Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 12:50:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#5 - Game Day #3 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: S#5 - Game Day #3  (Read 31540 times)
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #35 on: October 27, 2011, 08:53:43 PM

1-1 tie, due to Norse passing/picking up ball in tackle zone bullshit.

LOL

And wow, Beardstorm has a REALLY efficient TV it seems.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #36 on: October 27, 2011, 08:54:44 PM

Not as efficient as it would be without the deathroller, who is ON NOTICE. Although ultimately its 2 turnovers didn't really impact the outcome.

EDIT: I got Tebowned.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 09:00:07 PM by Ingmar »

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #37 on: October 27, 2011, 09:35:31 PM

After watching the first half that death roller was seriously more trouble than it was worth.  I'm sure that's not always the case though.

Edit: wow, that was some serious bullshit for the tying TD.  Kudos, Sjofn.  It was well played bullshit, but bullshit all the same.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 09:46:46 PM by Ruvaldt »

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #38 on: October 27, 2011, 09:41:15 PM

The deathroller was secretly rooting for The Mutiny.

EDIT: And yes, it was COMPLETE BULLSHIT.  Love Letters
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 10:20:31 PM by Sjofn »

God Save the Horn Players
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: October 27, 2011, 10:21:25 PM

Ringer.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #40 on: October 27, 2011, 10:59:21 PM

For what it's worth, I think my 1-1 tie with you was even more bullshit, eldaec.

Scadente
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: October 28, 2011, 01:09:12 AM

Scadente, what times work for you?
Sunday, most likely, you are in the States, amirite?

"Problem" is that I'm finishing my Masters Degree, so this weekends celebration is going to be all over the place, and I can't exactly promise that I'll be up early on Sun.

I'm in GMT time-zone.

So the kids on the internet say that you're a big noise?
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: October 28, 2011, 05:22:37 AM

1-1 tie, due to Norse passing/picking up ball in tackle zone bullshit.

I watched the game this morning.  I laughed, I cried, I  Popcorn!  I am severely fortunate that I don't have to play you (yet), as Dwarfs would just wreck the 'flings.

That said,  awesome, for real for Norse bullshit.  GJ Sjofn  Grin

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: October 28, 2011, 06:17:58 AM

She played the Dwarf card against my elves, and now she plays the Elf card against the dwarves!  Talk about a versatile coach!
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: October 28, 2011, 11:00:16 AM

Lamaros, I've had something come up with the family that will make our game tonight be postponed.  How does 7PM EST tomorrow sound?

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #45 on: October 28, 2011, 12:51:43 PM

She played the Dwarf card against my elves, and now she plays the Elf card against the dwarves!  Talk about a versatile coach!

Ha, I had even joked that for a change of pace I was playing my Norse like elves, instead of playing my elves like Norse. I could've used their awesome AV8, I think. ><

Bann
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: October 28, 2011, 02:37:11 PM

My game crashed while Canklebiter and I were trying to play our game. (I blame the snow. All of my crashes happen while its snowing.) Can we please get a reset?

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #47 on: October 28, 2011, 03:10:08 PM

Eldaec, I'm pretty free this weekend, or can at least re-arrange things to work with you.  Will be free starting in about 2 hours, and then for the rest of the weekend.  I'm on PST, just let me know when your available to play, or message me on steam.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Strazos

Reply #48 on: October 28, 2011, 03:11:26 PM

Scadente, what times work for you?
Sunday, most likely, you are in the States, amirite?

"Problem" is that I'm finishing my Masters Degree, so this weekends celebration is going to be all over the place, and I can't exactly promise that I'll be up early on Sun.

I'm in GMT time-zone.

I should be pretty free this weekend. I'm 5 hours behind you, so just look for me on Steam this weekend when you're able.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #49 on: October 28, 2011, 03:25:26 PM

Bann and Cancklebiter's match has ben rerset.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: October 28, 2011, 04:01:04 PM

Lamaros, I've had something come up with the family that will make our game tonight be postponed.  How does 7PM EST tomorrow sound?

No worries. I'll have to check on time conversions, but IIRC that would be at 10am my Sunday (24 hours from now) which is fine.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: October 28, 2011, 04:39:50 PM

Blodging Amazons 2 vs Wood Elves lacking bullshit 1

Fianna Chulain | 1 - 2 | F13 Catfighters

A game were Wood Elves were failing 1+ passes or 1+ catches, Amazon Blodging all over the place, Elf Loners picking up balls in 5 tacklezones and some really bad rolls by the Wood Elves right when they needed them.

Despite this, the game should have been an Elf Win - there were headed to an easy 2-0 lead with the reciving kick in the second half, but some crucial failed passes doomed them. It was helped that one of the Wardancers spent 2/3's of the game KO'ed and 1 Lineelf badly hurt and another one out for the next game.

One of the Amazon Bliters leveld up - should I get Tackle, Mightly Blow or Stand Firm? One other Amazon Lineswomen/Blodger is out for the next game.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Cancklebiter
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: October 28, 2011, 04:56:18 PM

Thanks Falc appreciated.
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: October 28, 2011, 05:17:22 PM

The Minizilla's 2 - Slann the Man 1

The wizard proved the deciding factor in the game that didn't have much finesse or pretty plays but was all about the battle between the Saurus' and Ginaz just couldn't break my armour whereas I scored a KO and injured his Krox giving me the strength advantage for most of the match in terms of the numbers. My mighty Blow and Break tackle saurus were especially useful but I think I might have focused too much on hitting his big guys rather than his skinks since the only casualty (which was quite a bad one as it was a level 3 skink who died) was 1 of Ginaz's skinks.

First half I elect to receive and form a sideline cage which Ginaz can't get close to for a few turns and when he does get a couple of Saurus' in hitting range I elect to score rather than delay since I don't have sidestep on the skink handler. On my kickoff Ginaz twice fails to pick up the ball with his sure hands skink which has let me get within scoop up and scoring range if I can clear the 2 skinks marking the ball, I summon the wizard who works for only the second time in 1 and a half seasons (oddly the other time was also against a lizard opponent when I played HHB last season and stopped his Krox scoring) KO'ing the sure hands skink so with only 1 tackle zone on the ball now I rush a skink through who succeeds the pickup and I score a second touchdown on turn 6.

Nothing much happens in the final 2 turns that I recall and tbh the second half is a bit of blur as well, I didn't position as well as I did in the first half though some tempting positioning forced me to go too aggresively after Ginaz with the ball and though I popped it free Ginaz won it back and then slipped his skinks through the holes I had left in my screen. Ginaz parked close to the endzone and was due a score but wanted to do some bashing first and almost screwed it up when he rolled a double push into skulls but my 2d skink blitz came up with defender stumbles which Ginaz artfully sidestepped away and though I got some markers on Ginaz's skink he dodged away easily to run in his score of the game.

I enjoyed the game though I suspect it was a little more frustrating for Ginaz since all the attacking dice did seem to be heavily with me tonight.

Game is uploaded on BBmanager.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #54 on: October 28, 2011, 05:20:13 PM

Catfighters vs Fianna Chulain has ended 2-1 to the Amazons. Nuffle's zero tolerance policy on Elven Bullshit extended to even mundane tasks like picking up the ball and passing to unmarked catchers with an agi5 thrower.

Comstar was receiving in the first half and caged up to come down the pitch. I try and stall him as much as I can vs a team that has universal Dodge, near universal Block and a generous sprinkling of Guard to boot. Finally I take the ball carrier down just a few squares from my endzone, pass it back down the field only for the Elf on the other end to fluff the catch. The Catfighters fail to pick the ball up and the Elves grab it again, and pass it to a Wardancer who runs to safety with it before scoring the next turn. For the second drive, I'm down to 9 players while the Catfighters are down one due to a sending off earlier. I kick short and the Catfighters fumble the pickup, leaving the ball open in the middle of the pitch. I blitz away the Catfighter next to the ball with a wardancer and pick the ball up while pushing a few receivers down the pitch. The Wardancer with the ball is blitzed back however and the ball is dropped in the middle of a big scrum. I try to push the ball free by blitzing a Catfighter onto it but the ball bounces into an even worse position than it was in previously. Thinking there's another Catfighter turn I pull off the only bit of Elven bullshit in the game by Leaping onto the ball and picking it up from the middle of four Amazon tacklezones. Unfortuantely I can't do anything with it as the Wardancer has blitzed so the last turn of the half turn ends and I'm up 1-0.

For the second half I have only 8 Elves, a KO'd Wardancer has been added to the missing and won't recover for the rest of the match. I go for a standard 2 turn TD but my Agi 5 thrower manages to fumble a pass. The Amazons knock him down and I have to use my apothecary to keep him in the game. The Amazons get the ball and throw it but the Blitzer on the other end of the pass drops the catch. I have a few unmarked players and I can throw the ball to a lineman who can hand it off to someone in scoring range, unfortunately the Agi5 player who I was using to pick the ball up and throw it to safety is wearing boxing gloves and fails to get the ball off the ground. The Catfighters have a gift of a score, the ball is close to my endzone and within easy readh of several of their players, they easily blitz away the Elf who just failed to pick the ball up and walk in an equaliser.

For the next drive, I'm still down to 8 players and the kick is very short. I put a couple of players deep into the Amazon half but fail a dodge (mr Agi5 again) before I can do much. The thrower with the ball is mugged and the Amazons get the ball. I disengage a couple of players and manage to blitz down the ball carrier, killing her in the process although the apothecary saves it to a Broken Jaw instead. An Elf dodges around the Amazons to get the ball but fluffs the pickup and the ball bounces into the hands of the Elf who just threw the blitz meaning I can't do anything with it. Naturally the Catfighters are able to take him down and then walk in a second score.

I've got three turns left to equalise the game so I again go for the standard two turn TD. The kick is so short it's caught by an Elf on the line of scrimmage so I put my remaining Wardancer deep into the Amazon half dodge the guy with the ball clear and throw it to her. The line-elf makes the throw but the unmarked Wardancer fails the 2+ catch. The Amazons surround the ball and I try the previous trick of leaping onto it as there's no other way I can get the ball short of throwing some -2D blocks to try and knock it free. It doesn't work and the Amazons castle up with the ball rather than try for a third and possibly give me an opportunity to draw.

It was a super frustrating match for me as the routine stuff failed at the worst times, balls consistently bounced into the worst position and the Amazons were nigh-impossible to knock over - I got 4 knock downs all match. Three solid scoring opportunities failed on rolls that should have been routine actions (2+ or 3+ with a reroll) two of those left the ball wide open for the Catfighters to walk in uncontested touchdowns.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: October 28, 2011, 05:34:35 PM

Watching Megrim and Andy's game.

Seriously, does Andy have the best dice in the world? Not only are half his skillups doubles, but Megrim has rolled double skulls twice in his first three turns... two turns later and Megrim has killed one Thrall, hurt another, KOed a third, and only saved a Vampire from death through an apoth...
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 05:37:58 PM by lamaros »
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #56 on: October 28, 2011, 06:46:28 PM

And you couldn't validate some matches while you were in there?  Mob

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: October 28, 2011, 09:02:06 PM

Alive not Dead 2-1 over Rouge Rogues.

Before the game I fired my cheerleader and assistant coach, in order to eke out as many inducements as I could. With 760k I took both the elf star players, a babe, a wizard, and an apothecary. I also had three journeymen. I started the game very demoralized at facing my perennial opponent Llyse when my team was at its weakest (sorry if I seemed grumpy at first, Llyse!).

The first play went pretty much as I expected it to - all the Guard spread around the Necromantic team meant their formation was pretty much untouchable, and though I managed to knock out their ball-carrying Wight, I wasn't able to stop a Werewolf from recovering the ball and scoring on turn 6.

For the second drive, I started my offense by dodging both my star players past the line of scrimmage, and he responded by sacking my quarterback and surrounding the ball in my half, but neither of us could turn the situation into a score before halftime.

I started the second half by leaping one star player up the field while I formed a cage around the ball near the LoS. Llyse didn't quite commit enough players to either side of the pitch, and I scored an unhindered passing TD on turn 10.

The third drive was where things got really exciting, and restored my faith in elven bullshit. I kicked the ball far upfield and a Wight picked it up. I run a couple elves up through holes in his line while he pounded away at the rest of my team. Suddenly, both my star players were KO'd and my Catcher sent off with a strained groin. Knowing this was my last chance to act, I hit his wight with a lightning bolt, picked up the ball with a Lineman, passed it across the pitch to a Blitzer, and dodged him away from his mark towards the endzone. It was beautiful. Of course, my MV7 Blitzer was 8 squares away from the goal line, and I burned my reroll on the dodge. As he approached that final square, I cast aside my atheism and prayed to any gods that would listen to deliver him safely, but of course he fucked up the GFI and stunned himself, leaving the ball lying in the endzone.

If his armor had held together I would have had a good chance at getting up, picking up the ball and establishing a 2-1 lead. But with him down that extra turn, I couldn't stop the Necromantic guys from knocking down the rest of my team and walking the ball all the way back up the field for a turn 16 score.

It felt like an incredibly close game, which was way more than I could have asked for given the disparity in teams and coaches. Moreso when you consider that the entire game was played in a blizzard, meaning I couldn't even do anything beyond a short pass (and that my crucial GFI failure was actually a rolled 2). So, I ended the game happier than when I started it - albeit less so given that I have no able-bodied Catchers for next game now. Oh well, at least Modern Angel's goblins won't get any bribe inducements against me.  Ohhhhh, I see.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #58 on: October 29, 2011, 12:30:49 AM

Zellar Dwellarz 1 - Reborne's Wrestlers 0

This match should have been 2-0, but I got greedy. The game started with a kick out of bounds that ended up in my gutter runner's hands. A break down the left sideline, a quick pass later and I'm a turn from scoring. A goddamn snotling can't stop the touchdown, but a blitzing ogre tries and fails. The DODGE however to make the touchdown on the next turn fails, sending the ball into the middle of the pitch where it was retrieved by a series of snotlings. A few gutter runner blitzes later and the ball is in my hands and I'm crossing the goal line - two turns later than I should have. The next kickoff starts a riot which speeds the clock up by a turn. My kickoff goes out of the end zone and into the waiting arms of an ogre with +1 AGI and strong arm, but Reborne is unable to get him into the endzone before the half.

The second half kickoff finds the ball in the same ogre's hands, and he begins to press hard up the middle. It's slow going, with rat bodies flying everywhere but finally on turn 14 I pry the ball loose with a gutter runner one square from the ball. The runner takes it down the sidelines, past a screen of snotlings who fail to stop his progress. With nothing in range to stop a touchdown, I begin the last turn with only one or two moves besides the touchdown. Rather than just take the 2-0 victory, I blitz my stormvermin on a snotling in the hopes of getting a casualty but instead Cyanide's shit UI doesn't inform me the blitz will result in a GFI which I fail. Game over, but at least I win.

With only 570k in inducements, I took a second stormvermin with guard, a halfling chef (which got me 3 rerolls first half, 2 the second) and another apothecary. He managed to kill 1 mercenary rat and injure another merc, but no permanent damage to any of my other team. My winnings rerolled from 20k to 30k. Woot? I don't even think I got any levels.

Reborne
Terracotta Army

something something plays a shitload of Blood Bowl something something

Reply #59 on: October 29, 2011, 12:54:19 AM

Wrestlers 0 - 1 Zellar Dwellarz

I came so close to scoring!
Thats how bad nuffle hates HaemishM

Once again Sid Vicious, my ball carrying ogre puts in a star performance only to have the MVP go to a snotling that spent most of his time on his back.

Game starts with me losing 3 rerolls and that really hurt.
Many Boneheads could have been averted.
A few blocks would have been... probably just as bad with the mood nuffle was in.

Next is a high kick that is dropped but no big deal for rats.
The rat ogre pushes a hole in my line and then there are rats running down the field and the game starts getting interesting.
I couldn't stop the ball carrier but nuffle could!
Well, slow it down anyway.
Takes a few extra turns of fooling around in my half before they score and things really aren't looking great for me.

Then I recieve and the crowd goes nuts, the ball goes flying and then gets politely handed to Sid who begins walking it down the field but can't find a gap.
Ogres got a little excited by this turn of events and accidentally killed a merc.

Next half went much better for me.
I managed to stall to the point where it was only due to a mistake that it wasn't 2 - 0.
Opening push leads to 2 k.o.'d rats and and a rat ogre that is kept on the field by an apothacary.

Rats were falling all over the place and ogres slowly make their way down the field.
I forgot to press the blitz button at one point and it cost me a touch down.
A few times Sid got knocked down but gets back up, picks up the ball and for good measure punches a rat.
Got so close to scoring and then HaemishM has a lucky break where his rat stands up to one of my ogres.
He runs the ball in one turn so far that I can't score by the end of the game unless I manage to pass and to top it off, the one ogre that could have done anything about it boneheads the blitz.

Thats when the failed GFI saves me from a worse defeat.

It's always fun playing with all of you  awesome, for real

"We apologise for the inconvenience" - God's Final Message to His Creation.
Bann
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: October 29, 2011, 11:24:46 AM

Dandies 2 - 0 Llium Crusher

Dandies Win; Killstreak continues

The game started out with a seemingly perfect open for the undead. A short kick to the left side of the field was attempted (without a kick player!) and the ball was set to land just 1 square on my side of the pitch. The kickoff event was.... BLITZ! The undead swarmed under where the ball was to land, but none of them could manage to reel it in. a very lucky bounce for me resulted in a touchback, and I handed it to my runningback. I had setup a grabbing blitzer next to a frenzy wright, and managed to use my blitz to surf him off the right side of the pitch. That surf combined with a overload on the blitz to the left led to a pretty heathy cage on the right side of midfield, that I was able to grind up the pitch. I stalled for a few turns, and on one of them the undead armor fell apart, with a Ghoul being killed and a few other injuries (of which most were regenerated.) The Dandies scored around turn 4 and kicked to the undead. After a scrum in the middle, Llium was poised to equalize on turn 8, but a lineman with wrestle managed to convert The Dandies final re-roll into a both down, preserving the human lead going into the half.

The 2nd half opened with a pitch invasion that left seemingly the entire undead team on their backs. They managed to get the ball into the hands of a ghoul and get it half caged near midfield. The ghoul carrying the ball eventually tripped on a dodge and the ball spent a few turns on the pitch, only to finally be scooped up by the humans and moved downfield for a turn 16 score.

The dandies had no injuries and leveled 2 blitzers to 4, as well as the ogre to level 5. The undead had no levelups (I believe) and should have everyone but the dead ghoul available for next game. One of the mummies picked up -1 ag as well.

AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: October 29, 2011, 12:29:54 PM

With well over half the games played, maybe we could see something resembling a validation at some point? Mob   or is this more like... Beating a Dead Horse
Strazos

Reply #62 on: October 29, 2011, 12:39:41 PM

While I too am generally a fan of quick validations...1) It's still just Falc who has permission, correct? and 2) Validating more than once doesn't accomplish a whole lot.

Fear the Backstab!
AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: October 29, 2011, 12:41:30 PM

it's point 2 that was what i was complaining about, your assuming that they are validated once, we are 1 validation short of this right now. (game day 3 i'm talking about)
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: October 29, 2011, 03:54:54 PM

Running a bit late but on my way!
Strazos

Reply #65 on: October 29, 2011, 04:51:26 PM

it's point 2 that was what i was complaining about, your assuming that they are validated once, we are 1 validation short of this right now. (game day 3 i'm talking about)

Slow your roll there, tiger. What difference does it make if games are validated OMFGASAP, or just as a group at the end of the gameday, or somewhere in between?

I realize the urge to get back in and tinker can be strong if you're expecting some level up's, but it's probably best if we all just relax.

Fear the Backstab!
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: October 29, 2011, 05:10:42 PM

Throw a Halfling into another Halfling and what do you get? Two injured halflings!
Try to dodge Halflings away from a Rat Ogre and what do you get? Dead and injured Halflings!

The game was pretty much as expected overall. The chef pulled in most of my rerolls each half but I still managed to score. In the final turns there was only one Halfling left uninjured. Luckton could have scored with a bit of luck, but he might have also gone down by a few more.

My new blitzer picked up a niggling injury, so I will probably need a new one of those. A couple of players got MNG.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 05:19:32 PM by lamaros »
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: October 29, 2011, 05:14:44 PM

Dandies 2 - 0 Llium Crusher

Dandies Win; Killstreak continues

The game started out with a seemingly perfect open for the undead. A short kick to the left side of the field was attempted (without a kick player!) and the ball was set to land just 1 square on my side of the pitch. The kickoff event was.... BLITZ! The undead swarmed under where the ball was to land, but none of them could manage to reel it in. a very lucky bounce for me resulted in a touchback, and I handed it to my runningback. I had setup a grabbing blitzer next to a frenzy wright, and managed to use my blitz to surf him off the right side of the pitch. That surf combined with a overload on the blitz to the left led to a pretty heathy cage on the right side of midfield, that I was able to grind up the pitch. I stalled for a few turns, and on one of them the undead armor fell apart, with a Ghoul being killed and a few other injuries (of which most were regenerated.) The Dandies scored around turn 4 and kicked to the undead. After a scrum in the middle, Llium was poised to equalize on turn 8, but a lineman with wrestle managed to convert The Dandies final re-roll into a both down, preserving the human lead going into the half.

The 2nd half opened with a pitch invasion that left seemingly the entire undead team on their backs. They managed to get the ball into the hands of a ghoul and get it half caged near midfield. The ghoul carrying the ball eventually tripped on a dodge and the ball spent a few turns on the pitch, only to finally be scooped up by the humans and moved downfield for a turn 16 score.

The dandies had no injuries and leveled 2 blitzers to 4, as well as the ogre to level 5. The undead had no levelups (I believe) and should have everyone but the dead ghoul available for next game. One of the mummies picked up -1 ag as well.

Doesn't an offside kick count at a touchback even if it's caught?
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: October 29, 2011, 05:17:01 PM

Aye, the 'flings got schooled yet again.  Came awfully close to scoring a TD before the end of the first half, but my attempt to clear the skaven from around the ball so I could have a better chance at picking it up backfired.

Two dead 'flings, one getting fired for getting a game-missing injury, and all but one of the 'flings were badly hurt by the end of the game.  Well played, Lam smiley

Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: October 29, 2011, 07:02:44 PM

Cloudpunks 3-0 over the Squigskins.

A frustrating match for Kailas -- both teams seemed to be almost completely immune to injury for the majority of the game, which meant that he basically had very little chance of winning the game. As annoying as it was to watch my mighty blow Wardancer hit goblin after goblin without effect, it wasn't really as crucial to my gameplan. A quick 2-td score followed by another turn 7 defensive score (and the disappearing-player bug) meant that Kailas' Looney saw very little use, sent off after only a single turn on his second drive.

The second half was mostly more of the same, though late in the half the goblins went on a 1d-block Pow streak worthy of a team of dwarves, and managed to clear an alarming number of elves off the pitch. No serious injuries resulted, though, and in the end the ball was pinned too deep in their half (thanks to an elven Blitz, adding insult to injury after the 3rd TD) to take advantage.

Kailas did manage to level one of his Trolls thanks to an early casualty (the Trolls knocked down almost everything they hit, but couldn't seem to hurt anything given that fact) and my Treeman gets his first level off an MVP. Mostly I am just crossing my fingers that I get at least some of the 60k winnings the game lied to me about, so I can afford another reroll or something.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#5 - Game Day #3  
Jump to: