Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:59:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 43 Go Down Print
Author Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  (Read 356839 times)
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #420 on: November 15, 2011, 08:51:23 AM

I don't, but I will try to install it tonight. Here is the jist of it:

The masteries are totally different now, but I was 1/12/17 or something like that (Movespeed on Udyr is key due to his kitability)

Movespeed quints, Attack speed reds, dodge yellows, MR/lvl blues

Start with Cloth Armor and 5 HPs. If you have competent team, have them help DPS the wolves for you THEN leash the blue. Most the time, that seems more than the average LoL team can handle so I just get a blue leash. ---- on to wraiths, golems, and red and port home   - skill order RWRE - Buy boots, 2 HP, and a sight ward.

Sometimes if the lane that double golems are at is vulnerable to my gank, I just go for it without bear or boots, just to get them to burn flash. Most the time not.

Phoenix cooks down the jungle, I always end up doing a bit of counter jungling and stealing. My main build order is (maybe was after mastery changes)

Cloth 2 HP

Boots ---2 HP --- Sight Ward

Heart of Gold

Wit's End (this is key, can be swapped with HoG in order if you land a gank or two)

Sunfire Cape

Force of Nature

At this point you are a near unkillable AoE machine, with sub par damage but enough with phoenix procs/SF cape/bear stuns to be useful. DPS soak with your high armor/MR/shield. Turret dive with bear to help secure kills. In general, be an annoying fucker stunning and chasing down everyone. Mid/late game cook down lanes to keep that build going.

If it gets further, build your Randuin's omen and (it never gets this far) Tri-Force.

Also, I try to give my mid all blues buffs after the first.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #421 on: November 15, 2011, 09:25:37 AM

Yeah he's pretty underwhelming, but he's fun to play.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #422 on: November 16, 2011, 02:37:26 PM

The higher up in level I get, the worse the community gets.  Jesus fucking christ what a bunch of asshats. 
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #423 on: November 16, 2011, 02:43:51 PM

The higher up in level I get, the worse the community gets.  Jesus fucking christ what a bunch of asshats.  

I think "The community gets better at level 30 / 1400+ ELO / 1500+ ELO" etc. is just something people tell themselves so they don't get frustrated and quit.  I've watched 2k ELO streams where they still get team-mates who troll them.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #424 on: November 16, 2011, 02:49:47 PM

The higher up in level I get, the worse the community gets.  Jesus fucking christ what a bunch of asshats. 

Any players I don't know personally, I consider enemies. Even if they're on the same team.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #425 on: November 16, 2011, 03:18:01 PM

The higher up in level I get, the worse the community gets.  Jesus fucking christ what a bunch of asshats.  

I've hit some sort of civil pocket.  But I've been winning lately.  Even my lone loss (in about a week now?) was  not that bad.  I avoided getting pissed off at the useless Shaco in my lane.  Granted it was a nightmare lane as it was me (as GP) and Shaco v. a Blitzcrank and Kog'maw that were both decent players.   Guy just literally did nothing but stand there and occasionally get grabbed.  Should have told him to just go gank other lanes, but I was too busy dodging fists and cowering by my tower.   I don't think I saw him deceive the entire game.  He had a skin too, so you'd expect he'd like.. do something.  Not a big deal and it wasn't that bad of a steamroll (I was getting track towards the end), but we just couldn't get it together as a team and surrendered rather early once we saw we our comp wasn't going to hurt them at all.

Immediately followed that with a semi-epic 1 hour long game.  GP (me), Fiddle, Akali, Shyvana, Brand  (four Koreans and me) v.  Garen, Brand, Fizz, Cho, Sona. Heh, looking at the lolstatistics of the game: the four Koreans on my team queued together and the Sona/Cho/Garen were queued together.  We had a jungler (Fiddle) and they did not.  So, I got bot (wtf) solo lane v. Garen and Fizz.  I got beat the hell down for most of that.  Only died twice in lane, but it wasn't easy.  The Garen was pretty goddamn decent.   Anytime I died they just ran around destroying my team.  The jungler was absolutely useless.  He went 3/17 and all he ever did was crow storm and die hard when they were grouped.   Our top lane got beat up pretty hard too, although Akali did pick up some kills.  So, a bit in, I cede the tower so I can take myself out of that situation and do more roaming/jungle.

Well, I decided to play tank, since it seemed like my team was getting vaporized in lane.  The Garen was snowballing so I had to mostly account for him.  My end build looked like tabi, warmogs,  atmas, fon, triforce and thornmail.  I started off with wriggles but sold that around the time I got my triforce.  The thornmail was complete overkill  (Garen couldn't kill me at the point where I got it) and I probably should have built a banshee's, GA or a damage item. Maybe a maldred's due to the Cho stacking warmogs.  Killing him was an exercise in patience.  

The end result was winning a game where we were 10 kills below them, and other teams probably would have surrendered a lot earlier.  But, they didn't really threaten beyond taking down one inhib turret.  We got our shit together, controlled Baron, dragon, and all jungle buffs.  Won teamfights despite Akali, dragon lady, and Fiddle doing a lot of derpy shit and being very squishy (until very late).  Warded, did better on trades, poked well,  and managed to negate a Garen that went 26/4/X (kind of glad he was their superstar, Garen seems to fade no matter how ridiculously he's fed).   We pushed really well towards the end and just kept the pressure up enough until they couldn't burst us down. The end win moment was great, with Garen chasing me halfway across the map while my team took down the last two towers and nexus behind him.  awesome, for real   I didn't even end up positive, but 4/5/18 felt like carrying in this situation.  

« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 03:27:01 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Arinon
Terracotta Army

Reply #426 on: November 16, 2011, 09:30:00 PM

I still have an ungodly amount of matches decided by a disconnect or leave.  Very demoralizing.
Rasix

Reply #427 on: November 16, 2011, 09:46:51 PM

Been lucky and have mostly avoided that for a while.  But a week ago, it seemed like 50% of my games had at least one early disconnect.

-Rasix
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #428 on: November 17, 2011, 04:21:24 AM

So in order to test out the judging thing, I didn't judge any more than the initial 10.

The day after, I did get a message which was: "We have affirmed your judgment on...2 of the cases."

But now it's up to 9, so I feel pretty reassured by the process.
Rasix

Reply #429 on: November 17, 2011, 08:18:28 AM

Some Twitch went off on me last night because I interrupted his pentakill.  I'm not sure I can parse out that info and process it while we're rushing to stop a team from doing a desperation Baron.  Plus, barrels... they hit hard.  I don't think it's in my mindset either to just NOT kill someone when I'm playing a non-support.

I found it pretty amusing, but he was actually very upset. Twitch players are an odd bunch. 

-Rasix
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #430 on: November 17, 2011, 08:21:03 AM

Eh, when I hear QUADRA KILL I usually just let the Vayne or whatever try for it. I'm not saying I blame you (or him for being salty), but it is the cool thing to do.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Rasix

Reply #431 on: November 17, 2011, 08:23:15 AM

I actually didn't even hear it.  And what's weird is that I got a kill while they still had someone up. Mine might have been the first.  /ssssssssssssshrug
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 08:30:31 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #432 on: November 17, 2011, 08:40:07 AM

Eh, when I hear QUADRA KILL I usually just let the Vayne or whatever try for it. I'm not saying I blame you (or him for being salty), but it is the cool thing to do.

I've gotten grief for kill stealing from time to time , but frankly, I'm much more interesting in 100% getting the kill that stroking someone's epeen.  Yeah, if its our AD carry I'll try to let them get the killing blow because they need the gold a lot, but its seems to me better to definitely get the kill and have them get the gold for the assist that it is to try to let them get the kill shot only to have the guy burn his flash and get away.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #433 on: November 17, 2011, 09:20:52 AM

I can safely say I don't envision a time where I one gram of fuck will be given by me over who gets the kill so long as the motherfucker is dead.

statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #434 on: November 17, 2011, 10:40:57 AM

I think this was already covered, but when going support, it can be important to not ks, especially if there's a bunch of assisters.  You should feel no shame in firing away in any uncertain case, but there are times when summoners are down or it's clear they're not just getting away, and in that case, picking up a kill is kinda bad for your team.

That said, people whine about ks's about 10 times more than necessary.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #435 on: November 17, 2011, 11:27:05 AM

I think this was already covered, but when going support, it can be important to not ks, especially if there's a bunch of assisters.  You should feel no shame in firing away in any uncertain case, but there are times when summoners are down or it's clear they're not just getting away, and in that case, picking up a kill is kinda bad for your team.

That said, people whine about ks's about 10 times more than necessary.

This is true, but lets face it, most people are just cranky their KD ratio is going to be a little lower.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #436 on: November 17, 2011, 11:27:43 AM

Welp, I've reached level 20 and started the process of getting my runes. I didn't realize level 20 started with new Quints.

Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #437 on: November 19, 2011, 09:19:36 PM

Can I just say, Blitz's reach is just way too fucking long.

- Viin
Rasix

Reply #438 on: November 21, 2011, 11:48:26 PM

Margalis is a saint for putting up with my first 2 attempts at jungling (with Noct, who I never used as well  awesome, for real). Oy, that was rough.  Plus, I got the nice side affect of his secret elo + level bump.  

Second game was pretty funny.  We were losing badly at first and I was taking shit from our useless Kayle.  To be fair, I was getting caught like a retard over and over and the game went straight to giant blob v. blob before I could get much ganking in. Noct doesn't seem particularly useful pre-6.   Toward the end we started coming ahead in the trades.  Then their Trundle DCs, Marg (LeBlanc) initiates and we roll over them.  We pretty much stayed in their base and won without previously having any inhib turret down.  I even managed to be useful at the end (I think).  Marg carried hard, Nasus was good, bot lane.. EH.  The jungle Trundle was schooling me pretty hard.  

May actually try it some more.  I like the jungling champs, I'm just not the most gankery person around.  Need to work on that.

-Rasix
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #439 on: November 22, 2011, 06:40:55 AM

I know it may not seem so, but nocturne's ganks are pretty A-class, even pre 6.  You just have to catch an overextended lane, duskbringer, shield if it's important, fear, and done. As it so happens, just as they start realizing they needs wards to protect against you, you're just going to show them exactly how far you can initiate a gank from.

The #1 ganking tip, for all champs, everywhere. Target-ping your gank (and maybe throw in a "coming top") while you're on your way there. Cuts down "Hey, laner, you want to come over here and help?" so much.

I've been doing FOTM Jungle Maokai, and he's fun and powerful (and also makes the wolves + blue super start hella easy). He'll never quite carry you out of a game, but if you've got some good carries on your team already, he protects and peels like nobody's business.

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #440 on: November 22, 2011, 06:51:14 AM

He'll never quite carry you out of a game

I played with a jungle Maok recently that I'm sure would make you reconsider this statement.  Ohhhhh, I see.  His ganks were really, really good and by mid game he was unstoppable just diving and killing any squishies that got near him.

I'm really tempted to try him and learn him since I've been playing almost 100% jungle lately.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #441 on: November 22, 2011, 07:49:22 AM

I played 3 games with Kog'Maw yesterday. Holy shit, is he an amazing carry. I'd played him before but forget just how good he can be (and I've learned things since then). He is the definition of carry - a little easy to kill early on but still even by level 3 or 4, he's not somebody to overextend on. I don't even mind dying because of his kamikaze explosion passive. Even when I didn't get a positive k/d ratio, I still felt like my damage was hugely instrumental in winning the game.

A game I had last night started with someone on my friends' list that I don't even remember adding. I think it might have been someone not from here who added me after a game. I started top lane with a Nocturne who didn't really seem all that good. The guy who invited me was playing Brand mid-lane and somewhere around level 15 he DCed and never came back. We had gotten one turret down by this time but had lost one so I figured we were hosed. Somehow we pulled it together and started ganking though it felt very much like a stalemate. Finally I started ninjaing turrets top, whittling them down just the turrets in the base. Then we started going to town. We took down Baron and started rolling along and they just couldn't stop us, even with the man advantage. We even got the point where the nexus was about 4 hits from dead and retreated to get some more kills. Finally we pushed and killed the nexus to win. I ended up with 10/7/2 which I didn't mind at all because most of my kills were late AFTER we were down a man. Kog really is just a beast with AS gear.

Rasix

Reply #442 on: November 22, 2011, 09:14:22 AM

I know it may not seem so, but nocturne's ganks are pretty A-class, even pre 6.  You just have to catch an overextended lane, duskbringer, shield if it's important, fear, and done. As it so happens, just as they start realizing they needs wards to protect against you, you're just going to show them exactly how far you can initiate a gank from.

The #1 ganking tip, for all champs, everywhere. Target-ping your gank (and maybe throw in a "coming top") while you're on your way there. Cuts down "Hey, laner, you want to come over here and help?" so much.

I'll give that a shot.  Don't know if I'll keep a the jungling.  Taking endless shit from your team because you're the only one that actually is sick of the no-jungler, pre-30 meta and didn't instalock a ranged carry can be a bit infuriating.  I suppose though, that once I get red buff, I could easily gank bot if they haven't died yet.  awesome, for real

Also, somehow I've turned into the "TEAM FIGHT TIME!!! INIT ONTO SQUISHY. GO GO GO GO.     Where the fuck did my team go..  <grey screen>" guy.  This could also be a product of never having a tank around.

-Rasix
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #443 on: November 22, 2011, 09:18:20 AM

He'll never quite carry you out of a game

I played with a jungle Maok recently that I'm sure would make you reconsider this statement.  Ohhhhh, I see.  His ganks were really, really good and by mid game he was unstoppable just diving and killing any squishies that got near him.

I'm really tempted to try him and learn him since I've been playing almost 100% jungle lately.

Oh, was he building AP? I've been doing pretty tanky builds so far. And you can definitely mess up a squishies day with your combo, for sure.
Bann
Terracotta Army

Reply #444 on: November 22, 2011, 11:06:43 AM

Ive spent the last few play sessions trying out jungle Rammus. I know that someone(s?) here play a decent amount of Jungle Rammus, and I'm curious about your item build. I've been following one I found online that is something like Cloth Armor + 5 pots, Heart of Gold, Merc Tread, (those 2 get jumbled around based on how my ganks go) then Guardian Angel, Sunfire, and a Randurian Omen. I feel like I spend way to much of the midgame with a subpar loadout setting up a lategame that I often never end up arriving at.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 11:13:19 AM by Bann »
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #445 on: November 22, 2011, 11:24:27 AM

It can often be worth getting a philostone as well depending on how the game is going. I think you might be suffering an issue that is common to most junglers - junglers naturally fall behind on exp and money. There's not much you can do about it except continue to help your laners.
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #446 on: November 22, 2011, 12:12:34 PM

I think you have to judge a game on how aggressive/crazy it's going to be. How pressured is your top? Does this game seem like a farm fest, or is it going to be over in 25?

Philo stone can work on rammus (especially if you're going ninja tabi, eleisa) But it slows you down.

GA...I'm dubious of that. If they focus you first, you've already won. And if they focus down a GA'd Rammus first? Well, they deserve what's coming.

I look at Aegis and Randuin (or Banshee) as first big items. (Banshee seems weird, but can be a nice way of avoiding getting CC'd on your initiation, and gives good sustain if you get it early enough.)
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #447 on: November 22, 2011, 08:02:51 PM

I would go philo stone and build it into Reverie at some point. Powerball + reverie is ridiculous for catching people.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #448 on: November 23, 2011, 07:15:01 AM

I like Reverie as much as the next person, but I'd rather my support build it.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #449 on: November 23, 2011, 02:00:31 PM

Ive spent the last few play sessions trying out jungle Rammus. I know that someone(s?) here play a decent amount of Jungle Rammus, and I'm curious about your item build. I've been following one I found online that is something like Cloth Armor + 5 pots, Heart of Gold, Merc Tread, (those 2 get jumbled around based on how my ganks go) then Guardian Angel, Sunfire, and a Randurian Omen. I feel like I spend way to much of the midgame with a subpar loadout setting up a lategame that I often never end up arriving at.

I play a fair amount of jungle Rammus, my core build is almost always - Cloth Armor + 5 pot, Boots, Philo Stone, Heart of Gold, Boots 2, Reverie, Omen.

I've been having really, really good luck with Guardian Angel early lately too.  Sunfire and Banshees are pretty common for me as well.

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #450 on: November 25, 2011, 05:43:43 PM

I'm about ready to quit this game.  I'm finally good enough that I can't fucking stand idiots, and I'm not quite level 30 and I honestly don't know if I have the patience to grind through enough games to get there.  God fucking damn it there are so many people that have the shittiest fucking map awareness.
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #451 on: November 25, 2011, 06:41:31 PM

You can start playing ranked games before 30 (unless they changed it again?), so unless you really think you need that last quintessence slot or whatever, there's no particular reason to think you're ever going to be in a position to get better teammates than the ones you can get now.
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #452 on: November 25, 2011, 07:48:55 PM

I'm about ready to quit this game.  I'm finally good enough that I can't fucking stand idiots, and I'm not quite level 30 and I honestly don't know if I have the patience to grind through enough games to get there.  God fucking damn it there are so many people that have the shittiest fucking map awareness.

Play once a day.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #453 on: November 25, 2011, 08:22:44 PM

Play once a day.

Hmm, this might be right.  Since I've got the long weekend I've been playing a bunch of games when normally I wouldn't, I wonder if this has to do with my low tolerance.
Arinon
Terracotta Army

Reply #454 on: November 25, 2011, 09:51:49 PM

I've cut back to one game a day, or two if I lose the first one.  Working out well.

If I want to try out some new champ I'll start with a bot game as well.  Much lower frustration levels now.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 43 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  
Jump to: