Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 06:34:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#4 - Failoffs LOSERSHIP MATCH! (Loser: Silver Horde FC) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: S#4 - Failoffs LOSERSHIP MATCH! (Loser: Silver Horde FC)  (Read 4350 times)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

on: August 02, 2011, 01:05:00 PM

« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 02:30:14 AM by Falconeer »

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 01:05:56 PM

We are currently Playing.....
Failoff, LOSERSHIP MATCH!
** The game will be played in 5 minutes. Aren't we quick? **

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 02:24:59 PM

DRILLING AND MANLINESS

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 02:30:17 PM

And we have a LOSAR!!!

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 02:36:20 PM

Silver Horde FC | 3 - 0 | The Bell Jar Utd.

Teams
Silver Horde FCThe Bell Jar Utd.
Race : NorseAmazon
TV : 19001730
Treasury : 220000170000
Rerolls : 44
Apothecary : 11
Fan Factor : 89
Cheerleaders : 00

Match Report
Silver Horde FCThe Bell Jar Utd.
Score : 30
Touchdowns inflicted : 30
Touchdowns sustained : 03
Passes : 01
Catches : 01
Interceptions : 00
Knockdowns inflicted : 93
KOs inflicted : 50
Injuries inflicted : 20
Deaths inflicted : 00
Tackles inflicted : 30
Yards gained passing : 04
Yards gained running : 622
Ball Possession (%) : 5720
Own occupation: 1188
Opponent occupation : 8811
Note of the match: 13/20
Spectators: 28000

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 02:39:47 PM

Hell yeah, the Norse prevail! So I was right. It just wasn't my Norse.  why so serious?

God Save the Horn Players
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: August 02, 2011, 02:41:36 PM

It might be my worse match ever played.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: August 02, 2011, 02:50:51 PM

First half Horde elect to recieve, and after the first turn is lost to a riot, Bravd the Hublander picks up the ball and the Horde side contract to the centre of the pitch very slightly, hoping to draw the defence in. Bell Jar make an attack on the left wing, but in the process allow the Horde to gain around 8 yards on that side of the pitch. The Amazons form up a defensive line, concentrating on that side, but leave a weak point in the line which Detritus turns into a gaping hole. Norse dudes stream through and are quickly caged up on the goal line. Bell Jar get some crazy lady through who repeatedly makes solo dice-against blocks on the carrier, but the rest of the ladies can't break in and TD is scored on turn 8.

Second half, Falc gets the missing guy bug which removes a key player, and we kick off with a short kick. Amazons cage on their right wing, and the Horde descend en masse. Despite the best efforts of their wizzard (injuring one player from each side) the ladies can't stand up to the blocking power of such manly men, and are dispossessed. Bruce the Hoon emerges with the ball, and supported by Immortal Jenkins and Voltan the Indestructable, runs in a TD.

Final drive has 3 turns remaining, Bell Jar begin running into the Horde half, looking for a bullshit pass consolation, but pick up turnovers allow Caleb the Ripper and Immortal Jenkins to break into the backfield and sack the thrower, Jenkins scoring in turn 16.

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #8 on: August 02, 2011, 04:03:42 PM

Wow, a Norse win with 3 TDs, but...only 9 armor breaks?  Ohhhhh, I see.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #9 on: August 02, 2011, 04:26:15 PM

PS: I love your team's theme by the way, eldaec. I can't remember if I told you that when I played you.

Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: August 02, 2011, 06:05:52 PM

Second half, Falc gets the missing guy bug which removes a key player,

I'm sure this isn't the only thing that triggers this and similar bugs, by the way, but one seemingly sure-fire way to get this kind of fuck-uppery is if you have one of your own players 'selected' right before your setup turn starts -- by selected I mean 'if you clicked on them at some point, and so their stats are displaying at the bottom', not just if you are mousing over a random player.

Just a general FYI.

Falc's team desperately needs some Mighty Blow players.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #11 on: August 02, 2011, 06:25:46 PM

FYI if you let the setup time out instead of hitting 'accept' and saying yes, you understand you don't have enough guys on the field, in my experience the dude will magically teleport onto the field when the game actually starts back up (albeit nowhere near where you wanted him to stand probably).
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 06:31:25 PM by Ingmar »

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #12 on: August 02, 2011, 06:30:44 PM

Go I guess now Falc's team is right up there with mine in the race to be the #1 perennial underachiever of the league.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: August 02, 2011, 07:08:56 PM

FYI if you let the setup time out instead of hitting 'accept' and saying yes, you understand you don't have enough guys on the field, in my experience the dude will magically teleport onto the field when the game actually starts back up (albeit nowhere near where you wanted him to stand probably).

There's actually several similar bugs -- the one I am talking about will actually result in the player disappearing, and reappearing on the sidelines later. The one where you can't seem to get enough players on the pitch (but they show up as subs in your set-up) does resolve itself as you describe; in my experience that one seems to have something to do with players recovering from KOs and using the preset formations.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: August 03, 2011, 02:05:55 AM

I let the time run out and a (random, unskilled) player got brought in the field. Sadly, it wasn't my Star Thrower, which couldn't lead the Second Half drive. Mind, I would have lost anyway I am pretty sure of that, but I have to hereby confess my weakmindedness as I lost my will to fight the moment I couldn't play Sylvia Plath in the second half. Thing is, my "fun" revolves a lot around that player and her skills. This makes me a bad player, which I know, but it's the same reason why I keep playing with the Amazons despite having three key players with AV6. I find fun in the little things, and being robbed my almost level 5 thrower in the drive where she was going to handle the ball made me care less. Again, I hope this won't detract from Eldaec's win, especially considering I played very badly and without excuses for the first 8 turns anyway.

Also, I have another stupid bug affecting the Bell Jar Utd: at the beginning of ANY drive, one of my level 1 unskilled linewomen is on the pitch and cannot be susbtituted by any bench player. Which means that I ALWAYS have to begin a drive with one of my worst players on the pitch usually forcing someone with at least block on the bench. It has been like that for 5 games in a row now (yes, I tried everything to sub her out. She just refuses to go out. She can be moved anywhere on the pitch, just won't go out). I even FIRED her and hired a new linewoman... and the new linewoman has the same bug!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 02:07:40 AM by Falconeer »

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: August 03, 2011, 02:39:11 AM

Also, I have another stupid bug affecting the Bell Jar Utd: at the beginning of ANY drive, one of my level 1 unskilled linewomen is on the pitch and cannot be susbtituted by any bench player. Which means that I ALWAYS have to begin a drive with one of my worst players on the pitch usually forcing someone with at least block on the bench. It has been like that for 5 games in a row now (yes, I tried everything to sub her out. She just refuses to go out. She can be moved anywhere on the pitch, just won't go out). I even FIRED her and hired a new linewoman... and the new linewoman has the same bug!

I've had this bug with one of my linerats. It is very annoying. Wasted half my setup time in the game against Megrim because of it.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #16 on: August 03, 2011, 08:35:56 AM

Always helps soothe the pain of losing when you lose to the Biggest Loser of teh Losership. Congrats, eldaec, you suck the least!
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: August 03, 2011, 12:54:15 PM

Wow, a Norse win with 3 TDs, but...only 9 armor breaks?  Ohhhhh, I see.

Something I find fascinating about the 6/3/3 races is how differently everyone plays them - the only time I've had much above 10 armor breaks was playing Sjofn's norse, and she seemed to be so singlemindedly focussed on having the two norse sides roll about in the dirt that I was starting to question motives.

I think most people playing human or humanish teams in our league tend to play for too much contact and not enough mobility, this game was a good example - the two key moments were in the first half when I was able to break the amazon line and move almost the whole team through the hole, and in the second half when I was able to pile into a weak cage with the vast majority of my team. I often see an opponent commit to many key players to tackles too early, either preventing them moving the ball to a different part of the pitch, or making themselves unable to react when I move the ball sideways.

Also, I have another stupid bug affecting the Bell Jar Utd: at the beginning of ANY drive, one of my level 1 unskilled linewomen is on the pitch and cannot be susbtituted by any bench player.

You do have a squad of 16 at the moment, have you tried firing a couple of linewomen and keeping them fired? What's the thinking behind having so many players?

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #18 on: August 03, 2011, 07:00:12 PM

I assume because the Amazons have their share of "ha ha, half my team has gotten hurt on that drive, GOOD TIMES" problems?

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: August 03, 2011, 07:09:47 PM

16 is still too many for me. 14-15 is about as far as you want to go for the (physically) weaker teams, unless you're playing Halflings or Goblins.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #20 on: August 03, 2011, 07:31:02 PM

Running a full 16 also has the bad effect of stopping you from ever buying a star player should you get into a situation where you could afford one (which is hard with 16 people, but still.)

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: August 03, 2011, 07:40:18 PM

Oh indeed. And halflings and goblins always want the extra star player, so they shouldn't go above 15 either.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #22 on: August 03, 2011, 09:54:48 PM

Star player with Goblins?  I always spend my inducements on bribes when playing Goblins, but then again I really like the Looney.  In fact, I would rather have a Goblin team with a lower TV value than the rest of the league I'm playing in just to get more bribes from inducements in as many games as possible.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #23 on: August 03, 2011, 10:12:14 PM

Star player with Goblins?  I always spend my inducements on bribes when playing Goblins, but then again I really like the Looney.  In fact, I would rather have a Goblin team with a lower TV value than the rest of the league I'm playing in just to get more bribes from inducements in as many games as possible.

Ripper. Three Trolls + Ball&Chain makes for a front line that even Khemri will pause at.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#4 - Failoffs LOSERSHIP MATCH! (Loser: Silver Horde FC)  
Jump to: