Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:40:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here. 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 43 Go Down Print
Author Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  (Read 356886 times)
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #560 on: December 19, 2011, 01:28:09 PM

Anyone have any experience jungling Rammus?  I played him in lane earlier but ended up roaming and ganking after about 7 minutes anyway, and I know I've seen people jungle him before.  Set up a bunch of ganks with him today and figured it might be good to learn how to play him that way from the beginning.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #561 on: December 19, 2011, 01:46:40 PM

.... Rammus?  I played him in lane ....

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #562 on: December 19, 2011, 02:06:48 PM

Anyone have any experience jungling Rammus?  I played him in lane earlier but ended up roaming and ganking after about 7 minutes anyway, and I know I've seen people jungle him before.  Set up a bunch of ganks with him today and figured it might be good to learn how to play him that way from the beginning.

Somebody else has more experience with him, but basically it's get blue, because you need it so bad. As soon as there looks like an opportunity, take taunt as your next level up, then gank away.

The thing about Rammus ganks that are so terrifying is that even if you have your wards in the standard spots, it is too late, you are already dead by the time you see him (you always want to be at near full speed on your powerball by the time you hit the bush). Make sure you ping and chat your ganks way ahead of time, because even though Rammus is pretty much S class on ganking, he ain't killing anybody without help.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #563 on: December 19, 2011, 03:58:09 PM

.... Rammus?  I played him in lane ....

Thanks your contribution helped me out a lot.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #564 on: December 19, 2011, 04:00:29 PM

I try.

I've played a lot of jungle Rammus, he's one of my favorite junglers.  I'm just reluctant to give any advice because of what a huge change the new jungle patch was and the fact I haven't played the new jungle much.  I know pre-patch you could go Double Golems>Wraiths>Wolves>Blue just fine although getting blue took a LONG time without help.  If you can get help and start blue it really improves your run.  Now you can probably just do whatever you want and hit blue when you are having mana issues.

Rammus should always be jungle just because his gank is SOOOOOO good.  He comes out with powerball speed, taunts to keep the person in place, is tanky so doesn't die in the gank.  It's just all good.

*edit* Well, not all.  One thing I really do NOT like about him is you can not solo dragon at any usefull point.  You NEED a team that will come with you and dps it down while you tank.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 04:04:22 PM by Thrawn »

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Dark_MadMax
Terracotta Army

Reply #565 on: December 19, 2011, 04:03:31 PM

Rammus is amazing jungler, the only thing  with him is that I pretty much require blue buff for well past lvl 6. Powerball is very mana hungry
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #566 on: December 19, 2011, 08:36:08 PM

Yeah, Rammus definitely falls into the: "be wary of picking him if you've got a blue dependent mid" category.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #567 on: December 19, 2011, 11:00:49 PM

So, been playing some solid GP lately.. and still losing.  Got of love it when your bot lane gets destroyed and feeds hard.  Then your Malzahar, who bitches about said lane, ends up going 5/13, mostly because he thinks his ult sure fire kill even in the midst of the entire enemy team.  Shaco that bitches about him, doesn't end up positive either.    Argh!  

The Ashes I've been getting in my games lately..  ACK!  Low farm.  Hugely negative.  Gets massively pooped on by other team.  Lands maybe 1 decent arrow.  

edit: The kill lanes you see in my type of game are just brutal to fragile characters.  Winning teams are usually just whoever is tankier.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 11:10:22 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #568 on: December 20, 2011, 06:14:59 AM

Yeah, Rammus definitely falls into the: "be wary of picking him if you've got a blue dependent mid" category.

Build a Philo stone and don't spam ball and you can do fine usually.

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #569 on: December 20, 2011, 06:44:29 AM

The Ashes I've been getting in my games lately..  ACK!  Low farm.  Hugely negative.  Gets massively pooped on by other team.  Lands maybe 1 decent arrow.  

Got an Ashe yesterday who apparently didn't understand the game at all.  We asked him to pick a character to play mid, so he picked Ashe and while I can't say I see that real often these days, its at least a sensible pick so we thought ok here we go.  And then he went top.... and we had a jungler and then we had no mid...so Soraka who was supporting our Corki bottom had to go mid, and it was just a general train wreck.  Then the Ashe went 0/7 and quit the game.  Funny thing is we stayed even with them for about 25 minutes even givne that, but it was eventually too much to come back from.

Clownshoes.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #570 on: December 22, 2011, 11:06:49 AM

I may actually have gotten reasonably competent. It helped that I had a pretty damn good team and was bot laning with an Annie that was pretty good as well. I actually tried to pull back and not get kills on running champs and creeps. This was an absolute domination, due in part I'm sure to a team whose only decent player was the Twisted Fate that started bot lane with the Volibear against me and Annie. My first death was entirely due to lag on the first wave of creeps, and the two laning against us never got near my turret again. They surrendered right at the 20 minute mark.

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #571 on: December 22, 2011, 11:13:00 AM

terrible item build on sona though you got a nice ratio. the trick is to load her up with gp gain items while your lane partner get all the kills. I go for CD redux boots as well. Then it's all about the aoe buff items until your very presence in a team fight amouns to your entire team having a shitton of armor/resists and dmg boots.

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/sona-faceroll-support-77887

that's just about right.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #572 on: December 22, 2011, 11:38:48 AM

The item build was iffy. The merc treads were on the recommended list, but I'm not married to them. The rod was simply a "What do I get?" I didn't really think too hard about it, as I literally only went back to shop twice and didn't even really need to shop other than I had over 2k worth of gold and figured I'd better spend it now.

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #573 on: December 22, 2011, 11:44:12 AM

Getting a philosopher's stone and turtle shell early game can help a lot. Not having to farm kills or creeps to get income frees you up for a lot of stuff which as a fulltime support can make a game.

Only thing you can't do on sona is hold a fucking lane...oh my god am I sick of my lane partners just leaving to go do other shit while I try to hold off aves of creeps and two champs with my shitty two-hit Q

pxib
Terracotta Army

Reply #574 on: December 22, 2011, 12:11:07 PM

Pff. Obviously you've never built AD Sona.  awesome, for real

Aura items yes, fantastic additions to most support characters since other people are so unlikely to grab them. Soul Shroud and Abyssal Scepter are especially awesome for Sona, but depending on the rest of your group composition, Will of the Ancients, Aegis of the Legion, and even Starks Fervor aren't insane... especially once you've got plenty of cash in the endgame.

if at last you do succeed, never try again
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #575 on: December 22, 2011, 12:21:19 PM

I prefer aegis first. tanks almost never seem to grab it and it gives both ac/mr for a bit of a well rounded aura.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #576 on: December 22, 2011, 12:22:46 PM

I've seen Sona hold a lane completely by herself 2v1 while I jungled with Yi. She absolutely OWNED people that game. Hell, she was 6 by the time I was 5 and had me come hold the lane while she went and bought items. Don't know how she was built, but she can hold a lane - if the player is good.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #577 on: December 22, 2011, 12:25:36 PM

I won a game as Sona by buying Starks, we were AD heavy in the final big fight the lifesteal / armor reduction pushed our team just enough over the edge to finish them.

I always start Regrowth pendant/ward or Regrowth/mana/health pot (with support masteries for more gold) - depending on how bad the other team's poke/jungler looks.

Build philo ASAP. Build Heart of Gold next, as well as boots. From there it is situational, but I sometime buy a Kage's lucky pick, or move on to aura items or Rylai's for some more health/AP/slow.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #578 on: December 22, 2011, 12:38:51 PM

I don't doubt an ap sona could hold a lane in the least but AP sona is "doing it wrong"

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #579 on: December 22, 2011, 12:39:41 PM

I can also tell that most people who play Dominion are kind of dumb. I am constantly able to be in the top 2 or 3 scorers simply because I understand that capping/defending/neutralizing points > everything else. I often have negative K/D ratios but still top out the points. I was on a team at lunch as Miss Fortune where I ended 9/11/5 or something like that but was almost twice the score of anyone else on the team. The next best was a Trynd who had like 25 kills but the rest was low K/D AND low scores. I could tell early on that the team consisted of a bunch of headhunters who were treating it like deathmatch mode.

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #580 on: December 22, 2011, 03:29:09 PM

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #581 on: December 22, 2011, 04:07:44 PM

I can also tell that most people who play Dominion are kind of dumb. I am constantly able to be in the top 2 or 3 scorers simply because I understand that capping/defending/neutralizing points > everything else. I often have negative K/D ratios but still top out the points. I was on a team at lunch as Miss Fortune where I ended 9/11/5 or something like that but was almost twice the score of anyone else on the team. The next best was a Trynd who had like 25 kills but the rest was low K/D AND low scores. I could tell early on that the team consisted of a bunch of headhunters who were treating it like deathmatch mode.

Agreed unfortunately.  I think half the reason Dominion doesn't live up to it's potential is too many people just play it like team deathmatch oblivious that points even exist.  Heartbreak

Rasix

Reply #582 on: December 22, 2011, 05:14:52 PM

The item build was iffy. The merc treads were on the recommended list, but I'm not married to them. The rod was simply a "What do I get?" I didn't really think too hard about it, as I literally only went back to shop twice and didn't even really need to shop other than I had over 2k worth of gold and figured I'd better spend it now.

I usually start with a faerie pendant, 2 hp pots, 1 mana pot, and 2-3 wards.  This is with the added gold masteries.  Works out pretty well for me.  You get a philo stone and boots first back.  Then HoG and finish off Shurelias.  I LOVE SHURELIAS.  It definitely saves mine and other's bacon, when I remember I have it  awesome, for real

But again, I don't play very aggressive support. I mainly play Soraka with a game of Sona and Alistair thrown in. I think the most kills I've gotten was 4 and that was on my only Alistar game.  The Poppy and I were the only decent players so that's why that number was up there.  Most kills I get outside of team fights are blatant KS attempts because I need to buy more wards.  why so serious?

-Rasix
Rasix

Reply #583 on: December 22, 2011, 11:27:35 PM

I think I just played the most obnoxious game I've had in the last month. 

Kennen on the opposing team was a complete douche.  He was good, but after anyone failed to gank him or he got a kill it was always shit talk like "that was awesome pro MLG".  It was always some dumb "pro MLG" comment.  Then he'd get into it with the Galio and Graves on his team, while simultaneously shit talking our Volibear and Ez. 

Meanwhile, our Katrina was a psycho.  We miss chasing a Galio (ohh and at this point Galio and Graves are shit talking us now), and Kat gets gibbed by Rammus.  She starts in calling me a faggot/cunt/whatever.  She's 2/7 at this point and finished like 2/13/7.  Always off on her own, getting caught and gibbed. 

On top of it, we probably would have won if our Volibear wasn't trolling (he said he was).  He was good, but instead of building tanky, went straight AD. 

At end, I was just happy it was over. I was 7/5/10 after starting 0/3.   So, happy with how I recovered, but I dislike a game where I end up just putting everyone on ignore because the chat is so obnoxious and distracting. 

-Rasix
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #584 on: December 23, 2011, 06:25:41 AM

Ignore, report, report, report.

Riot has come out recently saying that "gg noobs" and similar stuff is totally bannable.

In other news, I survived my qualification games in Ranked and came out with a 1204. My jungle skarner got 5 losses, and every other thing I played won. So much for my favorite jungler, right?  ACK!
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #585 on: December 26, 2011, 04:36:22 PM

This year, our co-founders Brandon 'Ryze' Beck, Marc 'Tryndamere' Merrill and the rest of Riot Games wanted to do something special to thank all those of you who have been a positive force in the League of Legends community.

Click here to view a special holiday message from Brandon and Marc!

Since you've taken it upon yourself to uphold the Summoner's Code over the course of the past year, we've credited your account with 450 Riot Points!

This reward is the first step towards a new program that will grant Riot Points to future summoners as they progress.

On behalf of all of us here at Riot Games thank, you for making League of Legends part of your lives and a better experience for all summoners worldwide!

SWEET

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #586 on: December 26, 2011, 04:55:38 PM

Yeah, I got those as well. I'm waiting for the next sale to see what they have worth getting. I bought Pantheon on sale and keep getting tempted by Graves but I can't quite pull the trigger on him yet.

Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #587 on: December 26, 2011, 10:13:56 PM

I'm having a bad streak at the moment. Of course, I am trying to get together the IP for the Xmas quints so it's exactly the wrong time to do so. I've settled on Sivir/Cait as the chars to focus on and was having fun until I hit 22, now I'm lucky if I can pull 5 kills - well, to 15 assists at most. People just don't want to group up and we get annihilated.

Today was a perfect example where we got destroyed by Ahri/Garen/Janna/Warwick/Trundle. As Sivir I pulled down 4 turrets and was harassing/calling for help - but the number of times that people saw red bars and ran off meant that we were picked off one by one. One I had Ahri on minimal health and our Teemo ran straight past her to get to a full health Trundle.

I switched the game off after that humiliation  why so serious?

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #588 on: December 27, 2011, 11:39:20 AM

Ignore, report, report, report.

Riot has come out recently saying that "gg noobs" and similar stuff is totally bannable.

In other news, I survived my qualification games in Ranked and came out with a 1204. My jungle skarner got 5 losses, and every other thing I played won. So much for my favorite jungler, right?  ACK!

Whats the item build, rune page and mastery.
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #589 on: December 27, 2011, 01:45:49 PM

I've switched it up, and gotten some more wins recently.

I used to go cloth/5, wriggles/merc/tri.

Now I go TheOddOne's build: regrowth/hp, into philo/boots/heart of gold/pure tanky.

I think my problem with skarner is that I don't have pre-6 ganking right. I don't know whether I should be showing my face more just to drive people off? I also feel like almost every game I'm in has good ward coverage, bot, so ganking it is tres difficult, and then I get the: "wtf no ganks top' type of messages.

Maybe I just need to start jungling with more aggressive champions to get the hang of early ganks.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #590 on: December 27, 2011, 03:51:56 PM

Learn to gank from different angles. Come in from the river, come in from their territory, come in from behind your own tower when the lane is pushed.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #591 on: December 27, 2011, 04:04:21 PM

Maybe I just need to start jungling with more aggressive champions to get the hang of early ganks.

Just practice practice pretty much, imo jungling well is the hardest thing in the game to do.  Too many people think just because they can clear the jungle without dying they are good at jungling.  The hard part is landing your ganks, knowing where you should be when, counter jungling, etc.  I try to play almost exclusively jungle when I play normal games now and I still feel like I'm mostly terrible at it when it comes to ganks.

DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #592 on: December 27, 2011, 07:47:06 PM

I've switched it up, and gotten some more wins recently.

I used to go cloth/5, wriggles/merc/tri.

Now I go TheOddOne's build: regrowth/hp, into philo/boots/heart of gold/pure tanky.

I think my problem with skarner is that I don't have pre-6 ganking right. I don't know whether I should be showing my face more just to drive people off? I also feel like almost every game I'm in has good ward coverage, bot, so ganking it is tres difficult, and then I get the: "wtf no ganks top' type of messages.

If you need any pots jungling as skarmer your doing it wrong unless someone denied you blue. Your pre level 6 ganks are, W -> Q -> Q -> E -Q dead, bonus points if you have red buff. I think your problem is inefficient masteries & runes combined with wasting a lot of gold in the start and probably being under leveled compared to the bot laners and underfarmed.

The trick to ganking with any jungler is to find the lane that will feed you, not the lane that may need you and farm that lane for kills till they lose a tower. In normal games its always nice to gank bot often (almost garunteed kills if you factor out the derpyness), but ranked games, especially with the typical 0 cs support, bot tends to ward so your only luck is ganking top and mid exclusively save for bot lane being pushed to their towers. Its also about the generally derpness of the game, sometimes bot could be ganked but you can't rely on the people at bot to back you up, so you put that lane on ignore. Sounds awful but especially with the new jungle, you can't afford farm wise to fail constantly with ganks, its get a kill or go home. Always judge the generally aggressiveness and map awareness of someone your ganking with, and IGNORE THAT LANE if awareness is near nonexistent. Also no matter how much they cry for a gank NEVER leave the jungle to gank for someone with low mana/low health, unless by some dumb miracle the champ your ganking is in equal condition. Its rarely worth it.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #593 on: December 30, 2011, 09:42:10 AM

Just played a game against Dyrus' smurf account. (Dyrus is like 2200 elo and a pro player, I am around 1485)

I got first blood on him. With Sona.

Then my team made horrible decisions and he got super fed and crushed us. lol.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #594 on: December 30, 2011, 09:51:27 AM

Ooh, stream?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 43 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  
Jump to: