Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:31:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Dominion available 100% of the time 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dominion available 100% of the time  (Read 19034 times)
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

on: September 26, 2011, 07:11:40 AM

Just logged in to the patcher downloading what I assume is a fix for all the bugs they found in Dominion and a "Dominion available now!" message at the top of the news feed.

EDIT: They changed the login screen graphic, hope that wasn't the whole patch O.o.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 07:30:59 AM

Just played a dominion game where my team was down 150-1 on nexus health and won.

Literally our nexus had 1 health. For like 5 minutes.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 07:36:51 AM

I think when your nexus < 100, they disable champion losses.
Dark_MadMax
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 07:56:45 AM

I am not sure how dominion will impact lol long term , but for now I kinda enjoy its since its a lot faster paced than regular matches. One thing  for sure - I  will do daily double IP in dominion now
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 07:59:33 AM

It's a nice change of pace. SR will be my goto for serious business, but if I only have 30 minutes I have no prob with some dominion fun.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: September 26, 2011, 08:44:38 AM

I'm not sure I like this, why make deaths matter only to make them not longer matter when the points start to really matter.   swamp poop

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: September 26, 2011, 08:50:40 AM

They want the epic comeback feel. But with the game rules changing, I think it's more frustrating to lose. I'm with you, they should change it.
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: September 26, 2011, 09:38:03 AM

There's also the stupid (IMO) rule that you gain NO points (or to be more accurate, the enemy loses no points) for having only two points. It's cap 3, or gtfo.

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: September 26, 2011, 09:54:10 AM

I think people are quickly settling in to defend 3 as the easiest way to win th egame.
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: September 26, 2011, 10:57:57 AM

There's also the stupid (IMO) rule that you gain NO points (or to be more accurate, the enemy loses no points) for having only two points. It's cap 3, or gtfo.

People would just run around capping points with heroes like Nidalee if they made it like that.   You have to have it such that having a stronger team means you win.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: September 26, 2011, 10:58:36 AM

I think people are quickly settling in to defend 3 as the easiest way to win th egame.

I've heard a few people make a comparison between Dominion and Arathi Basin in WoW and I think it's pretty accurate.  People are still learning how to actaully "win" instead of just 5v5 deathmatch.  I like Dominion more then when I first tried it since I have been playing with groups and trying to actually co-ordinate and win.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: September 26, 2011, 11:02:48 AM

I think maybe they do need to buff the "quest" a bit.  They said that in testing the meta was about defending 3 bases and quests are supposed to stop that.
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: September 26, 2011, 11:26:13 AM

Pushing for 4 capture points is risky and usually counter productive unless you have one excellent roamer, i.e. Rammus. People really don't get the concept of defending.
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: September 26, 2011, 11:29:08 AM

Pushing for 4 capture points is risky and usually counter productive unless you have one excellent roamer, i.e. Rammus. People really don't get the concept of defending.

The quest doesn't make you push for 4 it just makes you control 2 specific ones.   Thus you can't just sit on 3 cap points with heroes like Heimer.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: September 26, 2011, 11:30:17 AM

I have found that having a strong defend champ like Heimer hold your "bottom" point, then having 4 go to top early seems to be the current "people who are smart" dominion strat to victory.

Also, Rammus is the tits in Dominion.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: September 26, 2011, 12:00:48 PM

I meant in general Amaron, not in response to your point, sorry for the ambiguity.

Loading up on the bottom lane can be a pretty quick way to lose a match.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: September 26, 2011, 08:37:38 PM

I have no idea what this means.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: September 26, 2011, 09:56:31 PM

Normally when you kill a champion they lose nexus points. When they are under 100 that gets turned off for their team.
Vaiti
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: September 26, 2011, 11:53:39 PM

Poppy is a steamroller in this. Backdoor capping points like a boss, and giving no fucks. What's that? The entire team is coming to stop you? Fuck em. Pop your ulti on some slow champ and run.

EvE: Caern Robillard | Cua D'Mon
Steam Profile
Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: September 26, 2011, 11:59:38 PM

Rammus is astounding. It's almost not fair.
Dark_MadMax
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: September 27, 2011, 07:23:30 AM

And Jax and Akali. God some champs are completely off the charts in there
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: September 27, 2011, 07:25:17 AM

And Jax and Akali. God some champs are completely off the charts in there

Last night we were finding Heimer to be worse than Jax or Akali, and possibly Teemo too.   swamp poop

Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: September 27, 2011, 07:42:17 AM

Heimer is a bit funny. Almost immovable from his capture point. But he does practically nothing with the other 4.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #23 on: September 27, 2011, 08:18:59 AM

when one guy can hold a point so easily, it makes for 4 out beating ass.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: September 27, 2011, 08:31:52 AM

Teemo is great because he is mobile and he can negate the speed traps for the other team by shrooming them.

Any champ that needs minion farm to really be good in SR is terrible in Dominion (Mordekaiser I am looking at you).

bhodi

No lie.

Reply #25 on: September 27, 2011, 09:24:05 AM

I'm playing a gimmick heimer build right now; start with a giant's belt, build a warmog, boots 1, warmog, treads, guardian angel, warmog. Take that fortify skill and ghost. Stay at/near bottom point. You can easily solo 2v1 and hold off 3v1 long enough for teammates to get there. It's ridiculous. You can push the mobs forward enough to tie up 1-2 of the opponent and scurry back if they try and focus on you. You're basically an enormous annoyance.

When things get patched a bit, I'll go back to ryze. Who is really good as well.

I tried playing one game of summoner's rift. No thanks. Booooring!
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: September 27, 2011, 10:42:09 AM

Sounds fun, what's your skill build on heimer?
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: September 27, 2011, 03:51:10 PM

Tried playing Zilean - eh. I can get some good shots in with time bomb and help my teammates a bit, but boy was that a low scoring game.

- Viin
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: September 27, 2011, 04:15:39 PM

That Heimer build/strat would become at least 50% better if you started with a catalyst and built a RoA before your first Warmog's. You can buy a catalyst right out of the gate if you forego boots, which is fine if you are just going to camp the bottom lane, and since you are basically leveling nonstop for the first 5-10 minutes it's more than all the regen you need.

Catalyst -> RoA -> Warmog's is, incidentally, my Cho'Gath build for the same task.
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: September 27, 2011, 08:14:51 PM

I've seen complaints that dominion encourages tanky-dps again, but I actually think more fragile characters really shine here. With less 5v5 team fights, you don't need to worry about being steam-rolled by the entire enemy team. "Duel-ist" champions are really strong here.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #30 on: September 27, 2011, 09:43:35 PM

Some of the people I see rolling are Singed, Udyr, and GP.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: September 28, 2011, 12:06:50 AM

Of the new summoner spells, I find re-inforce to be incredibly useful in dominion. Promote not so much but the increased tower speed has won a lot of team fights for me thus far.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: September 28, 2011, 12:58:28 AM

I've seen complaints that dominion encourages tanky-dps again

For most scrubs merely buying a defensive item is something you only do on a tanky-dps.   I'm still curious how pure carries like Cait are going to work but I'm already seeing a lot more characters being played viably.
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: September 28, 2011, 01:36:07 AM

I've seen complaints that dominion encourages tanky-dps again

For most scrubs merely buying a defensive item is something you only do on a tanky-dps.   I'm still curious how pure carries like Cait are going to work but I'm already seeing a lot more characters being played viably.

Any time you have a skirmish orianted fight between low numbers of fighting champions 9/10 tank dps will win. Applies double for this mode because
1. The heal reductions benfiets people with sustain built in rather than champs that must by their sustain,
2. Fighting over the tower is a lot harder to do when you have low health, squishy champions can't just bulldoze into a tower to kill AP heimer, why do you think bhodi tank heimer works so well? The tower isn't a SR tower but it does enough damage (and scales on hit too...) and unless you do 2k damage in 3 seconds and can't be stuned good look uprooting someone with sustain and health on there side without a well coordinated gank led by someone with a really long stun.
3. Kills give far less gold in this mode and lack of a farming laning phase means no zoning, no cs advantage, no level advantage. Pure carries rely on level advantage and gold advantage to 2-3 shot bot and top lane. It takes twice as much deaths to feed someone and hovering at 0 kills to have no ability to buy stuff at all. Which means no matter what everyone will most likely get there end game items and again ability to kill someone faster than they can kill you caps at a certain point.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 02:35:51 AM by DLRiley »
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: September 28, 2011, 02:15:56 AM

Carries are designed for winning team fights, not small skirmishes.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Dominion available 100% of the time  
Jump to: