Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 01:28:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NHL 2012 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NHL 2012  (Read 50789 times)
WayAbvPar

Reply #70 on: January 10, 2012, 01:14:23 PM

Salo not being in possession of the puck any time during the sequence adds to the egregious nature of it too. That and Marchand being a legendary rat-faced cunt.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #71 on: January 21, 2012, 07:23:55 AM

Yeah, that hit was complete nonsense. No one ever tries a hip check from that angle, because it's so damn dangerous. Kasperitis use to do this shit all the time.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
WayAbvPar

Reply #72 on: January 23, 2012, 02:34:48 PM

Tim 'The Cunt' Thomas is getting crucified today, and rightly so. What a low class douchebag. Fits perfectly on that team full of shitheads.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: January 23, 2012, 05:12:54 PM

Tim 'The Cunt' Thomas is getting crucified today, and rightly so. What a low class douchebag. Fits perfectly on that team full of shitheads.

I agree (being a Canucks fan has nothing to do with it I assure you Grin).  Thomas is the poster boy for all the fuck heads Boston has playing for them now, esp. that little weasel Marchand. Mob
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #74 on: February 15, 2012, 08:54:31 AM

Good job Wings, 21 straight at home.

THIS IS HOCKEYTOWN, bitches.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
WayAbvPar

Reply #75 on: February 15, 2012, 09:33:12 AM

Going down in WCFs, sorry to say  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: February 15, 2012, 01:49:31 PM

Well what else does Detroit have to look forward too?  why so serious?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #77 on: February 15, 2012, 03:50:52 PM

Well what else does Detroit have to look forward too?  why so serious?

Lions, Tigers, and murders.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #78 on: February 16, 2012, 08:18:03 AM

You forgot foreclosures and urban blight.

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: February 27, 2012, 12:03:36 PM

Worst trade deadline day EVER.

Between salary cap issues and it being a sellers market, it doesn't surprise me that there was just a handful of minor deals and I wouldn't be surprised if this is how the deadline looks for the next couple of years.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #80 on: February 27, 2012, 12:50:38 PM

I thought for sure Nash would move. Not to the Sharks - what they were asking for was kind of ridiculous - but to *someone*.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
WayAbvPar

Reply #81 on: February 27, 2012, 01:05:04 PM

Gonna miss CoHo   Heartbreak

But if Kassian beats Lucic's beak in during the SCF I may learn to love again.

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: February 27, 2012, 01:40:46 PM

I thought for sure Nash would move. Not to the Sharks - what they were asking for was kind of ridiculous - but to *someone*.

It didn't surprise me at all, there was a small list of teams and the asking price was pretty steep. Apparently, the Rangers made a pretty significant last minute offer that was turned down. Be interesting to know what that was.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #83 on: February 27, 2012, 01:59:57 PM

Gonna miss CoHo   Heartbreak

But if Kassian beats Lucic's beak in during the SCF I may learn to love again.
I need to find out more about this kid. 13th over all 2009, big right winger, scores ok in junior. Thats about all I know.

To be fair, we were overly deep at center anyway, plus picked up Pahlsson for the playoffs.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
WayAbvPar

Reply #84 on: February 27, 2012, 02:11:00 PM

TSN guys love him for the Canucks...big, tough, and mean, and can score a bit. Traded an eventual 2nd line center for a 3rd line winger probably. Hearing nice things about Gragnani too though. We shall see.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: February 27, 2012, 04:26:01 PM

Did Toronto do anything to fix their defense at all?

WayAbvPar

Reply #86 on: February 27, 2012, 04:27:55 PM

They traded a couple of AHLers and BB went on and on in his PC about how unfair it is to trade someone already on the NHL squad, which is just code for 'I didn't get any offers I liked'  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: February 27, 2012, 04:29:49 PM

Did Toronto do anything to fix their defense at all?

Toronto Maple Leafs
No Rick Nash and no goaltending help, which will further enrage Leaf Nation. But in the end, Brian Burke might end up being happy with his non-moves as he didn’t disrupt the core of his team, even though they have fallen back in the playoff pack. Burke did ship out promising defensive prospect Keith Aulie for a big forward prospect Carter Ashton, who Burke likes for his size he’s 6-foot-3, 215 pounds -- and skill.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: February 27, 2012, 04:31:23 PM

The goaltending would be fine if this team didn't allow 5 billion shots every fucking game.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: February 29, 2012, 02:52:44 AM

The Leafs are a bunch of useless fucking cunts.

Again.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: March 02, 2012, 09:33:27 PM

To the surprise of no one, Ron Wilson is fired. ( http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=389346 )

I guess that's nice, but it's way to late for it to matter. Is Burke next once the seasons done yea think?

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: March 07, 2012, 11:45:38 PM

I think we've won 1 game in our last like... 13? 14?

At least we own our draft picks this year?

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: March 12, 2012, 11:25:48 AM

I think we've won 1 game in our last like... 13? 14?

Sharks are trying to join you in this.

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: March 12, 2012, 12:03:37 PM

Flames are going to be good enough to threaten a playoff spot, but just end up with no playoffs and another bad draft pick.

I went to the Flames vs. Jets game last friday and it was one of the best hockey atmospheres I've been in since the Cup run in '04. Chants going back and forth for both teams and an actually good hockey game to watch, which hasn't been the case for the majority of the year.

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: March 12, 2012, 02:15:53 PM

Flames are going to be good enough to threaten a playoff spot, but just end up with no playoffs and another bad draft pick.

I went to the Flames vs. Jets game last friday and it was one of the best hockey atmospheres I've been in since the Cup run in '04. Chants going back and forth for both teams and an actually good hockey game to watch, which hasn't been the case for the majority of the year.

You're in Calgary, too?  And yeah, the Flames will probably just miss the playoffs again.  However, without Kipper or another goalie of his calibre, they would be Columbus.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: March 12, 2012, 03:22:10 PM

The stats don't back up just how good Kiprusoff is and how much more terrible the Flames would be without him. They'd easily be competing for the first overall pick if it weren't for him.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: March 19, 2014, 06:46:47 PM

Boston: Eight

Toronto: Zero

I can't even begin to describe how pathetic this 'game' was tonight. Completely and utterly outclassed in EVERY regard tonight. The Leafs didn't have a shot on net until the 12th minute of the first period. Boston had three fucking goals in the same time.

I know we are horse shit, but holy fuck are we horse shit.

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: March 20, 2014, 08:42:51 AM

Good thing Burke didn't make those trades for the those first round picks he was offered.  Ohhhhh, I see.

The Rangers and the Devils sure do hate each other.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=iIlLbJHKw8M

Love it or hate it, the crowd was ROARING.

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: March 20, 2014, 11:29:59 AM

Good thing Burke didn't make those trades for the those first round picks he was offered.  Ohhhhh, I see.

The Rangers and the Devils sure do hate each other.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=iIlLbJHKw8M

Love it or hate it, the crowd was ROARING.

The people who don't like fighting are the super casual "fans" or non-fans.  Most real hockey fans recognize why its allowed and love to see an entertaining fight.  The crowd reaction at MSG is the rule, not the exception.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: March 20, 2014, 10:53:39 PM

Fire the team.

Fire the coaches (again).

Fire the managers, the trainers, the guy who sells hotdogs for 20 dollars in the arena, everyone.

Tear down the Arena, Burn the rubble, Salt the earth it was built on and send every kind of priest/rabbi/cleric/holyman you can think off to preform an exorcism.

We are absolutely worthless as a hockey franchise.

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: March 21, 2014, 09:52:43 PM

The people who don't like fighting are the super casual "fans" or non-fans.  Most real hockey fans recognize why its allowed and love to see an entertaining fight.  The crowd reaction at MSG is the rule, not the exception.

I've always thought it was the exact opposite.  People that don't understand hockey strategy just go to see people get the shit kicked out of each other.  I like to see some real good hockey.  I love the olympics more than the NHL for this reason actually.  High speed, bigger surface, larger neutral zone, etc etc.   I played hockey my entire youth and through high school and none of the players I knew were particularly impressed with fighting.  Not out right against it (I'm not against it either), but I'd much rather see a well executed power play (for example) than a fight any day.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: March 22, 2014, 02:39:11 AM

I can't remember for certain, but I think the last Olympics were played in NHL sized rinks.

The thing with Olympic hockey, is it has the same "problem" World Cup soccer has. It's the literal best of the best playing for the highest stakes possible for their sport. NOTHING is being held back in those games and the quality of player can not be better. It's the best the game has to offer at that moment.

Like, I can totally see someone watching say, the Gold Medal finals last Olympics and being all "holy shit, greatest sport ever, I'm totally watching <local team> now!"... only to find out their local team is Columbus or Tampa Bay.  why so serious?

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: March 22, 2014, 06:25:50 AM

I can't remember for certain, but I think the last Olympics were played in NHL sized rinks.

The thing with Olympic hockey, is it has the same "problem" World Cup soccer has. It's the literal best of the best playing for the highest stakes possible for their sport. NOTHING is being held back in those games and the quality of player can not be better. It's the best the game has to offer at that moment.

Like, I can totally see someone watching say, the Gold Medal finals last Olympics and being all "holy shit, greatest sport ever, I'm totally watching <local team> now!"... only to find out their local team is Columbus or Tampa Bay.  why so serious?

If I recall the hockey ratings for the last winter olympics were quite solid in the US (US and Canada in the finals helped) but it didn't translate into NHL viewership after it was over as many were hoping, so I think you are right in that regard.

And yes I just checked, they were on NHL sized rinks, I had forgotten that.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #103 on: March 22, 2014, 01:32:47 PM

Yea, I have the same issue with the World Cup. I'm totally into the world cup, I watch it pretty religiously. The quality of play is amazing and I totally buy into it. So I start watching the TFC here and holy shit are they bad.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #104 on: March 27, 2012, 06:58:10 PM

The Toronto Maple Leafs are officially out of the playoffs... again. We will be the only team since the NHL lockout, to not make the playoffs now. We have not won a HOME game since the first week of February.

Plan the fucking parade people, plan the fucking parade.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NHL 2012  
Jump to: