Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 02:53:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#4 - Game Day #5 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: S#4 - Game Day #5  (Read 30164 times)
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #35 on: June 16, 2011, 05:01:09 PM

If u  wish me to find you a tall building i will happily oblige
Oh, go find a fucking remedial English teacher, you fucking knob.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: June 16, 2011, 05:07:34 PM

If u  wish me to find you a tall building i will happily oblige
Oh, go find a fucking remedial English teacher, you fucking knob.

Facepalm
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #37 on: June 16, 2011, 05:14:44 PM

I SCORED MY FIRST TOUCHDOWN!   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #38 on: June 16, 2011, 05:23:33 PM

My word!

God Save the Horn Players
AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: June 16, 2011, 05:45:20 PM

Edited - I'm done.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 05:55:07 PM by AndyDavo »
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #40 on: June 16, 2011, 05:46:44 PM

Cut this bullshit now, please.

I am not an admin of the forum but this crap is usually not tolerated around here. We have a different way of playing with each other. I admin the League though. I suggest you edit your post and keep the jabbing at a jabbing level, mostly BB related. This is not becuase you two aren't big enough to tell each other whatever you want, it is because this is about Blood Bowl and while some skirmishing is in my opinion understandable and fun, deep internet douchery is not.

I ask you both, please, as a favor for the health of our game, to take a step back and don't let this spiral into some generic forum crap. And I suggest you edit your post Andy.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 05:53:15 PM by Falconeer »

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #41 on: June 16, 2011, 06:11:55 PM

Don't let the douchebaggery interrupt the fact that

I SCORED A TOUCHDOWN!  why so serious?

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #42 on: June 16, 2011, 06:18:46 PM

TOUCHDOWN MONKEYS !!  Yahoo!

Happy now?  why so serious?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #43 on: June 16, 2011, 06:20:06 PM

We all remember our first time. <sniff>

Right?

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #44 on: June 16, 2011, 06:49:05 PM

TOUCHDOWN MONKEYS !!  Yahoo!

Happy now?  why so serious?

Yes, that'll do.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #45 on: June 16, 2011, 07:28:44 PM

Now that I got my first ever loss in the regular season out of the way, it's time for the premier Necromantic team to take the spotlight again.

Having played against one of the baddest (and shortest) bashing teams in the league it's time to ravage some high elf hiney and out manuever the good old seven sins to the playoffs.  awesome, for real
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: June 16, 2011, 07:33:55 PM

As predicted, my match against Gruntle was a 1-1 draw.  No injuries or deaths for either side and I don't believe either of us got a level up any of our players.  I was sort of expecting a slug fest with a lizardmen/chaos match but it was the least violent game so far.  I scored on my first half drive and was almost able to stop his second half drive and score by using my wizard to great effect once again but I couldn't pick up the ball and he ended up scoring on turn 14.  I tried a hail mary pass on turn 16 into the end zone but skinks being stunties ruined any hopes of a miracle play.  Overall, a nice enjoyable match.  

The tie has dashed any possibility of me making it into the top 4.  Is there going to be a loser bowl of some sorts for those of us knocked out of the playoffs?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 07:38:11 PM by Ginaz »
Gruntle
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: June 16, 2011, 07:34:27 PM

In order to not try to show up AndyDavo and anyother professional forecasters, Nifty Helmets and Slann the Mann drew an amicable 1-1 tie. No casualties were inflicted by either side (though a skink seems to have self-inflicted) and no one was robbed of likely scoring opportunities so rioting is not recommended.

Stress that again. No rioting please.

(Undead and Necromatic teams may continue rotting)
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #48 on: June 16, 2011, 07:39:09 PM

Is there going to be a loser bowl of some sorts for those of us knocked out of the playoffs?

I believe that is the plan, yes.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #49 on: June 16, 2011, 07:49:12 PM

Beardstorm! and The Dandies tie 1-1. My poor +1 agility runner Haiz was killed by a lightning bolt, twice.

Here's the summary:

Beardstorm! | 1 - 1 | The Dandies

Teams
Beardstorm!The Dandies
Race : DwarfHuman
TV : 18101600
Treasury : 60000170000
Rerolls : 44
Apothecary : 11
Fan Factor : 87
Cheerleaders : 04

Match Report
Beardstorm!The Dandies
Score : 11
Touchdowns inflicted : 11
Touchdowns sustained : 11
Passes : 00
Catches : 00
Interceptions : 00
Knockdowns inflicted : 133
KOs inflicted : 50
Injuries inflicted : 32
Deaths inflicted : 00
Tackles inflicted : 60
Yards gained passing : 1416
Yards gained running : 3646
Ball Possession (%) : 2456
Own occupation: 4752
Opponent occupation : 5247
Note of the match: 13/20
Spectators: 33000

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #50 on: June 16, 2011, 08:07:04 PM

I still love that it says "touchdowns inflicted."

Gruntle
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: June 16, 2011, 08:53:35 PM

I still love that it says "touchdowns inflicted."

I suppose there's the rare possibility that you get a touchdown from the other team's action -- like their block pushes your ball carrier across the goal line or something ... (I imagine/hope)that the carrier would still get the 3 SPP but maybe not) Since that's presumably a turnover and they'd then have to kick off what happens on the clock I wonder?
Maybe this is an effective (or dickish?) tactic, I dunno. Anyone with more experience seen this happen?
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #52 on: June 16, 2011, 09:04:19 PM

Happened in our game today. I blocked Falc into the endzone because I failed a knockdown roll with no rerolls.

Gruntle
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: June 16, 2011, 10:28:24 PM

Happened in our game today. I blocked Falc into the endzone because I failed a knockdown roll with no rerolls.
Wow, excellent responsiveness, I ask and you deliver. I thought it'd be much more unlikely than that.
So what happened clock-wise? Did Falc lose a turn (both clocks increment, you receive), did you get a free turn (no clock change, you receive), or did Falc's turn get skipped over while your clock incremented (so falc's turn was effectively pushed to the end of the half)?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 10:54:28 PM by Gruntle »
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: June 17, 2011, 03:59:10 AM

Skaven got their claws out. 5 down, including 3 of 4 skinks, against the Lizards. 2-1 win but it was all over halfway through the first.  Rat Ogre came good. Two key players are out for the next game, though - guard blitzer and block, ss, shadowing runner.

More details later.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 04:08:51 AM by lamaros »
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: June 17, 2011, 05:45:49 AM

Beardstorm! and The Dandies tie 1-1. My poor +1 agility runner Haiz was killed by a lightning bolt, twice.

That's just Mother Nature, trying to correct her horrible mistake.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: June 17, 2011, 05:54:39 AM

Don't let the douchebaggery interrupt the fact that

I SCORED A TOUCHDOWN!  why so serious?

Paelos did much more than that. He got so SO close to win the game. Without taking anything away from him, I've been fighting the UI for the whole game and I shot myself in the foot at least on two very critical situations. I went from an easy game to a 1-1 match with 3 turns to go, 75% of team on the floor or outpositioned and ball on my opponent's hands. Miraculously, one of my blitzers managed to strip the ball on a last hope blitz from the lonley Chaos Warrior running to the end zone, let Sylvia Plath pick it up and shoot it on the other side of the field for a turn 16 winning TD.

So well, I won again but I really didn't deserve it. Sure, if I didn't get a double 1 on a critical dodge, a 1 and a 2 on a critical throw, and didn't misclick for a long pass when all I had to do was a handoff, things could have been different. But that's Blood Bowl, and I didn't deserve a win.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #57 on: June 17, 2011, 06:29:38 AM

Wow, excellent responsiveness, I ask and you deliver. I thought it'd be much more unlikely than that.
So what happened clock-wise? Did Falc lose a turn (both clocks increment, you receive), did you get a free turn (no clock change, you receive), or did Falc's turn get skipped over while your clock incremented (so falc's turn was effectively pushed to the end of the half)?

It ended my current turn, and I got to receive. Free turn from what I saw.

Bann
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: June 17, 2011, 06:33:42 AM

If the mvp thing had any basis on in game performance, my MVP totally should have gone to lightning bolt. Killed a skilled player twice, and was primarily responsible for my score.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: June 17, 2011, 06:58:04 AM

It ended my current turn, and I got to receive. Free turn from what I saw.

Right. Paelos fixed one of my misclicks (where I went with a GFI for TD but for some reason the UI canceled it and ended my turn 1 square short of scoring) by pushing my player in the end zone. I thought that was very fair of him.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #60 on: June 17, 2011, 07:03:36 AM

Haha, if only it was that noble. I do play Chaos after all.  evil

drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: June 17, 2011, 04:02:22 PM

4-0 huhnqua over bashtards.  also 4:0 casualties, huhnqua over bashtards.  krox scored two touchdowns, smashed a blitzer's collarbone, intercepted a pass, and still didn't somehow get mvp  swamp poop

sky had terrible luck but i don't think his heart was really in the game after the first half undecided he kept just passing the ball back and forth and waiting for me to take down his ball carrier, and would start turns doing things like trying to dodge a black orc away from a kroxigor or fouling with his troll.  there was one turn where he managed to roll 6 5 times in a row, then roll a 4, then roll another 6, but it was all on dodges and go for its and other mostly inconsequential rolls.

i thought about showing mercy, but last time i played orcs apologizing caused my team to get destroyed.   instead, i just kept pummeling what few orcs remained after the initial carnage and scoring over and over with saurii and the krox.  i hope some day sky can find it in his heart to forgive me.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #62 on: June 17, 2011, 08:18:25 PM

So Reborne, I'm on the west coast of the US, and I have no idea what your Steam name is, so if you ping me here or on Steam when you're around to play, that works pretty well. I can play at all sorts of wacky hours, too.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #63 on: June 17, 2011, 08:23:53 PM

Its the same name on Steam.

For that matter, ezrast let me know when you get back.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #64 on: June 17, 2011, 09:40:01 PM

Hippies 1 - 0 Minizilla's

Close match, with my team electing to receive and scoring on the 3rd turn.  Ulysees  Got the ball for the next 2 kick offs, caged it up immediately, but couldn't get through the elven passive aggressive defense. 

I was handed a golden opportunity with the kick off for the 2nd half.  The skink trying to pick up the ball failed and was forced to use a reroll.  He then ran over and attempted to hand it off to another skink in the middle, who promptly missed it, dropping the ball into the middle of a cage of saurus, but with only the lone skink marking the ball.  One of my Wardancers leaped into the cage, picked up the ball, then threw it to a waiting catcher behind my lines.  The catcher then handed it to Nealtor, who backed away from any potential tackles.  With what was left of the turn, I got several other catchers and Wardancers into the back field.  The lizards used there next turn to mark everybody they could in the backfield.

At this point, I probably could have moved up Nealtor with a loose cage for protection, and have gotten even more elves into scoring positions, making it impossible to stop from scoring the next play.  However, mindful of the enemies wizard (which never got used during the game, thank god), and slightly drunk, I decided to just say fuck it and go for it that turn.  I ran Nealtor as far up field as he could, who threw an accurate pass to a wardancer with only one player marking them.  And of course, she failed the catch, and then the re roll, dropping the damn ball.  Lizards recover and immediatly cage it up again, but now they are even futher back up the field.  I was unable to get the ball out of the cage, but they were unable to score.

No major casualties on my side.  I think my wardancer broke the collar bone of a skink, another skink was badly injured on a failed gfi, and on the last turn my Treeman badly injured another skink.  My treeman got MVP, and with the injury SPP, I think he just leveled to 3!  Approve our damn game so I can see if I roll doubles or not!

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #65 on: June 17, 2011, 10:14:07 PM

Alive Not Dead 4 - Peace Dogs 0

The first half was a decent half. I made one REALLY dumbfuck move that backfired, but even so, I still managed to keep him from scoring until the very last turn when he made a fantastic throw from a ghoul to a werewolf who ran it in for a TD. I learned to my chagrin just how werewolves work. I hatez them now. Unfortunately, I lost my level 3 blodging tackler blitzer in the first half to a death.

Second half was a goddamn cluster fuck. Total of 5 casualties including the blitzer, and my level 3 thrower now has a smashed collar bone. He proceeded to run up and down the pitch on me. My dice were HORRIBLE. I think Peace Dogs will be retired after this season. I really miss not having somebody for bashing.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #66 on: June 17, 2011, 10:20:48 PM

Bad week for collar bones.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #67 on: June 17, 2011, 11:36:45 PM

1-1 tie versus Reborne. It was a ... really weird game. One of my dudes is going to miss the next game (I don't remember who, probably some chump lineman), my two punching bags got knocked out in the first turn (one got knocked out, the other badly hurt, I believe), my wizard FIZZLED (I am still mad! >:( ) but then I managed to do some bullshit to knock the ball loose and the first half ended 0-0. Unfortunately, I was kicking off to Reborne with a whole six Norse on the pitch. It uh. Went about as well as expected, defense-wise, although he finally stopped hurting all my guys, instead just stunning/knocking them down! So after he scored (with his accursed +agi ogre, I believe), my two slackers in the knock out pen woke up. Now I felt FLUSH, because I had EIGHT dudes on the field. I caged up, then spied an OPENING for a PASS that wouldn't be entirely awful, so I took that opportunity because why the hell not at this point. Pass went fine! But I couldn't manage to mark all his ogres (failed a dodge to get my last guy in position,) so my poor lineman got blitzed AND the ogre picked up the ball. Tragedy! Feeling optimistic, though, I dodged one of my dauntless runners up to him (with my lineman POISED to stand up and help) in the hopes I could punch the ball loose again. Reborne apparently didn't like the looks of this and tried to dodge away instead, but failed. My runner went "EEEEEE," scooped up the ball, and scurried into the end zone to snag the tie.

Aside from Mister Miss Next Game, no real injuries or deaths. LUMP BEEFBROTH, the +str runner, got MVP and will be going up a level. So that is nice.  awesome, for real

EDIT: And Reborne uploaded, if you would like to see the weirdness for yourself. Just a weird, weird game. And everyone should reassure him that knocking half the Norse off the pitch is totally normal.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 11:38:41 PM by Sjofn »

Reborne
Terracotta Army

something something plays a shitload of Blood Bowl something something

Reply #68 on: June 17, 2011, 11:49:49 PM

More fun in the land of Ogres!

The Mutiny 1 - 1 Wrestlers

Sjofn called this before the game, she said 0 - 0 but close enough :)

It was kinda bloody, norse having a thing for beer and only getting it when they are off field means that they seemed to be taking dives at times.
No deaths though.

Highlights in my memory were Sjofn frequently cursing my ball carrying Ogre. Who actually managed to score this game  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
This came about because the wizard bolt fizzled. I'm starting to think that my Ogres have a stupidity field that prevents intelligent things like magic, since this happens almost every time that a wizard gets used for or against them.

Watching a snotling fend off a Werewolf right at the start of the game thanks to tripple skulls was golden.

Sjofn had some nice plays, taking down my ball carrier on the edge of her end zone and getting the ball the hell out of their before I scored again came from a blitzer that was down and covered by 2 Ogres.
Also taking out a snotling to make a pass that allowed her to score right near the end of the game.

Still having loads of fun, it's great playing with everyone here :)

Game uploaded.

"We apologise for the inconvenience" - God's Final Message to His Creation.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #69 on: June 18, 2011, 12:42:58 AM

Oh Jesus, I totally forgot about the triple skulls, that was hilarious too.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#4 - Game Day #5  
Jump to: