Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:22:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Empires and Allies 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Empires and Allies  (Read 12828 times)
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: June 24, 2011, 04:48:50 AM

I'd like to second the request for a friends list filter; the game has one for Cityville swamp poop but not for itself.

Also last night, they patched in the ability to research upgrades for your units, which requires the extremely fun mechanic of collecting shit that you can only get by begging your friends.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: June 24, 2011, 07:43:02 AM

Also last night, they patched in the ability to research upgrades for your units, which requires the extremely fun mechanic of collecting shit that you can only get by begging your friends.

I haven't logged in yet today, but if that's true, I'm out.  I'm not playing another gift-dependent FB game.  There's nothing wrong with the current "Sell your shit on the market that your neighbors can buy from ANYTIME" system.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: June 24, 2011, 12:35:58 PM

Yup, and confirmed.  Sorry, Zynga...I got tired real quick with this crap on Frontierville.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: June 25, 2011, 03:33:06 AM

Another really annoying thing...when building Government buildings, could I please get a "Empires and Allies" players only filter when sending requests to fill my job spots?

Half the point of these games is that they incentivize you to cajole new players into starting. A feature like this is pretty opposed to the basic business model.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: June 25, 2011, 08:05:49 AM

The thing is, there are already plenty of incentives to recruit new people; you get more energy the more friends you can assist, more friends makes it easier to fill those government jobs, also you have an easier time gathering the 3 ores you can't harvest yourself by having a large pool of people. It would simply be a huge help for two specific cases to have an Empires and Allies friends tab (Government buildings and gift requests).

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Empires and Allies  
Jump to: