Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 06:45:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: ~D&M~ Preseason 5 Day 2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ~D&M~ Preseason 5 Day 2  (Read 9386 times)
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #35 on: August 12, 2011, 09:04:36 PM

Ingmar and I just finished our bloodbath of a game.

He wins and starts by kicking off to me. In my view, I suck pretty hard with elves, so I just sort of make up moves as I go. Early in the half I inflict my only armor break of note, KOing a MB Blitz-Ra who takes a nap for the rest of the match. I generally try to keep my elves away from the undead hordes, and am largely successful in the first half, while executing at least two instances of Elven Bullshit for TDs.

After kicking to start the second half, I'm still around full-strength, but this doesn't last for long as the flimsy elf armor starts to degrade. Players are beginning to be sent on en masse. Thankfully, one more instance of Elven Bullshit comes to pass to run the score up to 3-0 before the elf side is nearly cleared off the field. Somehow, they're able to stop the Khemri from scoring at the end of the game. Unfortunately, the 4th attempt at Elven Bullshit (I'm going to trademark it, I think) fails with a desperate -2d block and the game is over.

Game was pretty brutal on my poor elves, but I somehow managed to level 3 of my catchers to 2, who all now have the pinnacle of passive-aggressive skills - Wrestle.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: August 14, 2011, 08:03:55 AM

OK, this is the plan, I'm going to draw round 3 in short while.

The 4 teams who haven't yet played round 2 will go into a separate score group and be drawn against each other. We can all start playing the new round and they can catch up this week.

If Hoax, Celer, Andy, or Lamaros post in the next couple of hours to say they are about to play then I'll delay the draw, otherwise, it is time we played more blood bowl.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #37 on: August 14, 2011, 10:06:30 AM

Celer and I played yesterday.

My luck started with having exactly 170k of inducements, which is exactly what you need to get a merc Yeti which is what I felt I wanted against a four TG (ST5) Khemri squad. Celer elects to kick an put the TG's off the line to wait and see what I do. The first drive was long and difficult for my norse. The Yeti was killed early, I used apoth on him because I felt like without some strength I was doomed to even more injuries also I wanted to claw a fucking TG's face off at some point. I was advancing the ball but every turn saw tiny weakling norsemen being smacked about by big mummy bastages. I did manage to injure a non TG skill player and a skele and KO another skele that I believe never ever woke up. Eventually I was deep on his half but pinned on the right sideline with TG's back to cut me off. So I passed the ball out to the left side and since that didn't fail the score was easy enough from there. Dice had been all me so far, I think Celer had had two turns cut short by double skulls etc.

The second half I kick off short, great kick, and roll a blitz! Let the imba bs begin. I can't cage but I do have someone under the ball and numbers. Celer blitzes the ball free but it falls into another one of my players hands on a great bounce for me plus a successful pick up roll. I'm getting hammered by block dice though so I find myself forced to go for a double GFI touchdown (I had a rr available) to try to reset the field so that nobody gets killed.

Now nuffle has sided with Celer for a bit, I'm burning through RR's and he's got the ball in a throw-ra's hands with two receivers downfield. Thankfully the rest of his team is slow so I opt to take away the blitz-ra receiver and dare him to go for the one turn td that will require double gfi. If he fails any step I reckon my men are in superior position with superior speed to get the ball and stay alive while stalling out the 2-0 victory. Instead he passes everything and scores. One score game early in the half. I receive, coach poorly, get smacked a bit, can't protect the ball well enough, ball is loose, AG2 guy picks it up on one try w/ Celer having no rr's. Fuck. More bad mistakes from me. I chase down AG2 guy. Knock him on his ass. Him, my guy, and ball are all 3 squares from my endzone. Can't cover the ball well enough though, I try to setup to force a TG to make a dodge to get the blitz, but do it wrong, fuck. TG blitzes my only guy on ball. Gets him off ball. ITS THE FINAL TURN. Celer has to stand up, pick up ball with AG2, successful, now he needs to GFI into endzone, 2+ success, into endzone, 2+ FAIL. His skele dies in the endzone victory to me!

That was fun. Celer is a better sport then I will even try to be. Hats off to him. The runner who got to play received +1 AG, norse wolves still suck. I'm still bad. Frenzy is still hard to use.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Strazos

Reply #38 on: August 14, 2011, 11:02:47 AM

By suck, you must mean suck down SPP from injuries. They're good but unreliable at level 1 with no block skill, but turn amazing pretty quickly - AV8 STR4 frenzy block. Though, to be fair you do need to exercise a degree of caution with their frenzy, especially before they have block.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: August 14, 2011, 07:45:20 PM

Sorry I didn't post the results, I had to run after the game and promptly forgot about it.  All I will add is that my +AG Skeleton (yes, Skeleton) paid off in spades with his TD reception.  Combined with my +AG Blitz-ra, I feel like I can develop a true passing threat!  why so serious?

That +AG Skele hit level 3 as well... I'm very tempted to give him Catch...
Strazos

Reply #40 on: August 14, 2011, 08:19:42 PM

Hmm, a catching skelly with hard skull to keep him on the field...kind of hilarious.

Fear the Backstab!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: ~D&M~ Preseason 5 Day 2  
Jump to: