regrests and I can change my 40k charged dash (x5 for each warrior) and pump it up to 200k or so each.

Not sure I want to spend the time and currency to do all that.

Also using static strike for leech and sustain.

edit:
42 regrets needed to reset my tree to get where I need to go
Yeesh. I feel like I should just level up a character for that cost with how poor I am.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 11:32:27 AM by Draegan »
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1607 on: July 10, 2020, 02:34:49 PM

In a way, this league is working, because without the crafting I would have given up on it due to not being able to gear my characters at all (still no exalts, wtf). I moved my gladiator to 1H + shield and it's a lot safer. It is, however, some serious zDPS action and slow as hell. So, I'm currently rolling a speed clear character, but I'm unsure of going toxic rain trickster or bv assassin.

Oddly enough, Sirus is easier as melee IMO. Phase 4 is a lot less getting popped while Sirus is offscreen, since it's a lot easier to track him when you have to be all up in his business.

I played a BV assassin last league, but not past white maps. I didn't like the constant upkeep of vortex, then run through everything. Very fast though.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1608 on: July 12, 2020, 10:46:14 AM

Try playing a chaosslinger. Very fun.
Rasix

Reply #1609 on: July 13, 2020, 12:11:22 PM

My (not) max block gladiator is in a better spot. Still die too much on bosses, but that happens when you think you can facetank anything.  Block is great until it isn't. Damage is kind of poopy, but it's bearable. Around 6k life, 70+% block, decent armor, some chaos res, but like sub 1mil dps.

I'm going to stick with the BV character until red maps. If it sucks, I'll probably need like 80 regrets to unfuck it.  awesome, for real

-Rasix
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Path of Exile  
Jump to: