Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:30:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Path of Exile 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 49 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Path of Exile  (Read 453596 times)
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #945 on: May 22, 2018, 10:39:55 AM

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahah

Seems so!

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #946 on: May 23, 2018, 04:46:05 PM

The Tencent thing is fine. They didn't fuck up LOL.

Last league sucked. I may or may not play the next one.
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #947 on: June 02, 2018, 04:57:29 AM

I'm having a lot of fun with Incursion. It's light years ahead of bestiary.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #948 on: June 03, 2018, 11:49:35 AM

I'd be enjoying this a lot more if I wasn't continually crashing back to the main menu after trying to load into to a new zone. 
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #949 on: June 03, 2018, 01:46:06 PM

Same here. It's making it too annoying to play.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #950 on: June 03, 2018, 02:57:35 PM

Just tried the new league for an hour or so; no crashes here, although it doesn't detect any audio drivers so everything was silent. swamp poop

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #951 on: June 04, 2018, 03:23:59 AM

I found the new league very, very jerky.  Almost back to the old days of PoE where it felt like your guy was floating.

Also, I take it that failing your first incursion is A - Stupid and B - irreversible.  You have 11 chances and then you're fucked, right ?

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #952 on: June 04, 2018, 06:56:49 AM

11 chances, then you visit the temple as you've got it. Then 11 more chances, a visit, etc

If you're not focused on clear-speed over all, you'll see a lot of the same portion around the opening each time.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #953 on: June 04, 2018, 06:59:31 AM

Oh wait, multiple temples then ?

I suddenly don't feel so bad.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #954 on: June 04, 2018, 11:37:58 AM

The temple seems to be infinitely repeatable.

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #955 on: June 04, 2018, 06:36:31 PM

Fuck this, I'm done.  I'm constantly having serious connection issues, from just logging into the game from the opening menu to loading into new zones while playing.  I've tried to do the temple 3 times and each time it crashed back to the main menu.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #956 on: August 10, 2018, 01:51:10 AM

So, the next instalment is set to drop :  Delve.

https://www.pathofexile.com/delve

Looks like an interesting idea that naturally follows on from the Incursion stuff and there's a lot of stuff there that might be fun.  I have to stress that Incursion was probably the most fun I've ever had in PoE and has sucked almost all my time lately, so if they're building on lessons learned from that as well as making a true infinite idea, I'm totally ok with that.

Also, it integrates with SharePoint and Teams.

Sorry, bit of Cloud humour there...

In other news, we do have a guild and we do have a guild bank that's overflowing with SHITE that I may have to get rid of soon, so stake yer claim to some shite if you want.  I also have more Uber Lab runners than Jesus these days, so if anyone wants a run through for ascendancies, please let me know.

Anyway.  Just bumping this because every time I post PoE stuff in useless gaming news, I get shouted at and you know what a delicate and sensitive fellow I am.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #957 on: August 10, 2018, 05:41:48 AM

I skipped the last league but will come back for this one.

The new dominating blow looks awesome.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #958 on: August 10, 2018, 05:45:50 AM

Incursion was fun, but I drifted away after I got a Switch (and ESO). Might come back for this one.

rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #959 on: August 10, 2018, 06:22:29 AM

I had a bad time with Incursion due to a low ttk build, couldn't do enough damage fast enough to make a temple worth running, so lost interest. This looks like it might get my attention.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #960 on: August 11, 2018, 04:06:00 PM

In other news, we do have a guild and we do have a guild bank that's overflowing with SHITE that I may have to get rid of soon, so stake yer claim to some shite if you want.
I donated some MTX currency (I have a ton from buying supporter packs that I'll never use) to the guild so we can buy more tabs to fill with shite. I think Rendakor has to make the purchase though. They're on sale but I don't know for how long.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #961 on: August 11, 2018, 05:11:40 PM

I'll hop on tomorrow morning and make it so, thanks. The tab sales are usually all weekend long.

March
Terracotta Army

Reply #962 on: August 14, 2018, 07:32:49 AM

The game continues to get better... qol changes are slowly making it playable.  Still for me they are the masters of taking an interesting idea and making it unfun... like nets for bestiary ... and the mostly unfun incursion concept... so I'm expecting Delve to be much the same.  Potentially a great idea made into a kinda good but annoying experience. 

Collecting/upgrading and deploying candles seems like exactly the sort of thing someone at some design session should go... wait, what?  But, then, I haven't tried it yet... maybe the candle idea will be awesome in its implementation.  {snickers}

That said, I'm looking forward to trying it (though not particularly hopeful, obviously).
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #963 on: August 14, 2018, 08:23:36 AM

I'll hop on tomorrow morning and make it so, thanks. The tab sales are usually all weekend long.

Narrator :  He Didn't.

why so serious?

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #964 on: August 14, 2018, 09:30:47 AM

I'm not seeing any points in the guild.

ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #965 on: August 14, 2018, 01:46:03 PM

I think you have to accept the points from me somehow before they become available. I had to log into the website to initiate the transaction, so you probably have to accept them from there somewhere.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #966 on: August 15, 2018, 02:24:06 PM

Classic Grinding Gear Games.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #967 on: September 03, 2018, 08:42:51 AM

Okay Doke.  So.  Delve went live.  Wife and I have been playing it a fair bit and I'm fairly sure I saw Draegan on there at one point.

Here's what you need to know ;

The launch was beset by technical shite.  It's still fairly crashy.  They didn't think some of the stuff through and, as a result, it's a bit scrappy and messy.  Incursion this ain't.

In addition, there's not really that many changes to sing about ;  the new skills are nice enough and the rework (particularly for instant cast skills) is welcome to a degree.

However, I'm not terribly sure that Delving is actually going to be that much of a draw.  It's very samey, it's very punishing and it would appear to be hugely grindy and yet another area that has been solely created so that streamers and high level players can grind out ridiculous crafted loot to sell.  It's also horrendously group unfriendly and, frankly, you would be well advised to plan it purely as a solo thing.  Much to the disgust of the wife who thinks I'm just trying to avoid sharing my Azurite.

In addition, I'm not sure they managed to properly integrated Standard and Incursion this time as my masters are still missing exp and my map tab refuses to fuck off.

I've almost got my new Summoning Guardian Templar to 70/Mapping and once I do that there will probably be a lot more in the Guild Bank for folks to get started with, if that floats your boat.  Also, I can reccomend the new Poison Meta since the wife has a poison ranger that's kicking fuckloads.

But beyond that, it's not really doing it for me in the way that the adverts said it might.  I think this one might dissapoint people here also, so here's the warning.

That is all.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #968 on: September 03, 2018, 11:48:27 AM

But beyond that, it's not really doing it for me in the way that the adverts said it might.  I think this one might dissapoint people here also, so here's the warning.

That is all.

Been playing it the past few days as well and Ironwood is bang on with his assessment.  This season brings some neat new abilities and a new grind.  The new grind isn't particularly fun nor interesting. 

I think I'm out until the next season. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
schild
Administrator

Reply #969 on: September 03, 2018, 11:51:04 AM

This is the bottomless dungeon thing right?
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #970 on: September 03, 2018, 01:38:26 PM

Yes.  But there's no point.

schild
Administrator

Reply #971 on: September 03, 2018, 02:17:59 PM

Well it doesn't help such a format exposes why I keep saying the game is shit

Shove this format into Diablo 2 and people will come up with their own reasons to play
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #972 on: September 03, 2018, 02:36:44 PM

No, I don't really agree.  As you know.  'Cause here's this argument we have again and again.

The same thing for Diablo 2 and PoE exist ;  currently there are two chaps who are fighting over the deepest Delve and it's hilarious to watch.  You can tell who's sleeping and who took a break and who was mining and then off they go again and the commentary on the Global chat is hilarious.  I'm sure there are players loving this shit and having reasons to love it.  I'm playing it right now, it's not that I won't, but I will burn out sooo much quicker this time.

PoE is much deeper than Diablo 2 (as you know, 'cause we've done this before) in that there are things that you can do, crafting, collecting, building and creating that simply didn't exist in D2 ;  but you have to have a point to it.  Delve doesn't add any point to it.  You can already craft.  All Delves adding is a way to craft more specifically and, frankly, it's still RNG, so what the fuck's the point ?  Also, it's a bigger grind and it's wank and it's solo, so you can't even have that much fun, also it's buggy and you can die even when you're in the light and frankly most of it is just FOLLOWING A FUCKING TRACTOR and GOD it's BORING.

And you have to do the rest anyway, you have to map or level or play just to get the shit to actually delve and then you delve and then you run out of shit and then you have to map or level or play and on on onfoanfpangfasgnasgnsng

Incursion seemed to me to at least keep the illusion of a level playing field ;  you could make your own nice temple and you could have the chance of getting some of this nice stuff, or doing some ... some, THING that made you feel like it was an achievement, but this ?  This isn't it.  It's just not it.

The problem isn't what you think it is.  You think 'Hey, Infinite Dungeon, I can imagine that in Diablo 2 and because I have this idea in my head of PoE, it must be failing 'cause, you know, PoE'.  But it's not.  It's not working on me because it's not really 'Infinite Dungeon' it's more 'Tractor Following Simulator 2'.

Saying 'hey, Diablo 2 with this would be better 'cause of my mind is making it so' doesn't make it so.  But that's just you Schilding, so whatever.

schild
Administrator

Reply #973 on: September 03, 2018, 02:49:47 PM

Ackchually, you knew exactly what I meant and POE combat still sucks ass, there's just simply no alternative.

X should be in Y instead of Z doesn't imply Z is good and X should be identical.

Diablo 2 should have an endless dungeon, fact. It should also be remastered, fact.

Path of Exile combat is garbage, fact.

Maybe, just maybe, if Grinding Gear fans complained about base level issues with the game we wouldn't keep having this conversation.

Of fucking course it doesn't work in POE. Regardless of allllllll that other shit you wrote.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #974 on: September 03, 2018, 05:15:46 PM

I dislike mapping and delve is a faster alternative to mix it up. Buggy but I like it.

I'm level 69 dominating blow/herald of purity/crusaders path guardian. Kind of shit but fun maybe. I fucked up my build though I think.

Took last league off a d this one is ok.

Playing SSF this time.e around for no reason.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #975 on: September 04, 2018, 01:16:07 PM

I like Delve so far. I agree it gets a little samey but it's good that they're starting simple given how abstruse the map system has become.

The PoE endgame has always been sort of poorly-paced thanks to the randomness of map progression, and with Elder/Shaper influence and sextants and shaping and Zana mods it's easy to get overwhelmed by decision points. It doesn't help that all the extrinsic incentives are pushing you to progress even when the best thing to do is speed through low-level maps to build up your item pool.

Having a second end-game system in Delve lets you escape from all that for a moment and evaluate your progress on a linear scale without all the variables of mapping getting in the way. Mapping functions better as the means to an end rather than as the end itself so I'm happy to let Delve be the "because it's there" chase for bigger numbers. Sulfite collection provides an incentive to run maps you can clear efficiently as well as a natural break point where you periodically stop mapping to push Delve levels and measure up your progress.

I only hit maps yesterday so I reserve the right to change my mind later but I think the systems work well together. I do think the new monster mechanics are mediocre but they're so constrained by the speed of the modern game that I don't know how they can fix that.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #976 on: September 04, 2018, 02:09:47 PM

Be sure to check out the latest two videos from ZiggyD for some really, really helpful tips on Delving.

I did and now I'm swimming in resonators.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #977 on: September 05, 2018, 10:40:02 AM

Mapping is stupid. They should toss the whole mechanic. Or fully implement delving and have that be a source of maps that you occasionally do.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #978 on: September 05, 2018, 12:05:25 PM

I don't agree.  Mapping is fun.  Also, the Shaper and Elder mechanics are also fun.  There's an end-point to mapping and good rewards to be found.

What bit of it is stupid and bugging you ?  Also, in what way does it differentiate itself from delving ?

Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #979 on: September 07, 2018, 06:23:23 AM

I don't agree.  Mapping is fun.  Also, the Shaper and Elder mechanics are also fun.  There's an end-point to mapping and good rewards to be found.

I also really like mapping.  Rolling your maps is a fun little mini-game that keeps things a little more interesting while you're progressing through the longer levels.  The shaper stuff just gave that even more depth and gave you the control of making the maps you like better more beneficial to run.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 49 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Path of Exile  
Jump to: