Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 02, 2024, 12:54:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2011 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 64 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2011  (Read 386883 times)
WayAbvPar

Reply #280 on: August 22, 2011, 09:38:23 AM

Tarvaris Jackson update:
Still terrible.
 Ohhhhh, I see.

Whitehurst looked good on that 9 of 10 drive! Yea, it was against preseason scrubs, but hey, I'm trying to be positive for you.

He did indeed. They changed the gameplan for him though- they had TJ doing naked boots and all kinds of downfield throws to test him out, while Clipboard Jesus had more quick routes and first/2nd reads to go to. I want to see him get a run with the first team so we can more properly prepare.

Actually I just want to go 1-15, see Pete Carroll get fired, and then draft Andrew Luck.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #281 on: August 22, 2011, 11:28:15 AM

Cincinnati Bengals Announcers: Still making excuses about "trying to gel with this new lineup."

Then again they have 20 years practice.

God I wish they'd leave this city so I could watch something else.

Just wait. You are about to draft Pryor.  awesome, for real

Nope!  Al Davis struck again!   swamp poop
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #282 on: August 22, 2011, 11:36:03 AM

Oakland and Cincy. Battling it out for who is the worst ownership in the league.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #283 on: August 22, 2011, 12:09:18 PM

I can think of at least 7 guys I would rather have than Brees in the league right now:

1.  Rivers
2.  Brady
3.  Vick
4.  Rodgers
5.  Roethlisberger
6.  Manning son #1
7.  Ryan

And probably Joe Flacco and Josh Freeman as well. 

Were I the owner of an NFL team, I'd want:

1) Manning
2) Rogers
3) Brady
4) Brees

Vick is a meltdown waiting to happen.  Roethlessberger is too system specific.  I'm not sold on Ryan yet. 

I agree with this opinion 100%, was actually going to almost write the same exact thing!
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #284 on: August 22, 2011, 12:11:56 PM

I agree with this opinion 100%, was actually going to almost write the same exact thing!

Holy crap! Did we just agree on something?  This may be a first. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #285 on: August 22, 2011, 12:12:55 PM

Cincinnati Bengals Announcers: Still making excuses about "trying to gel with this new lineup."

Then again they have 20 years practice.

God I wish they'd leave this city so I could watch something else.

Just wait. You are about to draft Pryor.  awesome, for real

Nope, Pryor to Oakland.  Which seems totally unsurprising the more I think about it. why so serious?
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #286 on: August 22, 2011, 12:14:41 PM

Just for shits and giggles, here are my predictions:

AFC East: Patriots
AFC North: Steelers
AFC South: Colts
AFC West: Chiefs
Wildcards: Texans, Chargers

NFC East: Cowboys
NFC North: Lions
NFC South: Bucs
NFC West: Rams
Wildcards: Packers, Giants

AFC Champ: Chiefs v Chargers
NFC Champ: Packers v Cowboys

Superbowl: Packers v Chargers - Packers repeat!

---

Yeah I wrote Lions!  Suh is going to rip Rogers head off... literally.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #287 on: August 22, 2011, 12:40:27 PM

Oakland and Cincy. Battling it out for who is the worst ownership in the league.

Can't we just shoot both the owners, shove their bodies up Jerry Jones' ass and shot the trio into the sun?

EDIT: According to ESPN, the Raiders now do not have a pick in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounds of next year's draft. WTF? Does anyone think they are close enough to a winning team that they should miss out on that many high picks? Al Davis is certifiable.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 12:43:49 PM by HaemishM »

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #288 on: August 22, 2011, 12:52:58 PM

Davis got confused. He thought he was recruiting for a track team, not a football team.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #289 on: August 22, 2011, 01:27:32 PM

Just for shits and giggles, here are my predictions:

AFC East: Patriots
AFC North: Steelers
AFC South: Colts
AFC West: Chiefs
Wildcards: Texans, Chargers

NFC East: Cowboys
NFC North: Lions
NFC South: Bucs
NFC West: Rams
Wildcards: Packers, Giants

AFC Champ: Chiefs v Chargers
NFC Champ: Packers v Cowboys

Superbowl: Packers v Chargers - Packers repeat!

---

Yeah I wrote Lions!  Suh is going to rip Rogers head off... literally.

Dude, I'm a Lion's fan and I think you are nuts.

There will be lots of injuries like every year. Hell, we already lost an RB for the year. That's just a taste.  7-9 is my predicition.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #290 on: August 22, 2011, 01:31:56 PM

What's the over/under on how many games before Stafford's arm launches itself out of his shoulder socket?  I'll take 9.

-Rasix
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #291 on: August 22, 2011, 01:33:02 PM

What's the over/under on how many games before Stafford's arm launches itself out of his shoulder socket?  I'll take 9.

Game 5. Chicago defense.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #292 on: August 22, 2011, 02:03:02 PM

Dude, I'm a Lion's fan

Wait......what?  How?
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #293 on: August 22, 2011, 02:46:03 PM

Dude, I'm a Lion's fan

Wait......what?  How?

Drank the water... Same explanation I use to certify my being a Browns fan

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #294 on: August 22, 2011, 03:19:44 PM

Lions fan here too, 7-9 sounds about right.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #295 on: August 23, 2011, 09:30:48 AM

Well, the Giants looked a bit more decent last night.  Too bad Thomas tore his ACL. 
WayAbvPar

Reply #296 on: August 23, 2011, 01:42:03 PM

I wonder if the Seahawks can weasel a pick or two out of them for Kelly Jennings. I would trade him for a scorching case of herpes, so actual tangible gain would be even better.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #297 on: August 23, 2011, 01:56:14 PM

Well, the Giants looked a bit more decent last night.  Too bad Thomas tore his ACL. 

Witherspoon tore his too.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #298 on: August 23, 2011, 11:21:32 PM

I think the NFC North may be the hardest division to pick this year.

The Lions seem like they'll be pretty good, if they can stay healthy.
The Bears had the NFC's best record last year (not entirely deservedly, but still).
The Vikings Favred themselves up last year, but do we really think they were that bad?  I don't.
The Packers are still the Packers, and Aaron Rodgers is The Man.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #299 on: August 24, 2011, 04:57:26 AM

The Bears had the NFC's best record last year (not entirely deservedly, but still).
The Vikings Favred themselves up last year, but do we really think they were that bad?  I don't.

Maybe 2-4, but I suspect it will go Packers, Vikings, Lions, Bears.  The Bears look terrible. 
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #300 on: August 24, 2011, 06:16:01 AM

How is that the hard division? Lions, Bears, and Vikings all have serious question marks at the QB spot. Pick the team with the best QB and a passable if not great Defense. That's your division champion 9/10 times. It's Packers all the way.

The hardest division to pick in my view is the NFC West. Absolutely nobody knows who will stop being shitty long enough to win.

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #301 on: August 24, 2011, 06:19:18 AM

Packers, Bears, Lions, Vikings. Bears edge out the Lions by a game maybe.

Cutler will be better this year.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #302 on: August 24, 2011, 06:59:48 AM

Cutler will be better this year.

Cutler has the physical potential to be better, I just don't think he sees the game well enough to make it happen.  I like the Vikings with McNabb and a healthy Percy Harvin, but their lack of depth at receiver will kill them.  They should have kept Rice.  I see this division as Green Bay and 3 other teams struggling to be 9-7, 8-8, or 7-9.  Which team (MIN, DET, CHI) will have which record is anyone's guess.  If Harvin's headaches keep him off the field, Minnesota will struggle to be 7-9. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #303 on: August 24, 2011, 07:00:47 AM

I agree, I have a hard time figuring out the North could be relevant this year outside of the Packers.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #304 on: August 24, 2011, 07:03:22 AM

I think this is the year that the Bears get trampled. 
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #305 on: August 24, 2011, 07:17:47 AM

I contend that the most watched/interesting division this year will be the NFC South.

You have the Saints and Drew Brees, you have the Falcons coming off a 13-3 season, you have the Panthers who drafted Cam Newton, and Tampa who won double digit games last year but missed the playoffs.

Downside for the Bucs is that they have no QB, so they will try to ride their D as far as they can.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #306 on: August 24, 2011, 07:29:42 AM

The hardest division to pick in my view is the NFC West. Absolutely nobody knows who will stop being shitty long enough to win.

Rams imo!

God Save the Horn Players
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #307 on: August 24, 2011, 08:17:41 AM

Downside for the Bucs is that they have no QB, so they will try to ride their D as far as they can.

Quick, which QB in 2010 had the following stats: 3451 passing yards, 364 rushing yards, 25 TDs to only 6 INTs and a 95.9 passer rating (6th among starting QBs).

Hint: he plays for the team that 'has no QB'.  rolleyes

The Bucs are likely to regress a bit this year due to a tougher schedule, but QB is not a problem area for that team.  Inexperience, especially on defense (six of the starting front seven are 24 or younger, including three rookies) will be the team's biggest problem.

Over and out.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #308 on: August 24, 2011, 08:52:55 AM

Quick, which QB in 2010 had the following stats: 3451 passing yards, 364 rushing yards, 25 TDs to only 6 INTs and a 95.9 passer rating (6th among starting QBs).

Hint: he plays for the team that 'has no QB'.  rolleyes

See here's the problem I have with the overall stats argument. You left out the when and the how. Please allow me to fill in the gaps.

He cleared a 100 QB rating seven times. Those games were against Carolina, Arizona, Carolina, SF, Washington, Seattle, and New Orleans. You can toss out the NO game because they had already clinched a playoff spot and didn't care in the last game of the season. What do the rest of those teams have in common? All of them were under 500, and Carolina was the worst team in the league. How did he fare against teams with good records? Pitt? Crushed - 67.1 rating with a pick. New Orleans when they cared? Smackdown - They got a garbage TD in the 4th after getting shutout for 3 quarters. Atlanta? Uneven, 2 TDs, 2 picks, a 72 rating and a tight loss, then another loss and a 61.4 rating in the other game. Baltimore, same story. In fact, he played like ass against any team that had a playoff shot and lost.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #309 on: August 24, 2011, 08:54:54 AM

Wait, what?

Ok, the NFC North is not really that hard to figure out. The Lions are a year away from real contention. They'll start strong and fade once Matt Stafford's shoulder goes out again. They will improve, but they still don't have the defense and running game to be considered a contender. The Vikings are a goddamn trainwreck, and it was more than Favre that caused it. Their receiver corps needs a really good QB to make them good and McNabb isn't that good anymore. Oh and he will get injured - a lot. Did you see all those hits Favre took last year? McNabb is going to take most if not all of those same hits. Their defense is aging. No Sidney Rice means they don't have a reliable #1 receiver, because Harvin's headaches and his performances without Rice proved that he isn't a #1. The Bears ARE goddamn terrible but will win at least 3 or 4 extra games on Mike Martz's crazy stupid offensive schemes and sheer defensive power. But fuck me, Cutler will continue to take bad hits because Martz can't protect a QB with a GOOD O Line and the Bears O Line is nothing like a good one. And Cutler has lost Olson, so his one release valve which was terribly misused by Martz is now gone. The Packers lost some people but I see nothing that leads me to believe they won't win that division by 1 or more games.

Now the Bucs in the NFC South? You're crazy if you think they have no QB. Freeman put up good numbers with NOBODIES. That team is young, hungry and talented but raw. They will probably win 10 games again because of a tougher schedule, but I don't see them taking a step back unless the Panthers are better - which they won't be. Cam Newton, for all the hype, is still on a team with 1-15 talent and a pissed off #1 receiver in Steve Smith. They might win 3 games no matter who is at QB, 4 or 5 if Newton is the real deal. But this team is 2 years from contender status. Both Atlanta and New Orleans got better IMO. New Orleans got deeper at key positions (Darren Sproles as a replacement for Reggie Bush was goddamn brilliant). Atlanta is just a good damn regular season team - it's the playoffs where they have to prove themselves.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #310 on: August 24, 2011, 09:01:13 AM

Freeman is a 23 year old lump of clay. He might be good, he might go into a tailspin. I'm not convinced he has the goods. If you believe the Bucs win 10 games, you could make a mint in Vegas because their O/U is 8.

The Bucs are taking a step back this year, but they will be in the mix in the early season.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #311 on: August 24, 2011, 09:10:56 AM

How can the Lions ever be a contender with Stafford's trick shoulder?
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #312 on: August 24, 2011, 09:16:25 AM

Freeman is a 23 year old lump of clay. He might be good, he might go into a tailspin. I'm not convinced he has the goods.

The claim isn't that Freeman is an elite, stud QB (at least not yet).  It's that the Bucs are not in a situation where 'they have no QB'.  Freeman put up good numbers on a team that had no running game until the end of the year, and their best (and only decent) receiver was a rookie.  The most telling number on that stat line is the 6 INTs.  That tells me he takes care of the football and makes good decisions, which right there puts him ahead of the majority of the QBs in the league.  The Bucs got crushed by good teams?  Well no shit.  Put Eli Manning on last year's Bucs team and Freeman on the Giants and see how well each one does.  Freeman would be an instant upgrade at the QB position on at least 50% of NFL teams today.

Unless you're setting the bar at Brady/Rogers/Philips level, where everything under that indicates a team has 'no QB'.  Which would make you a lunatic.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 09:18:14 AM by Nevermore »

Over and out.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #313 on: August 24, 2011, 10:06:34 AM

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #314 on: August 24, 2011, 10:59:14 AM

YES, Kerry Collins got signed with the COLTS, he can continue to be my object of irrational hate!

He knew I'd miss him in my own fucked up way.  why so serious?

God Save the Horn Players
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 64 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2011  
Jump to: