Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:52:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here. 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 43 Go Down Print
Author Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  (Read 356922 times)
Ozzu
Terracotta Army

Reply #840 on: April 12, 2012, 03:07:37 AM

I've been trying to learn some new champs recently. I've had a pretty major focus on Ziggs the last couple of days. That's a pretty fun champ to play. You can basically just dance around outside of the fight and bowl for kills with bombs. Plus, I like ulting from halfway across the map. Also, you can completely change a teamfight by just mining the area that it's taking place in. It's crazy how much damage those mines do.

On another note, I had one of those games that start out so badly that half the team is arguing over whether to surrender or not. I believe at one point, we were down in kills 38-19 or so. The game ended with us winning and the final kill totals being 42-35ish. The turning point? Everyone bought thornmail to neutralize Trynd who was raping us all over the map. After that, we just trounced them. Good times.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #841 on: April 12, 2012, 03:11:31 AM

Nobody buys resists in unranked. It is awesome.  I just stack ArPen or MPen in runes/masteries and 1 (max. 2) items and then I do almost true damage with every hit.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #842 on: April 12, 2012, 07:32:55 AM

I've been trying to learn some new champs recently. I've had a pretty major focus on Ziggs the last couple of days. That's a pretty fun champ to play. You can basically just dance around outside of the fight and bowl for kills with bombs. Plus, I like ulting from halfway across the map. Also, you can completely change a teamfight by just mining the area that it's taking place in. It's crazy how much damage those mines do.

On another note, I had one of those games that start out so badly that half the team is arguing over whether to surrender or not. I believe at one point, we were down in kills 38-19 or so. The game ended with us winning and the final kill totals being 42-35ish. The turning point? Everyone bought thornmail to neutralize Trynd who was raping us all over the map. After that, we just trounced them. Good times.

Ziggs is crazy fun. You can use your det pack to jump yourself over walls or gap close.

Unfortunately, a competent AP w/ gap closer hurts him pretty bad.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #843 on: April 12, 2012, 08:03:12 PM

I hate queue dodgers. And yet tonight, I dodged. Normal draft mode, first line in chat I typed was "Jungler." Then like 3 other people wanted jungle and of course, I'm last pick. So I say "Fuck it, I'll play whatever's left" and the first pick decides he wants to random pick. He gets Nasus and says, "So how do you build Nasus?" I asked him if he was serious and when he replied that he was, I dodged. My blood pressure cannot handle that much concentrated stupid.

Ozzu
Terracotta Army

Reply #844 on: April 12, 2012, 10:42:26 PM

Ziggs is crazy fun. You can use your det pack to jump yourself over walls or gap close.

Unfortunately, a competent AP w/ gap closer hurts him pretty bad.

Ah. I was wondering just how useful those det packs were. It seemed like I was basically never using them. I'll have to try them out as a method of travel.

Something else I've noticed is that he seems to be more effective early than late. I tend to start out really well and then level out as the game progresses. He's still useful, but not the killing machine he is early.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #845 on: April 16, 2012, 09:13:04 PM

I just won a ranked game with a band of complete fucking retards, and the only reason we won is 2 of the opponents dropped connection at various times during the game. Just to give you an example of how stupid this team was, I was 2nd pick. First pick doesn't ban Morgana, despite us not having first champ pick and despite my warnings. He picks Udyr and announces he will jungle. So as 2nd pick, I grab Karthus because of course the opponents first pick is Morgana (2nd pick Gangplank). We get a Sona 3rd, then the 4th pick is an idiot who never says a word in chat despite repeated requests to find out what he's playing. 5th pick continually says he wants to play tanky Garen, which is fine, until 4th pick grabs Garen. 5th pick loses his shit but stays in. Finally, a second before time is up, he chooses Nasus. Ok, that seems like a good composition.

Then we go full retard. Udyr decides he wants to be cute and offers to trade with Nasus. Nasus accepts at the last minute. Udyr is stuck without smite and Nasus has smite. Udyr then proceeds to talk shit the WHOLE GAME, giving me hell for using my ult wrong (even though I ended up with an ok score considering it was ranked and I was up against Morgana mid). Nasus proceeds to jungle very very badly. Why continue to jungle just because you have smite? Why doesn't Udyr start jungling after level 3 or 4 when smite is barely an issue anymore? Only the goddamn Shadow knows because these two retards can barely string together a coherent thought. Udyr challenges Gangplank to a 1v1 and wins, then continues to talk shit. When we finally win, he claims to have carried us.

I am in ELO hell.

Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #846 on: April 16, 2012, 10:01:56 PM

Nobody buys resists in unranked. It is awesome.  I just stack ArPen or MPen in runes/masteries and 1 (max. 2) items and then I do almost true damage with every hit.

Really? I don't find that to be the case at all?

I hate queue dodgers. And yet tonight, I dodged. Normal draft mode, first line in chat I typed was "Jungler." Then like 3 other people wanted jungle and of course, I'm last pick. So I say "Fuck it, I'll play whatever's left" and the first pick decides he wants to random pick. He gets Nasus and says, "So how do you build Nasus?" I asked him if he was serious and when he replied that he was, I dodged. My blood pressure cannot handle that much concentrated stupid.

Eh. i would not dodge an unranked for that. People have to learn champions sometimes.

I have dodged twice, once was on purpose as someone in our 5 made an error in their pick.

The other time i was like third pick and say "Hello, i kinda want to play ryze mid/top this game but can do other things if necessary". First pick immediately bans ryze.

Edit: Made a F13 channel in case any people want to have an easier way of communicating with the F13 people. Its "F13"
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 10:04:12 PM by Goumindong »
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #847 on: April 16, 2012, 10:10:07 PM

Yeah, my enjoyment of the game has returned since I've just hung out in a few channels, like 'reddit' and 'redditlfg', and just play arranged 5s. Even if it's with strangers, it's so much nicer and more fun to be on TS, chatting.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #848 on: April 16, 2012, 11:13:18 PM

I just had a game where the Ryze DC'd before he could trade me for Soraka.  I get in game and realize in the panic that I still had my ranged AD runes and masteries from my last game. Then in game I'm doing so bad against Xerath (we tried support Ryze) that we switch, and I eventually redo my item build.  LOLOLOL.  We win down 9 kills.  Rofl Waffle

-Rasix
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #849 on: April 17, 2012, 06:18:40 AM

Teemo sucks ass. I hate that little bastard. I can't ever seem to build a counter to him.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #850 on: April 17, 2012, 06:37:46 AM

Teemo sucks ass. I hate that little bastard. I can't ever seem to build a counter to him.

Big badda boom.

Gotta get on an AP that blows him up.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #851 on: April 17, 2012, 07:43:47 AM

So I randomly bought Jarvan 4 after never playing him, and decided to try him out. Normal BLIND PICK. God, it's as bad as I remembered it to be. Somehow I manage to get top solo and completely bully the fuck out of Lee Sin. End up winning with a solid score of 5/3/5.

Next game, the retards were out in full force. Two guys call mid and insta lock, Kennen and Ryze. They fight the entire time. I decided I wanted to see the fireworks, and don't dodge. We have no jungler. It's me and Teemo top. We completely starve and crush the Mundo top, and somehow manage to win the game with four guys having flash/ignite and no support. Was actually a pretty wild game.

Then I tried Jungle Jarv. Yeah, I like Cho and Udyr way better in that role.....I sucked pretty hard and it just felt like I couldn't fuckin' hurt anyone.

Either way, I usually get an hour or two when the lady and babies are sleeping so hit me up evening EST if you wanna roll sometime. Me and Helm DOMINATE :)

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #852 on: April 17, 2012, 11:42:46 AM

I feel sorry for you. I played one game last night and it was this

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #853 on: April 17, 2012, 12:08:57 PM

I actually find blind pick somewhat refreshing after normal or ranked draft. You often find lane combos and champs in lanes you would never see in the draft games because everyone is so insistent on the solo top/jungler/mid AP/ranged AD & support bot.

Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #854 on: April 18, 2012, 09:54:49 AM

Got to play a game with RiotDarius last night. He is a pretty cool dude
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #855 on: April 18, 2012, 11:31:36 AM

Last night was the first time I had to /ignore my entire fucking team. It started in chat. One guy calls mid, so I call top even though I'd wanted to play mid (this was normal draft). I'm last pick so didn't figure there was even anything worth discussing. Well, #3 pick wants mid as well. So they spend the entire time we are doing bans yelling at each other in what amounted to "I want mid! NO ME!!!" One even starts with "Kids should get their ass kicked IRL" Internet tough guy routine. I got so distracted by this sideshow of fetal alcohol syndrome that when I picked Wukong, I didn't even change out my runes/masteries, so I still had my Morgana/Veigar/AP set of runes AND masteries. That means I'm starting way down on ArmPen/AD/AS. Fucking muppets. Of course, one picks Twisted Fate and the other Malazhan, so we have two AP mids. Finally, Malazhar accepts his role bot but they still spend all game bitching at each other.

So of course, matched up against Cho'Gath, I eat a couple of deaths in lane. Then I proceed to get bitched out for it by a jungling Gangplank who I never saw for a gank, and who ended up with fewer kills and only 1 death less than I did. Now I was sucking it hard, much of it because I really was off my game due to the runes/masteries issue. I tried to surrender at 20 because I really didn't want to be around these twats anymore and told them so, but of course, they wouldn't give up. 30 minutes later, we finally lose, but I had managed to turn it around and started rolling with some deaths in team fights. But I wanted to stab every one of my team member's faces and finally just put them on ignore once we got out to post-game chat. Wastes of my time.

Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #856 on: April 18, 2012, 12:15:33 PM

you can put them on ignore in game too.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #857 on: April 18, 2012, 02:16:58 PM

Yeah, I know, I just didn't bother during the game. I felt like winding them up a little.

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #858 on: April 19, 2012, 05:00:08 AM

This isn't me, but I found it entertaining

Blitzcrank pretends to suck then kills people

(not sure where else to put this, we don't seem to have a Useless LoL Videos thread)

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #859 on: April 19, 2012, 06:24:34 AM

I'm curious to find out how many times he fails horribly at this for every time it works and just trolls his team giving up first blood.  awesome, for real  Although maybe not that much since he seems to have lots of practice at it, multiple videos up now.

Still a cool video though.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #860 on: April 19, 2012, 07:33:56 AM

Those are hilarious. Of course, that whole strategy is dependent on having a non-muppet guy with some serious CC backing him up at just the right time.

Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #861 on: April 19, 2012, 12:41:51 PM

(not sure where else to put this, we don't seem to have a Useless LoL Videos thread)

Probably the funniest are this and the one for Sona

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PWgjf2EHPc
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #862 on: April 19, 2012, 12:45:30 PM

I went all AP on Janna last night as a comedy fit.  "W" was taking like 1/4 of health bars on people. It was glorious. I think I had like 20 kills. I'm sure my team hated me.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #863 on: April 19, 2012, 12:56:14 PM

Last night's server hiccups were pretty unfavorable for draft games.  No chat servers were working.  I'm glad the one time I queued up for ranked, someone dodged.   I played a normal draft, where luckily I was just first pick and surprisingly enough everyone picked champs that made sense.

I played Wukong and didn't fat finger his ult once.   VICTORY.  I did notice myself using decoy when I didn't need to, however, and it once cost me a kill ("wait a second, why didn't I auto him.. FUUUUUCK").  So, room for improvement.   We were aided by an enemy Udyr that built boots of swiftness and two phantom dancers.  ACK!  That guy's team was all over him.

-Rasix
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #864 on: April 19, 2012, 01:00:40 PM

I went all AP on Janna last night as a comedy fit.  "W" was taking like 1/4 of health bars on people. It was glorious. I think I had like 20 kills. I'm sure my team hated me.

Its so much fun to play those supports as full on AP.  People forget how much they wreck.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #865 on: April 19, 2012, 01:44:03 PM

I played Wukong last night too, but because of the chat, no one knew I wanted top. So this Galio decided he wanted top. Rather than start a pissing match, I went bot with Graves against a Twisted Fate/Leona pairing. Holy fuck, the TF was TERRIBAD. I had 5/0/1 and their turret was down in like 10 minutes. I started eating a lot of deaths despite being fed because I stopped farming for a bit and got underleveled. Still finished the game with the most kills 15/10/7 or something quite like it. The other team had a Skarner jungler that was pretty good and ended up turtling for a while to pick us off one by one.

Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #866 on: April 20, 2012, 10:34:42 PM

Thankfully, this match was against an equally bad team. I felt like I was in a basketball game!

- Viin
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #867 on: April 21, 2012, 12:58:58 AM

I played Wukong last night too, but because of the chat, no one knew I wanted top. So this Galio decided he wanted top. Rather than start a pissing match, I went bot with Graves against a Twisted Fate/Leona pairing. Holy fuck, the TF was TERRIBAD. I had 5/0/1 and their turret was down in like 10 minutes. I started eating a lot of deaths despite being fed because I stopped farming for a bit and got underleveled. Still finished the game with the most kills 15/10/7 or something quite like it. The other team had a Skarner jungler that was pretty good and ended up turtling for a while to pick us off one by one.

TF is a really bad bottom lane AD(imo). He broadcasts his stun with pick a card and his AA range is really low.

He is good as an AP because his ult lets him capitalize on the mid game power AP focused champions tend to have
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #868 on: April 25, 2012, 04:49:02 PM

So Ive been focusing on Warwick a lot lately and while it's not uncommon for me to lead in kills by a hefty margin I'm also often leading in deaths, can't seem to get a handle on how not to die with him

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #869 on: April 25, 2012, 07:20:00 PM

So Ive been focusing on Warwick a lot lately and while it's not uncommon for me to lead in kills by a hefty margin I'm also often leading in deaths, can't seem to get a handle on how not to die with him

Buy Guardian Angel. Otherwise the only way you're not going to die in a team fight is if the other side gets completely rolled.
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #870 on: April 26, 2012, 12:41:21 AM

Considering warwick is generally tanky, dieing is not a bad thing as long as you don't do it unnecessarily. Also try to disengage when you're low on health, and come back in when your Q's CD resets. Using your Q repeatedly can give you rediculous amounts of effective health.

Generally try not to be the first one in, especially because your ult is easily interruptible.
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #871 on: April 26, 2012, 11:28:34 AM

Considering warwick is generally tanky, dieing is not a bad thing as long as you don't do it unnecessarily. Also try to disengage when you're low on health, and come back in when your Q's CD resets. Using your Q repeatedly can give you rediculous amounts of effective health.

Generally try not to be the first one in, especially because your ult is easily interruptible.

This is bad advice.

Warwicks job is to stick on the carry and make sure they're harassed the entire fight. If that means your ult is interrupted, so be it, you're there for hard initiation and disruption. You are not a cleaner like Yi. If they use their CC on you then that is a good result in general because they're not using their CC on the carry. It is true that you, ideally, want to get your full duration ult on the carry [so a shorter duration stun to clear a qss/cleanse] but it is also true that you don't want their carry doing damage.

If the enemy team is holding back CC to use on you when you ult their carry they're not going to use it at the outset of the fight. And that means you're just delaying the small amount of CC you're going to get and allowing their carry to maximize damage over the early and more important parts of the fight.

The only reason you should not be the absolute first one on your team to dive into the enemy team is because you have another person with hard initiation, a hook, or they initiated on you.

It does mean you're going to die a lot, but that is OK. You die and your team gets kills.
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #872 on: April 26, 2012, 11:38:50 AM

Seriously?

Warwick is a weak initiator in large team fights. You're agreeing with most of my points whilst disagreeing with the end result. Unless you're facing a team with no CC do not go in first. Let a hero more suited to initiating do it. If you're facing a smart team and you initiate with your ult first you're just going to get CCed straight away!
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #873 on: April 26, 2012, 05:16:19 PM

You should not be disengaging when you're low on health. And you should not be hanging back at the start of the fight. Neither of those are good ideas. You don't want to go in a full second before everyone else, but you want to be as close to first in as you can. If they have CC that they're going to use to stun you and stop your ult they're going to hold back its use and use it on you whenever you come in so delaying ulting onto their carry doesn't get you anything except you out of the fight [or having to run through their entire team] until the most crucial part of the fight is over.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #874 on: April 26, 2012, 10:45:51 PM

Let a hero more suited to initiating do it.
The only reason you should not be the absolute first one on your team to dive into the enemy team is because you have another person with hard initiation, a hook, or they initiated on you.
I think what you disagree on is just whether such a hero typically exists on your team.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 43 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  
Jump to: