Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 01:48:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Webcomic thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Webcomic thread  (Read 120929 times)
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #280 on: January 06, 2019, 09:40:44 AM

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 09:43:41 AM by calapine »

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #281 on: March 08, 2019, 10:36:27 AM

Putting this here as public service, seems a very useful meme-reply for this place:

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #282 on: March 08, 2019, 08:08:49 PM

Works for teenagers too; my daughter approves. 

(Dunno if that’s a good thing but wtf am I going to do about it?)

“Why the fuck would you ... ?” is like 80% of the conversation with Poly — Chimpy
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #283 on: October 05, 2022, 10:55:39 AM

About a month ago, Nukees, the very first webcomic I started reading (I started reading it in the school paper my freshman year of college and followed it to the web over winter break), finished up after a 25 year run.  Which got me thinking about the other strips I used to read twenty-ish years ago, and how many of them are still around.  I used to read maybe about twenty webcomics, many of which updated daily, and these days the list has gotten down to:

Sluggy Freelance (used to be daily, is down to a somewhat irregular 2x/wk now, and evolved from gag-a-day to this sprawling sci-fi/fantasy epic that's surprisingly good)
Penny Arcade (still a very consistent MWF, and while I stopped reading it for a while it feels like it's gotten funnier over the last couple years to where it's something I once again look forward to)
xkcd (MWF, it is exactly what it's been for a pretty long time now)
Order of the Stick (maddeningly inconsistent, but I still get excited every time I see a new strip get posted)

Flipping through a few of the other strips I used to read I'm both surprised that they're still updating and also kinda saddened by how bad they've gotten.  In some cases the creator clearly had some sort of mental breakdown (remember Sinfest?  oof) and in most others it seems like they got enamored with some absolute shit storyline that I have no interest in (although someone revisiting Sluggy Freelance after a twenty year absence might well have the same thought, so who am I to judge).

Anyway, curious what webcomics other folks are keeping up with.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #284 on: October 10, 2022, 07:21:31 AM

Just caught up on that Sinfest latest run - woof! Certainly not completely out of the type of humour I remember from that artist but Jesus there was not much in the way of jokes there beyond 'let me draw a MAGA right wing crazy view of the world.'

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #285 on: October 20, 2022, 07:05:48 AM

I used to read Girl Genius faithfully (and buy the print editions) but it sort of lost me when there was a time jump. I have no idea what's going on now when I look and I can't undertake the effort to catch up.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Webcomic thread  
Jump to: