Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:03:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2011 NCAA Tournament Pickem Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2011 NCAA Tournament Pickem Thread  (Read 21552 times)
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #35 on: March 16, 2011, 06:55:07 PM

I personally don't care about there being a "best" team that much.  I much prefer all the heated discussion that comes with determining who is the best team in football.  I find the NCAA tournament boring, most years. 
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #36 on: March 17, 2011, 02:20:29 PM

Damn.  I look for Pittsburgh to have trouble with Butler.  Also, Kentucky loses to WVU again and SDSU is overrated. 
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #37 on: March 17, 2011, 02:30:59 PM

Hey Louisville!

Enjoy the free nuts on the plane home, you fuckers. Cost me a 4 way parlay!

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #38 on: March 17, 2011, 02:48:34 PM

Well shit, I'm already 3 out of 5.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #39 on: March 17, 2011, 03:04:48 PM

Hey Louisville!

Enjoy the free nuts on the plane home, you fuckers. Cost me a 4 way parlay!

Couldn't happen to a better bunch of folks (Louisville, not you)
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #40 on: March 18, 2011, 07:51:08 PM

Washington could not have had a worse first half, and they are tied with the Dawgs 28-28. This is a bad sign.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #41 on: March 18, 2011, 09:17:04 PM

Yep, pissed it away in the second half. Held a Washington team to 68 points. That should have been a win if we hadn't shot so poorly in the first half.

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: March 18, 2011, 09:22:51 PM

Holy shit, Illinois won and get to play Kansas now?

Come on Illini, beat KU just so that jackass Bill Self can again lose to the team he pissed on.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #43 on: March 18, 2011, 09:27:32 PM

Holy shit, Illinois won and get to play Kansas now?

Come on Illini, beat KU just so that jackass Bill Self can again lose to the team he pissed on.

I can go for that.  I hate Kansas. 
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #44 on: March 19, 2011, 01:12:42 AM

Jesus the Hoyas have been Jekyl/Hyde this year.  Tonight they looked like they had never seen a fucking press defense before. Feh.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
WayAbvPar

Reply #45 on: March 19, 2011, 02:30:36 PM

Yep, pissed it away in the second half. Held a Washington team to 68 points. That should have been a win if we hadn't shot so poorly in the first half.

That seems to be the norm the last 3 or 4 weeks for Washington. Play good defense and shoot ice cold in the first half, then come on in the 2nd half. Don't think that will work so well against Carolina.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #46 on: March 19, 2011, 04:41:58 PM

Can we change it to a contest to see who can get the fewest correct?   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #47 on: March 19, 2011, 07:50:59 PM

Um, ya. I'm done. Thanks Big East for laying a total egg in the tourney.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #48 on: March 19, 2011, 07:55:11 PM

Pitt.   awesome, for real

-Rasix
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #49 on: March 19, 2011, 09:40:49 PM

The Big East is once again failing miserably.

WayAbvPar

Reply #50 on: March 19, 2011, 11:23:19 PM

That makes my shambles of a bracket worthwhile.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #51 on: March 20, 2011, 12:00:46 AM

Pitt.   awesome, for real

God... damnit. I had them going to the semis. Fuckers.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #52 on: March 20, 2011, 11:35:53 AM

Oh Washington.  Facepalm

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #53 on: March 20, 2011, 11:41:58 AM

Wow.  The refs really like UNC.  There is absolutely no way that UNC had 9 fouls to UW's 20. 
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #54 on: March 20, 2011, 03:54:20 PM

I'm starting to pity anyone that has to play Ohio State before the final four. They are in a totally different class.

WayAbvPar

Reply #55 on: March 21, 2011, 07:59:06 AM

Oh Washington.  Facepalm

Such a winnable game. God that was frustrating. Glad MBA, Holiday, and Overton are all graduating. Or at least out of eligibility. Next year's team is going to be a bit smaller (no MBA), but they are going to be filled to the brim with lethal guards. Gaddy will be back from his ACL, and Tony Wroten Jr.  should get some time as a freshman. Romar might have to run a 4 guard team to get everyone PT!

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #56 on: March 21, 2011, 08:06:31 AM

Pitt and ND bent me over this weekend on my bracket. I hate those guys. Fucking Big East overhyped bunch of bastards. 11 solid teams and nobody with NBA talent that can win the whole damn thing.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #57 on: March 21, 2011, 08:13:15 AM

Ohio State and Kansas is still the likely matchup in the final game.  I think Kansas will probably be able to take them based on depth, but OSU looks very, very good when they are on.  If Diebler hits his threes OSU wins.  If he hits more than 4 threes they are almost unbeatable. 
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #58 on: March 21, 2011, 09:17:32 AM

No it isn't.

I wouldn't say Ohio State over UK -> UNC -> Duke is the most likely possible scenario to the finals from that side of the bracket. People need to stop with that talk.

UK has what? Four future NBA players two or three of which would go lottery depending on who you ask? Its Memphis all over again and that team could have beat Kansas. When was the last time Ohio State played a team that was more athletic?

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #59 on: March 21, 2011, 10:33:24 AM

Ohio State losing to Duke is possible. Losing to Kentucky? The team that couldn't put 60 on Princeton? I don't buy it.

Also I don't buy UNC because they spot everyone an early lead. They did that with Duke in the ACC finals and got crushed. If they do it with Ohio State, expect more of the same.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #60 on: March 21, 2011, 12:21:11 PM

Princeton is a good team, they just don't have the athletes.  So I don't put a lot of stock in UK not putting up a lot of points on them.  What is a problem for Kentucky is they have no depth at all .  They have one bench player that is reasonable and the rest are terrible.  So they are one person in foul trouble away from getting blasted.  Duke is good, but I don't think they'll get past UConn.  You have to remember that any team that comes out of that bracket is going to have a similar path.  Somebody has to do it and I think that team will be Ohio State. 

If you'd like to see all of my lock solid predictions just check my bracket.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #61 on: March 21, 2011, 12:54:59 PM

Pitt and ND bent me over this weekend on my bracket. I hate those guys. Fucking Big East overhyped bunch of bastards. 11 solid teams and nobody with NBA talent that can win the whole damn thing.

My Southwest and Southeast brackets are fucking trainwrecks. Pitt, Nortre Dame, Purdue, Louisville all fucked me hard.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #62 on: March 21, 2011, 06:29:16 PM

Welp, Bruce Pearl fired at Tennessee.  They had to do it, but it was the wrong move. 
WayAbvPar

Reply #63 on: March 21, 2011, 07:22:22 PM

I don't see a problem with one less slimy douchebag on unemployment.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #64 on: March 21, 2011, 07:39:38 PM

Welp, Bruce Pearl fired at Tennessee.  They had to do it, but it was the wrong move. 

There's no way it could be the wrong move. He broke the one rule you can't break. Don't lie to the NCAA when you are stone-cold busted.

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: March 21, 2011, 08:59:11 PM

Pearl has been breaking NCAA rules (and lying about it) for 20+ years.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #66 on: March 22, 2011, 05:06:12 AM

UT has struggled mightily at times over the years.  I personally feel that they would be better off to keep him with a second chance and take their lumps.  And let's be realistic-  it's not like he handed a recruit a ton of money or got him hooked up with a shady agent (ahem, Calhoun!). He just got caught doing something all coaches do at some point. 
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #67 on: March 24, 2011, 03:15:07 PM

Alright.  Let's go 'Zona.  I hate Duke, and don't particularly like repeat offenders.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #68 on: March 24, 2011, 04:04:53 PM

Go UNC and Kansas!  awesome, for real

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #69 on: March 24, 2011, 04:09:04 PM

I wont be watching BYU v Florida, god I fucking hate both those schools.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2011 NCAA Tournament Pickem Thread  
Jump to: