Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:29:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: ~D&M~ Preseason 5 Day 1 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ~D&M~ Preseason 5 Day 1  (Read 10627 times)
Gruntle
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: July 31, 2011, 03:37:47 PM

[Game should be uploaded to BBmanager now]

Chaos vs Dark Elves, final score 3-0 against me.
The first half was scorelesss; my dark elves received and I passed on a chance to easily score on my fifth or sixth turn after which Drogg knocked my ball carrier down and the ball out of bounds which put it back into a scrum for the last few turns. All my elves were failing armor rolls though, I was down to three guys on the pitch on my 8th turn (6 KOs, 2 actual injuries) when on a gutsy play my linelf dodged in scooped up the ball and then got badly hurt on the last dodge needed to score, leaving me with two guys upright going into halftime.
For the second half, one of my six guys in the KO box got up, giving me just enough elves to put the 3 on the scrimmage line, against Drogg's full team (formation 8 or 9 on the scrimmage line 2 behind), then a fan threw a rock and took one my elves out. Drogg collected the ball with his minotaur and pummeled my two elves out of the way, Drogg's minotaur (also named Drogg) ran the ball in as quick as he could (using a blitz i think it was 2 turns). I believe I was allowed to field 4 elves on the next kick-off (so 2 sat up maybe?), Drogg got to blitz, sandwiched the three on the frontline, tackled the receiver in the backfield, and with a couple of actual turns recovered the ball and scored again. Then maybe I had 5 elves ready (but I was annoyed to see that one was a low av assassin that I was sure the game was just trying to kill) to receive, a high kick but very deep so i basically was able to get the ball back to the front of my half before Drogg rolled over my blockers and yada-yada, eventually passed the ball in to score a third time on his 16th turn.
Last turn of the game, Drogg leading 3-0 will kick to 5 elves, he sets up with the minotaur alone in the center the other two LOS beasts posted next to each of the side wings. So I basically having nothing really to do (event was adding a turn to the timer) knock down one of wing guys and with four guys on the minotaur take a 2 die block on the minotaur, who dies. Drogg's apothecary also offers to kill him.
Then we each took a turn to do nothing of import, and that was the game.

Drogg wins 3-0.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 03:39:31 PM by Gruntle »
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #36 on: August 02, 2011, 04:09:44 PM

1-0 Win for my stupid elves over Hoax's reviled norse squad.

It seems we're both playing teams which, for whatever reason, we despise. I receive to start the game, and get a catcher far into the Norse half with the ball before he is set upon. A large melee ensues for most of the half along a sideline before a norseman picks it up and makes a break for it in a bootleg play. Unfortunately for him a failed block keeps the norse from finishing their plan to secure a late score, which is quickly turn back against them for a TD at the half by the elves.

Second half the norse continue to make mincemeat out of the elves, killing 2 in the process while they continue to fail seemingly simple dodges. Eventually the norse work the ball down towards the endzone, but an ill-advised pass attempt frees up the ball. The norse are not able to recover, and the game ends 1-0 on a failed pass by the elves following some elfish shenanigans.

Of course I will be happy to finish the rest of my assigned games, but...I really this team. Also, Hoax managed to kill 2 players worth a combined 210k - one of which had earned a SPP on a pass and the MVP.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #37 on: August 02, 2011, 07:31:05 PM

Pound Pound Mantrain 2 - 0 Wrong Games

Not much to say beyond Norse blocking shenanigans, and injuries galore. My Loner player got MVP though, so there was that slight bit of charcoal in the victory. In Ezrast's defense, he IS playing Vampires.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: August 02, 2011, 07:35:01 PM

Megrim and I got our match in. Wrong Games lose 0-2 to Pound Pound Mantrain. It was my first Vampire game so I completely neglected to use Hypnotic Gaze throughout the whole thing. I also got shoved around pretty bad, at one point in the second half I had something like 2 thralls left on the field. No permanent injuries though, and Megrim's journeyman got MVP, so nyah!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 08:11:41 AM by ezrast »
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: August 03, 2011, 02:02:10 AM

Awesome, just ICE v Carnifex left to complete the round.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: August 03, 2011, 12:59:36 PM

Just a little more than 24 hours left, do we have a plan for the last match?

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: August 03, 2011, 11:34:14 PM

We are trying to arrange something -- Carnifex is a night-shifter so our schedules have not exactly been aligning, but it sounds like it'll happen tomorrow.
carnifex27
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: August 04, 2011, 01:02:01 PM

Hopefully ICE gets on steam soon.  I've been on since I got off work at 6am, I don't think I've got more than another hour of waiting in me :(
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: August 04, 2011, 02:10:41 PM

I see ICE and carnifex are playing blood bowl - draw will follow conclusion on their game...

carnifex27
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: August 04, 2011, 03:27:11 PM

I really have to get to bed, so me and ICE tied 1-1.  I had great luck to go with my terrible coaching and he had terrible luck to go with his great coaching, so it all evened out  awesome, for real
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: August 04, 2011, 03:43:03 PM

Chanson Dada ties the BridgeBurners, 1-1, in a skull-errific, Nuffletastic showdown.

Seemed an unlikely result after the first half, where the Necro team got back to back blitzes -- and my Minotaur failed the team's first GFI of the match on turn 7, leaving enough of a gap for the Necros to get a 1d blitz on my beastman carrier and stop my desperate attempt to score. Meanwhile I had burnt through my induced apothecary to keep an extra beastman in the game, and still had two injured beastmen and a babe-oblivious KOed chaos warrior off to start the second half. I had at least managed to KO his werewolf and he badly hurt his only ghoul on a failed dodge, but was still at 0 SPP on the game due to his zombies' impregnable armour.

Luckily this was around when the attack of the skulls began on Carnifex -- BBManager tells us that he rolled ~27% skulls during the game -- which allowed me to pressure the ball before he could pick it up. My fireball came through (sort of, hitting 1 of 4 targets) with a KO on his werewolf, which left him only his Wights for agi3 players. His blodgy Wight did eventually manage a pickup, followed by a series of dodges into open space, only to get knocked back down by a free Chaos Warrior, at which point I managed a lucky pickup of my own and was able to dodge upfield, then blitz through a single marking Wight and tie up the game.

I managed a single block-caused injury, vs. Carnifex's 4 -- including a free zombie beastman from a second-half kill -- but luckily one of my Chaos Warriors picked up the MVP. Now if only I had made enough cash for an apothecary...
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: ~D&M~ Preseason 5 Day 1  
Jump to: