Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 04:34:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 106 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only  (Read 892199 times)
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #2135 on: April 02, 2015, 05:16:05 PM

We can now add Living Laser to the 'fuck you one-shot' in Midtown pile, lately. I don't even know what he's doing, all I know is I'm suddenly dead. Doesn't help that the FX spam during the fights he's involved in makes it even harder to work out than making out the old Arrow of Doom indicator.

Based on social chat and the forums, if you're getting killed at all in the cosmic patrols it's just because you're not 1337 enough and your gear sucks (no matter what it actually is). That's why the devs will be making it harder.

I think they should institute permadeath for those zones. You get 3 lives. If you die a fourth time, that hero is permanently removed from your roster. Or if that's too harsh, they could just delete an item of equipment from that hero. That'd boost the risk to be more in line with the potential rewards...

It should delete a Gem of the Kursed from your inventory!  Doesn't matter if it's equipped, in your stash or on another hero.  Die in a cosmic patrol zone and POOF!

Over and out.
Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #2136 on: April 02, 2015, 05:24:45 PM

Based on social chat and the forums, if you're getting killed at all in the cosmic patrols it's just because you're not 1337 enough and your gear sucks (no matter what it actually is). That's why the devs will be making it harder.

I'm not even talking Cosmic Patrol, this is in regular old Midtown. Living Laser got some skill changes recently and one of those skills seems to be 'pwn j00' with little recourse to avoid, especially with a low-def char.
I haven't bothered with Cosmic Patrols yet; I doubt any of my chars would be 'worthy'; I've never bothered upgrading my 63 gear.

If you party with the Party Prince you get two complimentary after-dinner mints
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #2137 on: April 02, 2015, 05:41:56 PM

Yeah, Living Laser has been acting that way since him, Green Goblin (who's also hitting much harder), and Black Cat had their powers re-done a couple of weeks ago. I think I read they're looking into the Living Laser power issue but I'm not 100% positive. GG isn't nearly as bad and is actually in a good spot imo, and Black Cat is still ignorable.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2138 on: April 03, 2015, 03:08:50 AM

Hawkeye is awful.

Yep, and so is the Marvel Heroes character of the same name.

Rimshot

Head scratch

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2139 on: April 03, 2015, 12:30:35 PM

New Hero Today :  Loki.

Interesting.  Kinda fun to play, but I swear it feels like I'm playing a Necromancer again.  So similar.

Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #2140 on: April 03, 2015, 04:10:21 PM

Muzadi, yell at someone to look at the CPU usage of the patcher on OSX. If you leave that sucker going it will melt your laptop. Launch the actual game and it no longer uses 100% cpu.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2141 on: April 03, 2015, 06:44:56 PM

Interesting.  Kinda fun to play, but I swear it feels like I'm playing a Necromancer again.  So similar.

So Loki's a summoner, too? I've found SG was the most fun out of the 3 builds I tried (Rogue, Emma and SG)  I don't own Rocket yet and Loki's never really appealed to me.

Ms. Marvel is nearing 50, as is Moon Knight (Who, after all the other recent heroes, feels like a huge spirit hog) I need to pick another to up from where I parked them at 30. Any votes on Cap vs. Winter Soldier?

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #2142 on: April 03, 2015, 06:57:15 PM

So Loki's a summoner, too? I've found SG was the most fun out of the 3 builds I tried (Rogue, Emma and SG)  I don't own Rocket yet and Loki's never really appealed to me.

Ms. Marvel is nearing 50, as is Moon Knight (Who, after all the other recent heroes, feels like a huge spirit hog) I need to pick another to up from where I parked them at 30. Any votes on Cap vs. Winter Soldier?

Winter Soldier seemed to have issues when I was playing him with some of his abilities.  I'd go with Cap first.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #2143 on: April 03, 2015, 07:56:02 PM

Loki has summons, but gearing for them isn't that great or fun imo. Rogue's summon build is pure shit, there is no sugar coating how awful that is. Rocket is a little underpar but not completely awful with max omega/boss uniques. Iceman is the best summoner, no contest right now.

Cap > winter soldier. He's my #2 right now after Ice Man.
Ragnoros
Terracotta Army

Reply #2144 on: April 03, 2015, 09:27:37 PM

I have played SG and Loki. Liked SG much better. Loki felt weak. SG was my first 50 (60?) in fact.

Owls are an example of evolution showing off. -Shannow

BattleTag - Ray#1555
Muzadi
Developers

Gazillion Entertainment

Reply #2145 on: April 03, 2015, 11:54:04 PM

Muzadi, yell at someone to look at the CPU usage of the patcher on OSX. If you leave that sucker going it will melt your laptop. Launch the actual game and it no longer uses 100% cpu.

Heh. I'm not directly involved in it, but I know there has consistently been a whole lot of swearing involved from the engineering side of the building working on that.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2146 on: April 04, 2015, 01:22:05 AM

Cap is awesome. 

Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #2147 on: April 04, 2015, 12:46:08 PM

Currently prestiging Squirrel Girl. She's been a joy, even without a maxed Legendary and a curiously low Unique drop-rate for the first 45 levels. She's not particularly top tier by any stretch nowadays but it just doesn't seem to matter. She just melts through everything in her way; she's strangely addictive to play. Always feel completely in control, unlike other summoners.

If you party with the Party Prince you get two complimentary after-dinner mints
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #2148 on: April 04, 2015, 01:00:49 PM

Currently prestiging Squirrel Girl. She's been a joy, even without a maxed Legendary and a curiously low Unique drop-rate for the first 45 levels. She's not particularly top tier by any stretch nowadays but it just doesn't seem to matter. She just melts through everything in her way; she's strangely addictive to play. Always feel completely in control, unlike other summoners.

Well that is probably because she is the only summoner that can direct her pets to attack a specific target.

I am the .00000001428%
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #2149 on: April 04, 2015, 01:36:02 PM

Yeah, that goes a long way for feeling in control. It's why I want Ice Man to have Icicles (the most unused range power) and Absolute Zero (which has no place in the summon tree anyways) to switch places. Then have Icicles direct golems to the Icicles target, while Icicles gives summons a crit damage bonus.

One can dream
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #2150 on: April 04, 2015, 02:19:49 PM

Well that is probably because she is the only summoner that can direct her pets to attack a specific target.

Loki can direct his illusions at specific targets, but his pure summoner build just isn't very good.

Over and out.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #2151 on: April 04, 2015, 06:57:22 PM

Been playing full summon iceman with full summon gear.  Constantly forget to resummon my pets when i zone.  Still kill shit as fast as most other chars.

I am the .00000001428%
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #2152 on: April 05, 2015, 09:46:58 PM

Bit of a dick move not to let you put the new stark tech power cubes in their respective hero stash.

I am the .00000001428%
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2153 on: April 06, 2015, 01:27:06 AM

What's that Stark Tech shit about anyway ?

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #2154 on: April 06, 2015, 03:47:49 AM

Pick up box, use box on artifact to give the artifact +1 to specific powers.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #2155 on: April 06, 2015, 04:34:20 AM

What's that Stark Tech shit about anyway ?

Seems to be something that can be safely ignored for the most part. I played a some over the weekend, 5-6 hours, and saw one drop. It was at least for the hero I was playing, but it was a +1 to a power I don't use. From what they said, I got rather lucky that my first was for the hero I was playing.

Quote from: Doomsaw
StarkTech Power Cubes can drop from any Cosmic game modes (including Cosmic Terminals and Patrols) and from the AXIS Raid. They are fully tradeable.

StarkTech Power Cubes offer +1 to a random power. This could be any random power in the game, from any hero.

When finding a Power Cube, the +1 power rank could be literally anything in game for any hero. As a bonus, there is an additional small chance of finding a power cube for the hero that you are currently playing. Example: If you find 50 random power cubes, you’ll likely find another five or so for the hero that you’re playing.

To “slot” a Power Cube, simply drag and drop the Cube over the Artifact you wish to upgrade. It will overwrite and replace any Power Cubes currently attached to that Artifact.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #2156 on: April 06, 2015, 07:10:39 AM

They are only dropping for the hero you are playing atm.  They damn well better keep it this way, it is hard enough to get a useful one as it is.

I am the .00000001428%
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2157 on: April 06, 2015, 09:55:56 AM

Yeah, that's going to be superfrustratingretarded if they drop for other chaps.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2158 on: April 06, 2015, 10:50:01 AM

From what I can tell they seem to drop at the same rate as Uru stuff, possibly on the same table.  That shit isn't common anyway so yeah, making it across any of the heroes for any of the powers gets crazy dumb.  Didn't know they were only on Cosmic events, though. Explains why I haven't seen any yet.

On the hero front, I don't get the love for Cap.  Rolled him up to 50 and I'm done. Guy's a power hog and only worthwhile on single targets. Maybe great if you're only concerned about raids and farming bosses, but I'm not. I found myself standing around several times waiting on spirit to regen and since I was following the few guides I guess this isn't uncommon?

I confirmed for myself that She-Hulk is also very broken. Doing Holo-Sim I got the "kill 150 shield traitors" mission and died twice in quick succession as they were nothing but ranged.  I've taken weaker heroes in there and been able to survive more enemies than that initial spawn, but not She-Hulk.

Additionally, her refresh of "Lawyer Up" is fucked. (10s buff, +dmg +finish damage)  If you build-up Combo points with "Opening Statement" (the green flash jump) it will not refresh when Closing Argument or Final Verdict are used. However, if you build up points with "Bar Exam" or Cross Examination (the punch) it will refresh every time.  Same combo points, different result. Really fucked.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #2159 on: April 06, 2015, 11:02:05 AM

Cap should have zero spirit problems after getting his sig, he is one of the least spirit dependent heroes out there. He is one of the few heroes that can easily get by without a spirit recovery arti or a spirit recovery core. Also between airborne assault and torqued shield throw (and some meteor kick even0 he is just as good at clearing trash as he is at single target damage. Lawyer up refreshes when you use a finisher with full combo points, i did not notice it ever not working when i was at full cps.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 11:06:46 AM by Threash »

I am the .00000001428%
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2160 on: April 06, 2015, 01:21:48 PM

His sig doesn't come off CD before I run out of spirit. /shrug  His other skills are also somewhat long CD a5 5-10 seconds so clearing trash doesn't work that well. You're standing around waiting a lot. Boring.

I know the combo refresh needs full points. Give it a try exactly as I said, build them up with Bar Exam (auto 5) or The punch, you'll see it refreshes (so long as you hit something) Build them up with other skills and they don't work. I tested it for a good 15 mins yesterday to confirm. You wouldn't think it was different but it is, very weird.

Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #2161 on: April 06, 2015, 06:50:29 PM

If you like Cap's genera playstyle, and if you just want to never worry about spirit management, you can always use River of the Soul Runeword.

I haven't had that issue with Shehulk though when I was testing with Opening Statement, but I gave her up when I realized I'd rather just stick with Luke for my combo point user
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #2162 on: April 06, 2015, 08:24:56 PM

Better of with a power doop since it returns spirit and is actually the best dps runeword for physical characters.

I am the .00000001428%
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #2163 on: April 06, 2015, 09:16:11 PM

Yeah, but if someone is struggling to get to 60, and doesn't have a lot of doop runes/worldstones laying around, RoS is a cheap alternative until they decide to invest for things like a doop runeword.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2164 on: April 07, 2015, 04:09:05 AM

Scratching my head a little here.  My Cap is 44 and just doesn't use Spirit hardly at all.

I'm using the Simple Soldier Build and it's rather awesome.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2165 on: April 07, 2015, 08:18:28 AM

I see what my problem is with Cap now. The build I was using is now out of date, but I had bookmarked the build, not the thread.
http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/171205/outdated-see-new-guide-mocs-post-update-cap-guide-29-second-ttk-38-second-kurse-run-tank

It goes empty on Spirit PDQ, I saw the simple soldier build thread, I'll give that a shot.

Got She-Hulk to 60 last night and she's retained the squishiness for ranged, even with decent L60 uniques and artifacts.  Melee can't touch her, but trying to kill MODOK in the A.I.M terminal on cosmic I died 4 times just clearing room trash. I also was unable to solo a HOLO-sim that was AIM swarms due to the ranged attacks. Her dodge is up at 25% now so something's got to be fucked there.

Also, the Combo points were working properly now, which is odd. I know I was not getting them to proc on anything but the punch Sunday.  It's still best to punch (coss exam) once or twice before leaping about due to animation timing, however. 5 Opening Statements gives you ~1.5-2 secs to get off a refresh due to animations, any stun or lag and you're going to miss it.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #2166 on: April 07, 2015, 08:30:07 AM

For some reason A.I.M. enemies have always done way, WAY more damage than any other enemy types.  Except maybe the lizard hybrids.

Over and out.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #2167 on: April 07, 2015, 09:36:53 AM

I'm not 100% sure but i think their attacks were cone attacks rather than simple ranged shots so they completely bypass deflection.  It was something silly like that, it applied to the tommy gun maggia guys also.

I am the .00000001428%
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2168 on: April 07, 2015, 10:40:34 AM

I have to be honest here :  I have quite a few heroes and I've STILL to get one to 60.  I know you get exp buffs for having multiple (or even one) level 60, but I'm still in AWE of you fucks who can do this so quick.

Iron Man to 60 tonight, I hope.  Legendary quest a go go.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #2169 on: April 07, 2015, 10:55:00 AM

Back in the day we leveled the pre-rework Cyclops just for his extra XP boost and liked it!
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 106 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only  
Jump to: