Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 04:21:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MechWarrior Online  |  Topic: Mechwarrior Online 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 132 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mechwarrior Online  (Read 998623 times)
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2415 on: March 19, 2013, 11:46:02 AM

Got cored a LOT last night. Are people this good or is their a bunch of aimbotting going on?

And possibly my reaction to the TBT was biased by getting cored twice in about 5 seconds in both matches I played with it. That's a problem with twitch battletech, the ability to target is to easy...(again unless they were aimbotting in which case death is not good enough a fate).

Streaks always hit center torso and I'm seeing a lot of streaks out there, particularly on lights.   Also, if you're running an XL engine and take damage on the sides (like after an arm is gone) it kills you like a coring.

I don't get true-cored often in anything I'm not using an XL engine in.  They're more trouble than they're worth most times, IMO.

Post your favorite mechs/loadouts! (mine all include DHS/Endo)
Sam's STK-3F w/ 4LL
CTX-4X - 2xGauss, 2xML - XL250
CAT-C4 - 4x SRM6 - 2x MPL, 1xJJ, 6xDHS, 6xammo - XL315
CTX-4X - 4 AC/5 , 2 ML , XL 250 - fun but I enjoy the Gauss more.

This is from memory, though.  I don't run many mechs, but the ones I do I play the hell out of.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #2416 on: March 19, 2013, 12:29:44 PM

Also, I spend 1.5 million on the COLOUR RED.
I bought purple.  Between that, the three PC Gamer colors (black, red, off-white), and default green, I don't think I need to buy anymore.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2417 on: March 19, 2013, 12:32:28 PM

Yeah, not a whole lot of reason to buy more than some primaries and black/ white given that they're all invalidated by PREDATOR VISION and target icons.

I've bought black, white and orange.  Dazzle for the Assaults and Heavies and tiger for my Catapharact.  That's all I need.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2418 on: March 19, 2013, 01:14:13 PM

Between that, the three PC Gamer colors (black, red, off-white), and default green, I don't think I need to buy anymore.

Between that and the what now ?

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #2419 on: March 19, 2013, 01:28:43 PM

HOUSELIAOACTUAL.COM MUMBLE SERVER
Ladies and gentlemen of the Capellan Confederation I am happy to announce that we here at the Word of Lowtax will be making a subset of our mumble server open to the public. ANYONE is free to pop in and take advantage of our services as long as you obey the rules and behave. Mercs corps are all welcome among our ranks as well.

Our goal is to make the best House Liao possible, and we can't do that without you being the best mechwarrior possible! In the near future we are planning to open up some more WOL assets to the public in order to further boost the strength of House Liao and her allies!

Hostname:
mumble.houseliaoactual.com
password: mellon
Use any username not already taken

The House Liao channels at the top are open to all.

We will be watching those channels closely and have made the decision to white list regular constructive players further into our mumble should they wish.

If you encounter any issues during your stay on this server you can contact me directly on mumble or use Info@houseliaoactual.com to leave a message.

Should you need to download mumble you can do that here:
http://mumble.sourceforge.net/

If you have questions regarding setting up mumble see this website:
https://www.typefrag.com/mumble/tutorials/

Have you guys picked a faction yet?  Can I suggest liao as it's sure to be entertaining and I won't have to look far to find you.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #2420 on: March 19, 2013, 01:31:22 PM

For being cored a lot, with the increase in PPC and ballistics, especially against premades, I noticed I was just being focused more by lots of damage all hitting fairly large center torsos (though, I've played in a limited fashion the last two months, but noticed this still to be pretty true).

Colors - Only need the PC Gamer colors. Even though the black looks like dark navy now I'm okay with it since I'm not seeing it anyways.
Post your favorite mechs/loadouts! (mine all include DHS/Endo)
CAT-C4 - 4x SRM6 - 2x MPL, 1xJJ, 6xDHS, 6xammo - XL315

One of my favorites for the C4 was [incredibly similar. Dropped to 5xDHS and an XL300 but added Artemis and another JJ. Switched back and forth between 500 and 600 ammo with the tradeoff being a 3rd JJ, which I prefer ammo but in long matches against heavies/assaults I noticed ammo issues at times. Rare though. Not as strong as the splat cat against pugs, but more fun overall unless I only have time for a match or two.

Lights:
Standard streak/mlas COM-2D
JNR-D (2xSRM4, 6xMLas, XL255, 4/5 JJ)
JNR-F (4xMPLas, XL255, 4/5JJ)

Meds:
HBK-4SP standard 260, 2xsrm6, 5xMLas
HBK-4P 9xMlas
Can't remember my CN9 build right now

Heavies (only played Cat's for heavy so far, Phracts are on my list after Awesomes unless there's an MC sale and I grab an Ilya):
Cat C4 (shown above)
A1 (standard splatcat for mindless fun)
Never did get into the C1 or K2

Assaults
Sam's STK-5M (though I dropped MLas from 5 to 4 and increased the DHS)
Alternate 5M - something like 3x MLas, 1xERPPC, 5xSRM6, but drops some srm ammo and DHS. Ammo is made up for by being less aggressive using range, heat is made up by not using the PPC in CQC unless needed to finish someone
Atlas DDC 2xLBX10, 3xSRM6, 2xLLas. Though I normally only run this in a group I play with semi-regularly when we run 4 of these things. The crit-seeking capability is hilarious when you have 8xLBX10 spreading pellets all over an area

I've devolved into playing my founder atlas (dhs equipped) armed with lrm20+lrm10 (artemis)

Curious - why do 20+10 instead of 2x15 and save 1ton + 1crit slot for the same number of missiles but higher dps (dps difference is mostly due to recycle time of the lrm20 taking so long)?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 01:38:16 PM by Segoris »
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #2421 on: March 19, 2013, 02:06:39 PM

Have you guys picked a faction yet?  Can I suggest liao as it's sure to be entertaining and I won't have to look far to find you.

Marik. Its traditionally always been the best segment of the BT community from my perspective, they have always been very welcoming of new pilots compared to other houses because they have very little draw to newbs what with purple mechs and never being the good guys or cool bad guys of the universe. Therefore its members are mainly people seeking to fight on the underdog side or just have good fights and its resulted in a quite good culture of people who enjoy their mechs and are kind and helpful to the tiny trickle of newbies on the team where in Kurita/Steiner/Davion you are flooded with newbs to the point that they are better off ignored.

Marik also used to have by far the best website and has stayed quite active throughout the long downtime. Until a year or 3 ago I was still getting occasional mailing list updates from the MPBT3025 crowd.

Sharing a border with the Goon zerg will also mean no shortage of targets so that's a bonus as well this time I around.

Lastly if they do try to incentivize using your own factions mechs Marik will give a good variety of options to players and some of the more tech advanced variants which is a pretty big advantage in this game.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 02:28:25 PM by Hoax »

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #2422 on: March 19, 2013, 02:13:34 PM

I've devolved into playing my founder atlas (dhs equipped) armed with lrm20+lrm10 (artemis)

Curious - why do 20+10 instead of 2x15 and save 1ton + 1crit slot for the same number of missiles but higher dps (dps difference is mostly due to recycle time of the lrm20 taking so long)?

Happened to have 20 and 10 around and didn't bother to buy 2x15. I guess I should switch to 2x15 and maybe add a tag with the extra ton (no room for more heatsinks due to dhs)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #2423 on: March 19, 2013, 03:33:24 PM

Jagermech is absolute love.

First impressions on the new map?

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #2424 on: March 19, 2013, 04:23:26 PM

Between that, the three PC Gamer colors (black, red, off-white), and default green, I don't think I need to buy anymore.

Between that and the what now ?

http://pastebin.com/3CWR40fe

You get red, grey, and black ...as well as a custom skin on some of the early mechs...and some dumb booblehead.

Anyway.... DO IT NOW ...everyone

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Zaljerem
Terracotta Army

Reply #2425 on: March 19, 2013, 08:47:44 PM

You get red, grey, and black ...as well as a custom skin on some of the early mechs...and some dumb booblehead.

Leave the coconut monkey alone!

Cool that this is even still available ... as far as I know, the nVidia Dawn bobblehead is long gone ...

Every problem has a better solution when you start thinking about it differently than the normal way. - Steve Wozniak
When is [Minecraft] going to get together with DF, have a nice cuddle and a bottle of wine and finally produce the Baby that I want ? - Ironwood
"Thank you for helping us help you help us all." - GlaDOS
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #2426 on: March 19, 2013, 09:30:34 PM

Damn, close to 1k

Not bad for a spider....

I'm so hooked on this game.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Raknor
Terracotta Army

Reply #2427 on: March 19, 2013, 09:43:19 PM

With the addition of this new map and running a lot of mechs w/o AMS.. I'm finding the sky falling more and more. It's getting kind of irritating and feels a bit lame when you're team doesn't have ECM. Bleh, maybe it's just premades on the other side that don't look like it.  I take two steps out in the open to move and seem to get 3 TAG lines on me.

Perhaps it's time to try light mechs?
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #2428 on: March 19, 2013, 09:51:15 PM

Hows that work? Is it a for sure thing?

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #2429 on: March 19, 2013, 10:23:00 PM

Yes it is for sure and works as of a week ago. Just watch for the answer has to be all lower case for most.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #2430 on: March 19, 2013, 11:26:56 PM

jagermech is new boomcat. just with peekaboo arms, XL engine, and extra laser.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2431 on: March 20, 2013, 03:16:13 AM

Thanks Slay for the link and the concrete proof of how much win a nice Trenchbucket can be.

Had a powercut in my area just after the patch downloaded last night.  Fuckers.

I should be on tonight (probably all night baby) if anyone wants to tag-team.

Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #2432 on: March 20, 2013, 05:24:07 AM

If you don't have the pc gamer skin and the three free colours.

http://www.qqmercs.com/?p=15
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2433 on: March 20, 2013, 05:30:56 AM

That looks like a different red from the one I shelled out for.

Please?

Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #2434 on: March 20, 2013, 05:44:59 AM

Well, I know (now) that it's not crimson (which is what I bought), it's "PC Gamer Red" and is a bit duller (which is good, now I have 2 reds).  The grey also has a unique name (PC Gamer Gray), so it seems like that might be different from any gray that someone might have bought.  I can confirm that PC Gamer black seems identical to Obsidian Black.

Thanks Arthur & Slayerik!
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #2435 on: March 20, 2013, 05:46:02 AM

Oh, btw, I'm Baan (I stopped trying to get Typhon because it's always already taken)
Goreschach
Terracotta Army

Reply #2436 on: March 20, 2013, 05:49:59 AM

It's a great color combo, and you can use it with the phranken skin to save 3k mc.

Also, I really hope they redo the atlas skins. Comparing them back to back with the newish stalker skins really shows just how crappy the early ones are.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2437 on: March 20, 2013, 06:14:43 AM

There appears to be some murmering about Missiles and the Jager Head Hitbox.

Hilarious if true.

satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #2438 on: March 20, 2013, 06:15:01 AM

If you don't have the pc gamer skin and the three free colours.

http://www.qqmercs.com/?p=15

Thanks for that  awesome, for real
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #2439 on: March 20, 2013, 06:25:07 AM

[Apparently the PC Gamer skin was covered extensively, so editing that out.]

I'm a die-hard Steiner.  I may even get back with my old unit once Community Warfare hits since I know they're playing.  Only way I'd switch is if some of the Periphery states open up.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 06:33:02 AM by Lantyssa »

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #2440 on: March 20, 2013, 06:42:53 AM

How is it possible that your group mates don't show up with different coloured icons in game? Seriously , does Piranha understand that this is a multiplayer game?

A little better last night , actually survived 1 out of 3 battles. Love how for some reason the game randomly alt-tabs me out mid-battle.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2441 on: March 20, 2013, 07:10:53 AM

No, they don't because the Social tools still SUCK BALLS.  I mean, seriously, why do I not have an AFK flag to stop every cunt on f13 thinking I'm an ignorant cock ?

Also, Marik here.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2442 on: March 20, 2013, 07:27:55 AM

I really shouldn't run matches at 11:30 after a 3 hour minecraft marathon.  I got blown up all over the place because I was dumb and kept popping my head out.

Tried my Founder's Atlas with (2) LRM-15s and Artemis on the new map. Haven't found a decent sniper spot yet but it seemed to work well.  I need some build help with it, though, so I'll post it tonight if I remember.

I have an ultra AC-5 right now as a close-engagement weapon but fuck that. It jammed so often I'd have been better off with the AC2 for the amount of DPS it was able to dish.  My real problem was I ran out of LRM ammo too damn quick and had to engage close-up.

I was rather pissed it was down to me and another guy on my team  vs. an enemy Jenner on Conquest when my internet decided to die.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #2443 on: March 20, 2013, 07:36:21 AM

Ultras suck unless you've got a bunch of them.  AC/5 isn't a close-range weapon though.  You're way better off with a ML and a few heat sinks if that's your goal.

Go AC/20 for close range.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2444 on: March 20, 2013, 08:06:04 AM

3 is a good number.  You can fit 4 on that new Rifleman, but alas, nothing else.  So you can pretty much sit unmoving going 'pew pew pew'.

The A version of the Jager looks very, very configurable though.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #2445 on: March 20, 2013, 08:07:59 AM

Something is weird with LRMs. A guy just scored 1652 damage with a C4, only using LRM15. The thing is that he kept saying LRMs were broken BEFORE the match actually started, and by the end of it asked all of us to check his score and tell him it wasn't broken. Looks broken to me.

EDIT: Screenshot.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 08:10:26 AM by Falconeer »

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #2446 on: March 20, 2013, 08:33:45 AM

Nope they didn't fix the missile bugs so far in the slightest. But its not new they have been broken since I started playing this game.

-William Gibson
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #2447 on: March 20, 2013, 09:13:30 AM

I mentioned to someone last night that it felt like Jager's headbox was an easy kill...

New map is bad ass.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2448 on: March 20, 2013, 09:34:55 AM

Feels like EVERY head hitbox is absurdly large after this patch. I got headshot in the stalker - of all things - last night by a Catap who was 200m away.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2449 on: March 20, 2013, 09:38:05 AM

So I mention the missiles and the head and you all post that.

ACK!

I'm buying me a catapult tonight and stuffing it with LRMs.

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 132 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MechWarrior Online  |  Topic: Mechwarrior Online  
Jump to: