Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:47:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MechWarrior Online  |  Topic: Mechwarrior Online 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 132 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mechwarrior Online  (Read 974304 times)
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: November 18, 2011, 05:06:56 PM

You can play BattleTech online like right now, there are free virtual table tops for it.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: November 18, 2011, 05:13:06 PM

Yeah, they're free because they're unlicensed. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? Megamek isn't exactly what I'd call a mainstream release, either.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: November 18, 2011, 05:14:45 PM

They accept the custom mech files from the free mech builders though!

MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #73 on: November 19, 2011, 10:48:00 PM

Everything I see indicates these guys are trying to create an updated version of MPBT.  Since I wanted to do that back in 2002, my first question is "Are they hiring?"  MPBT was the first online game that ate my life.

--Dave (Lt. Col. Abuse Magnet TTO Skye Front, Ret.)

--Signature Unclear
Count Nerfedalot
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: November 21, 2011, 08:03:52 AM

Why is this in the MMO forum?  They specifically said they were not going into MMO territory re persistent world stuff.

Also, if you are wanting the "classic" Mechs of the original tabletop game, this is not the Mech game you are looking for.

And wtf is the resistance to having the compressed 360 degree viewscreen about anyway? The concept was tried and proven viable back in the 70s/80s whith that raster graphics tank game, so are they incompetent or just idiots trying to field a vaguely Mechwarrior-like world but with their own weird-ass vision and are just glomming onto the Mechwarrior name for its brand recognition with absolutely no desire to remain faithful to the original?

Yes, I know I'm paranoid, but am I paranoid enough?
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #75 on: November 22, 2011, 07:46:25 AM

Let's hope Cyanide gets the Battletech license  why so serious?

Seriously, with all the hate for Cyanide, I would kill for a Battletech videogame as good (and bad) as Blood Bowl.

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: February 28, 2012, 02:01:12 PM

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: February 29, 2012, 06:40:57 AM

tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #78 on: February 29, 2012, 06:42:33 AM

I'm hoping it's going to be PvP loot.
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: February 29, 2012, 08:24:31 AM

What they didn't show you was the Atlas making a gigantic crater, shattering into millions of pieces, and its reactor cracking open to bathe the landscape in the pallid fire of raw shattered atoms... because you can't drop 100-ton robots like you do a 180-pound airborne infantrymen.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: February 29, 2012, 08:37:42 AM

What they didn't show you was the Atlas making a gigantic crater, shattering into millions of pieces, and its reactor cracking open to bathe the landscape in the pallid fire of raw shattered atoms... because you can't drop 100-ton robots like you do a 180-pound airborne infantrymen.

I think it had a rocket pack, so maybe it was a special Jump Atlas.   why so serious?
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #81 on: February 29, 2012, 09:00:02 AM

What they didn't show was bungee cord. DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: February 29, 2012, 09:07:41 AM

I think it had a rocket pack, so maybe it was a special Jump Atlas.   why so serious?

When did they start installing jump jets on Atlas'?

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: February 29, 2012, 09:40:45 AM

It was an Add on from the drop ship, likely cast off on landing.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: February 29, 2012, 10:47:42 AM

Nothing wrong with jump jets on 100 ton mechs.  :P
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: February 29, 2012, 11:57:08 AM

Mechs were dropped in ablative cocoons from orbit.  The cocoon would take the reentry and pop off in the lower atmosphere, whereupon the mech would fire strap-on jump jets to slow enough to land safely.  It was described as a rather dangerous and harrowing prospect, especially given that the areospace pilots would use them for target practice if given the opportunity.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: March 01, 2012, 01:09:40 PM

Apparently most of that trailer was from the game-engine. Including the cockpit view.

Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: March 01, 2012, 01:37:44 PM

Apparently most of that trailer was from the game-engine. Including the cockpit view.

If that's true, I'll be extremely impressed.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: March 01, 2012, 03:56:01 PM

What?  No way. 
Now I'm intrigued err sad, 'cause I'm gonna have to get another video card. (it is Cryengine 3 after all, so I anticipate ridiculous terrain that eats GPUs for lunch)

Here's the devpost on it, 'cause you know...  link or it didnt happen right?   Ohhhhh, I see.
1) Yes, it's all in-game assets.
2) Yes, that is the actual HUD for the Atlas
3) Yes, it's a "low altitude drop"
4) Yes, that is a Hunchback in the background.
5) Yes, that is a Jenner in the background.
6) No, this is not a pre-rendered video with post effects. It is all in-game engine, the same engine driving the game.
7) Yes, we know that the term was "nominal" but unfortunately couldn't source the term for audio.
8) We are sorry, we didn't realize you guys wanted to look at a naked dude in a vest.
9) You guys have no clue how close to gameplay you're actually watching
10) No, you can't have the music.

Will update this as needed.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: March 02, 2012, 04:49:12 AM

It's hard to describe how happy in the pants hearing the voice list off everything coming online makes me.  Online Robot Voice is so Heart.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: March 02, 2012, 09:05:11 AM

Too bad that w/o LRM's (which I heard they may not have) it's near pointless to listen to.
"incoming missi..." BOOM!   Ohhhhh, I see.

The voice actually reminded me of "Mission to Mars."  Definitely cool.

I'm really hoping they go ahead with the startup/shutdown sequence, throw in heat generation, and allow shutdown mechs to have less radar/IR signature.  Sitting in a chokepoint with a shutdown mech is cool and all, but there wasnt enough of a price to pay when you can startup the entire machine in 1-click and 0.5 seconds.  Something tells me fusion reactor bohemoths take a bit longer to fire up.

Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: March 02, 2012, 11:22:55 AM

Too bad that w/o LRM's (which I heard they may not have)

What.
 Mob

In other news, I've been searching for the audio of the mech's startup sequence from MW2 for frickin' YEARS to use as the startup sound for my computer.  The only one I've ever been able to find is 'dirty', bits of background music behind her voice; someone clearly just recorded it from in-game rather than finding the audio file in the game and extracting it.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #92 on: March 02, 2012, 11:29:39 AM

This one?

The one I think you want starts at the 2 min mark.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: March 02, 2012, 11:33:59 AM

I've gotta dig up the LRM rumour, dont quote me on that.  They may also change the way it works They'll HAVE to change the mechanics of it.  Bodypart snipes with LRM are imba.
If they get the missile warning right and allow some kind of countermeasure, maybe leave em in?  Stick with unguided?  nerf the dmg. heavily?  Raise the heat generation?  dunno.

Anyways, in MW2/3 you could win the game with just that one weapon, especially against the AI.  Typical routine:
-kite with LRMs
-target the leg
-blow off the leg (incapacitates the mech)
-move in for the quick kill from behind (or just blow off the other leg)

JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: March 02, 2012, 11:36:17 AM

This one?

The one I think you want starts at the 2 min mark.

That's the music.   Here's the voice (music is still present in the background though)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_JE6gXBOKw
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 11:39:00 AM by JWIV »
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: March 02, 2012, 11:37:55 AM

That would be sweet to use for a start up.

WTB MP3!

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: March 02, 2012, 11:41:56 AM

I used to have the wav.  I'll see if I can dig it up.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: March 02, 2012, 11:42:53 AM

Id love you more than I do now.

JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: March 02, 2012, 11:46:53 AM

Jherad
Terracotta Army

I find Rachel Maddow seriously hot.

Reply #99 on: March 02, 2012, 11:53:18 AM

Oh wow.

It's hard to describe how happy in the pants hearing the voice list off everything coming online makes me.  Online Robot Voice is so Heart.

I was all  Mob when I heard 'all systems online', then I was happy again when I saw

7) Yes, we know that the term was "nominal" but unfortunately couldn't source the term for audio.

I'm such a nerd.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: March 02, 2012, 03:57:43 PM

I'm really hoping they go ahead with the startup/shutdown sequence, throw in heat generation, and allow shutdown mechs to have less radar/IR signature.  Sitting in a chokepoint with a shutdown mech is cool and all, but there wasnt enough of a price to pay when you can startup the entire machine in 1-click and 0.5 seconds.  Something tells me fusion reactor bohemoths take a bit longer to fire up.

If they actually make a functional cockpit, I will subscribe to this game for infinity.
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #101 on: March 02, 2012, 04:01:56 PM

Too bad that w/o LRM's (which I heard they may not have) it's near pointless to listen to.
"incoming missi..." BOOM!   Ohhhhh, I see.

The voice actually reminded me of "Mission to Mars."  Definitely cool.
The voice is directly from MW2, I think.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: March 02, 2012, 08:07:34 PM

Mech Sounds

A very similar nominal plus startup, shutdown, and self destruct.  I can't tell if it's just slightly quieter, or if it has slightly less noise in the background.  I'm not an audiophile though, so JWIV's might be the same.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #103 on: March 02, 2012, 08:42:56 PM

The voice is from Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries.

-edit-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uvm9V2A41CA

Ozzu
Terracotta Army

Reply #104 on: March 04, 2012, 04:34:28 AM

So, let me get this right. This is MPBT: 3025, but using CryEngine 3?

Um. Yes please? I was crushed when MPBT: 3025 didn't make it out of beta.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 132 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MechWarrior Online  |  Topic: Mechwarrior Online  
Jump to: