Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 14, 2024, 06:55:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MechWarrior Online  |  Topic: Mechwarrior Online 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 132 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mechwarrior Online  (Read 1027393 times)
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #3850 on: June 28, 2014, 03:54:08 PM

Four.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #3851 on: June 29, 2014, 09:30:44 AM

I just had a great match in my Golden Boy Kintaro, which I use fitted with 2 ER Large Lasers and 2 Artemis SR6 to be able to hit decently from any range. Anyway, I scored 740 damage and picked up 4 kills and 4 assists. I was the second to last to die leaving only an Atlas in our team to battle their last 'mech, a Warhawk, in a nailbiter game-deciding 1 on 1. Our Atlas only had its back internals exposed but was completely fine in the front, and with 4 LL (other weapons gone) it had more than a chance to kill the enemy Warhawk which had all its three front torsos exposed. Easy win, right?

Wrong. The Warhawk had elevation while our Atlas was down in one of the Canyons of Canyon Network. For fairness, that's not an easy position for an Atlas with all low-mounted weapons, but with the Warhawk so badly damaged carefful aiming should allow enough damage to go through and snatch the win. But no, our Atlas kept chain-firing (for no reason) its 4 LL against the crest of the ridge while trying to climb it, which is impossible in an Atlas, hugging the goddamned mountain. The Warhawk kept its elevated position and exploiting our guy's dumbness peppered it a bit with some AC. We were all yelling in chat to backpedal to get a better shooting angle, so... guess what the idiot comes up with?

HE TURNED AROUND AND MOVES AWAY FROM THE RIDGE. He didn't go reverse while keeping up the lasering, no, he turned the fuck around, leaving its exposed internals open for the Warhawk to score the easy kill without any chance of retaliation.

Fuckin' uneblievable. I couldn't resist and in an effort to help the guy I typed in chat "Are you new, Xenes? You had exposed internals in the back, you shouldn't have turned around..." and before he can answer the post match screen came up and noticed this guy had the LEGENDARY FOUNDER badge.

*sigh*

I fucking love and hate this game.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #3852 on: June 29, 2014, 10:24:25 AM

Founders can be dumbasses too.  Look how many of them have Clan mechs they have No Fucking Clue on.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #3853 on: June 29, 2014, 10:29:42 AM

You know, I was just surprised at his/her absolute lack of understanding of the basics. A Founder has been in the game for almost two years so if anything you would think they know how it works. I understand having terrible aiming and bad positioning, but turning your exposed back when you have an armored front in a 1 on 1?

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3854 on: June 29, 2014, 10:56:40 AM

It's almost as if founders fucked off or sold accounts due to terrible implementation and blatant cash grabs!

Noo.. who would have POSSIBLY done that. why so serious?

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #3855 on: June 29, 2014, 11:04:12 AM

The thought had occurred.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #3856 on: June 29, 2014, 11:06:02 AM

Ha, that actually makes sense.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #3857 on: June 29, 2014, 01:09:41 PM

I had my first battle in 4+? months (God fucking hell who the fuck designed that UI?  swamp poop) and I'll attest to the fact people are idiots.
I mean shit it took me a cpl of minutes to even remember how to turn on my advance zoom and chain fire and I still finished with 4 kills (hahah locusts, you amuse me so).

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3858 on: June 30, 2014, 04:22:30 AM

Since we are swapping "people are idiots" stories

First game in my new Cat C1 stock apart from heat sink swaps to double and maxed armour (fuck fighting the UI to do anything else, I wanna play) I shut myself down with blasting my 4 meds too much and I hadn't figured out how to set them on chain fire. Then I wake up and turn around to find myself faced by 4 meds (2 hunchbacks and 2 others I cant remember) with me backed up against a canyon wall with them all inside LRM range. I finally remember how to set to chain fire but I basically write myself off at this point. So what do you think they did?

THEY BLEW MY FAT USELESS LRM ARMS OFF!! Hello? And then started firing at my sides while my Lazors cored one and blew the side off another. I actually lost a side torso (XL Engine? Hell no!) before they decided to actually fire at my big fat center. I was sitting openmouthed at the screen. I mean I'm not the best player in the world but fuck sake I'm Genghis Khan compared with those clowns.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 12:42:20 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #3859 on: June 30, 2014, 05:01:15 AM

Do you know how many still don't target enemies? It must be my present ELO bracket (pretty low considering the shitty 'mechs I force myself into. Last night for example I wanted to make a few idiotic statements so I went around with my Awesome Pretty Baby for nine matches, racking up 2 kills and 9 deaths in the process), but when I die and spectate other people it's just mindblowing how many I still see just shooting everything they have (including LRMs) point blank, shutting off repeatedly, without targeting shit. The same people you see disappearing from the map while the enemy score goes up by one because they died in a lone corner of the playfield withouth even the courtesy of signaling enemy presence.

So yeah, you must have faced a whole band of non-targeters. They love to spray you with weapons, who knows where you could be holding ammo?  awesome, for real

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #3860 on: June 30, 2014, 08:33:55 AM

Yeah, that FUCKS ME RIGHT OFF.

It takes seconds to press the R key and you get information on what the fuck is going on.  We had one chap and all the spectators were screaming at him to target.  The 3 guys he were up against - one was fully armored and the other two were nanoseconds away from death.

You can imagine which one this dipshit was whaling on.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #3861 on: June 30, 2014, 09:56:08 AM

I wish I'd fight these guys.  I always go up against the one who can hit with pinpoint accuracy regardless of facing, movement, or cover.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #3862 on: July 01, 2014, 08:41:22 AM

Interesting screenshots from their brand new Match Making Command Centre that will go live with tomorrow's patch. In case it wasn't clear, this is a Dev tool, but I am curious and this shows some of the logic behind the matchmaking and the hidden ELO.

A couple more behind the spoiler.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #3863 on: July 01, 2014, 08:55:30 AM

What would be interesting to see is statistics tying battle win/losses to ELO differences and mech weight differences.

Seeing how much correlation there is would be interesting to determine how accurate ELO is as a skill marker.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #3864 on: July 01, 2014, 04:57:50 PM

biggest issue is group elo vs individual elo
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #3865 on: July 01, 2014, 09:34:38 PM

Yeah. Now the question is to find out at last how much of a comical divide we can have between stalwart IS defenders' version of things, versus ... well, clan mechs being clan mechs.

ahh, the payoff. Read someone today literally saying "[The Timberwolf] is not strictly OP, but it performs better at everything than any other chassis."
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #3866 on: July 02, 2014, 01:28:55 AM

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #3867 on: July 02, 2014, 01:55:57 AM

Isn't the divide going to get even greater once all the clan pilots get their pilot skills maxed out?  why so serious?
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #3868 on: July 02, 2014, 02:08:57 AM

Absolutely, yes, but so will be the nerfs. And there will be nerfs. The problem is that they will take a long time cause PGI wants to sell as many Clan 'mechs for real money as possible before hitting them with the nerfhammer.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3869 on: July 03, 2014, 02:25:38 AM

I just logged onto my twitch account for the first time in forever, and I loged onto the No guts no galaxy stream, and there was a dev there who had was just answering a querstion, I didnt see the Q but this is his answer...

Paulinouye: Kin3ticx: that's part of the flavor of Clans.. they need their unique feel... we just took them down a notch and made more of their damage splash rather than pin point to allow them to keep their range/tonage/size power

SO there you go...

(edit) oh and later after saying they would be re;leasing Clan modiles and then doing the next tier for both...

Z0eff: moar range for my ER mediums?

Paulinouye: Z0eff: They should reach out to 2KM soon

Excuse me while I start screaming. I hope he was trolling...
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 02:31:58 AM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #3870 on: July 03, 2014, 03:28:40 AM

He was trolling. All the ranges have been cut down in the past few months, and the weapon modules tend to increase your range by 1% and things like that. Nothing to fear about that.

In other news, looks like 3/3/3/3 works. Yesterday there were so few Assaults around (only 3 Assaults and 3 Heavies per side can be in any given match that the game felt very refreshing to me. As a Medium 'mechs lover myself things were much more enjoyable yesterday, and my Hunchback, Kintaro and Centurion felt definitely more useful.

Then again, MWO wouldn't be a PGI game without some stupid choices, and since they put back 5-12 grouping, there are lots of reports of groups of 5 being constantly steamrolled by groups of 12. Not sure if that could have been helped in any way. The 12-players queue was pretty much empty so they had to give something back for those who like to play wth a full team. Sadly, that doesn't work out for some other small teams. Too bad.

EDIT: Some observation from the match maker engineer Karl Berg.

Quote from: PGI's Karl Berg
The matchmaker should be providing weight class for weight class, even when it is forced to deviate from 3's. This means if the other team had 6 to 8 assaults, your team will have the same.
8 of one weight class seems really unlikely though. Exactly one game, out of all the games played today so far, has had 8 of one weight class.
edit: Just running additional numbers; 1.2% of solo games have had 6 of one weight class, and 5% of group games have had 6 of one weight class. The majority of these games happened during the morning hours when we were still tuning behaviours for production; so hopefully games like this are very rare for you.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 07:36:42 AM by Falconeer »

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #3871 on: July 03, 2014, 01:02:44 PM

Well I met Arthur Parker and Samprimary today hiding in random games. Come back y'all, no reason to be ashamed.  why so serious?

Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #3872 on: July 03, 2014, 03:51:11 PM

Well I met Arthur Parker and Samprimary today hiding in random games. Come back y'all, no reason to be ashamed.  why so serious?

wait which name again?
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #3873 on: July 03, 2014, 03:56:08 PM

Lefteye. And you are GG Unit, right?

Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #3874 on: July 04, 2014, 12:46:03 AM

i am, if you see me drag me into groups always.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #3875 on: July 04, 2014, 12:51:20 AM

I'll drag you down. I play inefficient 'mechs because I like to play with a handicap, so I blow up a lot. You sure you are up for that?

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #3876 on: July 04, 2014, 01:30:51 AM

I am.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3877 on: July 04, 2014, 07:51:37 AM

If you see me online shoot me an invite too. I'm only on a couple of times a week but I'm up for detonating a lot. I have cunningly hidden my identity by calling myself Sir T.

Hic sunt dracones.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #3878 on: July 04, 2014, 10:53:00 AM

Argh, I thought that people were exaggerating how awful the new mech lab is... but sadly I just got a first-hand taste on the horror. It was almost enough to make me uninstall the game again before even playing a single match...almost.  Ohhhhh, I see. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #3879 on: July 04, 2014, 11:16:15 AM

Pro tip: if you click "Select 'Mech" in the upper left corner, a new screen that allows you to select the 'mech to play with and also swap consumables and modules on the fly will pop up. This was just added a few days ago, and helps a lot finding the 'mech you want to play with.

About everything else, it's mindblowing how many things are missing or inefficient in the mechlab still. Sure, you get used to it, and they improve it from time to time, but considering it's an interface that took them A YEAR to make I would definitely consider it the biggest testament to their ineptitude.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #3880 on: July 04, 2014, 01:11:00 PM

The old interface was better, so that's saying something.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #3881 on: July 04, 2014, 03:32:39 PM

How the fuck can a Warhawk only do 15 damage in a match ?  WAKE THE FUCK UP.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #3882 on: July 06, 2014, 05:50:54 AM

Something's really changed tho - I'm having fun again.  I think the team balance shit is working or something...

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3883 on: July 06, 2014, 06:42:14 AM

Well, it was as little fun to see 6 Jenners swarming over a ridge as it was to see 4 Atlases and 2 Stalkers rounding a corner.

Its what I was trying to get at pages ago - equal weight (in this case wight classes) mean equal potential capability on both sides.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 06:55:40 AM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #3884 on: July 06, 2014, 07:52:14 AM

Last night around 1am (CET) I was about to go to sleep when Samprimary and his friend invited me to group up. Ended up going to bed at 6am, and I only noticed it was that late because daylight invaded my room. We died a lot, but damn we had fun. Also, all hail the 3 AMS + ECM Kit Fox.

Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 132 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MechWarrior Online  |  Topic: Mechwarrior Online  
Jump to: