Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:51:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Dungeon Blitz 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dungeon Blitz  (Read 5602 times)
Miscreant
Terracotta Army

on: March 24, 2011, 08:19:40 PM

www.dungeonblitz.com

Dungeon Blitz is a new browser-based action MMORPG that just went into open beta.

I'm a bit biased because if nobody plays, I'll probably starve, but I think it's pretty fun. It's free to play and any feedback is much appreciated.

FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 10:52:12 PM

I haven't gotten very far (level 3) but from what I've played it's fun.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 11:04:18 PM

Played through the first few quests in Swamp Road with a rogue. Seems basically solid; not something I'd sink a ton of time into but I could see myself logging on now and then when I need a mindless distraction.

Combat did seem a bit uninspired; in particular I didn't feel like there was much I could do defensively if I got in over my head. The dream dragon and its caster minions, in particular, killed me several times since there wasn't much I could do about all those fireballs. I might have just been playing the wrong class; after glancing at the paladin the shield stun ability seems basically like what I was looking for. I also might just really suck at jumping over things.

A lot of the dialogue is cute and my cape is super billowy, so there's that. Camera needs to get fixed though.
Miscreant
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 11:34:58 PM

Was there a place with a bug, or was the camera just not working for you?

ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 12:34:25 AM

When I abruptly switch direction while moving - say, I've just made some space between me and a pack of enemies and now I've turned to resume the fight - the camera takes a couple seconds to get wise to what I'm doing, leading to situations like this
where there are about five more enemies offscreen but still hitting me.

There's also a camera bug at the very edge of Goblin Camp, it's less of a big deal though since it only happens right there:
Miscreant
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 05:32:41 AM

Thanks, that's really helpful feedback.  You can 'bump' the camera in the direction you want it to show by moving the cursor to the right or left edge of the screen.   But it's not an obvious feature at all, and I'm going to add it to the intro dungeon. 

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 07:20:41 AM

I'll jump into it this weekend.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: March 25, 2011, 09:06:33 PM

Made a mage, enjoyed the bit I played (I got to level 9). The completionist in me both loves and hates that the equipment you can get in each area is all listed so you know when you've missed something. Some of the items said they granted +% speed, but I'm not really sure what that means.. is it how fast I run? How fast I attack?

The Lord of the Land approaches..
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: March 25, 2011, 09:11:50 PM

The cape on the rogue makes me lag.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Miscreant
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: March 25, 2011, 10:54:38 PM

Speed is movement speed. Ya, performance is high on the list, and the rogue cape especially.  We thought showing the items would be fun and interesting, but yeah, I have the completionist problem too.

I'm Matt in-game if anybody wants to send me a friend invite.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 10:56:34 PM by Miscreant »

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #10 on: March 27, 2011, 09:20:37 AM

Played it up to level 6 as a Paladin. I liked it. It's very casual and easy to understand. One thing that took me a while was figuring out one of the quests was behind a tree going up instead of going down. I think those kind of things could be better marked.

Also is there a way to have a quest indicator that says what you are supposed to do when you click the quests button? Right now all it does is show me the dungeons with the stars?

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Miscreant
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: March 27, 2011, 09:42:51 AM

Yeah, those paths are not clear enough, and the quest UI needs some work.  Thanks for the feedback.

Sand
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: April 10, 2011, 03:26:08 PM

Very fun thus far!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Level 9 Paladin just got to the swamp and killed the green dragon.

Only suggestions would be to slightly increase item drops a bit. I left the first village at level 8 having run the white dragon a 5-6 times and the undead dungeon 5-6 times, still only had half the item slots filled. And of course they are underpowered as soon as I got to the swamp area.

Love the art work.

You also got $5 out of me for at least a month worth of subscription. So good job.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 09:52:34 PM by Sand »
Miscreant
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: April 10, 2011, 11:19:50 PM

Woot! Thanks.
You are dangerously close to the end of the finished content.  We're releasing more content every week, barring unforeseen beta problems.  Hopefully at a rate that keeps folks happy.

I hear you about the items.  The rest of the items drop off the first dungeon's boss, the goblin boss in the woods, or are bought in town.  We've tried a few drop methods, and wound up with this one that focuses on the bosses -- repeating a boss three times ensures that you've gotten all his drops.  We might tweak that.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Dungeon Blitz  
Jump to: