Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:27:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  RIFT  |  Topic: 1.5: Let's give this one more hurrah... 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1.5: Let's give this one more hurrah...  (Read 117040 times)
luckton
Terracotta Army

on: September 09, 2011, 01:30:55 PM

Highlights:

- Level 50 Alternative Leveling is in
- Level 50 single/duo versions of end-game raid content
- Level 50 'Master'-dungeons.  If dungeons were normal, heroic were normal+, master would be normal++
- PvP Accolades.  Completing bonus objectives in battle grounds gives the player and team bonus cash and prizes.

I lot of this is really appealing to me.  Nice to see Trion give the casual people some love after 4 mega patches of raid content.

Any word on when add-ons will be going live?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 06:00:15 PM

I don't think its duo/solo versions of the raid content, it is something completely different.

I am the .00000001428%
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 07:44:24 PM

Iirc, you need to unlock the solo/duo stuff with the regular version first, too.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 07:48:11 PM

wat

-Rasix
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 08:16:08 PM

1 and 4 are interesting but not enough to get me to resub. 
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: September 10, 2011, 05:45:48 AM

Iirc, you need to unlock the solo/duo stuff with the regular version first, too.

If that's true, then the developers are dumber than I thought.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: September 10, 2011, 07:34:54 PM

You are all wrong.  You hit l or k our something and you get instantly telported to the instancw.  Currently there is one for hk and gsb ans gives almost raid loot.  

They are open to everyone.

They take place in the raid zones.

You fight some of the raid bosses altered for solo or duo play.

You dont have to unlock anything.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: September 10, 2011, 07:49:41 PM

You are all wrong.  

How was I wrong?  I think my statement was spot on.  

Thanks for the info!

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: September 10, 2011, 08:26:12 PM

You are all wrong.

How was I wrong?  I think my statement was spot on.  

Thanks for the info!

Well you would be right if everyone else wasnt wrong!
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #9 on: September 11, 2011, 07:17:18 AM

I may or may not give it a whirl.  What server is everyone on?

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: September 12, 2011, 01:09:51 PM

Bat Country is on Threesprings, Guardian. I have a couple guys there but was mostly playing Defiant on Shadefallen (rp-pve).

And in the spirit of putting my money where my mouth it, I re-newbed to Rift to get a character to 50 to check out the solo content implementation. Didn't take me long to remember how much fun a necrolock can be...
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #11 on: September 12, 2011, 01:13:04 PM

Yah, I'm a little tempted to get my druid or rogue to 50 now.   undecided

-Rasix
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: September 12, 2011, 01:20:52 PM

The 1.5 patch is on the test server. I haven't copied my 50 to it, but they've set the xp for monster kills to what seems like 10x normal. (I got a rogue to 12 in 45 minutes, but am not wanting to test the full leveling slope -- but seems doable.)

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
"A world without Vin Diesel is sad." -- me
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: September 12, 2011, 05:23:29 PM

What is lvl 50 alternative advancement?
And solo/duo raid content?  That's...pretty awesome actually!

Can't go back to Rift just yet though, prepping my toons for Rise of Isengard.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: September 12, 2011, 05:28:53 PM

So far it's every 500k xp gets you 100 points and there a grid with abilities that cost 100-150 pts.  They give you slight bonuses and you can fill up to three tiers of grids.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: September 12, 2011, 06:41:28 PM

Anything that would impact pvp?

I am the .00000001428%
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: September 12, 2011, 08:25:16 PM

Anything that would impact pvp?

http://www.riftjunkies.com/2011/09/02/planar-attunement-quick-peek/

Thats the Rogue stuff.  Only changes was that the 30 dps per weapon type was a bug and it's actually 0.3
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: September 13, 2011, 04:47:54 AM

Screw it I resubbed since a beta in another game is on hold atm and I need something to do.  Saw whats on test and spent last 2 days filling my quest log full of completed quests I can hand in on patch day for alt adv type stuffs.  Am I playing this right? 
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: September 13, 2011, 08:48:05 AM

Screw it I resubbed since a beta in another game is on hold atm and I need something to do.  Saw whats on test and spent last 2 days filling my quest log full of completed quests I can hand in on patch day for alt adv type stuffs.  Am I playing this right? 

Don't know when patch day will be, but sounds like the right approach. I've just stopped taking/completing any new quests on my 50 and focusing on other things (raid rifts and invasions/events mainly).

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
"A world without Vin Diesel is sad." -- me
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: September 13, 2011, 09:46:44 AM

Remember daily quests do not count towards the 25 quest cap, you can have unlimited number of them.

I am the .00000001428%
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #20 on: September 13, 2011, 11:29:31 AM

prolly dumb question: are any of the non-50 instances availbale to solo? (within a reasonable level limit)
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #21 on: September 13, 2011, 02:47:41 PM

prolly dumb question: are any of the non-50 instances availbale to solo? (within a reasonable level limit)
Right now? No unless you are way overlevel.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #22 on: September 13, 2011, 03:52:40 PM

Thanks for talking me out of trying this!  awesome, for real

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: September 13, 2011, 04:12:20 PM

Fun game with a group.  Solo, not so much.  Pretty much standard operating procedure for an MMO.  The trip to 50 isn't bad, but after WoW, EQ2, and LotRO it's really nothing mind-blowing.  The soul system is the primary redeeming feature.  It can keep you entertained during the trip with cheap respecs.  I also enjoyed pvp from level 10 on. 

-  Mark Twain
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: September 13, 2011, 06:51:43 PM

It's really the best diku out there right now, either that sounds appealing or it doesn't.

I am the .00000001428%
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: September 14, 2011, 05:25:37 AM

Ive played this game solo since launch and its ok for a while but once you get 50, work out specs, get your alt to 50 and do your 1000th pvp game you've pretty much beat the game from a solo standpoint.  I resubbed for the alt adv stuffs but this is all just filler until X MMO launches. 
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: September 14, 2011, 08:36:58 PM

PTS Patch Notes are up for 1.5.

Looks like there will be a solo path for gear up through T2 Experts.

Rift events will drop Inscribed Sourcestone where you will be able to buy T2 Expert gear along with epic essences etc.

Sweet.
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: September 15, 2011, 06:16:15 AM

Rogue changes are pretty hot actually, bout time we got some love.  Looking forward to that going live.  Tired of Warriors in rank 6+ gear detroying everything, no reason rogues shouldnt be able to do the same. 
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: September 15, 2011, 08:04:17 AM

I can't decide on the T2 via rift mechanic. I like the focus on the titular rifts. But they need to do something for actual rift spawning. It can be a real pain in the ass finding an available tear when you want one or many. Additionally, there are only two available per zone for a total of six and there's nothing terribly interesting about them other than the Stillmoor Perdeen one. The Iron Pine protect the guy one is a little different, but still kind of meh. Setting aside how annoying they can be, I liked some of the alternate modes from the RoS world event rifts - the be in the light and the kill the right things ones in particular. There was an interesting one in Droughtlands too, something about opening boxes.

On the rogue thing, they look good for when I am not raiding, but as a raiding bard, I am thoroughly underwhelmed. I still need to go 51 into bard and pick up a shit ton of useless crap to get Verse of Joy. My heals still suck ass and are overwhelmed by my lvl 42 epic essence that everyone buys with shards.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: September 15, 2011, 08:24:52 AM

The rogue changes concern me with regard to pvp.  Rogues already have the ability to pick their fights and escape when they don't see an outcome they like.  I think that rogues should have to make the hard decision between high dps and stealth, not have both.  If you get to pick fights and escape with stealth, then this should come at the cost of dps. 

On the bright side, playing my MM is going to be laughably easy.  I was killing rank 6+ players at rank 3.  If they up my dps even more, kiting morons will be stupid easy.   

-  Mark Twain
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: September 15, 2011, 08:28:24 AM

I was leaning real heavy MM with my solo pve build, which was originally ranger-heavy. The runeguard world event guns are ridiculous with MM, though I imagine they don't stand up to raid gear.
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: September 15, 2011, 09:32:31 AM

The rogue changes concern me with regard to pvp.  Rogues already have the ability to pick their fights and escape when they don't see an outcome they like.  I think that rogues should have to make the hard decision between high dps and stealth, not have both.  If you get to pick fights and escape with stealth, then this should come at the cost of dps. 

On the bright side, playing my MM is going to be laughably easy.  I was killing rank 6+ players at rank 3.  If they up my dps even more, kiting morons will be stupid easy.   

Rogues being underpowered(at least in comparison to high rank warriors mages and clerics) was why we had to pick our fights :P  As the devs stated rogues shouldnt have to re-stealth to win a fight...simply shouldnt be part of the rotation needed to win.  Rogues should be as aggressive as warriors are and not in the position where we do less dmg then warriors and we wear leather. 

As for bards, they still suck and I dont understand why they keep getting bypassed like they are fine. 
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: September 15, 2011, 09:56:11 AM

Have you played another class in endgame pvp?  The problem with giving stealthers so much power is that they can kill any non-rank 8 target before stuns wear off.  They can do this with impunity.  While that may be a lot of fun for the rogue, it sucks for any other class.  Having played mage, rogue, and cleric in endgame pvp I can tell you that rogue stealthers, particularly those above rank 6, are already plenty deadly when played well.  If they get much more powerful, good players will dominate pvp just as well-played warriors already dominate.  Rogue stuns being able to be used simultaneously will make them ridiculously powerful at higher rank. 

-  Mark Twain
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: September 15, 2011, 10:01:51 AM

Stuns? are you playing the right game? I play a warrior, clerics are unkillable and rogues are free health potions waiting to happen.  They needed major buffs.

I am the .00000001428%
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: September 15, 2011, 10:08:57 AM

Stuns? are you playing the right game? I play a warrior, clerics are unkillable and rogues are free health potions waiting to happen.  They needed major buffs.

My mage is rank 7 (almost 8), my two clerics are rank 3, my rogue is rank 3.  I am always top 3 in wf's for damage and kb's on my rogue and it's stupid easy to get compared to my mage.  Then again, I only play MM since rogues are too squishy to play melee.  A well-played high rank rogue can kill my rank 3 cleric without issue if my timers are down.  They have two stuns that they can use back to back.  I don't recall the names off hand.  My mage deals with the same issue, but has more timers and better gear so they aren't an issue.

I agree that rogues are underpowered compared to warriors at rank 8, but that's how it should be.  Warriors can't stealth or vanish. 
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 10:13:03 AM by Nebu »

-  Mark Twain
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  RIFT  |  Topic: 1.5: Let's give this one more hurrah...  
Jump to: