Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:27:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Steam Daily Deals 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Steam Daily Deals  (Read 70258 times)
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #35 on: June 27, 2011, 04:38:28 PM

The divinity 2 sale was the closest I've come to buying something from them until I noticed the Securom shit.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

Reply #36 on: June 28, 2011, 12:42:02 AM

The divinity 2 sale was the closest I've come to buying something from them until I noticed the Securom shit.
EA, Ubisoft, Activision and Focus Home Interactive are 4 publishers I'm always highly sceptical of purchasing titles from, until proven otherwise by other people.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: July 14, 2011, 11:45:52 AM

Revenge of the Titans is today's daily deal. I hear it's pretty good.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #38 on: July 14, 2011, 12:04:48 PM

I think it's just "meh" but I haven't played it that much.
Severian
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: July 15, 2011, 04:57:35 PM

I never heard of it before but Zeno Clash (reviews) looks truly ridiculous, and like short-term indy WTF fun. It's a weekend sale and $3.75 is the right price point.
Acquired.

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #40 on: July 15, 2011, 06:43:13 PM

I heard that it's actually supposed to be pretty good.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

Reply #41 on: July 16, 2011, 04:03:44 AM

I haven't tried it myself yet, but a friend of mine has, and he says that it is definitely worth the money.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: July 19, 2011, 04:48:47 PM

Bought Grid today - its 5 bucks and the proceeds to charity, and I've been looking for a racing game to have on my library anyway, seems good enough.
Severian
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: July 21, 2011, 10:54:23 AM

Civ V is 66% off through the weekend, $17, for anyone suffering not-buyer's remorse for not-buying it earlier.

Or who is tempted by a better price - for the Summer Sale it was $24.99.
climbjtree
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: July 24, 2011, 02:05:05 PM

Is it worth buying for 17 bucks? I want to buy it, but I'm not sure if I've ever heard anything good about it. How's the modding community?
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: July 24, 2011, 02:18:01 PM

Is it worth buying for 17 bucks? I want to buy it, but I'm not sure if I've ever heard anything good about it. How's the modding community?

My two cents is that if you have IV and enjoy it, no reason to buy V at any price.  Unless it has improved greatly from patches in the last 6 months or so.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: July 24, 2011, 05:08:36 PM

Just got it myself, and it seems fun.  The combat is way more interesting than the old doomstack stuff. 

As to if you should buy it, I dunno.  There's definitely a fair contingent of the Civ faithful who don't like it, and $17 is a bit above my "buy it for curiosity's sake" threshold, but I'm not regretting my purchase so far.
climbjtree
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: July 24, 2011, 05:53:33 PM

Hmm, I had IV but I lost the CD's somewhere along the way. Do any of the big name mods have plans to transfer to V? Like that one everyone around here plays with the magic and whatnot?
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: July 24, 2011, 07:27:39 PM

Hmm, I had IV but I lost the CD's somewhere along the way. Do any of the big name mods have plans to transfer to V? Like that one everyone around here plays with the magic and whatnot?

I doubt it, as the guy that made that mod is now working on elemental I think. (http://www.elementalgame.com/)
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #49 on: July 25, 2011, 09:38:30 AM

I'm enjoying Civ V more than I did Civ IV, when comparing the vanilla games.  I still prefer civ IV with the BTS & Warlord x-pacs though, but that's because I enjoyed the Corporation and wider unit gameplay of BTS.  Religions were so damn boring in IV that I don't miss them in V.  Were they more like FFH's religions, I'd have a different opinion.

V's policy system is great and I really enjoy it, the hexes (now that I understand my city's radius' and can design an empire around it) and the death of the stack of doom.  I also really enjoy cities being able to take care of themselves, although I think some of the city attack mechancics place far too much focus on cranking out seige weapons and only having 2-3 high-movement military units so you can capture cities you just beat the shit out of.  (I just crushed a civ in <20 turns using 8 battleships and 4 mech. inf to leapfrog each other.)

I want to see if they can pull off anything more interesting in V's expansions.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: July 25, 2011, 05:31:13 PM

Gods and Heroes, an MMO, is on sale for $15.  I've heard its average at best right now but has a few interesting features like minions and your own estate to dick around in.  As I'm not currently playing an MMO (World of Tanks is not an MMO IMO) I'm pretty sure I can get $15 worth of entertainment out of it.
raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: July 26, 2011, 09:56:51 PM

Gods and Heroes, an MMO, is on sale for $15.  I've heard its average at best right now but has a few interesting features like minions and your own estate to dick around in.  As I'm not currently playing an MMO (World of Tanks is not an MMO IMO) I'm pretty sure I can get $15 worth of entertainment out of it.

I beta'd it and it wasn't bad. I don't think it holds up to what's out there now though. The one thing I did like was the natural feel to the outdoor lighting. It seemed more 'real' than most games.

If this had come out at the same time as EQ2, it might have had a better chance. Still, time will tell.

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #52 on: July 27, 2011, 02:41:36 AM

$17 Civ V is a steal prolly. You'll never find it lower. But I wouldn't hold my breath for an expansion. They can't even get a proper military AI rolling yet, introducing new concepts would only nerf them further.

I'm enjoying Hitman Blood Money at the moment. Sweet game. The older hitman didn't age well.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: July 27, 2011, 11:26:11 AM

I beta'd it and it wasn't bad. I don't think it holds up to what's out there now though. The one thing I did like was the natural feel to the outdoor lighting. It seemed more 'real' than most games.

If this had come out at the same time as EQ2, it might have had a better chance. Still, time will tell.

I've played a few hours so far and its not bad but its nothing spectacular either.  I've run across a few bugs and it lacks general polish but its not all bad.  You have your own little estate which gets rebuilt after doing some quests, though I'm not sure what its purpose is right now other than having a cool looking "home base".  I rolled a gladiator (4 classes now with 2 more in the future), and while the combat is your standard mmorpg fare, the healing minion I have adds to the experience and there are some well done combat animations.  One ability is like a WWE wrestling move where you don't use your weapon but instead flip humanoid enemies around in a few ways.  One of the animations looks like I'm jumping on their back and applying a sleeper hold.  I probably won't be playing past the initial 30 days but I can see some potential for something decent down the road.  It will be tough for them, though, to get past the mediocre release.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #54 on: July 27, 2011, 12:53:09 PM

Yeah, I was in an earlier beta of this version of Gods and Heroes and it wasn't bad, but it didn't make me want to keep playing. I ended up removing it for hard drive space and not going back. It didn't suck, but I have better games to play.

Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: July 27, 2011, 02:58:17 PM

$17 Civ V is a steal prolly. You'll never find it lower.

I'm betting it'll be sub-$15 for the winter Steam sale.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: July 29, 2011, 12:13:39 PM

It's 12 bucks at green man gaming right now.

I am the .00000001428%
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: July 29, 2011, 02:20:00 PM

Real nice one today. Vampire Bloodlines for 5 bucks. Tempted just so I can go disk-less.

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: July 29, 2011, 11:01:33 PM

Real nice one today. Vampire Bloodlines for 5 bucks. Tempted just so I can go disk-less.

It doesn't work on 64 bit OS.  swamp poop  I'm downloading a fan patch right now that supposed to fix it, see how that goes.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: July 29, 2011, 11:12:06 PM

.... urgh. Will be interested to hear how that works then.

Chantelise, by the people who ported Recettear, looks somewhat interesting. I'd love to see some of the small budget Japanese titles ported. If it had been co-op also would be an easy sell to the wife. A natural progression from pop-cap games as it still has the cutesy and colorful style.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: July 29, 2011, 11:24:46 PM

It doesn't work on 64 bit OS.  swamp poop  I'm downloading a fan patch right now that supposed to fix it, see how that goes.

Really?  Works fine on mine.  Although I think I installed it when quite drunk, so perhaps I installed the 64-bit patch without remembering...
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #61 on: July 29, 2011, 11:28:26 PM

Yah, I can't remember now if I installed any patch or not.  But it's working. The opening movies don't show, but I can just click through them and the game runs fine. 

-Rasix
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #62 on: July 30, 2011, 05:37:09 AM

You should install the fan patch anyway to 'fix' the game into playability.
Special J
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: July 30, 2011, 07:25:55 AM

Was looking at this.  Heard good things.  So this still holds up well?
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #64 on: July 30, 2011, 08:04:31 AM

Yes, very well.  Even the character graphics aren't terrible because they were styled. The environs feel a bit weak, but the game's very much worth it.

Plus... crazy sex-vampire in a short skirt. What's not to like?

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Strazos

Reply #65 on: July 30, 2011, 10:12:52 PM

I had one of those shirts from GameStop...though I could never actually bring myself to actually wear it, so I donated it to GoodWill.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: August 12, 2011, 07:10:29 PM

Aion for 5 bucks. Worth it ?

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Strazos

Reply #67 on: August 12, 2011, 07:12:33 PM

Pretty but excessively grindy, if late-beta was any indication.

Fear the Backstab!
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: August 12, 2011, 07:16:10 PM

Pretty but excessively grindy, if late-beta was any indication.

My opinion as well.  Theoretically a PvP game, but there's so much grind before you can PvP I never saw any.  It's a beautiful game visually, though, if you're willing to blow $5 for a look.  I resub from time to time but the PvE murders my interest.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: August 13, 2011, 03:48:25 PM

The level grind is the least of the grinds in Aion, everything is a soul crushing grind from getting gear to enchanting it.  Their whole enchanting/upgrading system came straight from satans asshole.

I am the .00000001428%
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Steam Daily Deals  
Jump to: